The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

Nice Moog, I have the Rosetta albums and White Pony, all sick.

Time for me to show my recent purchases. [spoiler=Sexiness]SeansCDs_zps8e356955.jpg

Damn I just noticed Vertikal in your purchases it's an awesome album, and also that bottom left one looks quite familiar, I saw that album cover as someone's avi once before on another forum.

Agreed. Love Prancer more than this but this song reminds me a lot of Option Paralysis and Calculating Infinity's spazziness just with  a few disjointed part.

Nice way of describing it, the song definitely makes me think of Option Paralysis and Calculating Infinity as well.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn I just noticed Vertikal in your purchases it's an awesome album, and also that bottom left one looks quite familiar, I saw that album cover as someone's avi once before on another forum.

That would be the new Circle Takes the Square, Phantom can back me up with saying that they are a sick band. I think you would really dig them, Moog.

Nice way of describing it, the song definitely makes me think of Option Paralysis and Calculating Infinity as well.

I've only listened to Prancer and it's pretty sweet. I'm not listening to anymore until I get my preorder though, so I'll let you know what I think in a couple of weeks!

I've been digging a bunch of 90s hardcore lately...if you haven't listened to Rorschach, Deadguy, Snapcase or Boysetsfire, I suggest checking them out. Boysetsfire's best stuff is their earlier stuff.

Check out the boston strangler if you want to hear the sickest 80s-early 90s styled of hardcore.

That would be the new Circle Takes the Square, Phantom can back me up with saying that they are a sick band. I think you would really dig them, Moog.

I listened to some of their tracks, and yes I do really dig them

Not really into death metal. Listen to a few but I'm more into post metal/prog and surprisingly ok with melodeath. Hate deathcore though. And for more 90's hardcore:

Mahumodo, Frodus, Quicksand, Handsome, Helmet, Gorilla Biscuits, Rival Schools, Engine Down, Drive Like Jehu, Hot Snakes, Planes Mistaken For Stars, Sick Of It All, Unwound and Sonic Youth. 

Finally found where the Converge albums were at in my store, and I picked up these two gems. Probably gonna buy out all of the Converge albums, like I did with the Isis ones that were there.

[spoiler=Pic]

bS53ow8.jpg

Also have some more Melodeath

Anyone here a fellow fan of DIO? I mean seriously, so many people do not know him and he shaped metal in so many ways...

As for his favorite works, I've found that with his band he should have been classified more under Rock, but I really enjoy his Black Sabbath days. Heaven and Hell really moved me, both the song and the album.

bS53ow8.jpg

Good choices. Converge are awesome.

Never cared much for In Flames, honestly. The Jester Race was mediocre and Colony was slightly listenable, but the rest of their discography is overall "ehhhh," in my opinion. Other than the respect I have for them in terms of how much they pioneered the genre, they fall to the wayside for me.

Me either. I'm more of a fan of At The Gates and Vehemence.

Anyone here a fellow fan of DIO? I mean seriously, so many people do not know him and he shaped metal in so many ways...

As for his favorite works, I've found that with his band he should have been classified more under Rock, but I really enjoy his Black Sabbath days. Heaven and Hell really moved me, both the song and the album.

Dio is one of my favorite vocalists of all time.  My personal favorite work of his is Rainbow, Ritchie Blackmore is pretty much God also.

Finally found where the Converge albums were at in my store, and I picked up these two gems. Probably gonna buy out all of the Converge albums, like I did with the Isis ones that were there.

[spoiler=Pic]

bS53ow8.jpg

Both great albums. Glad you finally picked up some hard copies~ 

Also have some more Melodeath

I got your back with In Flames bro. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dark Tranquillity in the melodeath conversation yet. 

Both great albums. Glad you finally picked up some hard copies~ 

I know man, it turned out there were in the Punk section, go figure. The Coalesce albums were in the Punk section as well. Well now I know where to go next time, I'll probably pick up Deeper The Wound, No Heroes, and When Forever Comes Crashing next.

I got your back with In Flames bro. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dark Tranquillity in the melodeath conversation yet. 

Were the only In Flames fans here right now, and I did post one of my favorite Dark Tranquility songs a little while back before the melodeath conversation started up, but oh well I might as well post it up again.

I know man, it turned out there were in the Punk section, go figure. The Coalesce albums were in the Punk section as well. Well now I know where to go next time, I'll probably pick up Deeper The Wound, No Heroes, and When Forever Comes Crashing next.

Most places that have a punk section keep all the best hardcore and metalcore stuff in there. Coalesce rules, Functioning on Impatience is their best in my opinion.

Check and see if they've got some Deadguy while you're at it!

Were the only In Flames fans here right now, and I did post one of my favorite Dark Tranquility songs a little while back before the melodeath conversation started up, but oh well I might as well post it up again.

Great album. I think my favorite is Damage Done with Character being a close second. 

Most places that have a punk section keep all the best hardcore and metalcore stuff in there. Coalesce rules, Functioning on Impatience is their best in my opinion.

Check and see if they've got some Deadguy while you're at it!

Damnit Coral, yet again you've got me into another band, I'm definitely gonna look for some stuff by Deadguy, and I'll probably check for some Circle Takes The Square as well down in my store. Yeah Functioning on Impatience is an awesome album, though they don't have it down there, though hey, it's better than nothing.

Damnit Coral, yet again you've got me into another band, I'm definitely gonna look for some stuff by Deadguy, and I'll probably check for some Circle Takes The Square as well down in my store. Yeah Functioning on Impatience is an awesome album, though they don't have it down there, though hey, it's better than nothing.

I just recently got into Deadguy, they're one of the metalcore pioneers. Converge and Coalesce opened for them back when they were starting off. 

Circle Takes the Square rules but I doubt you'd be able to find their stuff in a store, your best bet is buying online. You can buy both of their full-lengths on their merch store, I wish they'd re-release their EP though. 

I just recently got into Deadguy, they're one of the metalcore pioneers. Converge and Coalesce opened for them back when they were starting off. 

Circle Takes the Square rules but I doubt you'd be able to find their stuff in a store, your best bet is buying online. You can buy both of their full-lengths on their merch store, I wish they'd re-release their EP though. 

Well unfortunately I'm not able to buy online, so I'm just gonna have to cross my fingers and see if I can get lucky, though trust me I have high doubts as well on finding any of their albums. Cool to hear that Deadguy were one of the pioneers of a favorite genre of mine. It's always nice to hear about who are considered pioneers, even of genres that you don't like.

Well unfortunately I'm not able to buy online, so I'm just gonna have to cross my fingers and see if I can get lucky, though trust me I have high doubts as well on finding any of their albums. Cool to hear that Deadguy were one of the pioneers of a favorite genre of mine. It's always nice to hear about who are considered pioneers, even of genres that you don't like.

Yea, I'm liking finding out where all my favorite band's roots are. And also finding out that said roots are in some sick bands. I mentioned the band Rorschach before, their bassist formed Deadguy after the band split up. They're raw as heck but it's sick stuff.  

Yea, I'm liking finding out where all my favorite band's roots are. And also finding out that said roots are in some sick bands. I mentioned the band Rorschach before, their bassist formed Deadguy after the band split up. They're raw as heck but it's sick stuff.  

I never heard of Rorschach before, and don't worry man, raw material is all good for me. Ever heard of Rorcal? They're damn awesome as well. A little off-topic to what we were talking about, but that's what came to my mind when you mentioned that band's name.

I never heard of Rorschach before, and don't worry man, raw material is all good for me. Ever heard of Rorcal? They're damn awesome as well. A little off-topic to what we were talking about, but that's what came to my mind when you mentioned that band's name.

Dear Lord, this band just ran me over with a semi. I'm definitely gonna listen to more of these guys. 

I'll just gonna post both of Rorscach's LPs, they're slightly different from each other but both great. Give them a listen if you're interested~

[spoiler=Sedate - 1990]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrW7zCIg-BI

[spoiler=Protestant - 1993]

Archived