The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 5 years of fighting, Chi Cheng passed away. R.I.P Chi Cheng Of Deftones. 

Damn that's really terrible R.I.P. Chi Cheng, and also here's one of my favorite, yet under rated, Deftones songs

Yup. Been spinning Around The Fur, White Pony and Saturday Night Wrist all day. Be quite and drive give me so many feels..

Be Quiet And Drive was the first Deftones song that I had heard, that one and Change

Sorry I've been MIA guys, still no computer right now so posting will be tough for awhile. As for Opeth, I did like Heritage, it just felt less focused than what I'm used to from them. Demon of the Fall is one of my favorite Opeth songs, My Arms Your Hearse is underrated in my opinion.

Finally finished my collection of individual Opeth albums. Finally gave Orchid and Morningrise good listens, sick albums.

By the way, I'm seeing Opeth on May 3rd

RIP Chi Cheng.

Saw Nile last week.

Opeth are coming in my area as well, but I have to miss them, sucks cause I missed In Flames when they came here as well. Meh, I guess there's a next time.

Sorry I've been MIA guys, still no computer right now so posting will be tough for awhile. As for Opeth, I did like Heritage, it just felt less focused than what I'm used to from them. Demon of the Fall is one of my favorite Opeth songs, My Arms Your Hearse is underrated in my opinion.

Finally finished my collection of individual Opeth albums. Finally gave Orchid and Morningrise good listens, sick albums.

RIP Chi Cheng.

Saw Nile last week.

Im going to see Opeth and Katatonia on the 27th.

btw im gonna whore out my bands because thats what I do.

http://reasonslost.bandcamp.com/

and

http://bloodmoonband.bandcamp.com/

Since the title has hardcore in it's name and Rise Against just got posted here, I'm just gonna assume it's okay for me to start leaving Post-Hardcore here

I thought we already did that. And Fugazi, sweet!

RIP Chi Cheng

Opeth is also coming my way on May so that's pretty awesome.

And more post hardcore!

I thought we already did that. And Fugazi, sweet!

I don't really remember that, though oh well it's cool that there's more people who listen to Fugazi

Also I take back what I said about Axe To Fall being a better album than Jane Doe, Axe To Fall is epic, but I just can't get enough of that Jane Doe sound. And I just found this a little while ago, Converge doing a cover song of The Cure! How awesome is that? If you ask me the cover is better, at least in my opinion.

And finally I might as well leave a pic of the purchases I made yesterday. I've listened to both of the Rosetta albums, they're quite the good ones. And so were the NIN albums, and White Pony is the best Deftones album, along with Around The Fur. Though I've still yet to listen to the Tool album, maybe I'll get around to it sometime.

[spoiler=The goodies]

tHRFV68.jpg

Don't think Opeth's coming to Chicago which sucks. Anyway, that cover was cool and I'm a fan of The Cure. Don't really know what to post since I've been listening to Neon Indian and Sparta all month long so I'll just leave this here. Also, rip Chi of Deftones.

Nice Moog, I have the Rosetta albums and White Pony, all sick.

Time for me to show my recent purchases. [spoiler=Sexiness]SeansCDs_zps8e356955.jpg

Top: In My Eyes - The Difference Between, In My Eyes - Nothing to Hide, Cursed - II

Top Center: Betrayed - Addicted EP, Betrayed - Substance, Rorschach - Autopsy (amazing find, I'll be happy if one person knows what this is)

Bottom Center: Boysetsfire - The Day the Sun Went Out, Boysetsfire - In Chrysalis, Cult of Luna - Vertikal    

Bottom: Circle Takes the Square - Decompositions: Volume Number One (finally got my preorder package!!), Poison the Well - Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

My favorite bands at the moment:

1: Death 

2: Mercyful Fate

3: Pig Destroyer

4: Xanthochroid

5: Timeghoul

Another Pig Destroyer fan here? That's sweet. PD are personally my favorite Grindcore band. Out of all their albums that I've heard I'd probably say that Prowler In The Yard is my favorite by them. Though my favorite track that they've done is without a doubt, their 36 minute masterpiece, Natasha. Doom Metal, Drone and Dark Ambient put into one song is quite the brilliant idea.

Another Pig Destroyer fan here? That's sweet. PD are personally my favorite Grindcore band. Out of all their albums that I've heard I'd probably say that Prowler In The Yard is my favorite by them. Though my favorite track that they've done is without a doubt, their 36 minute masterpiece, Natasha. Doom Metal, Drone and Dark Ambient put into one song is quite the brilliant idea.

They're my favorite grindcore band as well. Yeah Prowler In The Yard is definitely their best. Natasha is genius as well.

Never been a big fan of grindcore, but I am a big fan of TDEP and they have a new song out.

Meh, that's understandable, it actually took me a long time before I could get into any Grindcore band. But anyways loving the new Dillinger Escape Plan song, if you ask me it's not as good as Prancer, though still a great song.

Meh, that's understandable, it actually took me a long time before I could get into any Grindcore band. But anyways loving the new Dillinger Escape Plan song, if you ask me it's not as good as Prancer, though still a great song.

Agreed. Love Prancer more than this but this song reminds me a lot of Option Paralysis and Calculating Infinity's spazziness just with  a few disjointed part.

Archived