The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

Damn, that's kinda disappointing... Vertikal is good but I would put it on par with either Eternal Kingdom or The Beyond. And of course, a sweet song by them...

I feel the need to leave something here

I was listening to Cult of Luna earlier so I'll just post a song by them here

I actually like this, good stuff. Normally I would prefer hardcore more but this is awesome, guys.

New TDEP song guys!

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was bored of the rest of YCM so I decided to start scrolling through other sections and stumbled upon this thread. Not a bad find for me tbh I love metal.

Favourite bands:
Dimmu Borgir

Adagio

Bullet For My Valentine
Avenged Sevenfold

Damn, that's kinda disappointing... Vertikal is good but I would put it on par with either Eternal Kingdom or The Beyond. And of course, a sweet song by them...

I've been planning on listening to Eternal Kingdom since that's the one that I hear about the most

I actually like this, good stuff. Normally I would prefer hardcore more but this is awesome, guys.

New TDEP song guys!

Dillinger Escape Plan have some stuff coming out? That sounds neat, and speaking of them I saw them in an episode I was watching of a show called Metal Evolution, it had Mastodon, Meshugga, Tool, and Rush on there as well, I'm pretty sure the episode was about Progressive Metal. And it's cool that you like Cult of Luna too.

Dillinger Escape Plan have some stuff coming out? That sounds neat, and speaking of them I saw them in an episode I was watching of a show called Metal Evolution, it had Mastodon, Meshugga, Tool, and Rush on there as well, I'm pretty sure the episode was about Progressive Metal. And it's cool that you like Cult of Luna too.

Yup. But they signed in with Sumerian Records and releasing it through them which I find is really weird and I'm just got into Cult Of Luna thanks to you guys.

Something a little different than what I usually post. I was adding some more music to my iPod about a week ago and I rediscovered this band Darkness Over Depth. I used to listen to these guys (well, this guy, I should say, seeing as how it's a solo project) A LOT in high school. He takes a very soft, melancholy, and melodic approach to metal. This song is pretty lengthy, but I find it to be one of my favorite songs to listen to when I'm relaxing, drifting off to sleep, or just in the mood for something really calming.

all types of metal! Nu, Black, Death, Melodic, metaocore, gothic, symphonic, Doom.  its all good...im not picky

i like

1.Killswitch Engage

2.Disturbed

3.Fear Factory

4.In Flames

5.Mnemic

That's not that bad of a list you've got there, I don't mind Killswitch Engage, and I love In Flames

Might as well leave my top 5 list as well

1. Converge

2. Isis

3. Dillinger Escape Plan

4. In Flames

5. Opeth

Eternal Tears of Sorrow are relatively good. Their sound is a bit cliche as a whole, but it's all well-executed. A Virgin And A Whore is definitely my favorite album by them; "River Flows Frozen" is an amazing song.

Admittedly, I don't care for anything by them other than A Virgin And A Whore and Chaotic Beauty.

Well I had gotten an iTunes gift card for easter and decided to buy a few albums, one of the albums I bought was Axe To Fall, I'm now gonna have to say that my favorite Converge album is probably Axe To Fall with Jane Doe coming in a close second. Though both albums are amazing to listen to.

Hey guys, been out for awhile since my computer's down, I'm on a friend's right now.

I had the honor of seeing Rosetta live the other day. If you ever get the chance, I'd strongly recommend seeing them. Best band I've ever seen live.

Well I had gotten an iTunes gift card for easter and decided to buy a few albums, one of the albums I bought was Axe To Fall, I'm now gonna have to say that my favorite Converge album is probably Axe To Fall with Jane Doe coming in a close second. Though both albums are amazing to listen to.

Glad you finally got Converge to the top of your list! Have you listened to You Fail Me or No Heroes yet? 

Glad you finally got Converge to the top of your list! Have you listened to You Fail Me or No Heroes yet? 

Yeah I've heard You Fail Me and No Heroes, actually my favorite Converge song at this moment is without a doubt Last Light, as for them getting at the top of my list, Converge were definitely one of those bands that had to grow onto me before I really liked them.

Yeah I've heard You Fail Me and No Heroes, actually my favorite Converge song at this moment is without a doubt Last Light, as for them getting at the top of my list, Converge were definitely one of those bands that had to grow onto me before I really liked them.

Axe to Fall was my first Converge album, so glad I bought it though. They just need to plavy a show down here soon so Rosetta has some competition for best live show in my book haha.

I had the honor of seeing Rosetta live the other day. If you ever get the chance, I'd strongly recommend seeing them. Best band I've ever seen live.

Damn. I envy you so much right now. Rosetta's highly recommended live by some friends of mine and I really love to see a good post metal band live.

Curious to see your Converge discography rankings.

Curious to see your Converge discography rankings.

Damn I'd have to think that one through

Though I guess it would probably go something like this:

Axe To Fall / Jane Doe / AWLWLB / You Fail Me / No Heroes

And that's out of the Converge albums that I've heard so far

Hopefully it'll be a bit more focused than the last one. It was good but it meandered too much, a lot of the songs felt like random ideas thrown together.

I don't know, I would put Heritage on par with Watershed. It's ok but they could be better I guess.

A couple of days ago I bought Uroboros from store, and I figured that I might as well leave a track from that album

And a Kvelertak song too

Also as for Heritage, I didn't think that it was all that terrible, it could of been better, but I kind of liked it a little bit, I still need to get Blackwater Park though

I'm curious to hear what Opeth comes out with. Heritage wasn't BAD, but it definitely wasn't GOOD either. Honestly, I haven't really been overly impressed by them since Damnation. Ghost Reveries was okay, but it left me wanting more. Watershed was good too, but I feel like it didn't live up to my expectations of Opeth, considering it was anticipated to be Opeth's best. Their debut, Orchid, will always hold the place as my favorite Opeth release.

Archived