The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

Well this place seems to be quite deserted sometimes Oh well

I might as well leave this pic of my new CDs and T-Shirt that I bought

And all I had to do to get these albums was cut off my hair

I'll miss my hair, but oh well it's not like I look terrible with my hair buzz cut

I know that some of the CDs aren't Metal but I'm too lazy to take another pic

And I'll give a little mini review for each album

Just because I'm in the mood for it

sl3lsEn.jpg

[spoiler=Mini Reviews, daaawww they're so cute]

ISIS - Panopticon

I already downloaded this album, but I decided to buy it as well, just so that I can say that I bought every single ISIS album in the store. Really nice to hear this side of ISIS, it's much more softer sounding than their previous album Oceanic, which still remains as my all time favorite Metal album. But anyways ISIS still have it going for them, even though I kind of feel as if the album kind of lacks a little bit behind, it's still an epic album and a must have for anyone's collection.

4.5/5

ISIS - Wavering Radiant

Just god damn amazing, it's like as if they took Panopticon and gave it what I felt that it lacked. The lyrics are just as amazing as any other ISIS album, and the deeper vocals that their lead singer have always make ISIS stand out from the crowd. The one that that I'll mention is different are the synths, they're not as Ambient sounding as they were in the other albums, during certain songs. But still that change doesn't make the album worse or better for me. ISIS rock, and that's all that needs to be said.

5/5

In Flames - Come Clarity

There's a lot of controversy going around about the new In Flames really sucking compared to their older stuff, and that their new material is really "sellout-ish". Unless In Flames start dressing up like Black Veil Brides and Asking Alexandria then I'm not gonna believe that they are being sellouts. As for where I stand on whether the old In Flames or new In Flames are better, I've heard both and I think that the new In Flames and old In Flames are both really awesome. Well....okay maybe Come Clarity doesn't sound like The Jester Race, but that doesn't make it better or worse. I'm liking this style of In Flames, and it's a well done album to me.

4.5/5

Pig Destroyer - Book Burner

This isn't the first time I've ever listened to Book Burner, but still no matter how many times I've listened to this album it still sounds great. The thing that I love about Book Burner is that it's even enjoyable for people who aren't a fan of Grindcore material. Seriously, I remember that I used to hate Grindcore music, but I loved The Diplomat when I first heard it, then I listened to Sis, and before you know it I went off to listen to the full album. This is the only album that made me question whether All We Love We Leave Behind should stay as my favorite Metal/Hardcore album of 2012, even though I chose AWLWLB over it, Book Burner is incredible to listen to.

4.5/5

And speaking of PD

They've got a new EP coming up

It's gonna be called Mass & Volume

And from what people have been saying

It's supposed to sound like Natasha did

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm always here, I just usually wait for someone to respond. 

ISIS rules, I just found Celestial and The Red Sea EP at my local music store, and I have their Mosquito Control and SGNL>05 EPs coming in the mail. 

In Flames also rules, Soundtrack to Your Escape might be my favorite album by them. They may have changed their sound, but they've never stopped sounding like In Flames. They still use a lot of the same writing techniques that they have since the beginning. 

I'm always here, I just usually wait for someone to respond. 

ISIS rules, I just found Celestial and The Red Sea EP at my local music store, and I have their Mosquito Control and SGNL>05 EPs coming in the mail. 

In Flames also rules, Soundtrack to Your Escape might be my favorite album by them. They may have changed their sound, but they've never stopped sounding like In Flames. They still use a lot of the same writing techniques that they have since the beginning. 

HOORAY!! The Metal thread is not dying out yet

Yeah I've literally bought all of the ISIS albums that are at my store

And I don't think I've ever heard a single ISIS song that I haven't liked

And I have to agree with you on In Flames

Their newer material is definitely overlooked by people

I'll have to look for Soundtrack to Your Escape the next time I'm out shopping for albums

HOORAY!! The Metal thread is not dying out yet

Yeah I've literally bought all of the ISIS albums that are at my store

And I don't think I've ever heard a single ISIS song that I haven't liked

And I have to agree with you on In Flames

Their newer material is definitely overlooked by people

I'll have to look for Soundtrack to Your Escape the next time I'm out shopping for albums

Thought I'd upload my recent purchases as well...pretty similar to yours, Moog! Minus Pig Destroyer haha.

NewCDs_zpsb9879e2c.jpg

In Flames: Reroute to Remain, Soundtrack to Your Escape (special digipack edition with bonus track), Whoracle.  

ISIS: The Red Sea EP, Celestial, SNGL>05

I forgot to put Converge's Petitioning the Empty Sky and Unloved and Weeded out, I'll put those in the next one when I get the rest of my stuff in the mail.

You guys wanna put of pics of your collections of individual artists? I like showing off the goods.   

Unfortunately, a tight money situation a year or two ago caused me to sell basically my entire physical collection... I did, at one time, have physical copies of Ragnarok's discography spanning from Nattferd through Blackdoor Miracle. That was probably my favorite section of my library.

I usually don't purchase physical copies these days. The packaging is pretty and satisfying, but after I rip it to my computer, I have no use for it. It usually just sits, collects dust, and ends up with me selling it when I'm tight on cash.

Ill always pick a CD over a digital copy. The sound quality is just better. The second you rip a CD to your harddrive you lose so much quality (unless its FLAC or some lossless format but then it just eats up space on your harddrive)

That being said, I still download 90% of my music.

Might as well, since I'm not the only one who doesn't like digital copies

sHa822a.jpg

A lot of these aren't Metal

And as a matter of a fact this isn't my full collection

The rest of the albums I have are ones of bands

That I used to listen to years ago

The ones in this bag are the only ones that will go on my CD rack so far

I still need to find some Agalloch and definitely some Converge albums

And a lot of other albums (My wish list is so damn huge)

Sucks that they don't seem to sell Converge albums in my store

Or at least ones that I could see

I put all of the metal/metal related albums in bold

And left the non metal ones on the list

Just to ease some people's curiosity

[spoiler=Full list of albums]

ISIS - Wavering Radiant

ISIS - Panopticon

In Flames - Come Clarity

Rise Against - The Sufferer And The Witness

The Chemical Brothers - Further

M83 - (Self-titled)

Deadmau5 - >album title goes here<

Mindless Self Indulgence - Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy

Mindless Self Indulgence - You'll Rebel To Anything

Mindless Self Indulgence - If

Air - Pocket Symmetry

Daft Punk - Alive 2007 Tour

Deadmau5 - For Lack Of A Better Name

M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Deftones - Koi No Yokan

ISIS - Oceanic

Air - Moon Safari (3-Disc Edition)

MGMT - Congratulations

Staind - Dysfunction

Morcheeba - Big Calm

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

MGMT - Orracular Spectacular

Deadmau5 - Live At Earl's Court

Kaskade - Fire & Ice

Tool - Lateralus

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Slayer - Reign In Blood

Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events

The Prodigy - The Fat Of The Land (2-Disc Anniversary Edition)

And also I haven't seen any Agalloch being posted here

I think that they're an awesome band:

Post-Metal music FTW!!!

Ill always pick a CD over a digital copy. The sound quality is just better. The second you rip a CD to your harddrive you lose so much quality (unless its FLAC or some lossless format but then it just eats up space on your harddrive)

That being said, I still download 90% of my music.

There have been tests to prove that the average human ear can't tell the difference between a 320kbps MP3 (or even 192kbps, for that matter) and a FLAC file. Not to mention, extra storage space on your PC is so easy to come by these days. For less than $80, you can get a 1TB harddrive. Even with full FLAC rips, that's a lot of space to fill.

If you say you can tell the difference between a CD and a 192kbps MP3 file through your speakers (or even headphones), I'm going to have to call your bluff every time. Especially if the file is ripped correctly. So not physically having the CD doesn't really bother me much. Plus, I don't have the PHYSICAL SPACE for all of the albums I'd like to own. :P

I put all of the metal/metal related albums in bold

And left the non metal ones on the list

Just to ease some people's curiosity

[spoiler=Full list of albums]

ISIS - Wavering Radiant

ISIS - Panopticon

In Flames - Come Clarity

Rise Against - The Sufferer And The Witness

The Chemical Brothers - Further

M83 - (Self-titled)

Deadmau5 - >album title goes here<

Mindless Self Indulgence - Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy

Mindless Self Indulgence - You'll Rebel To Anything

Mindless Self Indulgence - If

Air - Pocket Symmetry

Daft Punk - Alive 2007 Tour

Deadmau5 - For Lack Of A Better Name

M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Deftones - Koi No Yokan

ISIS - Oceanic

Air - Moon Safari (3-Disc Edition)

MGMT - Congratulations

Staind - Dysfunction

Morcheeba - Big Calm

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

MGMT - Orracular Spectacular

Deadmau5 - Live At Earl's Court

Kaskade - Fire & Ice

Tool - Lateralus

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Slayer - Reign In Blood

Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events

The Prodigy - The Fat Of The Land (2-Disc Anniversary Edition)

I'd list all of my albums, but I doubt you'd want to scroll through almost 3,200 albums. :mad:

I'd list all of my albums, but I doubt you'd want to scroll through almost 3,200 albums. :mad:

3200 Damn that's a lot

I've had to start over my collection

Since my musical tastes seem to change

Though I still do keep those old albums that I don't like

For some reason I'll never understand

My collection is close to 400 physical CDs, quite a bit more on my computer. I prefer buying CDs since I enjoy the visual aspect of the music that a lot of groups portray with their artwork, like ISIS (back when they were around) and Converge. I think an album's art should have depth as well as the music.  

Also this. 

And also I haven't seen any Agalloch being posted here

I think that they're an awesome band

We did have a small discussion about Agalloch awhile back, don't think anyone posted music though. They're a great band, love all of their albums. 

Ill always pick a CD over a digital copy. The sound quality is just better.

Not sure that's the case, but CDs are better just because.

And someone added "hardcore" to the title when I was gone? Sweet. Gonna post a lot more since I almost exclusivley listen to skramz and emocore nowadays.

Not sure that's the case, but CDs are better just because.

And someone added "hardcore" to the title when I was gone? Sweet. Gonna post a lot more since I almost exclusivley listen to skramz and emocore nowadays.

Yea, I asked Cinna if she would so we'd have more room for discussion, we've got more hardcore junkies than metalheads around here. 

Woooo Orchid cover. I'm posting ISIS just because they rule. 

Found out about these guys

They're called Sunn O)))

And they're a pretty awesome Doom Metal band

Yeah, they're pretty awesome. I have one of their albums on physical.

If you say "modest mouse isnt hardcore go away and piss uself fggit", listen to the intro. That shiet is pure skramz.

If you say "modest mouse isnt hardcore go away and piss uself fggit", listen to the intro. That shiet is pure skramz.

Modest Mouse are considered to be heavy enough?

Hmmn, learn something new everyday

And this isn't the YouTube comment section

So you don't need to worry about idiotic metal purists

Flaming and spamming you for no necessary reason

I feel the need to leave something here

I was listening to Cult of Luna earlier so I'll just post a song by them here

You're a fan of Cult Of Luna!!?

So what's your favorite album? Mine would probably be Somewhere Along The Highway and followed by Salvation

You're a fan of Cult Of Luna!!?

So what's your favorite album? Mine would probably be Somewhere Along The Highway and followed by Salvation

I haven't heard any full Cult of Luna albums yet

Expect for Vertikal

Though some of my favorite songs they did are Mute Departure, Ghost Trail, I The Weapon, and Dark City Dead Man

I haven't heard any full Cult of Luna albums yet

Expect for Vertikal

Though some of my favorite songs they did are Mute Departure, Ghost Trail, I The Weapon, and Dark City Dead Man

Damn, that's kinda disappointing... Vertikal is good but I would put it on par with either Eternal Kingdom or The Beyond. And of course, a sweet song by them...

Archived