Yu-Gi-Oh! New Generation Dueling CCG

-DOOM

[center][color="#8b0000"][u][size="7"][b][font="Arial Black"]NGD[/font][/b][/size][/u]
[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][b]
[/b][/font][/color][i][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][size="4"][color="#000000"][font="Arial Black"][color="#8b0000"][b]N[/b][/color][/font][color="#006400"]ew[/color] [font="Arial Black"][color="#8b0000"][b]G[/b][/color][/font][color="#006400"]eneration[/color] [font="Arial Black"][color="#8b0000"][b]D[/b][/color][/font][color="#006400"]ueling[/color][/color][/size][/font][/i]

Our YVD version:
[url="http://www.yvd.tekshare.co.uk/NGDCCG.zip"]http://www.yvd.teksh...o.uk/NGDCCG.zip[/url]

Just run Yanglauncher, it will update your .set.

[u][size="4"][b]Rules[/b][/size][/u]

-YVD format only
-Don't ask how to use YVD or Yangninja's YVD Card Studio here in this thread
-YVD [b]is[/b] compulsory
-Standard YCM rules apply

[/center]
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[center]

[u]
[size="3"][b]Application Form[/b][/size][/u]

[code] [code] [url="link to your profile here"]your name here[/url] [/code(Insert " ] " here) [/code]

[b]Members:[/b]

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/57979-griffin/"]Griffin[/url]
Griffin999

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/16268-cyber-valley%E2%84%A2/"]Cyber-ValleyTM[/url]

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/200253-paranoia-infinite/"]Paranoia Infinite[/url]

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/161805-chillaccino/"]Chillacino[/url]
Mierzwa_Grzebaczek

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/176040-supervillain/"].Supervillain[/url]
hpdoom

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/18055-joshicy/"]JoshIcy[/url]

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/149073-kuri/"]Kuri[/url]
kurimaster101

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/102180-spikeball/"]Spikeball[/url]
spikeball

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/240211-robotbowtieofdestruction/"]RobotBowtieOfDestruction[/url]
[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/190750-anbu-of-sand/"]Anbu-of-Sand[/url]

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/62768-dae/"]-Dae-[/url]
Daedalus_2010

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/147023-ze-super-cat/"]ze super cat[/url]

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/274326-ser-warjacksworth/"]Ser Warjacksworth[/url]
rawbot
[/center]

[b] [/b][center][u][b][size="5"]Current Events:[/size][/b][/u]
[/center][center][size="3"][i]
[/i][/size][size="3"][i]SET2 is in the making [/i][/size]
[b]
POST YOUR CARDS PEOPLE!![/b][size="3"][b] [/b]
[/size][/center][left][center]

[/center][/left]
Okay, I've been running around 3 CCGs before, but everyone else kept dropping out, then I found myself without a steady internet, so I'm not hosting any right now, but I think I could point out some things that really need covering:

1) TCG cards? It's important to state if you're including any TCG/OCG cards & if so, what ones. If not, consider why not and consider adding them. The TCG has loads of cards that are good for the game, gives you a solid starting point so that Decks aren't limited to quite such a small card pool at the start, & allows some level of familiarity with the game, so people joining one or two sets later aren't so lost. You probably won't want the whole TCG, or even a majority of it, but not having any TCG cards seems silly.

2) Story? Flavour Text? Josh & I are currently working on a CCG & we've come to the conclusion that since the images aren't clear in YVD (and often in CCGs, cards come in without any images) that including flavour text on non-effect monsters is a great way to make the CCG more interesting and give players a feel for the cards. Less of a "my generic water monsters attacks your generic fire monster" type feel.

3) Card making guidelines. Even if you take some of the TCG's cards, you aren't definitely going to be copying them, so having different things as 'acceptable' is an important thing. For example, in the CCG Josh & I are working on we've decided that level 4 and below monsters should generally have lower ATK than in the TCG - around 1000 instead of up to 1800ish (so that swarming low level monsters isn't so effective & OTKs are less common) & that 1-4-1 monster removal is a big no-no, so that boss-monsters can be worth more without needing 20 self-protection effects.

4) Make sure to focus on first simply making some decent generic cards, and then focusing on a few themes at a time, NOT EVERY THEME. One CCG I've seen had the horrible idea to make every Deck type equally good from as early as possible. That meant that every pack was split between all the types, all the attributes, all current themes, all new themes, rituals & fusions, and so on. It only got through a few sets before dieing, and I think a big factor of that is that no Deck type got enough focus to give it variety or to be properly fleshed out. Just because I can't make a Beast-Warrior WATER Ritual Deck as competitive as your Pyro-Synchro doesn't mean the game's bad. That's only a problem if EVERYTHING (or everything bar 1/2 Decks) is worse than Pyro-Synchro.

5)
3 Days Set Creation
4 Days Testing Phase
3 Days Tournament
1 Day Banlist Discussion
3 Days Testing Phase
^^^ That's too stiff. It won't work.

Try something like this:

Constant Testing - whenever you can get a duel

Submit Cards at any time - although sets are released at certain points so that things don't move too fast.

Banlists are changed when there's a clear problem - leaving it until set dates can seem to hinder a few days dueling for no real reason, and sometimes there's just no need.

Tourneys held regularly still works, though. I'd make sure it's mostly over weekends so more people can make it.
[hr]

There's probably some more things, too, but if I were you I'd consider those first.
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1291402402' post='4826085']
1) TCG cards? It's important to state if you're including any TCG/OCG cards & if so, what ones. If not, consider why not and consider adding them. The TCG has loads of cards that are good for the game, gives you a solid starting point so that Decks aren't limited to quite such a small card pool at the start, & allows some level of familiarity with the game, so people joining one or two sets later aren't so lost. You probably won't want the whole TCG, or even a majority of it, but not having any TCG cards seems silly.
[/quote]

As was already stated, everyone can name TCG cards they want to be added. Then, we'll hold a voting.

2) Story? Flavour Text? Josh & I are currently working on a CCG & we've come to the conclusion that since the images aren't clear in YVD (and often in CCGs, cards come in without any images) that including flavour text on non-effect monsters is a great way to make the CCG more interesting and give players a feel for the cards. Less of a "my generic water monsters attacks your generic fire monster" type feel.
[/quote]

That's... pretty nice idea

3) Card making guidelines. Even if you take some of the TCG's cards, you aren't definitely going to be copying them, so having different things as 'acceptable' is an important thing. For example, in the CCG Josh & I are working on we've decided that level 4 and below monsters should generally have lower ATK than in the TCG - around 1000 instead of up to 1800ish (so that swarming low level monsters isn't so effective & OTKs are less common) & that 1-4-1 monster removal is a big no-no, so that boss-monsters can be worth more without needing 20 self-protection effects.
[/quote]

So you're saying that we should modify the cards? It's not bad idea too.

4) Make sure to focus on first simply making some decent generic cards, and then focusing on a few themes at a time, NOT EVERY THEME. One CCG I've seen had the horrible idea to make every Deck type equally good from as early as possible. That meant that every pack was split between all the types, all the attributes, all current themes, all new themes, rituals & fusions, and so on. It only got through a few sets before dieing, and I think a big factor of that is that no Deck type got enough focus to give it variety or to be properly fleshed out. Just because I can't make a Beast-Warrior WATER Ritual Deck as competitive as your Pyro-Synchro doesn't mean the game's bad. That's only a problem if EVERYTHING (or everything bar 1/2 Decks) is worse than Pyro-Synchro.
[/quote]

We already know that.

5)
3 Days Set Creation
4 Days Testing Phase
3 Days Tournament
1 Day Banlist Discussion
3 Days Testing Phase

Try something like this:

Submit Cards at any time - although sets are released at certain points so that things don't move too fast.

Banlists are changed when there's a clear problem - leaving it until set dates can seem to hinder a few days dueling for no real reason, and sometimes there's just no need.

Tourneys held regularly still works, though. I'd make sure it's mostly over weekends so more people can make it.
[/quote]

Making it like that can work. Yeah, what if we can't do set in 3 days? Whole schedule goes to f**k itself. Tourneys at weekeends - pro idea

Okay, I've been running around 3 CCGs before, but everyone else kept dropping out, then I found myself without a steady internet, so I'm not hosting any right now, but I think I could point out some things that really need covering:
[b]
Nice, thank you for helping us^^[/b]

[b]
As already said, we already stated that we will include TCG & OCG cards.[/b]

[b]If someone wants to add a Flavour text, sure. Why not? But making it compulsory would be a bad idea. I'd rather use images.
[/b]

[b]Something we should consider. Thank you^^[/b]

[b]
Sounds like the one we started before.... :blink: ......:lol:[/b]

5)
3 Days Set Creation
4 Days Testing Phase
3 Days Tournament
1 Day Banlist Discussion
3 Days Testing Phase

Try something like this:

[b]Sure. Everyone is allowed to test whenever they want to. But in those 4 days, people are supposed to focus on testing, and nothing else.[/b]

[b]reasonable[/b].

[hr]

[size="3"][b]Schedule[/b]
[/size][size="3"][color="#ff0000"](Subeject to alteration)[/color][/size]

[b]I hope "Subject to alteration" means what I think it means.... anyway, this schedule is only a rough frame.[/b]

There's probably some more things, too, but if I were you I'd consider those first.
[/quote]

[quote name='Chillaccino' timestamp='1291402678' post='4826097']
Making it like that can work. Yeah, what if we can't do set in 3 days? Whole schedule goes to f**k itself. Tourneys at weekeends - pro idea
[/quote]

We said [b]maximal[/b] 150 cards. If we don't have 100 cards in that 4 days, we'll just make a set with less cards.

YES

IN YO FACE ALL OF YOUS WITHOUT POWER I HAVE IT

AND SOME RESUBMITTED CARDS:

|Transmigration Priest|50|VNDM|Spellcaster/Effect|LIGHT|4||1300|900|When this card is Summoned, you can select 5 monsters in your Graveyard. Return them to the Deck and draw 2 cards.|
|Ember Guard|51|VMDM|Pyro/Effect|FIRE|4||1500|1100|When this card in your Graveyard is selected as the target of a card effect, you can increase the ATK of 1 monster you control by 100 and Special Summon it. You can activate this effect during either player's turn. When you control 3 or more FIRE Attribute monsters, increase this card's ATK by 400.|
|Vengeful Verdancy|52|VNDM|Plant/Effect|EARTH|4||200|1900|Once per turn, you can return a monster that battles with a Defense Position card to the top of its owner's Deck at the end of the Damage Step.|
|Blaze Bull|57|VNDM|Beast/Effect|FIRE|3||1500|1100|This card must declare an attack if able. When this card is Summoned, select 1 FIRE monster in your Graveyard. Send 1 card from your Deck to the Graveyard with the same name as the selected monster.|
|Poltergeist Phalanx|58|VNDM|Fiend/Effect|DARK|3||1000|1800|You can Tribute this monster to Special Summon 3 "Poltegeist Tokens" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 500/DEF 0) in Attack Position. The "Poltergeist Tokens" cannot be used as a Tribute for a Tribute Summon (or Set) If you activate this effect, you cannot Summon other monsters this turn.|
|Artillery Wyrm|59|VNDM|Dragon/Effect|EARTH|2||900|1400| Once per turn this card is not destroyed by battle. This card can attack while it is in Defense Position. If this card attacks while in Defense Position, apply the ATK of this card for damage calculation.|
|Wave Conger|60|VNDM|Sea Serpent/Effect|WATER|3||1300|0| When this card declares an attack, flip 1 face-up monster your opponent controls to face-down Defense Position.|
|Lancefish|61|VNDM|Fish/Effect|WATER|3||1300|0| When this card declares an attack, change 1 Defense Position monster your opponent controls to Attack Position.|
|Stonebody Druid|51|VMDM|Spellcaster/Effect|EARTH|4||0|2000|When this card is Summoned, you can change it to Defense Position to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower EARTH monster from your hand. Your opponent cannot select another EARTH monster you control as an attack target.|
|Firestarter Ifrit|51|VMDM|Fiend/Effect|FIRE|3||1000|800|Once per turn, you can select 1 FIRE monster in your Graveyard. Inflict damage to your opponent equal to its Level x 200.|

Just in case you can't tell, I'm suggesting FIRE as swarm shenanigans, EARTH as turtling, DARK as useless advantage and WATER as battle position changing.
[url=(insert your name here)](insert link to your profile here)[/url]

wtf i am blind

[quote name='Paranoia Infinite' timestamp='1291483162' post='4828504']
HOLY HELL I NEED TO JOIN THIS!

Sorry, got overexcited.

But using our cards, Blackwings and Gbs and such will become non-meta!

Let's see how to join, anyways...
[/quote]

yes

yes

..................................THAT IS A MORE TERRIFYING IDEA THAN GOD ON A UNICYCLE

[url=(Ser Warjacksworth)](http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/274326-ser-warjacksworth/)[/url]
[quote name='Ser Warjacksworth' timestamp='1291483289' post='4828507']
[url=(insert your name here)](insert link to your profile here)[/url]

wtf i am blind

yes

yes

..................................THAT IS A MORE TERRIFYING IDEA THAN GOD ON A UNICYCLE

[url=(Ser Warjacksworth)](http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/274326-ser-warjacksworth/)[/url]
[/quote]

I have given you a rep to make up for the other twelve. >_>

Anyways, is this little project private, or may I?

Archived