Yu-Gi-Oh! New Generation Dueling CCG

-DOOM

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Ser Warjacksworth' timestamp='1291489062' post='4828902']
I only really want the recruiters. :/

I would suggest Heavy Storm, but I'd prefer to add some other costs to it.
[/quote]

Recruiters are some kind of staples, don't you think? What about sangan? Wait, I'll make a list.

Sangan
Bottomless Trap Hole
MST
Book of Moon
Pot of Duality
Solemn Judgement

[quote name='JoshIcy' timestamp='1291487368' post='4828797']
Permission to Join? Pretty much at the recommendation of -Griffin, I can act in shi's steed when unavailable; and all that. Also I'd love to join a fresh one XD, I got credentials in this area if you'd like.
[/quote]

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ekhm. Welcome :)

[quote name='.Supervillain' timestamp='1291487977' post='4828841']
Please don't move this back to clubs...... We've made bad experiences with this CCG in the clubs section .... :blink:
[/quote]

Thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis

[quote name='Ser Warjacksworth' timestamp='1291489062' post='4828902']
I only really want the recruiters. :/

I would suggest Heavy Storm, but I'd prefer to add some other costs to it.
[/quote]

Also this. We can add even IRL banned cards, obviously with reasonable drawbacks

[quote name='Paranoia Infinite' timestamp='1291490176' post='4828966']
We should add Lightning Vortex, too.
And Monster Reincarnation. I find Dandylion works very well with both said cards.
[/quote]

No dandylion, maybe in later sets. Lighting Vortex, okay.

I thought we don't want to have OTK's.... so why Trunade and Heavy storm?
Duality is a yes from me. Book is ok.

The rest of the ones newly suggested are noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1291490858' post='4829000']
We shouldn't add any TCG/OCG cards until we've defined guidelines to what level of removal & ATK we want. Personally, I'd prefer a format where Smashing Ground would be considered over-powered because strong monsters were actually worth something.
[/quote]

Theme stamped removal like Meteor Judgment, 1400 ATK as standard.
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1291490858' post='4829000']
We shouldn't add any TCG/OCG cards until we've defined guidelines to what level of removal & ATK we want. Personally, I'd prefer a format where Smashing Ground would be considered over-powered because strong monsters were actually worth something.
[/quote]

So what do you suggest?

[quote name='Ser Warjacksworth' timestamp='1291490880' post='4829001']

[/quote]

oooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
|Heavy Storm|0|OTCG|Spell Card|Spell|||||Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on the field.|

Ser said he'd like to add a drawback, would "discard 1 card" be enough?

|Effect Veiler|0|OTCG|Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect|Light|1||0|0|During your opponent's Main Phase, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to select 1 face-up Effect Monster your opponent controls. Negate the effect(s) of that monster until the End Phase.|
|Sangan0|OTCG|Fiend/Effect|Dark|3||1000|600|When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, add 1 monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand.|
|Lightning Vortex|0|OTCG|Spell Card|Spell|||||Discard 1 card. Destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls.|
|Battle Fader|0|OTCG|Fiend/Effect|Dark|1||0|0|When your opponent's monster declares a direct attack, you can Special Summon this card from your hand and end the Battle Phase. If this card is Special Summoned with this effect, remove it from play when it is removed from the field.|
|Giant Trunade|0|OTCG|Spell Card|Spell|||||Return all Spell and Trap Cards on the field to the respective owners' hands.|
|Pot of Duality|0|OTCG|Spell Card|Spell|||||Reveal the top 3 cards of your Deck, add 1 of them to your hand, then shuffle the rest back into your Deck. You can only activate 1 "Pot of Duality" per turn. You cannot Special Summon a monster(s) during the turn you activate this card.|
|Book of Moon|0|OTCG|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||Flip 1 face-up monster on the field into face-down Defense Position.|
|Solemn Judgment|0|OTCG|Trap Card|Trap||Counter|||Pay half your Life Points. Negate the activation of a Spell / Trap Card / Normal Summon / Flip Summon / Special Summon and destroy the Spell Card, Trap Card, or Summoned monster.|
|Bottomless Trap Hole|0|OTCG|Trap Card|Trap|||||When your opponent Summons a monster(s) with an ATK of 1500 or more, destroy and remove from play the monster(s).|
|Morphing Jar|0|OTCG|Rock/Effect|Earth|2||700|600|FLIP: Both players discard all cards in their hands. Then both players draw 5 cards.|
|Rare Ibis|0|OTCG|Winged-Beast/Effect|WATER|4||1400|1100|When this card is sent to the Graveyard by battle, you can Special Summon 1 WATER monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.|
|Charleader|0|TCG|Spellcaster/Effect|FIRE|4||1400|1100|When this card is sent to the Graveyard by battle, you can Special Summon 1 FIRE monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.|
|Giant Root|0|TCG|Plant/Effect|EARTH|4||1400|1400|When this card is sent to the Graveyard by battle, you can Special Summon 1 EARTH monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.|
|Gliding Gecko|0|TCG|Reptile/Effect|WIND|4||1400|1100|When this card is sent to the Graveyard by battle, you can Special Summon 1 WIND monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.|
|Cubic Seraphim|0|TCG|Machine/Effect|LIGHT|4||1400|1100|When this card is sent to the Graveyard by battle, you can Special Summon 1 LIGHT monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.|
|Mad Mosquito|0|TCG|Insect/Effect|DARK|4||1400|1100|When this card is sent to the Graveyard by battle, you can Special Summon 1 DARK monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in face- up Attack Position.|
It's possible, but I'd still rather that it was a bit less convenient than that, such as revealing 2/3 FIREs.

My guidelines would be:
[hr]
ATK:

Level 1-4, 0-1000 ATK
Level 5-6, 1000-2000 ATK
Level 7-8, 2000-3000 ATK
Level 9+ Case-by-case-basis

Naturally, these are to be guidelines, not rules, and negative effects/ect could balance things that exceed them.

Advantages:
*OTKs are much less possible/duels last a better amount of time
*Boss monsters are worth more since they're far, far more valuable for doing damage, making monsters that are supposed to be important actually important.

Disadvantage:
*Slightly odd to get used to at first.
[hr]
Monster removal:
Consider [url=http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tribute_to_the_Doomed]Tribute to the Doomed[/url] 'about right' as far as balance for monster removal goes. Some slightly more powerful things (such as a version of Meteor Judgement needing to reveal 2 FIREs) would probably be accepted, but something as powerful as Smashing Ground would not be.

Advantage:
*Again, Boss monsters gain more value, and it's not as easy to wipe the field for an OTK, leading to a generally more enjoyable environment.

Disadvantage:
*Again, some people might find a different balance-standard odd.
[hr]
Spell/Trap removal:
Consider:
|Mystical Wind Attack|
|Normal Spell|
|Destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field|

To be about the standard for balance. MST being chainable probably makes it a bit OP'd, but otherwise the TCG's s/t removal is about right.
[hr]
[quote name='Ser Warjacksworth' timestamp='1291490915' post='4829001']

[b]What?! Why? All the effort for nothing ;_;[/b]

Theme stamped removal like Meteor Judgment, 1400 ATK as standard.

[b]No >_> Why don't we just make other monsters stronger? 1800 as maximum for Level 4 monsters, but stronger Tribut monsters and weaker synchros.[/b]

[/quote]
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1291491868' post='4829062']
It's possible, but I'd still rather that it was a bit less convenient than that, such as revealing 2/3 FIREs.

My guidelines would be:
[hr]
ATK:

Level 1-4, 0-1000 ATK
Level 5-6, 1000-2000 ATK
Level 7-8, 2000-3000 ATK

Naturally, these are to be guidelines, not rules, and negative effects/ect could balance things that exceed them.

Advantages:
*Boss monsters are worth more since they're far, far more valuable for doing damage, making monsters that are supposed to be important actually important.

[hr]
[/quote]

Duels last too long then IMO >_>
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1291491868' post='4829062']

My guidelines would be:
[hr]
ATK:

Level 1-4, 0-1000 ATK
Level 5-6, 1000-2000 ATK
Level 7-8, 2000-3000 ATK

Advantages:

Disadvantage:
*Slightly odd to get used to at first.
[hr]
Monster removal:
Consider [url=http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tribute_to_the_Doomed]Tribute to the Doomed[/url] 'about right' as far as balance for monster removal goes. Some slightly more powerful things (such as a version of Meteor Judgement needing to reveal 2 FIREs) would probably be accepted, but something as powerful as Smashing Ground would not be.

Advantage:
*Again, Boss monsters gain more value, and it's not as easy to wipe the field for an OTK, leading to a generally more enjoyable environment.

Disadvantage:
*Again, some people might find a different balance-standard odd.
[hr]
Spell/Trap removal:
Consider:
|Mystical Wind Attack|
|Normal Spell|
|Destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field|

To be about the standard for balance. MST being chainable probably makes it a bit OP'd, but otherwise the TCG's s/t removal is about right.
[hr]
[/quote]

I sort of like that. Super is on the other end of the scale tho.

Maybe so.

S/T removal should still be theme stamped.

.-. Wow.

Guys, that would make duels take LESS than twice as long as current. Duels ATM rarely take over 10 minutes for me on YVD, and most duels are half that for people who aren't as slow as me. This would make duels take like, 13/14 minutes, even for a slow player like me. It's hardly a roadblock, it's only going to stop OTKs.

[quote name='Chillaccino' timestamp='1291491909' post='4829064']
@-Griffin - I understand everything, except one thing. You're implying that boss monsters hould have self-protection effects? Oh, and I MUST have this:

[b]I'm implying they should be worth something without NEEDING self-protection effects.[/b]

|Shapesnatch|OTCG|Machine|Dark|5||1200|1700|*flavour text here*|

srsly :mellow:

[b]Totally. Becomes more viable with the new ATK levels.[/b]
[/quote]

[i]I'm implying they should be worth something without NEEDING self-protection effects.[/i]

Ah, that way

[i]Totally. Becomes more viable with the new ATK levels.[/i]

This too, but I need Shapesnatch because I made epic support for it lately :P

@everyone - So what, you want the game to be as fast as now and make duels last 3 turns?

Archived