Rebecca Black

Canadian

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, the bad thing isn't that she's singing about Friday and partying after school, you can also make decent songs without dishing out the deep philosophical stuff. Like this (sorry but I'm kind of obsessed with 2NE1 lately xD):

http://youtu.be/s5pE37aR24Y
http://youtu.be/vyg1Mv0eZ_c

But the lyrics...well I think it's embarrassing even for a girl at her age to be associated with "lawl it's Friday Friday, tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes after...wards =D", "partying partying partying fun fun fun fun fun", but the worst thing in my eyes is "we so excited". Was it really hard to turn it into "we're so excited"? I can kind of understand lack of syllables to make the lyrics flow but this isn't really funny anymore...x_X

I heard the stuff about the music company, apparently they just pick up some random high school girls and pay their parents to bring their daughter out, no matter how good she sings or not. Something like that.
I don't know if it's just stupidity or really great talent in making money...but I don't like it.x_X

One thing I liked was the calendar at the beginning with song titles about the weekdays but that's about all.xD

Overall I think it was a mistake to bring this song out. She said herself that she doesn't have such a good voice and I can understand using auto-tuning on a few lines to bring over that electronical feel, but they're obviously using it to cover up her voice during the whole song (oh and that's the worst thing even before the lyrics). I don't know how happy she is about this, I guess she is right now but a few years later...=/ Oh some company randomly picked me up, gave money to my parents and made me come out big just for the heck of it and for money?

I don't doubt that there will be people who'll like it though.:S [s]surely not on YCM but you know[/s]...

[quote name='Opalmoon' timestamp='1302915059' post='5141687']
You know, the bad thing isn't that she's singing about Friday and partying after school, you can also make decent songs without dishing out the deep philosophical stuff. Like this (sorry but I'm kind of obsessed with 2NE1 lately xD):

http://youtu.be/s5pE37aR24Y
http://youtu.be/vyg1Mv0eZ_c

But the lyrics...well I think it's embarrassing even for a girl at her age to be associated with "lawl it's Friday Friday, tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes after...wards =D", "partying partying partying fun fun fun fun fun", but the worst thing in my eyes is "we so excited". Was it really hard to turn it into "we're so excited"? I can kind of understand lack of syllables to make the lyrics flow but this isn't really funny anymore...x_X

I heard the stuff about the music company, apparently they just pick up some random high school girls and pay their parents to bring their daughter out, no matter how good she sings or not. Something like that.
I don't know if it's just stupidity or really great talent in making money...but I don't like it.x_X

One thing I liked was the calendar at the beginning with song titles about the weekdays but that's about all.xD

Overall I think it was a mistake to bring this song out. She said herself that she doesn't have such a good voice and I can understand using auto-tuning on a few lines to bring over that electronical feel, but they're obviously using it to cover up her voice during the whole song (oh and that's the worst thing even before the lyrics). I don't know how happy she is about this, I guess she is right now but a few years later...=/ Oh some company randomly picked me up, gave money to my parents and made me come out big just for the heck of it and for money?

I don't doubt that there will be people who'll like it though.:S [s]surely not on YCM but you know[/s]...
[/quote]
The info is so true opal but you forgot that she uses autotune witch make her a epic fail but your right about one thing f***ing music companies of crap we should kill the bastards off.

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1303214545' post='5151199']
The info is so true opal but you forgot that she uses autotune witch make her a epic fail but your right about one thing f***ing music companies of crap we should kill the bastards off.
[/quote]
The autotune was the fault of the music company as well.

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1303214545' post='5151199']
[/quote]

No that's not what I said, get you act together please.-.-

I don't think we should kill anyone off, that's not the point. In fact I don't know who the culprit is in the whole thing, maybe the producers who either don't care or are really smart in making money, maybe the parents who agreed to get a random song may for their random daughter with no singing experience, or maybe all the people who are giving it positive or negative attention.

But either way, the song is out, it's big, everyone knows what's up with Friday and if the company planned to do anything, they succeeded. It's bad but it's true. .__.

(on a sidenote, Nuclear Blast has also become pretty jokey but that's off-topic)

[quote name='Opalmoon' timestamp='1303313737' post='5154270']
No that's not what I said, get you act together please.-.-

I don't think we should kill anyone off, that's not the point. In fact I don't know who the culprit is in the whole thing, maybe the producers who either don't care or are really smart in making money, maybe the parents who agreed to get a random song may for their random daughter with no singing experience, or maybe all the people who are giving it positive or negative attention.

But either way, the song is out, it's big, everyone knows what's up with Friday and if the company planned to do anything, they succeeded. It's bad but it's true. .__.

(on a sidenote, Nuclear Blast has also become pretty jokey but that's off-topic)
[/quote]
That's why I like Unique Leader... :0

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1303428955' post='5157674']
@ Kizzi:

I think we are starting to see a trend.

Terrible overusage of AutoTune.
Terrible lyrics.
Terrible idea for a song.

Do you think I can make an AutoTuned song about dicks and get a few million views? :[b][/b]D
[/quote]
The interesting thing is that My Jeans was before Friday, yet it only gathered attention after Friday did. Also, I could never figure out how to abuse autotune properly. If you can, seriously, go for it. I might even be tempted to if you can tell me how.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1303428955' post='5157674']
@ Kizzi:

I think we are starting to see a trend.

Terrible overusage of AutoTune.
Terrible lyrics.
Terrible idea for a song.

Do you think I can make an AutoTuned song about dicks and get a few million views? :[b][/b]D
[/quote]

Please allow me to say it this way is the start of crappy music era.

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1303844142' post='5169904']
Please allow me to say it this way is the start of crappy music era.
[/quote]

Dude there have always been good songs and horrible songs and there WILL also be good songs and horrible songs.
When we think about songs from the past, we tend to know about the good part. But even in the 60s, 70s and previous centuries, there were worse things than Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black in the charts that we don't know about anymore.

Besides, Friday has far more dislikes than likes on Youtube so it doesn't gain a lot of popularity, it just gains a lot of attention. Heck it even has more views and replies in this forum than the "decent" topics.=P

[quote name='Opalmoon' timestamp='1303847375' post='5170008']
Dude there have always been good songs and horrible songs and there WILL also be good songs and horrible songs.
When we think about songs from the past, we tend to know about the good part. But even in the 60s, 70s and previous centuries, there were worse things than Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black in the charts that we don't know about anymore.

Besides, Friday has far more dislikes than likes on Youtube so it doesn't gain a lot of popularity, it just gains a lot of attention. Heck it even has more views and replies in this forum than the "decent" topics.=P
[/quote]

Again with good info thanks for clearing things up, i really mean it.

Why is this still being talked about? Seriously?

Yes, I was curious and I looked at it. And it was horrible.

So do you what crazy thing I did?

I typed 30 Seconds to Mars into youtube and started listening to that instead.

Unlike the morons who spouted all that vile s*** about here, was that really called for?

She's just a kid who had the same popstar dream 9/10 teenagers have, but also had parents with shedload of cash to give to a producer and not enough heart to tell her she wasn't very good enough.

And that warrants all the poisonous abuse aimed at her from gutless, vile people? Seriously?

People's mentality boggles me. If you don't like listening to it, find something you do like.

No need to go 'OMG call everyone this is (several explitives) she deserves to be burned at the stake and DIE becuase this song is so bad innit...?' :rolleyes:

[quote name='Bahamut ZERO' timestamp='1303848472' post='5170047']

Unlike the morons who spouted all that vile s*** about here, was that really called for?

She's just a kid who had the same popstar dream 9/10 teenagers have, but also had parents with shedload of cash to give to a producer and not enough heart to tell her she wasn't very good enough.

And that warrants all the poisonous abuse aimed at her from gutless, vile people? Seriously?

People's mentality boggles me. If you don't like listening to it, find something you do like.

No need to go 'OMG call everyone this is (several explitives) she deserves to be burned at the stake and DIE becuase this song is so bad innit...?' :rolleyes:
[/quote]
hahahaha

[/quote]
This.

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1303848071' post='5170034']
Again with good info thanks for clearing things up, i really mean it.
[/quote]

Eh...it's not a fact, just my point of view.
Overall I don't think that the music quality is going downhill just because of her and Justin Bieber, but I could be wrong (I hope it won't though).

[/quote]

amen to that bro, you're right

[quote name='Dark Lightning' timestamp='1304033180' post='5174698']
I hardly believe that rebecca black earns the right to have a topic started about her, especially in the 'Music' section. She is not music. . . :P

OT: The song is horrible, as well as her new song [b][size="5"]'Prom Night'[/size][/b], which just seems like a terrible rip off of Friday...
[/quote]

Dude please tell me your kidding another song OMG this one's gonna suck so hard XD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1304087558' post='5176103']
Dude please tell me your kidding another song OMG this one's gonna suck so hard XD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
[/quote]

You make me want to shoot myself. You're ridiculous.

She can actually sing a little bit. Give her a voice coach and she could have some really nice songs. Then again, she's affiliated with a song like "Friday", so her chances have slimmed.

[quote name='The Way of the Garo' timestamp='1304087886' post='5176109']
You make me want to shoot myself. You're ridiculous.

[b]Don't we all?[/b]

She can actually sing a little bit. Give her a voice coach and she could have some really nice songs. Then again, she's affiliated with a song like "Friday", so her chances have slimmed.

[b]I think everyone can sing...singing good and singing bad, that's a whole different topic. However, as bad as this song is she still makes more money than us (at least me). So big wup the song suck, just don't listen to it and just go and find songs you like or enjoy. I mean do you go to a movie you don't like, waste 10 bucks to just say hey that movie suck and I went to see it just to say it suck.[/b]
[/quote]

How can Music companies can continue on with this i mean so to called none talented music? in my opinion the future of music would be soo much easy for people who don't know how to sing right can actually make such a video.... this is the curse of autotune i tell you :mellow: .

And of course i watch the new video called prom night autotune is of course involved that means = "sucks"....

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1304092395' post='5176208']
How can Music companies can continue on with this i mean so to called none talented music? in my opinion the future of music would be soo much easy for people who don't know how to sing right can actually make such a video.... this is the curse of autotune i tell you :mellow: .

And of course i watch the new video called prom night autotune is of course involved that means = "sucks"....
[/quote]
You know, I really tried my hardest to decipher this post and I just couldn't...

[quote name='Dismal Euphony' timestamp='1304098267' post='5176382']
You know, I really tried my hardest to decipher this post and I just couldn't...
[/quote]

The guy's name is METALMAXIMAL so it's basically scream out metal rules and anything else suck.

honestly, did he even listen to any pop music produced nowadays? it's basically the same formula used over and over again so why is Rebecca Black that much of a difference or worse in any aspect of a pop music.

Yeah I listen to metal also, metal, alternative metal,metalcore etc etc... still I didn't say something like "oh it's autotune=SUCK"

Yeah so basically Friday was an epic fail but whatever and Prom Night is like the same thing but if she sound as bad she is on the tracks and she miraculously sound as much as the same while performing live then yeah she's a musician because isn't that what a musician wanted to do, create a song that she can play or presented it live?

so Rebecca Black, just another generic popstar that just so happen to have too much attention

Archived