PLEASE LOCK

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='★Wishing Star★' timestamp='1313200600' post='5437963']
Ok, I'll be Trinity's partner then.

[s]Now when the copy-paste function ACTUALLY WORKS, I'll try and get my render done.[/s]

[s]I have a weird feeling nobody will enjoy me posting a Hilda render :P[/s]
[/quote]

Copy and paste no longer works. Now, you must click the little bitty box of a tree located 10 spots to the right of the bold button. Then you paste the link to said picture. :3

If i ever get Accepted I have come up a plot for a Shin Megami Tensei RP (In any form of Series)
[spoiler=Plot]Our world was one day roamed by the gods and goddesses. They tend the world with tender loving care. The covered the world with light and darkness. They filled it with the land and the sea. They place the grass, trees and animals on the meadow lands and wide open seas. The gods thought everything was perfect but still the world was lacking of something. And there, the gods made Man, straight from the gods' image, likeness, and personality. They were the perfect creation of the gods and they have reign the Earth for millions and millions of years. Finally, the world became modernized. Gadgets and technology gave man a new step to the future. But the gods noticed that man is forgetting who created them. They became invinsible to man's mind. Some of the gods became angry at man but no god cannot destroy what they created so a god by the name of Thanatos, the god of Death, sends his army of Shadows to Earth as their punishment. But of course, one God didn't lost hope to man. The god who gave his own son to Earth to redeem them from the sins they have done, has once again sends his child to Earth to save man from the Shadows. He descended to Japan. His name was Tokoyo Mishisawa. He is a Devil Summoner who's destiny is to find himself a reliable team who can save the world from the Shadows. And in Gokenishi High, his team awaits him.[spoiler=Rules]No Godmodding
No Power Playing
No Meta Gaming
No Short posting
No Flaming
No Spamming[/spoiler][spoiler=Info]Tokoyo cannot perform battles and he shall be NPC
We get to summon GODS and other historical icons.
This is like a combination of all SMT games (Persona, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, etc)
We have SIMPLE Weapons to choose from
We need 7-9 RPers including Me[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Ok.

Chaos - I've added it for you.
Gold - Never seen you RP before. Well, good to have you onboard! Have a look for a teammate on the main page in Applicants looking for a Teammate, and ask them!

Also, since almost everyone has said yes to teamnames, make 'em and PM me. Remember, PM ME! NOT HERE! PM ME! I WILL NOT LOOK FOR THEM HERE!

Zombie Survival hmm?

Well, it's been done before, and from the one I've been in you need to:
-Specify weaponry, including ammo.
-Make resources scarse
-No super zombies. Maybe slightly more deadly zombies, but no super zombies.
-Though seeming so, it's never an unending horde. Eventually all the zombies will be so disfiured ythey can't do anything.
-No zombie: Tight spaces (a lot!) - Large Spaces (few)
-Zombie: reverse the above.
-If people get infected without the knowledge of a cure for a while, that's it. You can never remember a specific zombie.

So...I've noticed a recurring dilemma in all the RP's I have been in. What is it? The characters don't act quite...surprised. For example, let's take a look at Kyng's Heaven Sagas RP. My character was tasked to infiltrate the group and "lead" them somewhere. Basically, at this time, she is evil. What did she do to achieve this? She told two NPC's that an old man sent her and that she wants to help. That's it. Only one other character has said something, and it was like one sentence. Nothing else. On top of that, a random girl (KP's character) randomly decided to follow the group. With only one of my characters asking her name, she is now apart of the group and best friend's with Aisu's character. This, in my opinion, makes a story with multiple wires that aren't quite connected right. Why? Because everything is all planned out. I already know what's going to happen, so why worry about dealing with spies, traitors, and other surprises? It ruins the story! D:

Let's take a look at an example of good surprises. I am currently reading "The Lone Drow" by R. A. Salvatore. Why do I continue to read it? Because I have no idea what will happen. Will Bruenor recover from his injuries? Will Drizzt ever find out that his friends did not die in the battle of Shallows? Will Urlgen be able to break the Dwarfs line of defenses before reinforcements arrive? Will Obould learn that it is Drizzt that is attacking him behind his own lines of defense and not a pair of Elves? Will Obould's Drow "allies" continue to play a passive role in the war, or move to an aggressive role? I don't know and won't until I read more. That's how a RP should be. None of the players, and sometimes the host, should know the ending. I wish to try this idea out, so I'm planning a RP based off of a anime about deception...Death Note.

I will have all the players PM me their apps. Only I will see everyone's apps. I, however, will not have a role in the RP. I will only post in the IC to give updates on "Kira's" actions. From all the apps I receive, I will pick one "Kira" and one "L". Then, the RP starts. All players will interact with each other and attempt to find out who the enemy is and take them out (Kira kills L...L arrests Kira...bystanders can choose to follow who they think is "right".). "Kira" may message me anytime to say who he/she wants to kill and how. However...if "Kira" can not provide a correct appearance description and a name...it will fail. So "Kira" must be witty and observant. "L" on the other hand may arrest anybody he/she wants. However..."L" must give me a good reason to arrest said person, or the arrest will not work. If "Kira" is arrested, "Kira" may not use the Death Note. So this may prompt "Kira" to do what Light Yagami did and tear off scraps of the book to give to trusted people. And this will continue until "L" has successfully beaten "Kira"...or "Kira" has taken down all opposition.

Thoughts?

Archived