• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DK: Awesome!! Like a search and destroy RP except its not army-based lol
It has multiple endings :D
Endings I have saw:
1. Kira will be caught or killed.
2. Kira wasn't caught and the whole investigation fails
3. Second Kira appears. Kira gets help minimizing the possiblity the catch them.

There might be more possibilities and endings.

[quote name='Kyng of Ice' timestamp='1313373756' post='5443615']
Zombie Survival hmm?

Well, it's been done before, and from the one I've been in you need to:
-Specify weaponry, including ammo.
-Make resources scarse
-No super zombies. Maybe slightly more deadly zombies, but no super zombies.
-Though seeming so, it's never an unending horde. Eventually all the zombies will be so disfigured they can't do anything. [i]battle for new EARTH. every citizen of the world is infected. we start with NY.[/i]
-No zombie: Tight spaces (a lot!) - Large Spaces (few)
-Zombie: reverse the above.
-If people get infected without the knowledge of a cure for a while, that's it. You can never remember a specific zombie.
[/quote]

Aisu - Well, give us the plot. That will make it so much easier to give these trials

The poll is done it's purpose.

-The Official Theme Song for the RP Team shall be: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHf2BCjxb78]Get Thru This by Art of Dying[/url]
-Each team will now allocate a team name if they wish for one.

[quote name='trinitySOUL' timestamp='1313402205' post='5444571']
@DK: Awesome!! Like a search and destroy RP except its not army-based lol
It has multiple endings :D
Endings I have saw:
1. Kira will be caught or killed.
2. Kira wasn't caught and the whole investigation fails
3. Second Kira appears. Kira gets help minimizing the possiblity the catch them.

There might be more possibilities and endings.
[/quote]

I've counted up 10 possible endings so far.

So...should I run this RP?

[quote name='Dwarven King' timestamp='1313376194' post='5443742']
So...I've noticed a recurring dilemma in all the RP's I have been in. What is it? The characters don't act quite...surprised. For example, let's take a look at Kyng's Heaven Sagas RP. My character was tasked to infiltrate the group and "lead" them somewhere. Basically, at this time, she is evil. What did she do to achieve this? She told two NPC's that an old man sent her and that she wants to help. That's it. Only one other character has said something, and it was like one sentence. Nothing else. On top of that, a random girl (KP's character) randomly decided to follow the group. With only one of my characters asking her name, she is now apart of the group and best friend's with Aisu's character. This, in my opinion, makes a story with multiple wires that aren't quite connected right. Why? Because everything is all planned out. I already know what's going to happen, so why worry about dealing with spies, traitors, and other surprises? It ruins the story! D:

Let's take a look at an example of good surprises. I am currently reading "The Lone Drow" by R. A. Salvatore. Why do I continue to read it? Because I have no idea what will happen. Will Bruenor recover from his injuries? Will Drizzt ever find out that his friends did not die in the battle of Shallows? Will Urlgen be able to break the Dwarfs line of defenses before reinforcements arrive? Will Obould learn that it is Drizzt that is attacking him behind his own lines of defense and not a pair of Elves? Will Obould's Drow "allies" continue to play a passive role in the war, or move to an aggressive role? I don't know and won't until I read more. That's how a RP should be. None of the players, and sometimes the host, should know the ending. I wish to try this idea out, so I'm planning a RP based off of a anime about deception...Death Note.

I will have all the players PM me their apps. Only I will see everyone's apps. I, however, will not have a role in the RP. I will only post in the IC to give updates on "Kira's" actions. From all the apps I receive, I will pick one "Kira" and one "L". Then, the RP starts. All players will interact with each other and attempt to find out who the enemy is and take them out (Kira kills L...L arrests Kira...bystanders can choose to follow who they think is "right".). "Kira" may message me anytime to say who he/she wants to kill and how. However...if "Kira" can not provide a correct appearance description and a name...it will fail. So "Kira" must be witty and observant. "L" on the other hand may arrest anybody he/she wants. However..."L" must give me a good reason to arrest said person, or the arrest will not work. If "Kira" is arrested, "Kira" may not use the Death Note. So this may prompt "Kira" to do what Light Yagami did and tear off scraps of the book to give to trusted people. And this will continue until "L" has successfully beaten "Kira"...or "Kira" has taken down all opposition.

Thoughts?
[/quote]

HELLS TO THE MOTHERF***ING YES! *orgasmic scream*

But the surprise thing and the loose fitting plots are the sacrifices you make in an RP if you don't micro manage it (which takes a ton of effort)

[quote name='Raine™' timestamp='1313451237' post='5446065']
We need a real hero name then, like... Knights of Cy- *shot*

No how about, Team Dissatisfact- *shot*

By our powers combined we are CAPTIAN R- *shot*

Wonder RPer's power activate, form of *shot*

IT HURTS SO MUCH!
[/quote]

Alright then...maybe...Young RPers(Young Justice) XP

[quote name='Holy Descent' timestamp='1313451692' post='5446091']
DK Derath Note RP would be awesome, but the only problem is everyone would know who everyone is just by looking at their posts.
[/quote]

Its the skill of what you post you do and what your intentions are that will decide your victory, maybe? Or maybe our characters have to find out not just YCMers looking at IC posts.

Dead Tower! I'm still perfecting the SMT RP but since this is a Zombie Killing RP. I have made a Game Over where if all dies, RP is locked!

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/259886-dead-tower-pg-13/page__pid__5446604#entry5446604"]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/259886-dead-tower-pg-13/page__pid__5446604#entry5446604[/url]

Please Join!

[quote name='Holy Descent' timestamp='1313451692' post='5446091']
DK Derath Note RP would be awesome, but the only problem is everyone would know who everyone is just by looking at their posts.
[/quote]

Not true. This is where I, the host, come in. If I see that your character is doing things based off of information that he/she could not possibly know, I will grab my Dwarven Warhammer. >:3

EXAMPLE

Player A and Player B are both detectives and secretly discussing things while only revealing their real names to each other. They think they know who Kira is. Player C (Kira) is on the other side of town on a date (RP wise) and messages me saying he uses the Death Note. Result? I b**** slap Player C.

Also, Kira will not be posting Kira moves in the IC...same with L. Any move players wish to make as Kira or L MUST be PMed to me and I will post it. This will help make things more...secretive.

@DMG, I love trails, what kind of trails are you looking for? I can help design some through PM or something.

I had another RP idea, I'm lazy so i won't type a full exposition but its about people who wake up in an abandoned carnival with a black sky, and they directed via loud speakers that each one of them is are part of a game, in order to survive they must go through several events of the twisted carnival. Meanwhile the land behind them slowly collapses and falls into an endless darkness. However as they complete events, that include combat between two or more people, creatures or trails of mercy and heart, they are revealed that the reason they are here are as candidates for being Heirs of Darkness, (sorry, each person has a mystical power that resolves around evil theme, controlling shadows, blood, bones, moonlight, etc. and only that. So even the most docile people will have to use gruesome abilities to survive.)

Archived