Why do kids listen to sh*t?

Cowboy Dan

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1314319598' post='5468999']
Avatar is popular, therefore it is a good movie.

Apple is the leading smartphone manufacturer, therefore it is a good company.

Vanilla is the most popular flavor of ice cream, therefore it is the best.

Awesome logic.
[/quote]
That's the definition of mainstream. [i]You[/i] do not have to think it's good, but you can't deny that it might be.

Here are some false statements:
[quote]It is mainstream, therefore it is good.[/quote]
[quote]It is good, therefore it is mainstream.[/quote]
[quote]It is NOT mainstream, therefore it is good.[/quote]
[quote]It is NOT good, therefore it is mainstream.[/quote]
[quote]It is mainstream, therefore it is NOT good.[/quote]
[quote]It is good, therefore it is NOT mainstream.[/quote]

Here are some true statements:
[quote]It is mainstream, therefore it is mainstream.[/quote]
[quote]It is good, therefore it is good.[/quote]
[quote]It is NOT mainstream, therefore it is not mainstream.[/quote]
[quote]It is NOT good, therefore it is not good.[/quote]

[quote name='Lunar Origin' timestamp='1314382620' post='5470515']
I just had to make a Philosoraptor for this thread.

[img]http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9591348.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Brilliant use of Philosoraptor.

But this argument is easily countered.

[img]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/8/26/5ad450f0-8055-4997-a570-3d258669dab6.jpg[/img]

[quote name='HORUS' timestamp='1314384631' post='5470545']

[img]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/8/26/5ad450f0-8055-4997-a570-3d258669dab6.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Exactly because autotune is the one responsible.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1314319598' post='5468999']
Avatar is popular, therefore it is a good movie.

Apple is the leading smartphone manufacturer, therefore it is a good company.

Vanilla is the most popular flavor of ice cream, therefore it is the best.

Awesome logic.
[/quote]

I watched Avatar once. Didn't leave much of an impression on me and I barely remember the movie now.

I do not own one thing by Apple. Wait...let me check. *checks* Unless some of the components to my laptop were created by Apple, my previous statement remains. I own nothing by Apple.

Vanilla is a flavor I will only get when there are no flavors that I enjoy.

*moves Knight to C3*

Your move.

[quote name='Lunar Origin' timestamp='1314382620' post='5470515']
I just had to make a Philosoraptor for this thread.

[img]http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9591348.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I giggled. :3

[quote name='I-dreezyAFG' timestamp='1314402870' post='5471286']

i don't think u listened to him:

[insert the videos you had here since there is apparently a media limit on posts]

[/quote]

*listens*

DK does not like. Where are you going with this?

[quote]I watched Avatar once. Didn't leave much of an impression on me and I barely remember the movie now.

I do not own one thing by Apple. Wait...let me check. *checks* Unless some of the components to my laptop were created by Apple, my previous statement remains. I own nothing by Apple.

Vanilla is a flavor I will only get when there are no flavors that I enjoy.

*moves Knight to C3*[/quote]

lol ...
oh nf6

[quote name='I-dreezyAFG' timestamp='1314418575' post='5471794']
u sir, do not know good music. immortal technique is real rap, he spits the truth.
[/quote]

And this is a fine example as to why I hate society. Do you see me trying to force Disturbed, Guns n' Roses, Metallica, Deadmau5, Eminem, Combichrist, Psychlon Nine, Trivium, or anyone else I listen to down your throat? No. Why? Because I respect other opinions. Hell, I'm a damn atheist. Yet I keep quiet while other people pray, I don't put others down because they believe in God, or anything like that. It's really not that hard to keep your mouth shut and let people choose what they want to choose. But apparently for most people (point in case, you) either find it really hard to do, or just enjoy hearing the crap that comes out of your mouth.

You like Immortal Technique. Hell, you probably idolize him for all I know. To be honest, I don't really care. Why? Because you can listen to Immortal Technique, I can listen to Metallica, and Lunar can listen to some other artist...and in the end, nobody will actually give a rat's ass about it.

Now keep quiet unless you have something worth reading to say. Your ignorance is beginning to irk me. <_<

[quote name='HORUS' timestamp='1314384631' post='5470545']

[/quote]
Because music has been slowly tilting away from having meaning since the '50s? Because kids are raised on the meaningless music that is mainstream, and thus grow a sense of security with it?

Seriously, I don't mind mainstream. Not the stuff I love, and I really wish that 90% wasn't so shallow, but people like it. I think they're idiots for liking, say, Nelly, but they might call me an idiot for liking Manafest, who most of you have probably never heard of.

I just, personally, prefer deep music, and wish other people did the same, but, eh, can't control the masses.

I am not saying all mainstream is shallow, either.

EDIT:
[img]http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9600347.jpg[/img]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#800000]Ever think its just a generation thing? Since I think when most find their type of music they aren't that willing to conform to others subconsciously. I guess its like a comfort thing. Many of our grandparents hated our parents music. Many of our parents hated the music we listened to a decade or two ago. Some of us hate the music we hear today. Forty years from now the next generation is going to be saying the same thing.[/color][/font]

Archived