Why do kids listen to sh*t?

Cowboy Dan

[quote name='HORUS' timestamp='1314621214' post='5476951']
I understand your point. I may not agree, but I respect and understand your opinion.

And yes METALMAXIMAL is an ignorant, childish person.
[/quote]
Go ahead insult me do whatever you want but in the end you will realize what i mean just you wait......

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1314697877' post='5479176']

Go ahead insult me do whatever you want but in the end you will realize what i mean just you wait......
[/quote]
In the past, you said all gamers must, by definition, be otakus that only play 1st person shooters and listen to metal. That's the definition of an 8 to 18 year old trying to look basses, and I've yet to see any true gamer that Fits that description

Oh, and, IMO, metal sucks, but had I said anything before this?

[quote name='Imperialdramon Paladin' timestamp='1314698906' post='5479188']
People have different tastes in music. It's the circle of life. ^_^
[/quote]
Go figure, amirite?

Even though I hate metal, I really do, some of the lyrics I do appreciate because they make sense and some of the try to "Unhide" what the government is doing behind the people's backs.
I'm more into lyricism than any other genre. Stuff like Wu-Tang, Jedi Mind Tricks, Army of The Pharaoh and Immortal Technique really have a message to give out unlike the new stuff.
But the problem lies with what people want. Some teens look for the beat and not the words. s*** yeah just like Chris Rock said "You see women dancing in clubs to the most disgusting s***".

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1314697877' post='5479176']
[/quote]

Posting ambiguous threats written in the prose of a six-year-old won't make anyone think you are big or clever, internet tough guy.

[quote name='Lunar Origin' timestamp='1314725584' post='5479607']
I'm sorry, but my mind was blown over how awesomely over-the-top I imagined that insult as if had been said in real life.

Just imagine... Robert Goulet.
[/quote]
http://youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=i0Ap3Yzwsis

This music is Over The Top, and it is what a number of kids on this site listen to. Some could say mainstream for YCM

YCM mainstream is metal, if you go by the number of listeners. If you're going to talk your idiotic "MAINSTREAM IS GAYYYYY \m/ METAL 4EVA" bollocks then kindly do it on a site where metal is not mainstream, like the Kidz Bop forums. I'm sure you'll have a rollicking time there. Because metal is mainstream on YCM, people who listen to things that aren't mainstream on YCM (Jazz, Classical, Stride, Rag, Blues, 50s-80s Rock, Pop, Classic Pop, Swing, Electro, Folk) have every to call metal "mainstream". That's right, METALMAXIMAL. Your worst nightmares have just been realized - you are...[b]MAINSTREAM [/b](ALL CAPS/BOLD FOR LOUD, [b]BOOMING[/b] EMPHASIS).

[quote name='Slash' timestamp='1315623373' post='5503690']
Is it a bad thing that I listen to most of the rappers mentioned in the first post, besides Nicki Minaj?
[/quote]

Don't worry I love rap too. I like all kinds of music, except I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE metal and 'screamo'. I guess I won't be well liked here lol

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah yeah I like metal. But I can still tolerate almost all of the artists in the first post.

Not eminem. He b****es too much and everyone thinks he's God and has gone through so much.

blah blah blah i dun give a fux

Even with that said....I still like Stan. I don't know why.

[quote name='Smesh' timestamp='1317850924' post='5562866']
Not eminem. He b****es too much and everyone thinks he's God and has gone through so much.

blah blah blah i dun give a fux

Even with that said....I still like Stan. I don't know why.
[/quote]

He doesn't b****, he just says how he rose up and overcome. I mean, seriously, he's been through a s*** ton. He grew up in Detroit slums, which is f***ing crazy, because he's lucky he wasn't shot during those years. Not only that, he never passed 9th grade, yet had a vocabulary that is still unbeaten in rap, since he has some of the most talented freestyles in rap, and had them even in his teens. He overcame a coke and pills addiction. I mean, the dude has had a pretty shitty life until his early-mid twenties.

I mean, if I went through that s***, I'd f***ing rap about it too. lolol

[quote name=''raiN' timestamp='1317950721' post='5565134']

He doesn't b****, he just says how he rose up and overcome. I mean, seriously, he's been through a s*** ton. He grew up in Detroit slums, which is f***ing crazy, because he's lucky he wasn't shot during those years. Not only that, he never passed 9th grade, yet had a vocabulary that is still unbeaten in rap, since he has some of the most talented freestyles in rap, and had them even in his teens. He overcame a coke and pills addiction. I mean, the dude has had a pretty shitty life until his early-mid twenties.

I mean, if I went through that s***, I'd f***ing rap about it too. lolol
[/quote]

Dude, is that Tyler the Creator?? OFWGKTA lol

Okay i agree with the part how some people don't have any musical talent and just use technology, but if there is some one who likes it than it's music....
Personally i don't like songs made purely by computers, but i don't hate them either.. music is music...

My Belief is that music isn't defined from what other people say about it, it's what the listener thinks of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 13 years old and I don't even like any of the things you've said.
I listen to:
Deadmau5
Underworld
Vangelis
Orbital
Toto
Nine Inch Nails
SONOIO/Blindoldfreak
Alex S.
and on and on and on

Do you seriously need to post up an overused stereotype?
Not meaning to be rude about it
But just get over it.

Archived