Why do kids listen to sh*t?

Cowboy Dan

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='The blazing MARS' timestamp='1313976147' post='5461100']
I listen to VGM and Anime Music mostly. What does that make me?
[/quote]

It makes you awesome :D

I listen to some VGM but not much. That's all my friend listens to, but he get music from all these random games ive never even heard of =/

[quote name='Suibon' timestamp='1313977852' post='5461188']
[center][center] [/center][/center]
[center][center]Can somebody explain to me what's wrong with not using instruments to create songs?

[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with it, people are just ignorant.[/center][/center]

the old eminem is sick. i didn't like recovery, but bad meets evil is hell (or awesome)

but i don't listen to the other crap u listed as bad. because they're crap. i listen to rap along the likes of immortal technique, lowkey, lupe fiasco, mos def, 2pac, diabolic, classified, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWh077_Ed3w

Eminem dropped out of ninth grade, but is one of the most talented lyricists and rappers in the industry. Also, he grew up in one of the WORST places in America; Detroit. Detroit is literally one of the most violent cities to grow up in. Seriously, not many people made it high school there, especially not in his area. Eminem was doing something else, surviving. Yet, he's still a fantastic lyrical monster.

Lil' Wayne has just succumbed to mainstream success, which has led him off his game. Ever listened to Tha Carter II? It's one of the best rap albums, in my opinion, ever created. Oh, and he's got a master degree, and can play guitar, though not too well.

Wiz Khalifa, from the start was never supposed to be on par with everyone as far as lyrical genius or what his topics include. He's all about weed and doing shows and chillin' with friends. That's what he's about, and that's what he raps about because he loves his life the way it is.

The thing you don't seem to understand is that these people don't consider themselves musicians so much as poets. That's what rap is, is a crazy form of poetry. They're entertainers, and they're lyricists with a twist.

And rock bands aren't necessarily lost among America's youth. That's a generalization that is often used without much basis. Most of my friends listen to both rock and rap, because both have their strong points. I listen to Rock when I'm in the mood to relax and sit back and just take a nap. I listen to rap when I'm driving or when I'm trying to gain some inspiration for something. I'll listen to techno and dubstep when I'm in a partying mood, or I'm trying to get all energized. It's entirely dependent on my mood. Same with my friends.

Plus, what about Kanye West? He's one of the most talented rappers in the game. He produces so many tracks, makes the beats and puts them together in a neatly composed track for people to flow over. That takes skill. I don't think that many rock artists that you mentioned could compose a track like that. Most of the time, it sounds good, and it works with the lyrics being presented.

There is a great deal that goes into this industry. You may not like it because you do not fully understand it, or because you think that it doesn't have the talent of other genres, but you would be sadly mistaken.

Wow the number of constructive posts in this thread makes me dizzy.:/

Meh, what people define as "s***" differs and I don't see how playing an instrument makes you a better singer (and this comes from someone who can play some instruments).
Programming stuff with a computer, mixing until you get a good sound and dealing with all the different tools CAN be hard and requires talent when done right.
I'm pretty sure that the people you mentioned listen to "singers" rather than musicians which is fine too.
An opera singer for example doesn't need to be able to play an instrument.

Also, the holy nostalgia bands of awesomeness ARE still being listened to, if you ask a person around their 20s about what they consider good music, you bet that most of them will mention either The Beatles, Pink Floyd or Queen somewhere. Maybe some kids don't feel so attached to them at that age and prefer to listen to something they can rely to more, but there are many young people who like the bands you mentioned.
:/

You dont need to be able to play an instrument to make music O.o

I dont get your point. Why does music need to be made with instruments..why arent we allowed to evolve..

There are so many great electronic musicains.. And Electronic Music can be way more work than "normal" music..believe me, im doing both..

widen your horizon!!!!! There isnt only 1 good style..

But i got to admit. 90% of pop music sucks..Lady Gaga is pure bullshit.
But Eminem is a talented rapper - and what does school have to do with music ? :D

Oh look, it's one of these threads.

Although I agree that modern music is somewhat less of an art form now, musical taste is all subjective. My only gripe is when people who listen to mainstream show complete ignorance or hate towards music they consider to be "not real music."

For instance, the majority of "screamers" [i]can[/i] in fact sing. They simply choose a vocal style that suits their sound.

By the way, I hate J-Pop. *Shot*

Here let me say it a little more clearly the music of today is boring and with no talent at all is sad really because there are people who want to become professional artist and now days with just a machine called auto tune and of course i really hate it, with this machine even the crappiest of voices can get the real stuff for me this is cheating against whats right so that's why mainstream of today SUCKS :).

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1314117690' post='5463667']
Here let me say it a little more clearly the music of today is boring and with no talent at all is sad really because there are people who want to become professional artist and now days with just a machine called auto tune and of course i really hate it, with this machine even the crappiest of voices can get the real stuff for me this is cheating against whats right so that's why [b]mainstream of today SUCKS[/b] :).
[/quote]
So many people disagree.

And some artists still have talent i.e. Gaga, Beyonce, Kanye, Adele, etc

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1314122883' post='5463800']
Dude they all suck specially kanye like obama said kanye is a jackass.
[/quote]
Obama says a lot of things mister.

They are mainstream which means most would say they do NOT suck.

[quote name='Mac Dictionary']mainstream |ˈmānˌstrēm|
noun ([b] the mainstream[/b])
the ideas, attitudes, or activities that are regarded as normal or conventional; [color=#ff0000][b]the dominant trend in opinion, fashion, or the arts[/b][/color] [i]: companies that are bringing computers to the mainstream of American life.[/i]
• (also [b]mainstream jazz[/b]) jazz that is neither traditional nor modern, based on the 1930s swing style and consisting esp. of solo improvisation on chord sequences.[/quote]

[quote name=''raiN' timestamp='1314153922' post='5464987']

Kanye being a jackass doesn't mean that he isn't talented. He's a f***ing monster producer.
[/quote]
Dude what he did to taylor swift was unforgivable. here's the f***ing video
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z8gCZ7zpsQ[/media]

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1314191313' post='5465536']
[/quote]

What does that have to do with the music he puts out? Everybody is an a****** or a jackass at some point. We're talking about the music, not the entertainer's bitchness.

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1314191313' post='5465536']
[/quote]
WHO CARES

Seriously, this is a discussion about music. Stop bringing peoples personality into this. Fine if you don't like him but you are being ignorant if you deny his talent.

Archived