• Replies 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Well that's...

I mean that is...

Well...

I can't even respond to that.

That's just too stupid.

I tried to yell obscenities about how stupid that is, but I can't even do that. It's like that's SO stupid, that I can't laugh nor yell at that. I'm just speechless. I can't even think of anything clever to say. It's just stupid. 

BRACE YOURSELVES~
This is literally going to kill you, upon reading it

I have no words to say. I really don't, and I think it's safe for me to say that I'm never gonna come near to watching Equestria Girls now. Though okay I might just take a small peek at what it's gonna be like, though I'm not expecting it to be any good, it's not like I ever thought that it was going to be good in the first place.

.....Ultra Pro now has pony Sleeves? Sexy.

Also~
Been quite a while since I've seen a Terminator reference
Friendship is Smashing

And not to add more to the fire, but there are rumors going around that in said Equestria Girls, everyone has a different voice actor. Hell, said rumors even suggest its not even made by the same people.
Yes, we all know its a spinoff, but they are hardly keeping any consistencies.

Well, at the very least we can say one thing.

See, Bronies are mostly split into a few different groups.

Some people quit watching after Season 1, when they learned that Lauren Faust was no longer working on the show (Despite the fact that she wrote a total of three episodes, the first three). Some people, myself included, said that Season 2 was by far the best, but the others were good too. Some people say that only Season 1 and 2 were good, and Season 3 was horrible. You get the idea. Point is, Bronies have widly varying opinions on what episodes and seasons were good or bad. But I'm pretty sure that everyone, or at least 98% of us, can say, without a doubt, that that is complete and total-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKayLq1d5Bs

Except no.

Hey, Tommy. It's been a while.

Anyway, I like ALMOST every episode.

I don't like Boast Busters, personally. Trixie is a great character, don't get me wrong, but the episode was just weird. The pacing felt off, and everyone seemed... out of character. Like, I mean, why were all of the citizens of Ponyville being so... mean? Trixie is a performer, and it's her job to boast and brag about her powers, whether she's lying or not. Yet our mane characters were all getting angry about it and trying to show her up, which is an extremely rude thing to do to a performer. I mean, it's like going to a magic show, and then pointing out everything wrong with the Stage Magician.

Even worse, when they find out she's a fraud, they're extremely quick to run her out of town. Again, that's like going to a magic show, and when you prove that the Magician's a fraud, you run him out of town, despite the fact that all he was doing was putting on a show. On top of that, I don't recall, though it might have happened, Snips and Snails getting into any real trouble. THEY are the ones who threatened Ponyville by bringing an Ursa Minor into town for basically no reason, but Trixie is the one who gets ran out of town when she can't defeat it.

So, all in all, I think it was just a bad episode, and the only bad episode in the show.

If you ask me, I like half of the episodes, but then I dislike the other half of the episodes, as for my list of episodes that I didn't like....

[spoiler=Click if you want]

Applebuck Season (This was just.....really stupid, AJ it's called taking a break so that you don't overwork yourself)

Over A Barrel (A lot of other people dislike this episode, so I wont go into detail about it)

The Mysterious Mare-Do Well (Oh great let's go ruin our friend's popularity that she got for being a HERO, good lesson)

Secret of my Excess (Dialogue: RAAARRGGHHH SPIKE WANT, SPIKE WANT RAAAAWWWRRRR)

Hearth's Warming Eve (A boring play about a boring topic in a boring episode)

The Last Roundup (I just don't even wanna get into the details on this one)

The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 (I got bored during this episode)

May The Best Pet Win (So Dashie puts a bunch of little animals into a competition to see who is the best....just no)

A Friend In Deed (I can't blame that Donkey for getting so angry at Pinkie)

MMMystery on the Friendship Express (I don't even get what is with this episode, it was just so pointless)

Apple Family Reunion (This episode.....it's just not really good at all, I can't find too much that was decent about it)

Heart And Hooves Day (I love the CMC a lot, though this episode wasn't one of the better ones involving them)

Too Many Pinkies (Just exactly what the title of this episode says, seriously one of them is already too much to deal with in the first place)

Spike At Your Service (Just exactly what most others would say)

The Ticket Master (They're all just fighting over a ticket, what would you expect from it?)

Sweet And Elite (Rarity you're awesome, though this episode wasn't one of the better ones with you in it)

I was gonna put The Return Of Harmony on there, but despite how much of a bad villain I think Discord is, it was still entertaining enough for me to enjoy it. Also I haven't watched Keep Calm Flutter On, Just For Sidekicks, or Games Ponies Play yet. And yeah I'm with Issun on Boast Busters, Trixie is awesome, though honestly that episode was bad.

[/spoiler]

And since I just went and bashed about 40% of the episodes I might as well leave my top 5 list of episodes

[spoiler=Top 5 list]

1. Sleepless In Ponyville

2. One Bad Apple

3. Magic Duel

4. It's About Time

5. Sisterhooves Social

[/spoiler]

I could say that basically every Pinkie Pie episode is bad, because I don't really like most of them, but they're not bad episodes. They're good episodes that I don't like.

Also, I agree with some of the things you said, but I don't think any of those are horrible episodes, just ones that aren't very good. Upon review though, yes, Boast Busters isn't the only bad episodes, there are a few more that I think are, indeed, bad, like Mysterious Mare-do-well and Apple Family Reunion.

Not much to say about Mysterious Mare-do-well that you didn't say, but let's look at Apple Family Reunion. 

It's boring. It's pointless. It has the most forgetable song in the ENTIRE SHOW, and one of the only four songs that I haven't listened to after the episode (The others being the Cutie Mark Crusaders anthem, Giggle at the Ghosties, and The Smile Song)

Choosing favorite episodes would be very difficult for me. Honestly, I don't really like the CMCs as a whole - I like Sweetie Belle, but only by herself - so I can count those out. As much as I like Zecora, she's not a big enough character to have great episodes. I enjoyed Magic Duel a lot for a few reasons. All the callbacks, the return of Trixie, said episode with Trixie actually being done RIGHT, Zecora appearing, Pinkie losing her mouth, things like that.

Nightmare Night was a really fun one for me, because I really like Luna. Zecora appearing didn't hurt, of course. I couldn't stand Pinkie in that episode, though. She needlessly made Luna's experience more complicated. It's similar to A Friend In Need. She needlessly pestered a poor old Donkey who just wanted to be left alone. Not to mention she got super depressed because ONE DONKEY DIDN'T WANT TO BE HER FRIEND.... When did this become a rant about why I hate Pinkie Pie? Whatever. 

Anyway, I can't really pick favorite episodes off the top of my head. I'm sure if I looked through a list of Episodes, I could figure something out, but eh.

I could say that basically every Pinkie Pie episode is bad, because I don't really like most of them, but they're not bad episodes. They're good episodes that I don't like.

Also, I agree with some of the things you said, but I don't think any of those are horrible episodes, just ones that aren't very good. Upon review though, yes, Boast Busters isn't the only bad episodes, there are a few more that I think are, indeed, bad, like Mysterious Mare-do-well and Apple Family Reunion.

Not much to say about Mysterious Mare-do-well that you didn't say, but let's look at Apple Family Reunion. 

It's boring. It's pointless. It has the most forgetable song in the ENTIRE SHOW, and one of the only four songs that I haven't listened to after the episode (The others being the Cutie Mark Crusaders anthem, Giggle at the Ghosties, and The Smile Song)

I never really did mean to say that any of them were bad, they just weren't to my preference, And I actually liked the CMC anthem, though I think that might only be me since I'm such a fan of the CMC.

Choosing favorite episodes would be very difficult for me. Honestly, I don't really like the CMCs as a whole - I like Sweetie Belle, but only by herself - so I can count those out. As much as I like Zecora, she's not a big enough character to have great episodes. I enjoyed Magic Duel a lot for a few reasons. All the callbacks, the return of Trixie, said episode with Trixie actually being done RIGHT, Zecora appearing, Pinkie losing her mouth, things like that.

I have to agree with what you said on Magic Duel, that was Trixie done like the way she should of been, and I found that one scene where Zecora was teaching Twilight (The part where Twilight used her magic to keep herself afloat on the water with water spheres floating around her) to be really epic.

Anyway, I can't really pick favorite episodes off the top of my head. I'm sure if I looked through a list of Episodes, I could figure something out, but eh.

That's how I got my top 5 list done, but even I'm not 100% satisfied with mine, I feel as if I could of chosen a better #5, not that Sisterhooves Social was a bad episode, I just feel as if there might be an episode to replace that one.

Come to think of it, why is Zecora so knowledgeable about Magic? She's an Alchemist, not a Unicorn.

I mean, maybe she's just got some crazy Zebra Mojo, or she just has knowledge about in general, but the closest thing she has to magic is magical replacements, like the powder she used in Luna Eclipsed that made all those images. 

I remember reading somewhere that she was originally supposed to be like a second tutor for Twilight, aside from Celestia, but they decided against it or something. I guess Magic Duel was using part of that old plan.

Speaking of Zecora, why hasn't she had a song yet? She speaks only in rhyme, and she hasn't even had a song yet!

Speaking of Zecora, why hasn't she had a song yet? She speaks only in rhyme, and she hasn't even had a song yet!

What would Zecora even sing about in the first place?

Archived