The Newest BS Law The American Government Wants To Pass.

OmegaWave

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Lord_Cow_Cow' timestamp='1321507318' post='5648102']
And all of them better than America.
[/quote]

Word. The only thing that keeps me in America is liberal rights and freedom. But since conservatives will soon take over, it's nothing more than a ball-and-chain to the ankle of freedom.

[quote name='Brothar' timestamp='1321507645' post='5648109']
Word. The only thing that keeps me in America is liberal rights and freedom. But since [b]conservatives will soon take over[/b], it's nothing more than a ball-and-chain to the ankle of freedom.
[/quote]

*starts laughing uncontrollably*

Right, conservatives are going to take over.

Sure.....

I'm starting to think you people are blowing this [i]sliiiiightly [/i]out of proportion.

All of the countries you listed have nearly, just as or a more of a screwed up economic situation/political situation as America does. You just don't know about it because you don't live there.

Stupid bills come every now and again. Occasionally they pass. Usually they're never enforced, or if they are, it's a short matter until the courts strike them down.

[quote name='Hydra of Thunder' timestamp='1321508730' post='5648127']
I'm starting to think you people are blowing this [i]sliiiiightly [/i]out of proportion.

All of the countries you listed have nearly, just as or a more of a screwed up economic situation/political situation as America does. You just don't know about it because you don't live there.

Stupid bills come every now and again. Occasionally they pass. Usually they're never enforced, or if they are, it's a short matter until the courts strike them down.
[/quote]

I'm scared of the government. D:

They could lock me up under this new bill if they really wanted to.

Hell, they could grab anyone here.

[quote name='Hydra of Thunder' timestamp='1321508730' post='5648127']

[/quote]

it's not always that easy to strike them down, remember how long it took for the civil rights movement to work in the 60s?

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1321508792' post='5648128']
I'm scared of the government. D:

They could lock me up under this new bill if they really wanted to.

Hell, they could grab anyone here.
[/quote]

They might have a twinge of trouble grabbing anyone across the border, but yeah.

I'm mostly sated by the knowledge that there are people drooling for [i]any [/i]story to make the American administration look like a bunch of evil dictators, so they're usually on their toes about trying not to take any unnecessary risks that could inflame people. Sure, they COULD take us, but would it be cost effective?

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321508799' post='5648129']
it's not always that easy to strike them down, remember how long it took for the civil rights movement to work in the 60s?
[/quote]

This is equatable to the civil rights movement how now?

Except in most cases, the guys up top are only there as long as they can manipulate the public. Even if they aren't, they serve under the president, who obviously gets blamed for most of the stuff they'd do- or heck, even the party, who would get blamed for everything they do.

Basically, anyone who makes an unpopular enough move will get sacked if they don't let it get dropped. I can't see anyone getting so worked up about this bill that they'd put their career on a limb over it when it goes sour.

Archived