The Duel Portal Program - available now

.Leo

I'd like to request one small change (again) for Crow Leaf - Nightingale. Instead of having it destroy one Spell or Trap card you control, have it corrected to say "destroy one card". I realized after reading through the effect that it would still be beneficial to have a Direct Attacker without a downgrading effect.

Also, I now have like three different accounts on Hamachi due to reinstalling/updating/wiping of computer. T_T

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great, you two are added.

I'd like to see if anyone is interested in a tournament. This would use the tournament ban-list (yet to be made).

So anyone who's interested please post, also say whether you prefer an Elimination or Swiss tournament more. If we get enough interested we may need to do one :)

I'm also interested in the fact as to why I am not on the Ban Council or whatever you are calling it, either.

You didn't ask :)

(ok you are now)

Depends on what the people want. Elimination is faster, but Swiss Tournament is more fair.

True. I have had good and bad experiences with both..

True. I have had good and bad experiences with both..

I personally prefer Single/Double Elimination because that is the format that YGO Online uses pre-dominantly. People on there hardly ever have Swiss Format Tournaments on there due to difficulty, but Swiss has the chance to let everyone have a chance to duel each other. And if you lose, it's not all over.

Ok, I've figured out a way to put more cards on without paying or overloading on bandwidth. Cross your fingers :P

2 other things:

* The card pool for you guys will be smaller than normal, temporarily. I just need to test a few things.

* I'm not going to release the new version until a little later. I'm hoping to have a surprise ready for that update ;)

@ Eldetto - you have to give me more detail than that. What kind of error? When does it happen?

Haha i got it figured out, finally thank you sir. How do you duel on there???

Can you add me? Twaon

yes.

Haha i got it figured out, finally thank you sir. How do you duel on there???

Join this Hamachi network first:

Name: DuelPortal3

Password: DuelPortal3

find someone to duel there, and decide who will be the host and who will be the client.

------------------------

So I'll ask again, so far we've got 3 -5 people interested in a tournament. Who else would be interested? Swiss or Elimination?

I need some help, I tried unzipping Duel Portal and then opening the application but it gives me this.

To run this application you must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framkework:

v4.0.30319

Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framkework.

Is it too late for that tourney?

Not at all, i'm not asking for sign-ups yet, just getting a poll of how many are interested.

@Sea: I'm not sure about a tourney, in my position, i'd proly be sluaghtered, and etc....but elimination sounds good as I do not know what a swiss tournament is, only the cheese, and it has holes in it.....-)

The concept is different than TCG tournaments in that you basically have no idea what to expect, but that's ok if you don't want to.

A swiss tournament has several rounds, where you are put against someone else of a similar score. At the end of some rounds a winner is anounced based on the amount of points they have.

Wow, I'm having trouble concentrating today.

Please update "Resplendence" and "Red-Spotted Leopard" to belong in the "DanteSpard" set. I didn't realize I was making cards without putting them in a specific set (unless ALL counts as a Set).

EDIT: Also, "Wind Breaker" should read "(rest of effect)...when a face-up WIND monster you control battles:...(rest of effect)".

I'm home, and I have access to my monitor. So, if anyone is up for it, I revamped my Deck and am ready to Duel.

Also, to those that haven't signed up yet, Twaon made a nifty little forum website where we can sign up and talk about anything particularly related to the Duel Portal program. I would suggest marking the website on the OP so that we can conveniently find it (if Leo ever gets to this).

Question @ Seattleite, would you like me to create a section on the forums were users can post if they want to be on the card maker list? Would make it much easier to point out than to try to scan through this thread reading every comment that may not have to do with wanting to be added on the list, could cause the person to be overlooked even at times.

Archived