The Duel Portal Program - available now

.Leo

No prob Skylie. That's actually what the program does now - people can make their own banlists and it allows people to choose which banlist to follow. I just thought since there was talk about a tournament people wanted to do, we'd need 1 banlist for that tournament...

and I think your idea is what we were going to do, to have people vote on the cards to be @0, @1 and @2 for the tournament ban list. Only problem is setting up a system to tally votes and such.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sea: Yea, i understand, I'm not sure how it would be scripted, but you all are very smart and very talented, and I noticed that you can just pick and choose the cards on the thing, and I like that, so I'm very happy with this, Thank you Very much......

Just wondering how you make your own banlist name?

I added Stone Winged Dragon and the Stone-Wing archetype. I think I may have made Hawk a bit too powerful, but I think they'll probably need to be tested. I specifically made them so that they would be aggro but lose ATK over time and couldn't be abused with Skill Drain.

Also, has stop Trigger proven itself to be useful? I thought it would be a staple, but different cards, different meta.

The stone wings look interesting to play but you're probably right that they need testing.

I personally haven't seen Stop Trigger in decks, unfortunately it's easy for cards to be overlooked. But it looks very useful even here. :)

Note that Stone Winged Dragon isn't really a Stone-Wing card (note the absence of a "-" in Stone Winged), but the Stone-Wing monsters are EARTH and Winged Beasts, which powers up Stone Winged Dragon in both stats.

Stop Trigger would probably be limited in the TCG, looking at what happened to Book of Moon. The ability to stop TGU, Sangan, Tengu, or anything important in the current meta would be just amazing.

Also, I'm not sure what I can do about Explosive Cylinder. Most people say it's overpowered, another group say it's bad card design since its only purpose is to inflict damage, but the idea was to make a version of Magic Cylinder that didn't suck. Maybe it should be a Magic Cylinder that also destroys the monster but requires the attack to be direct?

Out of curiousity, is there any way to switch cards in either player's hands? B/c one of my cards has an effect similiar to it....

Exchange.

Posted the shell of my Easter EGG archetype. There are many more cards in the archetype, as well as another "EGG" archetype, but I'll introduce them if the toolbox shell doesn't prove too broken.

I think what a lot of people are saying is that it's bad card design for any card to potentially allow a player to win with little action (since you keep an empty field) and it can inflict double the damage of Magic Cylinder. Your last option seems ideal to me, but many would still consider it "bad card design" cause of the empty field thing. It's a tricky thing to keep in mind, cause well, card design is mostly subjective, and burn decks are fun anyway :D

@ Skylie - For monsters, you could change control of it and make the opponent return it to their hand. Nothing for S/T cards though, sorry...

EDIT: i'm probably going to get flamed for saying that ... :P

I think what a lot of people are saying is that it's bad card design for any card to potentially allow a player to win with little action (since you keep an empty field) and it can inflict double the damage of Magic Cylinder. Your last option seems ideal to me, but many would still consider it "bad card design" cause of the empty field thing. It's a tricky thing to keep in mind, cause well, card design is mostly subjective, and burn decks are fun anyway :D

@ Skylie - For monsters, you could change control of it and make the opponent return it to their hand. Nothing for S/T cards though, sorry...

EDIT: i'm probably going to get flamed for saying that ... :P

In that case, I'm not sure what could be done to make Explosive Cylinder not "bad card design" besides making it ridiculously conditional and almost useless. Maybe I should change it to the combination of Sakruetsu Armor and Magic Cylinder, but require you to have nothing else on the field so that your opponent knows you can't do anything else to stop their plays? You leave yourself completely vulnerable to an MST which, since this meta is supposed to be as powerful as the current one, is an incredibly stupid move.

In that case, I'm not sure what could be done to make Explosive Cylinder not "bad card design" besides making it ridiculously conditional and almost useless. Maybe I should change it to the combination of Sakruetsu Armor and Magic Cylinder, but require you to have nothing else on the field so that your opponent knows you can't do anything else to stop their plays? You leave yourself completely vulnerable to an MST which, since this meta is supposed to be as powerful as the current one, is an incredibly stupid move.

Yeah, usually the "rules" of bad card design are based on player-player interaction, but the balance and usefulness of the card is more important.

@ Nyx - Yes that's probably better. If you right-click where it says "DuelPortal4", you can click on that menu "Delete Network".

Thank you.

EDIT(to keep from doubletriple posting): I made an error in one of my cards. "Mother Harlot: The Empress" is not meant to be a Ritual Card. I'm making a copy that isn't a Ritual. Please delete the Ritual Monster version. Thanks again. Also, apparently if you make a card with the same name, it automatically copies the information from the old card.

Currently uploading the rest of the Easter support. Get rid of Easter EGG Collector.

EDIT: And there might be a second copy of Easter Mine. If so, get rid of that too. In fact, just follow this rule for future reference:

• If you or anyone else notices that two cards are made by me and they look EXACTLY the same, get rid of one.

@Sea, well, that would work, but it'd need to ork with spell/trps to.....Read Titan Rineshaw and you'll know what I'm talking about.....

----

Edit: I'm going to host a Role Playing Game and I would like to know if I coul use the Duel Portal for the dueling parts of it? Just curious.....It'd get more people to play it to....

Archived