The Duel Portal Program - available now

.Leo

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Version 5 is out, which should fix any bugs with Tag Duels. In Tag Duels, cards on the opponent's field may disappear momentarily but will re-appear after a second or two.

Also note that in tag duels, the "passive" (inactive) player should not try to change the field, graveyard, etc.

(1 v 1 duels still work fine in either version)

So... no one's actually going through the cards and checking balance yet?

We allow people to make their own banlists they can follow. It's coordinated with whoever you're dueling, they decide which banlist to use.

The tournament banlist is the default one. We've started on suggesting places for cards but we're still working out how to get everyone's equal input on making the banlist.

There is no equal input on banlists. Its regulated by how problematic a card is in relation to the rest of the cards. You don't just say "Well I know that card lets you draw 3 cards and cant be negated with no cost, but we're gonna wait to ban that until everyone has a say". You discuss it with your staff, and if the card hits banned instead of limited, then you are free to tell the user they may fix it.

Not to mention, coordinating it between users sounds a bit... hectic.

There is no equal input on banlists. Its regulated by how problematic a card is in relation to the rest of the cards. You don't just say "Well I know that card lets you draw 3 cards and cant be negated with no cost, but we're gonna wait to ban that until everyone has a say". You discuss it with your staff, and if the card hits banned instead of limited, then you are free to tell the user they may fix it.

Not to mention, coordinating it between users sounds a bit... hectic.

I love how this was my suggestion pretty much exactly, yet it was denied simply because 'the community should have the say'.

@ Icy and Rai - That is one way, and I didn't go with it at first because I didn't think anyone would want to carry that burden. But if the "judges" are willing to accept that responsibility we can do it.

@ Rai - If I remember correctly your suggestion was to errata or remove cards instead of a banlist.

@ LeoMaster - thanks!

Alright, we are going to have a tournament ban-list group now. Me and seattleite will be apart of it. If any of you want to partake in the tournament ban-list creation, please add me on MSN (will be added to profile) and chat me up.

I shouldha got the sign fixed, you can upload cards.

Sweet :D Right now i've got a method for controlling the bandwidth, but if something happens i'll know who to ask. The only question is, is the bandwidth limit that high too?

everyone written down and issues taken care of

I think it's more for file storage than Website hosting, but I'm not sure. Sorry.

Alright, we are going to have a tournament ban-list group now. Me and seattleite will be apart of it. If any of you want to partake in the tournament ban-list creation, please add me on MSN (will be added to profile) and chat me up.

I'm definitely interested, but does it have to be over MSN?

It's a shame I removed MSN years ago... Anyway, I have some changes for my cards if it won't inconvenience you too much.

- Eternal Phoenix Conflagration: Change the summoning cost to: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard by discarding 1 card and returning 1 FIRE monster you control to your Deck.

- Eternal Phoenix Purification: Same as above.

- Eternal Phoenix Ascension: Change the effect from "Special Summon 1 FIRE monster from your Graveyard" to "Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower FIRE monster from your Graveyard"

- Bird of Burning Embers: Change effect from "Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower FIRE monster from your Deck" to "Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower FIRE monster from your Deck except "Bird of Burning Embers"."

- Fire Elemental: Change summoning condition from: "Banish 1 FIRE monster" to "Banish 2 Fire monsters"

- Reparation: Remove it, this card's just too broken with all the discarding and milling going on.

Thank you for your time.

@Owner/Creator of Program: Shouldn't we have a vote by public to say who says who are the admins in the banlist tourney and stuff....Aint it just kind of overruling if Icy and Rai just auto-it, Just curious.....And msn or messenger is a form of an email/chat place, why not use hamachi for it, like you suggested for using to duel anyhow, you can chat with it, and make your own channels.....Not everyone has msn and are very unwilling to get it just b/c 2 people want to use that over others b/c they have their person reasons......Not saying my idea is anybetter, but it would save lots of people making another email address, password, and etc....I personal Have over 500 passwords in my head, and I change all my passwords at least once a month to keep it safe......So, now lets say I got an MSN thing, joined with Rai. and Icy somehow, I'd need to get myself another 100 passwords memorized in my head for it......

Don't you think that might be overkill?

So, suggestion is, "How bout we vote on who becomes the banlist/toruney admins and etc"?

It would make much more sense, as if Icy would join, "No offense, You would regulate it how you see fit and not in everyones mind" (In which would probably be RC Section Indefinite which isn't to bad, but lots of people I know have other opinions) and if Rai was part of it, "He/She would follow Icy's step everyway as you would be afraid of being banned form YCM just b/c you and josh got in an argument or something" (Not saying Icy would, but its just safety precuation")...

Not saying that is exact, just my clairavoyance and instinct should let the people decide who the admins/mods should be.....Or at least 3 people who made the program/helped made......It might take awhile, but it would be better throughout the program so more people will likely stay....

It would make sense for the Owner/Creator of the Program be the Head of Administer and Stuff....

----------------------------

I'm AJtheDoe in the system...

Is there a "Help" button or something in the program? Because I feel that, if there is one, I am going to refer back to that many times.

And... The search function is confusing me. Any advice?

The Tutorial should have played when you first downloaded the program. If you want, you can re-download it and watch the tutorial again.

Think of the search as a filter. If you check "monsters", and uncheck everything else, only monsters will show up. If you then select "Water" from the Attribute list, then only WATER monsters will show up.

@Owner/Creator of Program: Shouldn't we have a vote by public to say who says who are the admins in the banlist tourney and stuff....Aint it just kind of overruling if Icy and Rai just auto-it, Just curious.....And msn or messenger is a form of an email/chat place, why not use hamachi for it, like you suggested for using to duel anyhow, you can chat with it, and make your own channels.....Not everyone has msn and are very unwilling to get it just b/c 2 people want to use that over others b/c they have their person reasons......Not saying my idea is anybetter, but it would save lots of people making another email address, password, and etc....I personal Have over 500 passwords in my head, and I change all my passwords at least once a month to keep it safe......So, now lets say I got an MSN thing, joined with Rai. and Icy somehow, I'd need to get myself another 100 passwords memorized in my head for it......

Don't you think that might be overkill?

Don't worry, you don't have to use MSN. Use anything that has a chat-like feature. There is a mibbit client we could use if MSN is too hard.

So, suggestion is, "How bout we vote on who becomes the banlist/toruney admins and etc"?

It would make much more sense, as if Icy would join, "No offense, You would regulate it how you see fit and not in everyones mind" (In which would probably be RC Section Indefinite which isn't to bad, but lots of people I know have other opinions) and if Rai was part of it, "He/She would follow Icy's step everyway as you would be afraid of being banned form YCM just b/c you and josh got in an argument or something" (Not saying Icy would, but its just safety precuation")...

I will let anyone who wants to be a judge be one, as long as they make themselves available and have balance sense. Sorry but I don't think we need a vote for this kind of thing. And I doubt Icy would want to participate anyway...

Not saying that is exact, just my clairavoyance and instinct should let the people decide who the admins/mods should be.....Or at least 3 people who made the program/helped made......It might take awhile, but it would be better throughout the program so more people will likely stay....

It would make sense for the Owner/Creator of the Program be the Head of Administer and Stuff....

How about this, I will let people be judges but if there is public dissent then they will not be a judge anymore, because I don't think it will be a big issue if I can tell who has a sense of balance :)

----------------------------

@Seattelite: Ah, okay, in that sense, i'm okay with it, I'll just need to update my cardmaking skills to become boss or they'll all be banned by Icy.......Even if they are underpowered.....Well, at least you are part of it, and thanks for replying....

But any how, as long as Balance may exist within the Judges, I'll be happy and I hope I can figure out when I can update my internet so I can duel....Stupid wifi slow internet, wishing he had money.....

@Seattelite: Ah, okay, in that sense, i'm okay with it, I'll just need to update my cardmaking skills to become boss or they'll all be banned by Icy.......Even if they are underpowered.....Well, at least you are part of it, and thanks for replying....

But any how, as long as Balance may exist within the Judges, I'll be happy and I hope I can figure out when I can update my internet so I can duel....Stupid wifi slow internet, wishing he had money.....

Judges can not force people to errata cards or ban underpowered cards. :)

And who knows exactly how this will all work out... however, I will make sure there's as much freedom for the card creators as possible.

Archived