Yu-Gi-Oh! Terminal Havoc (Started/Accepting in OOC)

iCherry

Renee looked up, somewhat supprised to see a human with all the dragons that were flying around, and to see that human recklessly jump down from a cliff. Replacing Light and Darkness Dragon into her deck, she introduced herself to him too.

"I am Renee Lucas and the frog sitting on my head is my spirit partner, Swipe. I am commander of both the Frog Tribe and the Monarch Tribe back over in the Wetlands. With me is also Kazuki and his spirit partner Atlas, and Rujo and his spirit partner Krus. I accept your duel offer for passage through the Ravine, but don't expect me to be some easy pushover of a duelist either."

Renee readied her duel disk, an old battle city model of disk, before raising it ready to duel. At the same time Swipe vanished off her head, presumably to be ready to appear during the duel sometime.

"I'll take the first move, Draw. I'll start off simple, by setting a monster facedown and ending my turn."

In front of Renee a horizontal card appeared, before the turn passed over to Silver.

Renee: 4000 lp
Hand: 5
Monsters: one fd
S/T: none
Graveyard: none

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[i]I really wish I didn't have to end this duel this way...[/i] Sena mentally said to herself, disgusted with the end result of what she was about to do. Still, the woman couldn't just take defeat, and she wasn't going to let Shika take one of her precious Vylons either. They [i]needed[/i] Sigma for more reasons then they could count.

"I activate Bye Bye Damage! This prevents Sigma from being destroyed by battle! ... However..." she responded with her reverse card, but began to stop because of her feelings on what this would do.

"Do you not see the gigantic dark energy blast of doom coming straight for us?! Explain it woman!" Vylon Cube shouted at his master, demanding she finish. Sena only gulped, swallowing her pride, before she yelled out.

"While I do still take Battle Damage, you take twice as much!" the blonde read, deeply regretting this entire situation. Understanding the card's ability, Sigma reacted to take matters into his own hands. He lifted said hands up and they were engulfed with white energy, absorbing the power of the holy weapons. Vylon Sigma then shot out a beam to counter, and it clashed with the dark blast. Only to cause an explosion between the two that let out a massive shockwave that shook the area.

"[b]I'm no pushover either, i draw![/b]" Silver drew a card from his deck in a dramatic fashion and then sees what the card is. Phalanx also disappeared in order to appear later on in the duel after seeing Silver's coinfidence in his eyes. "[b]First of all, i'll activate my Terraforming which allows me to grab my Dragon Ravine from my deck.[/b]"

After Silver fetched Ravine, his duel disk shuffled his deck, then he proceeded to make his next move "[b]Then i'll activate my Dragon Ravine![/b]"
Since they were already in Dragon Ravine the environment was left relatively unchanged. "[b]Then i'll discard 1 card from my Hand to activate Dragon Ravines second effect which allows me to send 1 Dragon-Type monster from my deck to the graveyard.[/b]" Silver sent Trap Dustshoot from his Hand to the Graveyard and then sent Dragunity Phalanx from his deck to the Graveyard.
"[b]I then Summon Dragunity Dux, and his special ability allows him to equip the Phalanx in my Graveyard. I then use Phalanx's ability which Special Summons him to my field, and then i perform a Synchro Summon, i tune my level 2 Phalanx with my level 4 Dux to Synchro Summon Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana![/b]"

The spirit of an Aklys grew bigger and the spirit of a Militum climbed on top of it

"[b]Now my Vajrayna's ability allows me to equip the Phalanx that's in my grave, and Phalanx Special Summons itself, i'll then Synchro for 8 to Synchro Summon Crimson Blader![/b]"
A crimson coloured warrior descended onto the battlefield
"[b]Now attack!!!![/b]"

(The end of my turn subsequently follows)

LP: 4000
Hand: 3
Field: Dragon Ravine
Monsters: Crimson Blader
Graveyard: 5
Deck: 32

Renee watched as her facedown monster was destroyed, not particularly worried by that though.

"When the monster i had facedown, T.A.D.P.O.L.E. is destroyed, I can add two more from my deck to my hand to replace him."

She continued watching as her opponent ended his turn, and knowing Crimson Blader's effect, then said,

"I may not be able to summon level 5 or higher monsters during my next turn, but that won't stop me from summoning a powerful monster. Now it's my turn, Draw."

Renee looked at her hand, before picking two cards out of it, discarding one and summoning the other. Swipe appeared on the field, as Renee then grabbed another card from her deck and sent it to the grave, all the while saying,

"I can special summon my Swap Frog by discarding one WATER Attribute monster from my hand, in this case one of the T.A.D.P.O.L.E.s that you kindly gave me. Then whenever Swap Frog is summoned i can send a level 2 or lower, Aqua-Type, WATER Attribute monster from my deck to the grave, Treeborn Frog this time. Next, i can return a monster i control to my hand, to allow me to normal summon an additional time this turn, as long as the summoned monster is a Frog."

On the field Swipe vanished as she added him back to her hand. Then she picked out two more monsters from her hand and placed them both onto the field for use. Appearing out of summoning portals was a green frog dressed in a scuba suit and wielding a spear, and a purple frog with a long horn on it's head.

"These two are Submarine Frog and Unifrog, Submarine Frog summoned thanks to Swap Frog's effect, and Unifrog summoned with my original normal summon. Now onto the battle phase, Unifrog's effect allows him to attack directly, so go Unifrog, Horn Spike."

The purple frog jumped forward past Crimson Blader and launched itself straight at Silver.

(If no response)

"If Unifrog successfully attacked directly, while I control a Frog other than Unifrog or Frog the Jam, I can instantly destroy a Spell or Trap you control, so your field spell goes bye bye."

Renee watched as the frog's horn started to glow, before flashing out and destroying an illusionary image of the Ravine they were in.

"During my second main phase, I might just overlay my two frogs, to Xyz Summon Gachi Gachi Gantetsu."

A grey, muscular monster with red pants on appeared, with one green and one purple light flying around it, to represent the overlay units.

"Gachi Gachi Gantetsu is summoned into defence and his effect allows all monsters on my field to gain 200 ATK for every overlay unit on him, leaving his defence on 2200 for now. Turn End."

Renee: 4000
Hand: 5 cards (one is Swap Frog and another is T.A.D.P.O.L.E.)
Field: none
Monsters: Gachi Gachi Gantetsu (900 ATK/2200 DEF, DEF mode, 2 overlay units)
Deck: 50 cards (Renee has a 60 card deck, to fit all her frogs, monarchs, and other cards in, this is actually a real deck of mine i'm using, so that's how i know it has 60 cards rather than 40)
Graveyard: 3 cards; T.A.D.P.O.L.E. x2, Treeborn Frog

"[b]Ouch that smarts![/b]" declared Silver who got up after Unifrog's attack, upon which, Phalanx appeared
"[color=#DAA520][b]Silver are you ok?[/b][/color]", "[b]Honestly, i don't know. He countered me more explosively than i did.[/b]" Silver replied as he took a cad from his deck to make his move.
"[b]My Draw![/b]" Silver looked at his options very carefully "[b]Ok first of all i'll activate Monster Reborn this allows me to revive my Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana, and then i'll Normal Summon Dragunity Aklys and i'll tune my 2 monsters to Synchro Summon Scrap Dragon![/b]"

A Dragon made from junk from a Junkyard appeared through the clouds
"[b]i'll play 1 card Face Down and activate my Scrap Dragon's effect so i'll destroy said Face Down and your Gachi, but i'm aware of his ability, not that it matters, Scrap Dragon attack with Scrap Flare![/b]"

(if no response)

"[b]And now my Crimson Blader should be able to waltz in and attack Gachi once more, Crimson Slash![/b]"

(Nothing in MP2 so turn end)

LP: 3600
Hand: 1
Monsters: Scrap Dragon, Crimson Blader
Graveyard: 8
Deck: 31

Renee watched as her opponent summoned another monster and methodically destroyed her Gachi Gachi Gantetsu.

"That's annoying, I was hoping to have something left over to use for an advance summon without the effect of crimson blader stuffing it up. Draw."

Renee looked at her cards while a little frog appeared on her field, before a spell activated and tributed it to pull the giant mechanical dragon to her side of the field, before the tiny frog rose once more.

"Remember that Treehorn Frog I sent to the grave last turn, well it summons itself now. I might make use of it to activate this, the quick play spell card Enemy Controller during the standby phase, and release Treeborn Frog to bring Scrap Dragon to my side of the field and then summon Treeborn Frog with his effect once more. During the main phase now I will trigger Scrap Dragon's effect, destroying both him and Crimson Blader. That leaves your field empty, but I might end my turn there, as I have nothing else to do yet."

Renee watched as Scrap Dragon unleashed two bursts of fire, one at Crimson Blader and the other at itself, waiting to see how her opponent would respond.

Renee: 4000
Hand: 5 cards (one Swap Frog and one T.A.D.P.O.L.E.)
Monsters: Treeborn Frog (100 ATK/100 DEF, DEF mode)
Deck: 49 cards
Graveyard: 6 cards; T.A.D.P.O.L.E. x2, Unifrog, Submarine Frog, Gachi Gachi Gantetsu, Enemy Controller

Silver looked on with a disgruntled look on his face, knowing that he was slowly staring defeat in this face, he had doubts, then he drew a card from his deck
"[b]My draw![/b]" Silver looked at the card and consideredhis options "[b]I'll Summon another one of my Draguniy Dux, and use its effect to equip Phalanx, and use its effect to Special itself. I'll then Synchro for 6, Summoning Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana[/b]"
Silver developed a smirk on his face, knowing exactly what he's planning to do to surprise his opponent
"[b]Using Vajrayana's effect i'll equip Dragunity Aklys that's in my graveyard.[/b]" Aklys came up from the Graveyad and latched onto Vajrayana's arm. "[b]Now i bet you're wondering why i'm equipping Aklys instead of Phalanx, well i'll tell you, using Vajrayana's effect i'll send my Aklys to the Graveyard to double his ATK to 3800, and since Aklys was sent to the Grave whilst equipped to my Vajrayana, i can destroy 1 card on the field, like your Treeborn Frog![/b]"

Silver grinned after Aklys launched itself at the scared Frog
"[b]Now attack him directly![/b]"

(if no response)

"[b]I'll end my turn.[/b]"

LP: 3600
Hand: 1
Monsters: Dragunity Knight Vajrayana (3800 -> 1900/1200)
Graveyard: 9
Deck: 30

Renee screamed as Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana launched itself into her, taking out most of her lifepoints in one hit, and knocking her back into the cliff face at the same time. Watching as her opponent ended her turn, she tried to recover from the large blow she had taken.

"M-my turn, Draw."

On her field the tiny frog appeared once more, as she looked at the new card dangling in her fingers.

"So, in the end, this way out is offered to me. During my main phase, the effect of swap frog activates, discarding my last T.A.D.P.O.L.E to special summon him, and sending Ronintoadin to the graveyard. I will then use the effect of swap frog to return him to my hand, in exchange for granting me an additional summon of a frog monster this turn. The effect of Ronintoadin activates, banishing Submarine Frog to special summon it, and instantly the quick play spell Inferno Reckless Summon activates, summoning out three Des Frogs from my deck. This is possible because while face up on the field, Ronintoadin is treated as Des Frog, so all three copies of Des Frog are special summoned. Also, since the only monster you have is a synchro monster, you can't get any more copies of it to your field even though it is the card that would be targeted. Finally I will use polymerization to fuse all three Des Frogs together to Fusion Summon D.3.S. Frog, and then release Ronintoadin and Treeborn Frog to advance summon Light and Darkness Dragon. And thanks to Treeborn Frog now being in the grave, D.3.S. Frog gains 500 ATK, giving me just enough to finish you this turn, unless you have something like battle fader in your hand."

After her long and complicated move, Renee was left with the massive D.3.S. Frog and the equally large Light and Darkness Dragon on her field, both ready to attack to finish the duel.

"D.3.S. Frog attacks Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana, and then Light and Darkness Dragon attacks directly for the game."

Renee watched to see what would happen, to see if her overly aggressive move had worked or not.

Renee: 200
Hand 2 (One is Swap Frog)
Monsters: D.3.S. Frog (3000 ATK/2000 DEF, ATK mode, attacking Vajrayana) Light and Darkness Dragon (2800 ATK/2400 DEF, ATK mode)
Deck: 44 cards
Graveyard: 12 cards
RFP: 1 card

Silver watched on in regret knowing that he had done all that he could, after seeing Vajrayana destroyed and his life points plummet to 2500, he knew there and then looking at the singular card that the duel was over, and so Ligh and Darkness Dragon attacked Silver so hard that he was sent flying onto the ground as his Life Points hits 0. He slowly got up with little energy he had left whilst the Dragunity Angusticlavii got their Bows and Arrows ready. Silver glanced upward to see this and responded,
"[b]Hold fire guys, these guys have earned safe passage through.[/b]" He then turned to Renee "[b]Well done, you may pass safe passage through, i hope none of the soldiers i command attack you as you pass on to your destination.[/b]"
Silver stepped aside put his arm out and decided to let Renee and the others through, Phalanx appeared following this and asked,
"[color=#DAA520][b]Why do this Silver? They were the enemy.[/b][/color]"
"[b]They were of no threat to us, they just wanted to pass through that's all, i'm sure you could've seen that.[/b]" Silver responded as Phalanx nodded his head. Silver however turned his head to where Renee and the otheres were headed and wondered if he should follow.

Shika's eyes widened in shock and horror once she realized what was happening. However, she was powerless to do anything, and her stubborn nature wouldn't let her give in.

Shika took the blast of the shockwave, attempting to stay on her feet, but ultimately failing. Her Life Points read 0, but she had just been hit with roughly [i]16200[/i] points of damage. Rainbow Dark Dragon exploded to smithereens around her, and the raven-haired woman found herself hurtling through the air. Regardless, Shika didn't scream or flail. Instead, she braced for impact as the concrete surface of the dusty metropolis came up to greet her.

[i]Crunch.[/i]

Of course Sena and Vylon Cube got sent flying because of the explosion. She wasn't sure if it was physics, the fact that she was the duelist, or if she was just unlucky. Instead of getting thrown into the air, Vylon Cube was just blasted away into a bunch of rubble that came down from a building due to the shockwave. Meanwhile, the blonde had deeply wished wings would come out of her back and she wouldn't hit something. Unfortunately, they didn't. The girl's body was smacked right into one of the buildings. Then, fell straight into solid concrete.

If this world didn't have some unexplained powers, she was absolutely certain she would be dead.

Shika's hand fell limp in front of her face, and she immediately fell unconscious. Buildings crumbled around her, creating a huge ruckus that perhaps [i]somebody[/i] would be able to hear. Despite herself, Shika found herself wishing for her opponent to play it safe.

[i]Where am I?[/i] was the last thought Shika had before she went completely brain-dead. [i]Who called me here?[/i]

Her Duel Disk, miraculously unscathed, casually spit her cards across the street. They skittered across the pavement like autumn leaves.

However, the buildings that had crumbled away revealed an army of skittering black insectoids. The Steelswarm had started to infect the city from the inside, taking over buildings and converting their insides into hives. Now that the deception was up, the Steelswarm ad no choice but to begin their attack. Manholes burst open as swarms of Cells poured from the openings. Upon finding a target, they exploded into black goo, coating the victims in the slime until they formed cocoons that could be made into more Steelswarm. Strangely, though, the humans and their Duel Spirits seemed unaffected, as the Steelswarm went right past them, giving the chosen guardians of the Ancient Fairy Dragon a wide berth, save for one swarm, which headed straight for Tori and Marcus without any signs of changing their course.

[i]There they are.[/i]

The Steelswarms made themselves known the moment the red and magma coated blood knights entered Hero City. Led by Laval Judgment Lord himself, they came prepared to destroy the invaders and anything else that stood in their way. The Lavals charged forward, and the footsteps of the army almost made Sena feel like she was sleeping in the middle of an earthquake.

Of course, the girl had been recalling all of the problems that were going to occur in her dreams. She didn't once think that the Steelswarms would appear [i]this[/i] early. Where was that stupid Vylon Cube when you needed him?

Speaking of that spirit, he actually began to rise up from where he was smacked into. Only to realize, what he hit was gone. The foe of his kind had began to infect the city at an alarming rate. He knew he had to do something, but multiple fireballs were shot out from a distance before he could think.

"Oh man..." was all Vylon Cube could mutter in this horrible situation. Those were most likely from the Cannoneers...

Marcus just stared after the Magician, then studied Tori, then turned to Arma-san. "Does he have any idea what was wrong with her in the first place?" he wondered skeptically. "I mean, sure, magic and stuff is cool and all, but I didn't think that could solve hunger or dehydration if the caster had no idea what was wrong with the target..."

He sighed, shaking his head. Arma-san was loyally remaining at his side, even though, judging by his eyes, he clearly wanted to follow the odd fairy magician. "And didn't even wait long to see if we were following or even remotely ready to follow," he noted, shaking his head again.

[color=#ffa500]"Maybe he's coming back,"[/color] Arma-san suggested hopefully.

The Steelswarm mobilized their forces to defend against the invaders. Regardless of what the HEROs claimed, HERO City was their new territory, and they were dead-set on defending their new hive. The Lavals' fires were quenched with tides of Cells, sacrificing themselves to create the dark ichor Steelswarms knew and loved. The swarm descended on the fire-users, not converting them, but quickly and efficiently wiping out every last invader. They were not worthy of joining the hive, as they had attempted to destroy their new home. And those that were enemies of the Steelswarm, and threats to the hive's existence, were eliminated without mercy or quarter.
Meanwhile, Tori slowly awakened at the Magician's powers, and saw Marcus. [color=#800080]"Ugh...What happened? I still feel so...tired..."[/color] She then asked as she turned around.[color=#800080] "Do you guys hear that? It sounds like-"[/color] At that moment, she saw the massive wave of dark creatures heading for them, and she screamed. She started to run, but as the wave approached Marcus and The Magician, they moved harmlessly out of the way, as if there was something repelling the Cells from the duelist. She then turned to try and do the same thing, and stood there as the wave closed in.
It didn't stop.
Tori was quickly swept underneath the tide of chittering insects, kicking and struggling as those around her exploded and coated her in black slime. She managed to call out [color=#800080]"Marcus...help...me..."[/color] before she finally sank beneath the surface. The swarm continued on, and turned a corner before disappearing down a manhole, carrying back its catch.

Marcus' mind completely froze up at the sight of a near army of the dark creatures. Arma-san sprang into action immediately, slashing his claws at the nearest of them and spitting bursts of flame at others. He was successful in doing quite a bit of damage, but not a bit of his effort amounted to anything in the end. The wave of beings passed the boy and the Armed Dragon with such indifference that they may have well not have been present at all, and the damaged creatures joined the rest of the hoard without even bothering to retaliate.

Marcus did snap out of the daze when he realized Tori's danger, but whatever move he made towards her was for naught, as the creatures were like liquid, tearing her away and taking the human girl out of reach. He tripped and hit the stone street, looking back in terror, expecting the wave of creatures in the rear to carry him away like they had Tori, but they still passed him without contact.

Then they were gone, and he could only stare in dumbfounded horror. "What...the hell...?" he whispered.

[color=#ffa500]"I didn't do it!" [/color]Arma-san said defensively.

"Tori!" Marcus shouted, hoping for some wild moment that she would answer and emerge from the alley, unharmed and relieved, but there was no answer from anything. "Tori!" he shouted again, pushing himself up and racing towards the alley, but all he found was an empty manhole, bits of slime coating the entrance. "Damn it!" he cursed himself, kicking at the brick wall. It didn't do a thing.

It had been his idea to seek the Hero City as a destination and while no one had offered any serious protests (Arma-san's disdain for Heroes didn't count), as the self-designated leader, he felt responsible.

[color=#ffa500]"What's this?"[/color] Arma-san wondered abruptly, picking up a card and studying it from a few different angles. [color=#ffa500]"Think you dropped this,"[/color] he said helpfully, offering it up to Marcus, who took it with a mildly baffled look, but didn't say anything, just looked at it, and then back at the manhole.

Tori struggled underneath the city as a flood of voices entered her mind, all of them chirping and chittering. She tried to scream, but her mouth was gagged. She tried to struggle, to cover her ears, to just move, but her body was stuck in its gooey cocoon. Finally, she felt the voices become drowned out for one voice, a kind and gentle feminine voice. [color=#A50B5E][i][font=times new roman,times,serif]"Hello, Tori."[/font][/i][/color] The voice spoke out.
[i][color=#800080]"Hello? Who are you?"[/color][/i] Tori asked in her mind. [i][color=#800080]"What's going on? Where am I?"[/color][/i]
[color=#A50B5E][i][font=times new roman,times,serif]"We didn't mean to frighten you."[/font][/i][/color] The voice replied. [color=#A50B5E][i][font=times new roman,times,serif]"We just need you. You see, we are Duel Monster Spirits that need a human to lead us into battle against those that wish to destroy us. You want a Duel Monster Spirit, right?"[/font][/i][/color]
[i][color=#800080]"I...I guess that would be nice..."[/color][/i] Tori responded, her will weakening.
[color=#A50B5E][i][font=times new roman,times,serif]"We can give you the power to defeat your enemies. We can remake your weak human form into one worthy of having others bow to you."[/font][/i][/color]
[i][color=#800080]"I would...I would like that..."[/color][/i]
[color=#A50B5E][i][font=times new roman,times,serif]"And you will never be lonely again. You will always have us, and we will always be willing to love you and protect you."[/font][/i][/color]
[i][color=#800080]"...Thank you..."[/color][/i]
[color=#A50B5E][i][font=times new roman,times,serif]"Then let's begin."[/font][/i][/color]
[i][color=#800080]"Wait...I...AAUUUUGGGGHHH!!!"[/color][/i] Tori cried out in mental agony as the Steelswarm started to alter her bbody, though only the hive mind could hear her anguish.

[color=#FF8C00]"Damn it, they were meant to follow!"[/color][color=#000000] The Magician cursed, before letting out a brief sigh, [/color][color=#FF8C00]"Oh well, so much for reinforcements."[/color]

[color=#800000]"We'll have to make do without them,"[/color][color=#000000] The World stated in a stern tone, [/color][color=#800000]"The invasion has begun..."[/color]

[color=#000000]Just as he said this, the entire Arcana Force assumed a defensive formation, with their most powerful units on the outside. They weren't about to let the weaker members get ambushed by these cursed Steelswarm curs.[/color] [color=#000000]Of course, it would figure to protect Ella too, and Dante and Neos Alius as well, assuming the latter couldn't fight too well. Eventually though, they managed to find a probable entrance to the sewers. Now all they had to do was get in there. The Fool already offered to do the honours, but The World was on standby, watching to see if the Steelswarm would suddenly erupt the sewers as he was opening the entrance way.[/color]

After the Duel, Rujo was flabbergasted at Renee's extraordinary Dueling skills. When the Duelist moved out of the way for the group to move on ahead, Krus turned towards Rujo.

[i]"Something does not feel right. We may just be walking into a trap."[/i]

[color=#008000]"Well, it's better than staying behind and not doing anything, right? We have to take initiative," [/color]Rujo said, reassuringly.

[i]"I only hope we are not too late..."[/i]

Rujo looked towards Renee, then Kazuki. This duelist clearly knew his way around Dragon Ravine. However, he noticed the two other Duelists starting to move ahead of him. Looking back towards the man with the Dragunity Phalanx Duel Spirit, Rujo wondered if one more was going to enter their traveling party.

[color=#008000]"Hey, wait up," [/color]Rujo said, walking at a brisk pace to meet up with the others.

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3]Kazuki didn't know if any of the others were willing to invite the person Renee had dueled, who called himself Silver, to join their party. He was about to ask him when Renee started walking, so instead he dropped his question and followed silently after, with Rujo a few steps behind.[/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3][color=#808080]He's not coming with us?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0000cd]Seems that way.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3][color=#808080]But is he not here for the same reason as us?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0000cd]Maybe, maybe not![/color][/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3]Kazuki glanced back at Silver, wondering who he was and why he was here?[/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0000cd]If he wants to join us, he knows were're here, atleast.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3][color=#808080]Yeah that's true.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3]Kazuki shifted his attention forward again, wanting to get out the ravine as soon as possible.[/size][/font]

[center][font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3]* * *[/size][/font][/center]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3]After a while, the environment became more and more open, until finally, they were our of the Dragon Ravine. A grass plain stretched out before them, with a large city structure ahead: Hero City.[/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3][color=#808080]We made it.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3]Kazuki took a deep breath, clearing his lungs from that dense mountain air.[/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0000cd]Somethings wrong![/color][/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3]Kazuki turned to Atlas.[/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0000cd]Look.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3]The entire group gazed at the city, which had large smoke pillars rising up from it, and the sound of rumble coming from it.[/size][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode, lucida grande, sans-serif][size=3][color=#0000cd]I think Hero City, is under attack.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1323649898' post='5701530']
[color=#FF8C00]"Damn it, they were meant to follow!"[/color][color=#000000] The Magician cursed, before letting out a brief sigh, [/color][color=#FF8C00]"Oh well, so much for reinforcements."[/color]

[color=#800000]"We'll have to make do without them,"[/color][color=#000000] The World stated in a stern tone, [/color][color=#800000]"The invasion has begun..."[/color]

[color=#000000]Just as he said this, the entire Arcana Force assumed a defensive formation, with their most powerful units on the outside. They weren't about to let the weaker members get ambushed by these cursed Steelswarm curs.[/color] [color=#000000]Of course, it would figure to protect Ella too, and Dante and Neos Alius as well, assuming the latter couldn't fight too well. Eventually though, they managed to find a probable entrance to the sewers. Now all they had to do was get in there. The Fool already offered to do the honors, but The World was on standby, watching to see if the Steelswarm would suddenly erupt the sewers as he was opening the entrance way.[/color]
[/quote]

Dante looked at Ella and smiled a little. [color=#FF0000]"Ella, stay and help the Arcana Force here. I'm going to use everything in my power as a duelist to help the HEROes out." [/color]He turned away, running off. [color=#FF0000]"Don't worry about me! You have to stop them here and now!" [/color]he yelled as he activated his duel disk, running back to the Council Building. He glanced over and saw Neos Alius, flying beside him.

[color=#696969][i]What? You actually thought you'd get rid of me that easily boss? [/i][/color]Neos Alius asked with a chuckle.

[color=#FF0000]"Knew you'd be here...now let's save the city!" [/color]Dante said as he finally skidded to a stop and searching through his deck. He had begun to notice how a few Steelswarm began to scurry towards him. Dante grabbed a card and then spun it into the air and quickly grabbed it, placing it on the disk. [color=#FF0000]"Super Polymerization!" [/color]he yelled, as one of the Steelswarm Cells began to rise. He looked through his deck and then took E-HERO Heat and placed it into the graveyard.

[color=#FF0000]"HERO of darkness, my opponent's monsters run in fear! Let the darkness flow through you as you bring forth justice! COME FORTH, E-HERO Escuaridao!" [/color]he chanted, as a shadow appeared behind him. Just as he was called, Escuaridao appeared. [color=#FF0000]"Attack the Steelswarm Cells with Dark Wave!" [/color]Upon that command, Escuaridao waved his hands towards the Cells and watched them get destroyed. Though this would take long, because of the hive. [color=#FF0000][i]Ella, its up to you and the Arcana Force. You have to do what you can to stop the hive!![/i][/color]

[color=#800080]"OK, we should be fine I guess,"[/color][color=#000000] Ella called out to Dante, before following the Arcana Force into the sewers.[/color]

[color=#000000]It was funny. Even as the Steelswarm Invasion began, The World still managed to get a stronger reading of their presence in the sewers. Now though, Ella and The Magician were starting to see why. Blood and Steelswarm goo were strewn across the walls, presumably where others had begun assaulting the hive or just happened to take a stroll. The odd Steelswarm Cell would scuttle by the Arcana Force innocently enough, but whether it was ordered to bypass the Arcana Force or unaware they were even [i]there[/i] was unknown. The Moon, who was right at the back of the pack keeping an eye on any Steelswarm ambushes, was seriously considering squashing this bug, but decided against it, doubting its own chances of accomplishing such a task.[/color]

[color=#000000]Eventually, the Arcana Force had come across an outpost, one that was laden with Steelswarm Scouts and Sentinels, and perhaps even [i]more[/i] Steelswarm Cells on standby. Of course, The World was more than capable of obliterating the outpost in its entirety, but stopped in his tracks regardless... if only to inform Ella of what exactly they were getting into.[/color]

[color=#800000]"Hmph, predictable,"[/color][color=#000000] he scoffed, [/color][color=#800000]"They manage to amass an army to commence an invasion, and yet our Steelswarm friends still leave the majority of their forces down here in their hive. It's only safe to assume we're in for a rough ride, so to speak,"[/color]

[color=#800080]"So this is their hive..."[/color][color=#000000] Ella wondered allowed.[/color]

[color=#800000]"No, only a mere outpost,"[/color][color=#000000] The World answered, [/color][color=#800000]"But we're close... close enough to allow me to obtain a reading, of a human presence this time. Perhaps it's just a brave but foolish soul, but I'd be none the more surprised if this specific one were to be possessed by the Steelswarm themselves. However, I can't determine his or her [i]true[/i] fate from here."[/color]

[color=#800080]"You mean to say...?"[/color][color=#000000] Ella clasped her hands over her open mouth after saying this.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"Don't tell me it's one of the humans I found earlier!"[/color][color=#000000] The Magician interjected in disbelief, fearful that his epiphany were to come true, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"DAMN IT!! I knew I should've dragged that guy along when I had the chance!"[/color]

[color=#000000]He was unaware however, that he shouted loud enough for the entire outpost to overhear.[/color]

"Sena! Please get up! C'mon!" Vylon Cube pleaded his master to regain consciousness and stand back up. But it was no use, the girl was out like a light. The spirit couldn't do anything except shake her around, desperately trying to awaken her. Another fireball got sent flying by them and hit one of the hives dead on. Several Laval Gunners zipped straight past the two and began rapidly firing flaming shots at the invading insects.

"Destroy the Steelswarms!" a booming voice echoed throughout into the ears of all those involved. With just that command, the Lavals began to increase their offensive charge. Laval Lancelords were sent out into battle and threw said lances at hives and mobs of the bugs alike.

"Ngh..." Sena was slowly beginning to wake up...

The Steelswarms continue their advance, regardless of the reinforced morale of their opponents. Fear was a tool they could use against their opponents. The hive that was hit sustained some damage, but Cells quickly started repairing the hole, transforming it into a sort of organic turret that could fire Cells at their enemies. Similarly-inflicted structural damage to the former buildings, which, like their inhabitants, had been coated in dark ichor and transfigured into massive hives, was being repurposed into anti-air defenses, something the Steelswarm had been lacking until now. The Lavals may have been strengthened, but only briefly, as the Steelswarms were not only continuing to hold their ground, but slowly gain it as well.
Meanwhile, the outpost the Arcana Force had run into initially didn't seem to mind them any attention. Strangely, though, the outpost did turn their heads towards the trespassers, but they just watched them, without making a sound. The occasional Cell also turned its head as it passed by. These dozens of soulless white eyes stared at the odd figures, but made no attempt to stop them. However, it didn't seem like such a good idea to provoke them...

Archived