so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone game for an RP set in a 'great future' sort of setting, where some plot device has some people gain magical cards (based off the Major Arcana tarot cards) that each have some power relating to them, some all-powerful thing for a plot device that people or trying to obtain, some for good reasons (threat looming over this RP's world or something) but some want it for more selfish reasons, and most of those people join together as a team, except for a few (some secondary players, main bad, etc), and they have some time limit or something. Main bad wants it, and other players (represented by you guys) want it, and the group of players has to figure out who's who and deal with it one way or the other, and obtain the all-powerful something. It's still thinking WIP.

Ok here i go then. This is just the basic skeleton and i would love help to improve and make better. 

Once again the world of Yugioh is reborn into a new form after many years dueling has actual taking a decline in the world more and more people are giving up dueling believing that its boring and there is truly nothing to achieve from doing it.  With this rapid decline in duelist dueling has taken to remaining into card/hobby shops with only legends of old duelist floating around  that is until an unusual benefactor revamps the game bringing forth a set of powerful duelers who will challange anyone but at the cost of losing your soul.

I know it needs a lot of work but this is just the basis and ca be subjected to change

Ok here i go then. This is just the basic skeleton and i would love help to improve and make better. 

Once again the world of Yugioh is reborn into a new form after many years dueling has actual taking a decline in the world more and more people are giving up dueling believing that its boring and there is truly nothing to achieve from doing it.  With this rapid decline in duelist dueling has taken to remaining into card/hobby shops with only legends of old duelist floating around  that is until an unusual benefactor revamps the game bringing forth a set of powerful duelers who will challange anyone but at the cost of losing your soul.

I know it needs a lot of work but this is just the basis and ca be subjected to change

Losing our souls again? It's been done in the Shadow Games and with the Seal of the Orichalcos. I wouldn't recommend this being the danger of the RP. It has been done by other RPs and in the anime. Try to go for something original. Perhaps they revamp the game by creating a virtual world where you can better live the game. Something similar to that arc in the original anime. You don't even have to have the cliche 'I'm stuck in the game'. Maybe you are just trying to beat the game. Anyway, that's my take on it.

Ahhh I see your point. I want something fun that starts of slow and then builds up in a roaring end that makes everyone satisfied. So i like the first part of making dueling declining trend but after that I draw another blank.

How about if we already lost our souls, but we can fight back.

With more dueling.

I like this idea maybe we can work with it

Losing our souls again? It's been done in the Shadow Games and with the Seal of the Orichalcos. I wouldn't recommend this being the danger of the RP. It has been done by other RPs and in the anime. Try to go for something original. Perhaps they revamp the game by creating a virtual world where you can better live the game. Something similar to that arc in the original anime. You don't even have to have the cliche 'I'm stuck in the game'. Maybe you are just trying to beat the game. Anyway, that's my take on it.

YOU ARE RIGHT! and if you dont mind I am going to use your idea and going to run with it

Ahhh I see your point. I want something fun that starts of slow and then builds up in a roaring end that makes everyone satisfied. So i like the first part of making dueling declining trend but after that I draw another blank.

I like this idea maybe we can work with it

YOU ARE RIGHT! and if you dont mind I am going to use your idea and going to run with it

Go ahead. I look forward to your RP.

I suggested a combination of the two, with a computer virus corrupting the game and giving different individuals special powers, but at the cost of trapping them inside of the game.

But that's been done before. Why can't we just have a clan of duelists that just want to beat the game?

So I feel the Arcadia Movement gets looked over... A LOT. Plus I don't think anyone's done an Arcadia Movement RP before.

Everyone always remembers the Signers and Ylliaster and the Dark Signers, and their battle 70 years ago. Everyone always seems to over look though, one small piece in the puzzle, while those two factions fought it out another organization was at work: The Arcadia Movement. 70 years ago their leader, Sayer, was presumed dead when he was swallowed by Misty Treadwell’s Earthbound Immortal Ccarayhua. Unfortunately he was not dead, in this time he has been held captive with all the other lost souls of the Underworld. Now though with the advent of the New Year he has escaped, and now seeks to resume were he left off. While whatever remained of the Arcadia Movement is long gone, but Sayer has been quite resourceful; since having been revived he has put together a force of about 50 psychic duelists, and with the Signers long dead nobody stands in his way.   

So what do you think?

[quote]

So I feel the Arcadia Movement gets looked over... A LOT. [b]Plus I don't think anyone's done an Arcadia Movement RP before.[/b]

[/quote]

ClearAngel...[url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/136094-lock-please-we-finished-it/]say hello to [i]Return of the Arcadia Movement[/i], one of the three only Yugioh RPs on this site to [b]EVER REACH AN ENDING!!![/b] WOOOHOOOO!!!!![/url] Oh, and I [url=http://pdfcast.org/pdf/yu-gi-oh-return-of-the-arcadia-movement-complete]novelized it.[/url] If you like reading, you might like it~

ANYWAY, the RP has a lot of potential, but I'm not sure how it'll work. What will the non-psychics do, for example?

then, how about :

The Arcadia Movement is back under the leadership of "Someone" and a new name "Neo Arcadia Movement" and is trying to take over the world of dueling by infecting the popular Yu-Gi-Oh! VMMORPG Game with a virus that can take over the mind of the duelist. First off, the duelist of Neo Arcadia, entered the VMMORPG, and dueling somebody, if the person that was dueling the Arcadia duelist lost ... their mind will be taken by the virus ... and they will join the Neo Arcadia Movement, The RP'ers is one of the duelist in the Yu-Gi-Oh! VMMORPG, and they want to stop the Neo Arcadia plan to rule over the world of dueling, thus they banded together to defeat Neo Arcadia.

The action for this RP, takes place in 2 worlds, Virtual World and Real World.

And also, the name of the Virus is "ME" Virus a.k.a. Malevolent Entity Virus

So, what do you think?

then, how about :

The Arcadia Movement is back under the leadership of "Someone" and a new name "Neo Arcadia Movement" and is trying to take over the world of dueling by infecting the popular Yu-Gi-Oh! VMMORPG Game with a virus that can take over the mind of the duelist. First off, the duelist of Neo Arcadia, entered the VMMORPG, and dueling somebody, if the person that was dueling the Arcadia duelist lost ... their mind will be taken by the virus ... and they will join the Neo Arcadia Movement, The RP'ers is one of the duelist in the Yu-Gi-Oh! VMMORPG, and they want to stop the Neo Arcadia plan to rule over the world of dueling, thus they banded together to defeat Neo Arcadia.

The action for this RP, takes place in 2 worlds, Virtual World and Real World.

And also, the name of the Virus is "ME" Virus a.k.a. Malevolent Entity Virus

So, what do you think?

How the eff did we get a very similar idea?

I've been thinking about a YGO RP taking place in the Spirit Realm, but with teenage kids. Basically, Digimon Adventure with children's card games. The plot in a nutshell is as follows: An evil researcher/scientist type guy creates a virus-type thing that turns spirits evil and a device that would allow YGO cards to become real, like, actual physical monsters in the human world.The good YGO cards call on teenage kids to prevent the device from being activated and they get into duels, life threatening situations and all that. Maybe I'll even throw in some references to Digimon Adventure with some kind of mysterious spirits that merge with the kids' cards, turning them into more powerful versions of it. 

OR, an RP with the same idea, same basic plot, but instead set in the Duel Terminal world. Rough plot would be the DT world is not big enough for the war between Fableds and Swarms vs Constellars and Vylons so they want to use the human world as a battleground. Then the neutral clans call on the teenage kids and the rest is the same as the above story.

Whaddya think?

How the eff did we get a very similar idea?

I've been thinking about a YGO RP taking place in the Spirit Realm, but with teenage kids. Basically, Digimon Adventure with children's card games. The plot in a nutshell is as follows: An evil researcher/scientist type guy creates a virus-type thing that turns spirits evil and a device that would allow YGO cards to become real, like, actual physical monsters in the human world.The good YGO cards call on teenage kids to prevent the device from being activated and they get into duels, life threatening situations and all that. Maybe I'll even throw in some references to Digimon Adventure with some kind of mysterious spirits that merge with the kids' cards, turning them into more powerful versions of it. 

OR, an RP with the same idea, same basic plot, but instead set in the Duel Terminal world. Rough plot would be the DT world is not big enough for the war between Fableds and Swarms vs Constellars and Vylons so they want to use the human world as a battleground. Then the neutral clans call on the teenage kids and the rest is the same as the above story.

Whaddya think?

How on earth did we get the same idea of Duel Terminal World ...

Anyway, I like your idea of Digimon world-like

so ...

An scientist manage to create a virus ("ME" virus) that turned the duel spirits into a shadow spirit (Evil Spirit) and create a device that can materialize the Card Monster into reality (D-Vice, with D for Duel), he then create an Organization called "Neo Arcadia Movement" with only one goal, that is World Domination. The first move that they made is invading the "World of The Duel Spirit" and turn the inhabitants into Shadow Spirit. Some of the Duel Spirit managed to fled into the human world and turned themself into a card so they can't be tracked by Neo Arcadia Movement, this card, somehow ended up in the hand of the RP'ers, sensed the good in the hearts of the RP'ers, the Duel Spirit (now in a card form) asked them to defeat the Neo Arcadia and saving the Spirit World. Using the power of the spirits, RP'ers manage to create a device similar to the D-Vice and used it to fight back against Neo Arcadia.

so how's that sound?

Archived