so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

So, who would be vaguely interested in a roleplay that's basically an alternate telling of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn?

Granted, I don't think there are many here that are fans of Gundam, but I wouldn't be looking for a huge group anyways. Maybe 3-4 players, six tops. The basic idea is that the players are all members of the Sleeves; specifically part of the revived Midnight Fenrir Corps. They've been tasked to retrieve the Unicorn Gundam from Side 4's Industrial 7 colony, but run into complications along the way. It wouldn't follow the story of Gundam Unicorn exactly, per say, but it would take place in the same time frame, and with the same/similar themes. Of course, I don't know if anyone would actually be interested in a Gundam roleplay. More so that Unicorn takes place in the later Universal Century time line, and I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar with the previous events in the time line.

But hey, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Thoughts?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obligatory question asking "how much would you have to know about Gundam?"

Hmm. Outside of the very basic "Gundam involves giant robots" the most they would need to know would be the history of Universal Century. I can summarize that pretty quickly. Outside of that, choosing MS and positions can be handled OoCly. Honestly, Universal Century is really easy to read up and understand, and the contents of it can be summarized in a paragraph or two without a problem. The only real issue I can think of is that the Unicorn plotline itself tends to lose steam if the players don't quite grasp the importance of it. That would be less their fault and more my fault though, but I think I can grapple with that issue fairly well.

So, basically, the only thing they would have to know would be a brief history of the UC Era. I can provide a summary of that. Relevant technologies and factions can be explained through there or just in a different section of the OoC thread. I would be fine with any player that's willingly to read a little bit, and considering this is the roleplaying forum, I hope that's common. :I

Elaborate. 

So suppose the game is made so you have to defeat one 'villain' before moving on to the next area. You are encouraged to travel with a group of duelists so as to allow more types of duels, such as two-on-two, three-on-three, two-on-one, and other such things. The game is not a plan to trap your body within the game to kill/ turn you into a mindless zombie. The plot of the RP would be to simply beat the game, advancing through each stage.

So I feel the Arcadia Movement gets looked over... A LOT. Plus I don't think anyone's done an Arcadia Movement RP before.

Everyone always remembers the Signers and Ylliaster and the Dark Signers, and their battle 70 years ago. Everyone always seems to over look though, one small piece in the puzzle, while those two factions fought it out another organization was at work: The Arcadia Movement. 70 years ago their leader, Sayer, was presumed dead when he was swallowed by Misty Treadwell’s Earthbound Immortal Ccarayhua. Unfortunately he was not dead, in this time he has been held captive with all the other lost souls of the Underworld. Now though with the advent of the New Year he has escaped, and now seeks to resume were he left off. While whatever remained of the Arcadia Movement is long gone, but Sayer has been quite resourceful; since having been revived he has put together a force of about 50 psychic duelists, and with the Signers long dead nobody stands in his way.   

So what do you think?

I think it is REALLY cool idea. Would love to see this go up as an RP.

ClearAngel...say hello to Return of the Arcadia Movement, one of the three only Yugioh RPs on this site to EVER REACH AN ENDING!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!! Oh, and I novelized it. If you like reading, you might like it~

ANYWAY, the RP has a lot of potential, but I'm not sure how it'll work. What will the non-psychics do, for example?

*jaw drops* holy *insert saying that means I can't believe you did that here* Merciful! That is quite impressive what you did there sir. *tips hat* I have a lot of time to read, plus I haven't been able to find anything good to read lately, so I'll most definitely check it out. As for the non-psychics I have a plan for them later in the RP that I can't reveal now cause it would ruin the surprise.

So suppose the game is made so you have to defeat one 'villain' before moving on to the next area. You are encouraged to travel with a group of duelists so as to allow more types of duels, such as two-on-two, three-on-three, two-on-one, and other such things. The game is not a plan to trap your body within the game to kill/ turn you into a mindless zombie. The plot of the RP would be to simply beat the game, advancing through each stage.

I think it is REALLY cool idea. Would love to see this go up as an RP.

Thanks, but its already up if you would like to join.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of a remake of my latest Naruto RPG (Which -- like all of my previous RPG's -- was left abandoned, unfortunately). The plot itself would be different, of course. I'm thinking something alien-like (Like fragments of the moon, where I believe in the original Manga of Naruto is said to hold the Ten-Tails' body or something) has crashed unto the earth and evidently begins changing people, raising the dead or something sinister, obviously. Corruption is everywhere and the alliance between the five countries deteriorates slowly because of an entire new nation from a far-away land have begun ruling over the five countries. And the ninja system is in the brink of crumbling away because of said nation and its massive army -- the Sentinels or Order -- enforcing their laws and such on shinobi. Clans of many have started to rebel against the oppressors while the shinobi alliance attempts to re-establish their supremacy as peacekeepers. 

I could go on, but I'm still in the process of "brainstorming". 

(gonna repost this, with revamps of course)

Well, since Legend Blood is over, it's time to make a sequel. That sequel is Legend Moon, and since it's set a long twenty years after the first, it should be pretty easy for newcomers to join. Some things might change. Also, it's a remake of a failed RP sequel to the original Blood.

Legend Moon is set upon a fantasy-reality planet called Lath, where humans (who are medieval but control magic) and vampires (who have modern technology and possess enhanced abilities) reside as separate races, in an alliance re-forged twenty years ago after a corrupt vampire lord broke it. Werewolves (transforming humans with super-enhanced abilities) have suddenly popped out of nowhere to attack Noirlune, and the inhabitants must gather to defend it.

I tried to simplify it as much as possible. Anyway, what do you guys think?

[spoiler=Plot]
[spoiler=Past (you should probably read to have a better understanding of Lath)]

There was once a small and peaceful world called Lath, and two races live in that world, the first race was the human race. These peaceful beings lived a harmonious existence for a long time, living peacefully in a stasis for almost a thousand years, where nobody had any desire to change or expand.

But then the second race appeared into this peaceful era, the formidable vampire race. Perhaps they had started off as a mutation of humans, or perhaps as demons with amnesia. In any case, nobody knows anymore. These long-lived conquerors set out to build great cities and gain dominion over all living things. In time, their aggression enslaved the passive Human race, who were quite pathetic. The vampires reigned supreme, and the humans were kept as slaves.

Divided by hatred, a revolt was beginning. With no other choice, the humans tapped into a mystical energy known as 'magic'. They learned it, and when the time was right, a war for freedom began. With unexpected force, they damaged the Vampire kingdom, and with magic began to overpower the Vampires in bloody confrontations. But in the end, neither could defeat the other and in the end, they settled with a truce.

And so the two races, despite their differences, began to coexist with each other.

Twenty years ago, in the capital city of Nuevida, a human-hating tyrant called Lord Elnaer rose to the throne and threatened this truce. He hunted down a large majority of the humans within the three years of his reign, having declared them all to be killed. As they persisted on, he delved into forbidden research and attempted to enact a plan that would eradicate all the humans on the planet, but was ultimately defeated by the combined might of the rebels at the Battle of Nuevida Castle.

Afterwards, he was replaced by a benevolent vampire - Alsa von Mira - who proceeded to mend the human race and helped in forging an even tighter alliance between the two races than before. Ever since then, there has been peace.
 [/spoiler]

From the spire, a curse of fate
The moon shall always wait
And with a legend, a dead desire
Soon, to strike through like fire

Lath, a growing world of magic and science.

After many centuries of turmoil, the humans and vampires are finally in a solid alliance. This is most evident in the cloudy city of Noirlune, where both races run powerful and strong together, working together to invent technologies never before seen. But there is a problem.

Over the course of the past few years, a werewolf 'curse' has begun to spread across the populace, infecting humans (making them undergo transformations that take over their minds and viciously attack anyone nearby) but also extremely deadly to vampires. Alongside that, a crimson moon would randomly appear in the sky alongside the normal moon, forcing the transformation of infected. To solve this problem, the mayor gave rewards to anyone who could identify the lycanthropes among them, and through this process they were either chased out or executed.

Over the past few months, a man called Wylfred has begun uniting the werewolves together, teaching them how to control themselves in their changed forms and how to change at will. Under his leadership, a civil war with Noirlune had been started, beginning with a mist-generating machine that cut them off from the outside in a siege attempt. Since then, the citizens had been continually terrorized and living in constant fear of them...

...but within despair, there is always hope. When renowned warhero Azami Yamada is elected mayor, she is determined to save the city. Recently, posters have been scattered about the city, requesting for anyone brave enough to volunteer and gather together in a spire at the very center of Noirlune. As a team, she will lead them into a deadly quest to free the city from the shadow that Sir Wylfred casts upon it...!

Will you step forth for freedom, or will you give in to corruption? Will you uphold, or will you betray? Will you stay sane, or will you go insane?

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=RP Info (there are quite a lot of these)]
This is more or less for those who still have no clue about anything in the roleplay, even after reading the plot (whom I expect to be everyone). It also provides clear ordinary extra information, and how to start out.

*The story will be taking place in Noirlune, a growing, industrial city where humans and vampires live in harmony together. It's also the only place on the planet to accept hybrids. It rains a lot, with grey skies most of the time, and waking up to a bright morning sky is very rare. An artificial fog thanks to Wylfred blocks it from the outside world.

*Life in Noirlune is mostly modern, with the exception of the internet and screens in general so no televisions, computers, handphones, etc. - but there are telephones!

*If you start out as a human or a vampire, you're most likely a citizen of Noirlune (be creative about it, make up whatever you want). Apart from that, you might be somebody who somehow got through the mist, or whose house is based inside of it.

*If you start out as a werewolf, you're most likely living in a lavish mansion in the middle of the mist right now, where all your fellow werewolves are also staying and hanging about. You might be a veteran chased out from the city, or you might be newly infected and still coping to this whole thing, but Wylfred found you and gave you a family. Wylfred seems to be very friendly and understanding to you guys, if only mysterious about what he wants.

*The world of Lath only has a full moon once every year. And let's just say the years are 365 days for simplicity, alright? The day for the complete full moon is approaching. Note that the werewolf curse has existed for a long time now, though with the full moon only happening once a year, it's been exceeding rare...until now.

*Lath is a tiny planet, probably only about a quartet as large as Earth...there are no concepts of 'continents', but everything else more or less is the same as our world. Other than the presence of mana, vampires, and werewolves, of course.

*Humans are more oriented to magic and traditions, while vampires are more focused to technology and science.

*Magic is only possessed by humans, hybrids (optional), and vampires with royal blood (distant or oblivious relatives work too). Werewolves have it too, but it's so many times damper than when they were uninfected.

*Vampires are not transformed humans. Is this perfectly clear? They are their own race. They have pale-ish skin, high strength/speed, sharp fangs, and a lifespan twice as long as humans, although from baby to adult is at more or less the same rate as humans. Blood to them is like alcohol to humans; forbidden for youngsters, can get drunk on it, is sorta addictive, tastes better when mixed... but most of the time it comes from animals and not humans. Though human blood is much stronger.

*Lycanthropy only spreads via bites, and they're bipedal by the way, just in case you're thinking of the Twilight werewolves. While it doesn't make vampire werewolves, it's extremely deadly to them and rapidly eats away at their health.

*Werewolves, in their human forms, have athletic bodies and greater senses, as well as a healing factor and the ability to see through the mist. Once transformed, they become very physically strong and slightly resistant to magic, though their sanity begins to slip away depending on how much control they have over it. Ordinary infected can only turn during either a full moon or a crimson moon (when it's forced), but your character might be experienced enough to transition in and out of the transformation at will, without a moon. Also, anything that isn't meat tastes like dust.

*Yes, Hybrids are allowed. Feel free to be creative when it comes to them. They can also be werewolves, but they might also not, that's a matter of genes.

*There's a small shining red comet in space that's constantly visible in the night sky. It's an amazing sight, and noticably larger than it was twenty years ago. Scientists predict that it will crash into Lath over the course of the next two centuries, but they aren't sure about its size yet.

*Elves supposedly existed thousands of years ago, leaving behind strange monuments in the form of glowing green stones and seeds that grow into whatever the planter wants them to grow into. Oh, and the current Vampire Lord has an adviser in the form of an elf awoken from a deep slumber. Feel free to use this information however you wish.

[/spoiler]

My biggest worry is that I won't get enough werewolves ._. I mean, I could do with an army of NPCs, but...

That, and the fact that the RP Info is ginormous. I have to simplify that somehow.

[b]Edit:[/b] YCM, what on earth is wrong with your code nowadays...?

I can't wait for this to be out * squeals* So I have a question how does the mist keep people in per say, is it like this mist in the Pokemon Darkrai movie, or is it like a physical barrier, and how far around Noirlune does it extend. Is the red moon also constantly in the sky now? 

@Aix: Yay :D

@Sapph: It's more like the one in the movie, but walking into it is also dangerous since you're basically walking into a werewolf trap. It also blocks off telephone communication. I'm not sure about its length, but probably half a kilometer? And no, the crimson moon appears randomly now. There's no telling what time it comes out.

Read your plot and noticed something, werewolves here are totally the victims here, ya terrorizing the city is bad but the way they were treat makes it an obvious outcome. If I join then I will be someone who is protesting the way werewolves were treated and is trying to end the conflict, though I haven't decided on a race yet. Also really interesting plot and I think I have a werewolf pic on photobucket that would work for just a basic how they look if you want to see it Mercy.

Read your plot and noticed something, werewolves here are totally the victims here, ya terrorizing the city is bad but the way they were treat makes it an obvious outcome. If I join then I will be someone who is protesting the way werewolves were treated and is trying to end the conflict, though I haven't decided on a race yet. Also really interesting plot and I think I have a werewolf pic on photobucket that would work for just a basic how they look if you want to see it Mercy.

Finally, a werewolf supporter that sees the reality!

It's true, and Sir Wylfred shares the exact same ideals your character will...though don't blame if s/he falls into a web of manipulation.

Um, wut? How is that different from any other Yu-Gi-Oh RP run on this site?

Relax Aix, he's just a new member, so he couldn't possibly know that ...

Would anyone be interested in a communal project Yu-Gi-Oh RP? With various kinds of custom card types and stuff.

Well, but I already registered for a Yu-Gi-Oh! RP ... so I'm sorry I'm not interested at the moment ... except, you can provide me with a good RP plot, I might be interested :D

Alright, people. I have been doing RPs for the past few years and they have run bland and useless, so I've planned a couple of ideas with a brief summary:

Idea 1: An antagonist point of view, a character dubbed 'The Saboteur' attempts to break in an American settlement and tries to steal valubles from the residents.

Idea 2: Another RP in an antagonist's point of view, set in a very distant future, a character has already taken over most of the entire planet, but a hero attempts to retake the remaining segments of the antagonist's countries from the antagonist.

Idea 3: Takes place in 1994, China sets out a war on America. The American president evacuated the entire country to England, leaving a young man to fight off China for America, dubbing that young man, a young hero. There will be cameos of people you may or may not know in this.

Idea 4: A world based on music alone. The music industry has come to a decline, so one person must step up to its pace and try to restore the industry, its economy and what it caters for. Gigs, studio recordings and stuff like that are possible.

So, what do you guys think?

Alright, people. I have been doing RPs for the past few years and they have run bland and useless, so I've planned a couple of ideas with a brief summary:

Idea 1: An antagonist point of view, a character dubbed 'The Saboteur' attempts to break in an American settlement and tries to steal valubles from the residents.

Idea 2: Another RP in an antagonist's point of view, set in a very distant future, a character has already taken over most of the entire planet, but a hero attempts to retake the remaining segments of the antagonist's countries from the antagonist.

Idea 3: Takes place in 1994, China sets out a war on America. The American president evacuated the entire country to England, leaving a young man to fight off China for America, dubbing that young man, a young hero. There will be cameos of people you may or may not know in this.

Idea 4: A world based on music alone. The music industry has come to a decline, so one person must step up to its pace and try to restore the industry, its economy and what it caters for. Gigs, studio recordings and stuff like that are possible.

So, what do you guys think?

I like the second and third ideas, the fourth one seems kind of bland, and there really wasn't enough information for the first one to make a decision. Idea 3 seems a little unbelieveable, just for the fact that one young man against the entire Chinese army. Also it's highly improbable that the entire population of our country could fit into England. 

Talking about Idea 3, that character surely won't be the only one.. Otherwise yeah, as you said, it would be impossible... Idea 3 mostly requires the help of some of the best RPers. We'll scrap the first idea and the fourth.

So, it's mainly between Ideas 2 and 3.

EDIT: Talking also about people being evacuated to England... There probably won't be many people left by the time Idea 3 starts being implemented.

Why would they evacuate? Nuclear weaponry? Nuclear bombs can land on England just as much as the States, and it would hit harder as there would be greater population density. Also, the US can't fit in Britain as pointed out before and I seriously doubt such a huge evacuation is possible.

If your intent is that the heroes are alone to face an army (I must admit, that is a pretty cool idea), what if some sci-fi aspect was found? The enemy had discovered the ultimate alien weapon, which simply sucked and trapped every living sentient being in an area into another dimension, however certain individuals were unaffected. Let's also say China (eh... I'm Chinese here... *offended*) wants to find some sort of thing in America, maybe America had also found some alien artifact. Then, the heroes have to face off the entire army, defend this artifact and also invade China to bring everyone back from the pocket dimension.

Idea 4: I had been thinking of writing a story before about a kid who loves music and makes a contract with a demon or with Satan himself to become popular and get incredible guitar skills. If the supernatural were introduced in such a fashion, it would make an interesting concept. Idea is really based off the myth of the Devil's Trill Sonata.

I've been considering making a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP, but still working out details. Of course, it isn't worth the effort if nobody is interested. 

It's actually a remake of a much older RP, not made by me. I asked the cohost of the RP about it, considering the host has left YCM, and he said he no problem if I did.

Basic plot stuff: Group of friends turn into various Pokemon, one-three get separated from the rest, one side ends up with the evil guys, the other with the good. They end up going on journey to find missing friends along with being sent out for various missions depending on the side.

There would only be about 4-6 in the group of friends, but that wouldn't be all that could join. There's always the need for side characters, which if someone was interested in they could PM me about it and we could discuss the best way to go about implementing their character into the main story.

Of course, that's only a really basic view, and there are a few other things I have in mind for it, but I'm about to pass out so I figured I would end this post here just to see if I get any reception.

Though this thread does look pretty dead.

Archived