so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright...new ideas...new ideas! Please note that no huge plot ideas have been drawn out yet...but these are random ideas that I can possibly base an RP on. A way to look at these would be...interest checking ^^

[spoiler=Numero 1]

Gundam Build Fighters

In short, build your own Gunpla (Gundam Replica) and go to tournaments and those alike to battle other player's Gunplas. Like in the anime, there will be building and rebuilding on Gunpla, cause goodness knows that once a Gunpla Battle is over, most of the time the opponent's Gunpla is totally wrecked.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Numero 2]

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

In the past, I had TWO failed RPs that stemmed from this series. However, I believe it is mainly cause I was working to try and replicate an almost similar story to the anime itself. However, I believe that with my skills at this moment, inspiration for a much better overall RP story may show itself. However it still will involve the Vongola family, but with whatever twist I can manage.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Numero 3]

Original Idea

In a sense it has a bit of a Shaman King-esque feel along with other ghost and spirit animes and games. In short, a phenomenon happens that blesses the human race with the gift and abilities of certain passed on members of the Earth's timeline (i.e. Alexander the Great, Attila the Hun, etc.) as they are called "Spirit Trackers". A group of these beings, being led by a person who has gained access to Moriarty's spirit prepares for war on the entire Earth. A basic, good vs. evil plotline and story.

[/spoiler]

I like the idea on Numero 3, Sonic. Don't anything about the other two, haven't watched those animes, so can't really say anything regarding those.

^^ Same. I would be more than glad to join an RP like that.

Once my current RP is stable, I plan to have another.

[spoiler=Nao's Legacy - Tyranny of the Sun Deity]
A long time ago, an evil sea demon created a flood upon the Lost Island, destroying all upon it and all the deities and people who inhabited it. There was only one who was capable of living through this - Nao, goddess of water, nature, virginity, and most importantly, the last living member of the Lost Pantheon. By guiding two of each animal up her legendary ship Arc Lir, and steering it away from her land, she and the beasts of her land managed to survive the unholy impact

When her ship went ashore, the animals scattered, and Nao went along after desummoning her ship. It was only a matter of time before a few people found her and imprisoned her in a cell, stripped of her belongings should they be used to escape, where she found other cellmates too.

Shortly after, a prison guard who claimed to be a double-crossing member of some 'Lunar Chapter' freed them and asked them but one favour - to fight with the Lunar Chapter, a rebellion against the tyrannical Solar God-Emperor.[/spoiler]

Okay, I'm back in the game again. I have an idea for an RP

[spoiler=Idea]

So, born into a relatively small country. As far as you know, you're all that's left after a giant war. The city is divided into several schools of magic that live in their own complexes. Right now, these are the schools I have:
[spoiler=Schools of Magic]

Polygial: Magic relating to body transformation. (I.E. Shape shifting, Changing your body into different elements)

Celestial: Magic relating to the heavens and light. Mostly healing with a few blinding and evasion techniques

Elemental: Pretty straight forward. Study one or two elements, then use them as weapons. (I.E. Electricity, Fire)

Dictial: Magic relating to using deception and trickery to get what you want. Mostly associated with evilness and not generally trusted.

Arborial: Magic associated with plants and insects (I.E. Using a tree as a barricade, tripping opponents with vines)

Ebonial: Magic associated with the darkness. Also very sneaky, but in an undetectable sense. (I.E. Transportation through shadows, lots of shadows.)

(Schools of magic could be submitted by other players to be considered)
[/spoiler]

Usually, at about age 16, all kids must choose a school of magic to enter into and hopefully master. There is an initiation process, chosen by the school, that the kids must pass in order to enter under the protection and teaching of the school. If you fail, you wil be cast out, weak and powerless. Or so they say. There is rumor that the outcast have found a new form of magic, and are plotting revenge, but the stories are mostly told around fires and under blankets.

The schools govern themselves and there is a top secret council that has representatives from each school that speaks on the welfare of all the schools and their relations. The factions are generally equal and are relatively peaceful. But there have been strange happenings,people going missing..... Some believe to be connected to the Mangiject, a mysterious being thought to be the source of magic and the schools. Whispers in the halls of the initiation dorms and hushed tones among the adults are all that are heard of him, wether it is a legitimate fear or only superstition, one thing is for sure..... Things will not stay as peaceful as they used to be.

You will play as an initiate, and other positions are open as second or third characters. Most of the initiates will have a weapon to co-inside with their magic, as well as learn to summon a familiar to aid them.
[/spoiler]
A co-host would be great, as I'm just getting back into things and exams are coming up soon for me.

Summer is approaching and I thought it would be time to break from my usual massive 20-man heavily action-oriented RPs to a relaxing small-scale RP focusing heavily on the daily interactions of our main characters. It will be Limited Acceptance, I will only be taking 3-4 people (and only one character per person), but you are free to submit up to three apps to try to make it in.

There are two RP ideas, and I'm just seeing if you guys are interested and which you'd be interested in.

A. December 23rd, shopping mall in Manhattan was struck by a suicide bomber and 42 people died instantly without an idea of what happened, waking up in an idyllic fantasy afterlife world with no memories of their past life. They find themselves in a small, empty seaside village near the mountains, surrounded by the most beautiful scenery imaginable and perfectly sized for them to live while completely isolated and self-sufficient. Anything they don't have is provided for them in a fully stocked storehouse.

One girl, however, is different from the others. She woke up on a hill, before a large tombstone inscribed upon it the names of the 42 people who died, with her name, Elisa, at the very top. She has all her memories, painful memories, of her past life, and, in addition, she carries the memories of the 41 other people in the village.

A story of redemption as their fantasy world slowly starts to crumble and dark happenings occur. The key to salvation lies within Elisa, but dare she reveal her darkest secret?

#Psychological #Slice of Life #Fantasy

B. One thousand years ago (cue long and tired sigh), the forces of Entropy threatened the world, but the Savior had appeared to save them all in sacrificing her own life to create a weapon for the Hero to wield. However, right before the sacrificial ritual the Savior suddenly disappeared. After a decade of hard war, the forces of Entropy were pushed back, but at the cost that the world all fallen into ruin, almost everything was destroyed and mankind was left to pick up the pieces.

Now in present day, the world has nearly returned to a stable state, you form a small travelling caravan, and a vital link and lifeline between the villages of the world. On a particularly dark night, cheery young girl finds her way to your camp, chased by wolves. After you rescue her, she gives you a small gem in return, and then offers you her amulet, an incredibly old and expensive work worth more than everything you own combined, in exchange for helping her find her way back to her homeland - the lost kingdom of Altria.

#Fantasy #Slice of Life #Adventure

A is considerably closer to completion than B, but I like them equally. Both will start off very relaxing, but make their way to becoming more serious, and, perhaps, dark.

A - Sounds deep as Mariana Trench, but a wee bit too single-character driven at the moment.

B - Sounds adventurous, interesting, I like it a lot.

My thoughts, more or less. I'd be interested in both, but I think im a fan of B moreso than A. That said, slice of life in general would be a nice change of pace, and while dark is good, something a little more light hearted might be refreshing, too.

Hey, thought I'd have a look after our chat earlier.

I think the first idea is a very cool story, but like Kyng says it does look a little bit from the outside like it's all about Elisa and everyone else has to act kinda all blissy and ignorant. If you know what I mean.

I think as a CW piece it would be cool to read, but not sure how it would work in RP terms (although I have no idea how anything works in RP terms) Same is applicable for idea 2. Please explain further.

A - Sounds deep as Mariana Trench, but a wee bit too single-character driven at the moment.B - Sounds adventurous, interesting, I like it a lot.

My thoughts, more or less. I'd be interested in both, but I think im a fan of B moreso than A. That said, slice of life in general would be a nice change of pace, and while dark is good, something a little more light hearted might be refreshing, too.

Hey, thought I'd have a look after our chat earlier.

I think the first idea is a very cool story, but like Kyng says it does look a little bit from the outside like it's all about Elisa and everyone else has to act kinda all blissy and ignorant. If you know what I mean.

I think as a CW piece it would be cool to read, but not sure how it would work in RP terms (although I have no idea how anything works in RP terms) Same is applicable for idea 2. Please explain further.

As I said, both are slice of life so the plot has considerably less impact at first, a lot of time will be devoted to said slice of life while plot subtly creeps in.

In A, do note that while people undoubtedly will form suspicions, but there is no evidence and nothing to really suggest who exactly she is. I will also give Elisa powers so there's also suspicions that she is an angel. It will focus on you getting used to this new world and working together (fishing, farming, etc.) in a lighthearted/heartwarming mood, while slowly the main cast comes together as a group. The psychological aspect will then fall on you as plot starts. [spoiler=It's pretty obvious but spoiler anyway]Can you forgive the person who killed you?[/spoiler] In addition, you will find out the truth before anyone else as one of her friends and it may be up to you to save everyone as doomsday approaches and Elisa has yet to confess.

B will basically be a standard adventure RP but focuses mainly on the characters' interaction in the absence of action. For anyone who has seen or read Spice and Wolf, this is a lot like that.

The psychological aspect will then fall on you as plot starts. [spoiler=It's pretty obvious but spoiler anyway]Can you forgive the person who killed you?[/spoiler] In addition, you will find out the truth before anyone else as one of her friends and it may be up to you to save everyone as doomsday approaches and Elisa has yet to confess.

Oh for goodness' sake? *facedesk*

I feel like such a dumbass now :(

Well, if I had a gun pointed to my head, I'd choose A, but to be honest, I don't like either of them all that much. Not really a fan of fantasy :/

BUT ANYWAY, I've a few ideas of my own for a possible RP to launch. They are...

a.) A slice of life/harem RP, where Aki Kimura, our lucky guy in question, has managed to get himself enrolled into a girls only high school via a perfect disguise as a female student. Because of that perfect disguise, Aki spent a solid few years at the school without anyone catching him out, and is initially confident that his final year will go the same way. However, that confidence is shattered when Aki and the new principal of his school, his own mother, recognize each other right off the bat. Even worse, the superintendent eventually grows suspicious that there's a trap in the school as well, and plans to make a full sweep search of all students enrolled.

b.) An open world Pokemon RP that takes place in the Kalos Region. While beginning and professional trainers alike strive to be Pokemon Masters, Team Rocket sets up base [acronym='more specifically, where Lysandre used to run his labs']deep within Lumiose City[/acronym], and with their return comes a sinister plot. Giovanni returns as Team Rocket's head honcho, but not only does he have a more reliable group of Admins to guide the army of Team Rocket Grunts, but he himself also has a brand new team of Pokemon.

...and finally...

c.) A good old-fashioned zombie apocalypse RP, that'll probably run similarly to High School of the Dead. Here, you start off in a high school in America, only just being caught in the outbreak. There are only a few of you alive, and you'll have to work together and hatch a plan to escape the school as quickly and [acronym='like HOTD, the zombies won't be able to see, but WILL react to sound']quietly[/acronym] as possible. By the time you do, however, you'll be quick to realize that the zombie outbreak hasn't just affected your school, or even just your town, but the entire country and other parts of the world. All you can do now is try to find a cache of military weapons, and hold off the zombie invasion. After all, it's your only chance of survival in this god-forsaken wasteland.

Thoughts on any of them?

B it is, I'm probably going to have it up in two weeks or so after I think everything through. 

Imma go with A, even though I know I won't make it into the the RP cuz I just got back here

Not really, I'm judging on how interesting your character is.

B)Might be beautiful with the right process for separating characters so it's not 31 caravan-...ers?

Up to 15 people in the caravan, so up to 10 or so side characters. Deviously, I'm probably going to use some of the submitted apps for NPC profiles and adjust them to suit my purposes if the creators allow me.

Alright...new ideas...new ideas! Please note that no huge plot ideas have been drawn out yet...but these are random ideas that I can possibly base an RP on. A way to look at these would be...interest checking ^^

[spoiler=Numero 3]

Original Idea

In a sense it has a bit of a Shaman King-esque feel along with other ghost and spirit animes and games. In short, a phenomenon happens that blesses the human race with the gift and abilities of certain passed on members of the Earth's timeline (i.e. Alexander the Great, Attila the Hun, etc.) as they are called "Spirit Trackers". A group of these beings, being led by a person who has gained access to Moriarty's spirit prepares for war on the entire Earth. A basic, good vs. evil plotline and story.

[/spoiler]

I like the idea on Numero 3, Sonic. Don't anything about the other two, haven't watched those animes, so can't really say anything regarding those.

^^ Same. I would be more than glad to join an RP like that.

I agree, I like this idea. 

Me too.

Apparently everyone seems to like my third option. So I'll probably get to work on making this happen. So would anyone like to help and co-host this with me, this way I get more ideas to add.

B it is, I'm probably going to have it up in two weeks or so after I think everything through. 

Not really, I'm judging on how interesting your character is.

Up to 15 people in the caravan, so up to 10 or so side characters. Deviously, I'm probably going to use some of the submitted apps for NPC profiles and adjust them to suit my purposes if the creators allow me.

I'll just through my support behind B as well since I love me some fantasy. So I take it you'll be running this and Blueblood at the same time?

As for Admiral's idea, I like B the best.

Once Merciful's Grand Crossover RP is finished, I might start my own. I've mentioned my Kingdom Hearts roleplay on this thread a couple times before, and I think the easiest way to go about making it more than it was is to just have it follow the idea of Pathway to Origin.

Last time I talked about this, I had suggested four factions, but that could get really complicated real fast, so I'm going to go back to two, but it would be folding things together. I still want to follow the "Friends and the High Council" idea, so our "good" team will be Agents of the High Council, which includes Balthazar Blake and his apprentices, and our "evil" team will be the Inner Circle, led by Kreix's Organization, and doubles as the villain faction I brought up last time. The idea of random characters that can be tied in with Kingdom Hearts can used for both factions. However, as this is a GCRP, I'm abandoning the need to tie it into Kingdom Hearts. Like Merciful is doing, it could be anything from a movie, television show, book, or game, to something that is best described as "fan work".

However, I will need to consider the use of "main" characters. Those would be too obvious of choices, and would likely be more powerful than others, but if I didn't allow main heroes, then I probably shouldn't also allow main villains. If you want to use someone from your own work, though, then anything goes.

Also, something I'd like to stress is that one character from 13th Requiem stood out to me, and I saw a couple people do something similar in Pathway to Origin, so I will just say this now: If you want to use a mysterious character with vague ambitions, who lurks in the shadows, watching everyone's move, but is an all-powerful figure who simply finds it "beneath" them to get involved in events they deem "insignificant", you will not be welcome. That kind of character is horribly boring and obnoxious, and you will likely be the only one to care about them. If you've seen Digimon Xros Wars, then you will know of Bagramon. I hate Bagramon. He is one of the worst villains in recent memory to me. If I see you make a character that reminds me of Bagramon, or Emperor Palpatine for that matter, I will not accept them, so don't even try to think of ways you can fit such a character into a story that you really don't know enough about.

If you're planning on making a character like that just to spite for going on about this sort of thing like I am, you are wasting your time. It is ultimately my roleplay, and after 13th Requiem, I want to learn to not be so easily swayed by characters who might provide another element to the plot, because between 13th Requiem and Pathway to Origin, I realized that such a character just does not work. Granted, I myself am guilty of this in Pathway to Origin, but I went in with the knowledge of what I was doing, and I feel confident that my character served more of a purpose than the examples I am thinking of (Though that's a seriously heavy bias on my part), which amounted to "Ooh, look at me, I'm ~mysterious~! Aren't I the most special snowflake? Oh, you won't to know if I truly am a special snowflake? Too bad, I'm ~mysterious~, so I won't tell you."

Just go watch Linkara's review of the Power and Responsibility storyline from the Clone Saga. His stuff about Judas Traveller should be a lesson to the kind of character I don't want.

Now that the rants out of the way, here's a recap of the story.

Worlds are being ripped apart.

Someone who wants to follow in the footsteps of Xemnas is orchestrating these cataclysms so he can create Kingdom Hearts.

Merlin's successor has apprentices, and with the help of a bunch of other people who have had their worlds destroyed, they will bring the fight to the one who is destroying the worlds.

Such is the tale of Requiem for Avalon.

Archived