so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I've decided to scrap that idea in favor of a new one, thanks to help from Merciful Idiot and Phantom Roxas.

The year is 2084. Over 50 years ago, Yusei Fudo managed to save Neo Domino City from utter destruction at the hands of Z-One, and change the course of history forever.

He set to work spreading Momentum across the globe, giving the entire world unlimited energy for free, while also rebuilding Yliaster to help ensure that Z-One's future would never come to pass.

Yliaster thanked Yusei for all of his work by ending his life, and taking control of both Neo Domino and the Global Momentum System, starting the "Age of Momentum".

However, Yusei, in all of his genius, could never quite figure out how to close the portal to the Underworld in the B.A.D. Area of Old Domino, the island city that used to be Satellite.

And now, the portal has started to build back up to critical mass, causing a new generation of Yliaster's oldest foes to emerge, seeking to topple the "Age of Momentum" and bring about Hell on Earth.

The Earthbound Immortals have returned.

Actually, I've decided to scrap that idea in favor of a new one, thanks to help from Merciful Idiot and Phantom Roxas.

The year is 2084. Over 50 years ago, Yusei Fudo managed to save Neo Domino City from utter destruction at the hands of Z-One, and change the course of history forever.

He set to work spreading Momentum across the globe, giving the entire world unlimited energy for free, while also rebuilding Yliaster to help ensure that Z-One's future would never come to pass.

Yliaster thanked Yusei for all of his work by ending his life, and taking control of both Neo Domino and the Global Momentum System, starting the "Age of Momentum".

However, Yusei, in all of his genius, could never quite figure out how to close the portal to the Underworld in the B.A.D. Area of Old Domino, the island city that used to be Satellite.

And now, the portal has started to build back up to critical mass, causing a new generation of Yliaster's oldest foes to emerge, seeking to topple the "Age of Momentum" and bring about Hell on Earth.

Would new Earthbound Immortals be at play? Also do you HAVE to have watched the end of 5Ds? 

As a whole, sounds kinda interesting. I have been wanting to take part in a YuGiOh RP

Well I'll still join, in fact I like this idea better than the last one.

Would new Earthbound Immortals be at play? Also do you HAVE to have watched the end of 5Ds? 

As a whole, sounds kinda interesting. I have been wanting to take part in a YuGiOh RP

New EIs and maybe even Signer Dragons would be at play.

Furthermore, the Dark Signers are the only ones that can use Xyzs.

And the new EIs will also be Xyzs.

Well I'll still join, in fact I like this idea better than the last one.

Thank you.

I want to get into a yugioh RP, but my only question is: are we going to run the pvp duels on DN?

Not at all.
Instead of dueling like that, the combatants use PMs to work out how the fight will go, what monsters they want to use, and what combos they wish to execute.

It's much more civilized, and it allows the egos of the players to not conflict too much with each other.

New EIs and maybe even Signer Dragons would be at play.

Furthermore, the Dark Signers are the only ones that can use Xyzs.

And the new EIs will also be Xyzs.

xyz ebi's, r u insayn brah?

Anyway, can we still use the old EBI's as well as the new ones? And does it matter what rank we have the new EBI's at?

xyz ebi's, r u insayn brah?

Anyway, can we still use the old EBI's as well as the new ones? And does it matter what rank we have the new EBI's at?

No Numbers, old Signer Dragons, old EIs, RUMs, CXyzs, HEROs, or Pendulums.

Everything else, save for the Xyz limit on non-Dark Signers, is fair game.

Hmm... I'll ask one more question.

Say I have a Synchro monster that has Dragon in its name, but its actual printed type is Zombie or Spellcaster or something. If I then add an effect that says "This card is also treated as a Dragon-type monster", could I get away with calling it my Signer Dragon? Or do the Signer Dragons have to have Dragon as their printed types?

Hmm... I'll ask one more question.

Say I have a Synchro monster that has Dragon in its name, but its actual printed type is Zombie or Spellcaster or something. If I then add an effect that says "This card is also treated as a Dragon-type monster", could I get away with calling it my Signer Dragon? Or do the Signer Dragons have to have Dragon as their printed types?

Considering Power Tool Dragon was a Machine, as long as it is within the LV7-8 range, a Synchro, looks like a Dragon, and not too out of place, you can probably get away with it.

Of course, they will be approved on a case-by-case basis.

And customs are highly encouraged.

Assuming that the thread doesn't get up and all the apps are filled before friday, I am totally game for this.

Actually, I'm not putting any limits on the number of Signers, Dark or Dragon, save for a minimum of 5 each.

Once we get that, including the leaders of each, then we can start, but I will keep accepting apps.

Just some leadership positions will be the ones up for grabs.

I doubt this'll get enough positive feedback to get its own thread, but... Just imagining people walking through Roz, climbing the Spiral Tower, visiting the Bladewood forest, and generally interacting with my world makes me smile a little.

While I despise sandbox RPs, there's no good way to go about this unless it's a sandbox RP. Basically, there's a world parallel to ours named Sozoryoku. Just by knowing about it, you can switch between living there and in our world, often times mistaken as a very lucid dream by those who enter for the first time. Inside it is, basically, exactly like a lucid dream. You can do anything you imagine, from black holes to swords to Gurren Lagann levels of ridiculously sized mechs. Your imagination is the limit.

If enough people like this idea, I will go more in depth in its OoC post.

I doubt this'll get enough positive feedback to get its own thread, but... Just imagining people walking through Roz, climbing the Spiral Tower, visiting the Bladewood forest, and generally interacting with my world makes me smile a little.

While I despise sandbox RPs, there's no good way to go about this unless it's a sandbox RP. Basically, there's a world parallel to ours named Sozoryoku. Just by knowing about it, you can switch between living there and in our world, often times mistaken as a very lucid dream by those who enter for the first time. Inside it is, basically, exactly like a lucid dream. You can do anything you imagine, from black holes to swords to Gurren Lagann levels of ridiculously sized mechs. Your imagination is the limit.

I say go for it.

If you have a good enough idea on how to further flesh out the world, and expand upon what's there, I think this could be an interesting experiment.

If you like, I can help to create some sort of plot. I'm not the best RPer, but I take pride in my world building. PM me or add me on Skype and we can figure something out.

If you like, I can help to create some sort of plot. I'm not the best RPer, but I take pride in my world building. PM me or add me on Skype and we can figure something out.

Count me in, too.

I want in on this, too. It'll give me a chance to help someone for a change. Add me into this. I'll help however I can.

PM sent.

So any update on a plot for this? If you need one, I can probably come up with an at least decent one.

Everyone just kind of read what I had. Ryuko asked a couple questions, but that's it, so no plot update, really.

One question, though: how does this forum see sandbox RPs? Are they mainly just for forum wide RPs or are they for any RP? While I despise sandbox RPs personally, that's what my world is, a super massive sandbox.

I've got the basic mechanics of how everything works down, but if the forum dislikes sandbox RPs, I'm open to actual help, rather than just reading a draft and leaving it at that.

Archived