so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would anyone be interested in a reboot of my old RP, PKMN: Tournament of Legends?

Hoping for a different cast anyway, and just merely noting interest at this point. I will be wanting to settle back into school before I kick things off

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/321489-pkmn-tournament-of-legends-pg16not-startedalways-accepting/

I lied. I got everything together way faster than I thought I would. 

Hi again.  Looking to start a scratch rp, with a different flavor to it.  My ideas are thus:

• The main antagonist, "Dream That", has stumbled upon a source of magic power from his fictional world, and into the world of the living.  His goal is to lead a new world order, but he feels glum and downhearted about chasing this.  As such, he has gathered an audience.  He's a bit off his rocker, but most of the time, riddled with glee.  In accordance to his own way, he has set a series of "stages", much like in a play.  The starting locating will be Uganda, and each Act of the play will take place in a different location.  He will also be streaming the events of the play, it's "actors", and it's accidental participants to the world.  Oh and uh, when I said he had set stages, he literally has set stages up.  I'll cover details if I can get this off the ground.  And if you're wondering, "Dream That" is his name.
  • Among his legion of henchmen are his four "children", each with unique abilities.  They will play out Act closers, and often be an obstacle of the protagonists.  That being said, they won't be the only threat.
  • I've intended for there to be unique characters for players, and expect "super powers" or "magics" or what have you, to be used.  My intended theme for the role-play is fantasy / horror / psychological / action.
  • I intend to use some real life events and persons of history for reference and plot, so I'm hoping that will hype this up a bit.

That's the gist of it.  I already have locations picked for each Act that I don't want to spoil, and stages will be revealed upon players traversing to the next Act.  I'm hoping to create maps so that players will have a better idea of the stage instead of relying on the physical world map of these real time locations.  To simplify, real life locations will be used ONLY TO SET UP THE STAGE.  THE ACT BEGINNING WILL TAKE PLAYERS TO A FICTIONAL WORLD INSIDE THESE REAL WORLD LOCATIONS.

Character creation will look something like this:

Character Standards (name, background (up to recent history), age, weapons, powers, & equipment, allegiance).

--EDIT:  Removed special ability limit

Character limit to be determined

Thread underway

So uh, yeah, there it is.  If anyone is interested and I can get four or more players to show some interest (a co-host is optional) I'd love to get this started.  Let me know what you guys think.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/321500-sou-l-everlasting-ooc-not-started-accepting-pg-13-looking-for-co-host/

Managed to get this off the ground.  Look forward to having you all.  ^_^

IsNgq6A.png

So instead of Clockwork Souls exactly, I'm going for a similar steampunk military theme except set in the Far East. Will be the same universe as Clockwork Souls, but several centuries prior, and slight changes to the Animus system (which in the Far East is called ki or qi). The Far East is really just a jumble of Asia-inspired provinces and kingdoms that are constantly at odds with each other, but one man decides he will set everything straight. Oda Nobunaga, the young lord of Owari, (just borrowing the name and some stuff, but otherwise this is a very different universe from ours) has decided he will conquer the world, and he is backed by a group of European exiles (Columbus, who in this universe actually managed to reach the Orient leading exiled nobles fleeing the Holy Empire of Britannia) with their Renaissance steampunk technology. Right now he is gathering allies and preparing his army of Karakuri puppets (automata as well as mecha).

Basically you are someone who has joined Nobunaga's cause, maybe you were someone who was already under his command, maybe you are one of the Europeans, or maybe you came to him deciding that he was someone worthy of your services. It is a straightforward conquest plot in a steampunk universe. Combat-wise, you can be an Operator, someone who controls Karakuri, or a martial artist or ninja of some sort.

Thoughts? Interest?

Karakuri Souls huh. So, exact same mechanisms, different names?

Sounds like a plan to me.

Say, I still have that Smash-esque plan up my mind. Should I limit the possible roster to Sega and Nintendo characters only, or should I make it some sort of 'YCM Roleplay Battle Royale' where only characters used in other YCM Roleplays or Fanfics are allowed?

Karakuri Souls huh. So, exact same mechanisms, different names?

Sounds like a plan to me.

Say, I still have that Smash-esque plan up my mind. Should I limit the possible roster to Sega and Nintendo characters only, or should I make it some sort of 'YCM Roleplay Battle Royale' where only characters used in other YCM Roleplays or Fanfics are allowed?

The latter would be pretty fun! Although, what sort of plot would this RP have, since we can't just have a free for all battle RP?

The latter would be pretty fun! Although, what sort of plot would this RP have, since we can't just have a free for all battle RP?

Ah yes. This will be a problem. Maybe we could do something like Rivals in Playstation Allstar, and the Subspace Emissary in Smash Bros Melee.

IsNgq6A.png

So instead of Clockwork Souls exactly, I'm going for a similar steampunk military theme except set in the Far East. Will be the same universe as Clockwork Souls, but several centuries prior, and slight changes to the Animus system (which in the Far East is called ki or qi). The Far East is really just a jumble of Asia-inspired provinces and kingdoms that are constantly at odds with each other, but one man decides he will set everything straight. Oda Nobunaga, the young lord of Owari, (just borrowing the name and some stuff, but otherwise this is a very different universe from ours) has decided he will conquer the world, and he is backed by a group of European exiles (Columbus, who in this universe actually managed to reach the Orient leading exiled nobles fleeing the Holy Empire of Britannia) with their Renaissance steampunk technology. Right now he is gathering allies and preparing his army of Karakuri puppets (automata as well as mecha).

Basically you are someone who has joined Nobunaga's cause, maybe you were someone who was already under his command, maybe you are one of the Europeans, or maybe you came to him deciding that he was someone worthy of your services. It is a straightforward conquest plot in a steampunk universe. Combat-wise, you can be an Operator, someone who controls Karakuri, or a martial artist or ninja of some sort.

Thoughts? Interest?

Well, it's certainly a welcome break from seeing schools in the RPs. Gets boring after a while.

Initially, I've become annoyed with the idea of one man trying to conquer the world, but then I realized, "I can just stab him in the back, or create my own nation and fight him, or some other stupidly lulzy sh*t." Which is what I'm going to love if I even stick with those ideas, let alone even remembering them.

I think I'll like this a little bit more than Clockwork Souls based on initial idea.

Hmmmm...

[spoiler=Super YCM Roleplay Allstars Battle Royale Smash Bros Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series 2014 Edition and Knuckles (Prototype working name that will obviously be changed, need suggestions)]
Yugioh Card Maker has been down for a week. Something has been going on. No one knows what has happened, no one but three very unfortunate people...

~~~

Three very unfortunate members of YCM have been sucked into the Yugioh Card Maker Forum. They noticed many odd settings and out-of-this-world characters. What they don't realise is that they have been sucked into the multiversal fusion of the Creative Writing and Roleplay Sections of YCM.

~~~

The very characters generated by the minds and pens of YCM members, too, find themselves in this odd situation. Some have even intended to dig deep into this situation.[/spoiler]

So yes, basic plotline. I will build on it once I get an appropriate name. Basically, 3 YCM Members and a lot of RP/Fanfic characters from this site only. Smash Bros style. Also since this is YCM, Yugioh Cards and other items from other RPs fall from the sky.

Hmmmm...

[spoiler=Super YCM Roleplay Allstars Battle Royale Smash Bros Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series 2014 Edition and Knuckles (Prototype working name that will obviously be changed, need suggestions)]
Yugioh Card Maker has been down for a week. Something has been going on. No one knows what has happened, no one but three very unfortunate people...

~~~

Three very unfortunate members of YCM have been sucked into the Yugioh Card Maker Forum. They noticed many odd settings and out-of-this-world characters. What they don't realise is that they have been sucked into the multiversal fusion of the Creative Writing and Roleplay Sections of YCM.

~~~

The very characters generated by the minds and pens of YCM members, too, find themselves in this odd situation. Some have even intended to dig deep into this situation.[/spoiler]

So yes, basic plotline. I will build on it once I get an appropriate name. Basically, 3 YCM Members and a lot of RP/Fanfic characters from this site only. Smash Bros style. Also since this is YCM, Yugioh Cards and other items from other RPs fall from the sky.

...pffffffffff I love this idea so much. 

Hmmmm...

~~~

~~~

I think I just got a little wet...

In all seriousness, would love to help out with this RP, so feel free to PM me anytime. Definitely looking forward to this!

Hmmmm...

~~~

~~~

Yes, please. I would join this in heartbeat.

So, for my Super Smash Allstar featuring Knuckles etc etc etc should I make it so that the three members whoget sucked into the virtual realm take the form of characters they have previously roleplayed as, or should they just wield guns and combat knives and launch into battle?

So, Zai (with my help) is working on a Sci-fi mecha RP that drew some inspiration from Gundam/Armored Core.

The base so far(subject to change in the final product):

[spoiler='Basic Stuffs']

100~ years from now, pollution and world wars had devastated Earth, leaving many parts of it completely uninhabitable. After a treaty, the United Nations assimilated most of the world's government into it, creating a World Government. Though, without any advancements regarding space colonialization, they decided to just build the Shells, around 20-30 supermassive floating platforms acting as an artificial floating lands in the upper atmosphere for habitation.

But of course, not everyone can go into them, and they get occupied fully fast, leaving many of the surviving humans still in the blasted earth. Without much way to resist, the ones left behind gritted their teeth and tried their best to survive in the barely alive planet, creating biodomes to support living.

This situation lasted for 80~ years until a war broke out for several reasons. At that point one of the mainly used units in the battlefield are humongous mechs called "Combat Frames". But later on, one side learned to develop a new type of those mechs, utilizing a special brainwave pattern to synchronize the pilots better with their mechs, increasing their performance. These mechs were later be called as "Synchro Frames".

The story itself will focus on an elite recon unit consisting of mostly new-ish Synchro Frame pilots tasked in covert operations across the territory of the surface people (the one that's left behind on earth), as they do missions for their superiors and slowly learning about the true nature of the war.

[/spoiler]

tl;dr get into the cockpit, shoot things down, get drama.

Anyone interested?

So, for my Super Smash Allstar featuring Knuckles etc etc etc should I make it so that the three members whoget sucked into the virtual realm take the form of characters they have previously roleplayed as, or should they just wield guns and combat knives and launch into battle?

I think either is fine, but having them roleplay as their YCM persona would be interesting, imo. 

They could also take the appearances of their avatars with forum themed attacks.

So, Zai (with my help) is working on a Sci-fi mecha RP that drew some inspiration from Gundam/Armored Core.

The base so far(subject to change in the final product):

[spoiler='Basic Stuffs']

100~ years from now, pollution and world wars had devastated Earth, leaving many parts of it completely uninhabitable. After a treaty, the United Nations assimilated most of the world's government into it, creating a World Government. Though, without any advancements regarding space colonialization, they decided to just build the Shells, around 20-30 supermassive floating platforms acting as an artificial floating lands in the upper atmosphere for habitation.

But of course, not everyone can go into them, and they get occupied fully fast, leaving many of the surviving humans still in the blasted earth. Without much way to resist, the ones left behind gritted their teeth and tried their best to survive in the barely alive planet, creating biodomes to support living.

This situation lasted for 80~ years until a war broke out for several reasons. At that point one of the mainly used units in the battlefield are humongous mechs called "Combat Frames". But later on, one side learned to develop a new type of those mechs, utilizing a special brainwave pattern to synchronize the pilots better with their mechs, increasing their performance. These mechs were later be called as "Synchro Frames".

The story itself will focus on an elite recon unit consisting of mostly new-ish Synchro Frame pilots tasked in covert operations across the territory of the surface people (the one that's left behind on earth), as they do missions for their superiors and slowly learning about the true nature of the war.

[/spoiler]

tl;dr get into the cockpit, shoot things down, get drama.

Anyone interested?

Yes.  Very.

Forum themed attacks? What would that be?

Le banhammer. Le most OP weapon that 1-hit KOs anyone.

^This. Seriously locks, topics, posts and the like all converted into combat attacks. Though internet themed attacks would probably be better, because they would allow for more diversity. 

Archived