so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

Thanks, I kind of have the plot figured out, six main characters at a new school called The Yugioh Academy, a school built by Dr. Faker, Kazuma Tsukomo, and Byron "Vetrix" Arclight. The administrators are Yugi Muto, Jaden Yuki, Yusei Fudo, Yuma Tsukomo, and Yuya Sakaki. The principals are Seto, Chazz, Jack, and Kite. The teachers are Maxemillion Pegasus, Mr. Kay, Quinton Arclight, Quattro Arclight, Trey Arclight, Vellian Crowler, Rio Castle, Leo and Luna, Akiza Izinski, Noboru Gongenzaka, Shuzou Hiragi, Hokuto Shijima, Masumi Kotsu, Yaiba Todo, Tea Gardner, Alexis Rhodes, Master Roku and Kaze, and Zane and Syrus Truesdale. Student Council Leaders are The Seven Barian Emperors, Tori Meadows, Yuzu Hiragi, Mai Valentine, and Luna (the number hunter) (Tori, Yuzu, Mai and Luna are there to keep the Barians from going power hungery(mostly Vector)). Hallway patrol is Nistro, Dextra, Sora, Mokuba, and Hart (Sora, Mokuba and Dextra lead the group because they don't normally find trouble easily). New student tour guids are Marik, Bakura, Tristan, Joey, Serenity, Crow, Jesse, and Kari Tsukomo. Troublemakers are Flip Turner, Weevil Underwood, Bonz, and Rex Raptor. The Gagaga Academy administrators are Dark Magician, Elemental HERO Neos, Stardust Dragon, Number 39: Utopia, and Odd Eyes Pendulem Dragon. Main villain supporters are Mr. Heartland, Dartz, Don Thousand, Paradox, and Brron the Mad King of Dark World (Don Thousand is the leader of the group because of Number Ci1000: Numeronius Numeronia, the others don't think he should be leader). The main villain of the whole thing is El-Shadoll Nephilim, who wants to take control of both monster and man, she will betray her supporters when she unleashes the shadow snare. (Sorry, I just had to get all the characters down first). The six main characters are enrolled and take the tour, soon they arrive at the audotorium to be introduced, however Seto wanted to challange one of them and their signature archetype of cards. The school itself prides itself with solid vision, so the duel between Seto and the student turns to be a Motar Action Duel. But the one thing about the six main characters is that they have a connection to the world of monsters, evetually when Seto and the student's signature cards are about to finish the duel, an annomaly struck, and so the adventure begins. I don't want to reveal too much, just the characters and how the story begins. So, what do you all think?

Woah! That's a lot of names! 

I think you would be A LOT better off steering away from using so many canon characters in your RP. It is definitely a major turn off for me, and I doubt I would apply for an RP that banks so heavily on already existing characters. Also, Yugioh Academy? I think you may want to go back and rethink that naming. 

In all seriousness, it sounds like what you have is a set up for a fanfic and not an RP

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah! That's a lot of names! 

I think you would be A LOT better off steering away from using so many canon characters in your RP. It is definitely a major turn off for me, and I doubt I would apply for an RP that banks so heavily on already existing characters. Also, Yugioh Academy? I think you may want to go back and rethink that naming. 

In all seriousness, it sounds like what you have is a set up for a fanfic and not an RP

OK, then I need some help. I'm a little new to this.

OK, then I need some help. I'm a little new to this.

First thing I would suggest is have a look-see around the rest of the RP section. See how things are set up and the like. Then, once you have a feel for how things should go, PM me and we can work things out from there. 

Alright, I have a really fun idea for an almost sandbox action-centric RP, and it allows you to be whatever the fuck you want, angels, demons, vampires, werewolves, aliens, mecha pilots, you name it. There's very high level technology in addition to magic. Think Space Dandy combined with Noblesse, combined with Blood Lad and whatever else. I usually railroad my plots, but this time it's more open-ended, so it'll be a lot easier on me. Looking for a co-host or two or three, however, to handle the madness and be privy to plot details.

The setting is Neo Tartarus, also known as the City of Dark Desire or the City of Eternal Night as the city is almost shrouded in darkness due to the fact that it is almost always raining during the day. It is a massive metropolis rife with corruption and crime located on the planet of Edelheim, which is dead centre in the trade routes of the Galaxy. The Galaxy is huge and there are countless different races, hence you can be basically anything you want. The Galactic Federation, which controls the Galaxy, is banned from entering the city or intervening on its matters, and wisely stays away due to the intimidating presence of the city's infinitely mysterious and elusive mayor and founder, Amadeus von Renzont Alucard, an immortal vampire with almost limitless power. This makes the city a prime spot for criminals to hide out and many bounty hunters also live here. The law is also very loosely enforced. There's plenty of other details and backstory I gotta write up about this city. Anyway, basically imagine stuff like the pictures in this album: http://imgur.com/a/GvsEB

The entire city is governed by the City Council, headed by the intern mayor, a half-angel man by the name of Shen, while the city is controlled from the underground by the Mafia, currently lead by a werewolf named Raphael. The true leader of both is Alucard, but he hides himself away and only ever returns in the brink of time when the city is in a serious state of emergency.

Now that the background details are out of the way, let's have a look at the plot. You are somehow involved with the White Knights, a vigilante and terrorist organization out to cause mayhem and destroy the Mafia. You may be hired by the White Knights as a mercenary or whatever. The opportunity for characters who are against the White Knights will only open up if there is sufficient interest, otherwise, you must be somehow an ally of the White Knights. The true underlying goal of the White Knights is to draw Alucard out into the open for whatever reason only known by the Chairman, an old multi-trillionaire cyborg who funds the organization.

Along the way various random obstacles will pop up. Where the hell are these random dragons, archdevils, doomsday machines and etc. even coming from?

Alright, I have a really fun idea for an almost sandbox action-centric RP, and it allows you to be whatever the f*** you want, angels, demons, vampires, werewolves, aliens, mecha pilots, you name it. There's very high level technology in addition to magic. Think Space Dandy combined with Noblesse, combined with Blood Lad and whatever else. I usually railroad my plots, but this time it's more open-ended, so it'll be a lot easier on me. Looking for a co-host or two or three, however, to handle the madness and be privy to plot details.

The setting is Neo Tartarus, also known as the City of Dark Desire or the City of Eternal Night as the city is almost shrouded in darkness due to the fact that it is almost always raining during the day. It is a massive metropolis rife with corruption and crime located on the planet of Edelheim, which is dead centre in the trade routes of the Galaxy. The Galaxy is huge and there are countless different races, hence you can be basically anything you want. The Galactic Federation, which controls the Galaxy, is banned from entering the city or intervening on its matters, and wisely stays away due to the intimidating presence of the city's infinitely mysterious and elusive mayor and founder, Amadeus von Renzont Alucard, an immortal vampire with almost limitless power. This makes the city a prime spot for criminals to hide out and many bounty hunters also live here. The law is also very loosely enforced. There's plenty of other details and backstory I gotta write up about this city. Anyway, basically imagine stuff like the pictures in this album: http://imgur.com/a/GvsEB

The entire city is governed by the City Council, headed by the intern mayor, a half-angel man by the name of Shen, while the city is controlled from the underground by the Mafia, currently lead by a werewolf named Raphael. The true leader of both is Alucard, but he hides himself away and only ever returns in the brink of time when the city is in a serious state of emergency.

Now that the background details are out of the way, let's have a look at the plot. You are somehow involved with the White Knights, a vigilante and terrorist organization out to cause mayhem and destroy the Mafia. You may be hired by the White Knights as a mercenary or whatever. The opportunity for characters who are against the White Knights will only open up if there is sufficient interest, otherwise, you must be somehow an ally of the White Knights. The true underlying goal of the White Knights is to draw Alucard out into the open for whatever reason only known by the Chairman, an old multi-trillionaire cyborg who funds the organization.

Along the way various random obstacles will pop up. Where the hell are these random dragons, archdevils, death machines and etc. even coming from?

Color me interested!

Alright, I have a really fun idea for an almost sandbox action-centric RP, and it allows you to be whatever the f*** you want, angels, demons, vampires, werewolves, aliens, mecha pilots, you name it. There's very high level technology in addition to magic. Think Space Dandy combined with Noblesse, combined with Blood Lad and whatever else. I usually railroad my plots, but this time it's more open-ended, so it'll be a lot easier on me. Looking for a co-host or two or three, however, to handle the madness and be privy to plot details.

Along the way various random obstacles will pop up. Where the hell are these random dragons, archdevils, doomsday machines and etc. even coming from?

Tis an interesting idea...

Though the gallery of was in the album made me think of a Cyberpunk-esque RP.

So after I happened to notice an outstanding absence of actual roleplays like this in YCM despite this being a Yugioh forum, Zaifire and I worked together to develop the idea for an exclusively Duel Monster Yu-Gi-Oh RP~ Basically, the concept will be focused purely on the monsters without any real humans nor any mention of 'duelists' and ESPECIALLY 'card games'.

The plot itself is pretty simple. Easy to comprehend, nothing too complex, but also leaves plenty of room for development, backstory, and expansion~

The setting takes place in the techno-supernatural world of Shunoros - which is inhabited by a huge amount of races and civilizations - on a mysterious, hidden island. Various warriors, beasts, and what-not have been singled out and invited from all over to the world by a legendary knight to come to this island. Therein lies an artifact locked away in a castle which can grant one wish for its beholder, and the participants have the option to either compete with each other or work together and form alliances in order to reach it. But that's not all. The island also holds a special power that, if obtained, can temporarily transform that person into a more advanced form, that of powerful monsters from across time and space (AKA Fusions, Synchros, Xyzes) which can augment their power for a time and aid them in achieving their goals.

And of course, things are not quite as simple as they may appear. The island is thoroughly guarded, and the secrets that it holds can be fatal to those who are careless. If anyone wishes to dare claim the artifact that grants wishes, they shall first have to prove themselves...

Who. Shall. PREVAIL?

The plot's still being a little fleshed out, but that's the gist of it. Anyone interested~?

So after I happened to notice an outstanding absence of actual roleplays like this in YCM despite this being a Yugioh forum, Zaifire and I worked together to develop the idea for an exclusively Duel Monster Yu-Gi-Oh RP~ Basically, the concept will be focused purely on the monsters without any real humans nor any mention of 'duelists' and ESPECIALLY 'card games'.

The plot itself is pretty simple. Easy to comprehend, nothing too complex, but also leaves plenty of room for development, backstory, and expansion~

The setting takes place in the techno-supernatural world of Shunoros - which is inhabited by a huge amount of races and civilizations - on a mysterious, hidden island. Various warriors, beasts, and what-not have been singled out and invited from all over to the world by a legendary knight to come to this island. Therein lies an artifact locked away in a castle which can grant one wish for its beholder, and the participants have the option to either compete with each other or work together and form alliances in order to reach it. But that's not all. The island also holds a special power that, if obtained, can temporarily transform that person into a more advanced form, that of powerful monsters from across time and space (AKA Fusions, Synchros, Xyzes) which can augment their power for a time and aid them in achieving their goals.

And of course, things are not quite as simple as they may appear. The island is thoroughly guarded, and the secrets that it holds can be fatal to those who are careless. If anyone wishes to dare claim the artifact that grants wishes, they shall first have to prove themselves...

Who. Shall. PREVAIL?

The plot's still being a little fleshed out, but that's the gist of it. Anyone interested~?

I'd be interested. I would take it that you would only be allowed to use fairly low leveled monsters at the start(not synchros, fusions, xyz, etc.)?

I'd be interested. I would take it that you would only be allowed to use fairly low leveled monsters at the start(not synchros, fusions, xyz, etc.)?

Pendulums are usable, but yeah, no Synchros, Fusions, or Xyzes... probably not Rituals too, now that I think about it. You want them, you transform into them.

As for the monsters, the maximum will probably be Level 6, with a few Level 7s and 8s being allowed based on what kind of monsters they are, but it's recommended that you use lower-leveled ones instead.

I find myself interested as well.  This is pretty much exactly the type of thing I'd be looking for in a Yugioh RP if I were to join it.

I know, right~ Thing is, no one ever seems to make these things. It's WEIRD.

If anyone's curious, no custom cards either since that'd totally defeat the point of using Duel Monsters in the first place.

Fundit pl0x! I wantsa makez a robot!

In terms of the YuGiOh Duel Monster RP: Would , eventually, their transformation/evolution be permanent in some cases? For example, say Gigobyte turning into Gagagigo(or whatever).

And while I am on that topic, should that RP be a thing, anyone want to play as Eria the Water Charmer and be best buddies with me(as Gigobyte) :P ?

In terms of the YuGiOh Duel Monster RP: Would , eventually, their transformation/evolution be permanent in some cases? For example, say Gigobyte turning into Gagagigo(or whatever).

And while I am on that topic, should that RP be a thing, anyone want to play as Eria the Water Charmer and be best buddies with me(as Gigobyte) :P ?

I suppose I could play Eria.

Archived