The Nuzlocke Nook - A Pokémon Club based on Nuzlockes

CinnamonStar

Nope, just pure game. The base modification, however, is that I'll expand the team with availability, so I'll probably try to powerhouse through the early parts with Chimchar.

Otherwise, there's Flareon, Ponyta, and probably something else… Oh right, Magmar.

Chimchar will be able to handle a lot of shiz for ya, so that's good. It's gonna be quite challenging what with the limited pokemon.

Also guys, Murky Red is one of the hardest things I've ever nuzlocked so far. Misty has a rain team that Imma have to prepare for. xD

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn. I never played B/W2, but I heard that Iris is hard as hell. You probably did a fine job though by still getting that far!

Also monotype with Fire Pokes? Sounds interesting since Fire types are some of the rarer ones in the earlier gens.

Are you using a randomizer?=o

EDIT:

Leo (since I can't multiquote properly): Ah the zombie hack is interesting. I found some of the gym and trainer Pokémon you have to fight against a bit overleveled so I'd really suggest to grind. lol

Fire Red Omega is good too, but it's basically Fire Red with Pokémon from the 3 first gens. The plan was to hand the gamefile around and let different people do 1 or 2 gyms, but it seems like there's trouble with ROMs. You basically have to play with what the previous player caught.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I would be up for that if the ROM issue is fixed.

And yes the zombie one looks to be fun. I decided to go with Paras since I have never used one in a team through a game and the fact that it gets spore was a big attraction to me. I haven't gotten to far yet so I can't say much about the game lol. I will make sure to grind levels a lot though.

Nope, just pure game. The base modification, however, is that I'll expand the team with availability, so I'll probably try to powerhouse through the early parts with Chimchar.

Otherwise, there's Flareon, Ponyta, and probably something else… Oh right, Magmar.

And I think Houndour can be caught somewhere too.

But yeah, it sounds like a challenge with a small choice pool so good luck!:3

I also hope that gen. VI gets more Fire types, preferably ones that can be found earlier like Ponyta in gen. IV.

Chimchar will be able to handle a lot of shiz for ya, so that's good. It's gonna be quite challenging what with the limited pokemon.

Also guys, Murky Red is one of the hardest things I've ever nuzlocked so far. Misty has a rain team that Imma have to prepare for. xD

Damn, I have a feeling that many hacks with 'Red' in their names are a bitch.xD

That sounds like a lot of fun. I would be up for that if the ROM issue is fixed.

And yes the zombie one looks to be fun. I decided to go with Paras since I have never used one in a team through a game and the fact that it gets spore was a big attraction to me. I haven't gotten to far yet so I can't say much about the game lol. I will make sure to grind levels a lot though.

Paras with all its spore moves and effects seems really interesting.

I figured most people would pick Baltoy over Paras or Koffing.xD

Username: Multiloquent
Favourite Pokémon: It's a tie between Venusaur/Scizor
Favourite Game: Pokemon Platinum
Are you new to Nuzlockes / how much experience do you have? No, I completed a Platinum Nuz.

Welcome Legaljuana bro.:3

Also I completely missed it, but we hit our 50 members. 51 to be exact.

blessed :)

Yeah Baltoy seemed like a cool option to choose, but from my experience using it, I only ever enjoyed it in competitive play. Paras has been solid so far, hopefully I can fine something cool within the next couple of routes.

He's a pretty nice tank thing, although he has odd typing. xD

Alright, status report. Got a Ponyta and beat Oreburgh. No troubles.

Team:
Samba the Monferno Level 19 (Starter/Jolly/Blaze)

Spitfire the Ponyta Level 15 (Route 207/Modest/Flash Fire)

Bidoof Level 3 (HM Slave)

Hmm, interesting natures for your guys.

Try and pack some Thunder users to abuse the rain for yourself?

Or is Misty still the 3rd gym? xD

Koro-Sensei: Nice one. It's cool that the Chimchar line has an useful dual typing too for Nuzlockes.

Leo: =o Did you already run into the zombie Jynx? bless the zombie Jynx in Rustboro

Also I was getting ready to sleep yesterday, but here's what I had in mind for the Fire Red Omega run.

[spoiler=Multiplayer run]

What it's supposed to be like:

Several people contribute to a walkthrough. One person can do one gym for example (or 2) and then send it to the next person who will play a part and then hand the file over to someone else. The circle closes when we're out of participants or when someone wants to drop out.

Why?

Well I thought it would be a group effort while still being fun. When you're doing your regular Nuzlockes, you sometimes have plans in mind like some Pokémon you're specifically looking to run into or what your team should look like.

However it's less predictable with multiplayer runs. You basically work with what the previous player left you with and try to build on that. The goal in the end is to have something that different people contributed to.

It's also an alternative for people who don't want to do a whole run.

The formal stuff

- catch the first Pokémon

- nickname e'rybody :3

- shinies, HM slaves, duplicates or pre/evolutions of duplicates can be caught

- gift Pokémon or legendaries can be caught, but personally I prefer to box them

- stay calm and don't get mad if the previous player messed up a bit and lost you a cool Pokémon. lol

- actually don't try to be a dick by releasing everything and giving the next people a team with 6 Magikarps too xD

- more rules can be added if you come across something

How?

It's a package with a Visual Boy emulator, a ROM and a patch for the hack. The package gets send around to whoever wants to give it a shot.

People tend to have trouble with ROMs and sometimes a file doesn't work properly after the transfer. If someone doesn't know how to patch hacks, I can include a tutorial, but let's hope the rest works.=S

If you want to sign up

...just leave or PM me an e-mail address or Skype name. Skype tends to works ok for files transfer.

You can do 1 gym, 2 gyms, 1 route, only the Elite 4, etc.

[/spoiler]

Koro-Sensei: Nice one. It's cool that the Chimchar line has an useful dual typing too for Nuzlockes.

Leo: =o Did you already run into the zombie Jynx? bless the zombie Jynx in Rustboro

Also I was getting ready to sleep yesterday, but here's what I had in mind for the Fire Red Omega run.

[spoiler=Multiplayer run]

What it's supposed to be like:

Several people contribute to a walkthrough. One person can do one gym for example (or 2) and then send it to the next person who will play a part and then hand the file over to someone else. The circle closes when we're out of participants or when someone wants to drop out.

Why?

Well I thought it would be a group effort while still being fun. When you're doing your regular Nuzlockes, you sometimes have plans in mind like some Pokémon you're specifically looking to run into or what your team should look like.

However it's less predictable with multiplayer runs. You basically work with what the previous player left you with and try to build on that. The goal in the end is to have something that different people contributed to.

It's also an alternative for people who don't want to do a whole run.

The formal stuff

- catch the first Pokémon

- nickname e'rybody :3

- shinies, HM slaves, duplicates or pre/evolutions of duplicates can be caught

- gift Pokémon or legendaries can be caught, but personally I prefer to box them

- stay calm and don't get mad if the previous player messed up a bit and lost you a cool Pokémon. lol

- actually don't try to be a dick by releasing everything and giving the next people a team with 6 Magikarps too xD

- more rules can be added if you come across something

How?

It's a package with a Visual Boy emulator, a ROM and a patch for the hack. The package gets send around to whoever wants to give it a shot.

People tend to have trouble with ROMs and sometimes a file doesn't work properly after the transfer. If someone doesn't know how to patch hacks, I can include a tutorial, but let's hope the rest works.=S

If you want to sign up

...just leave or PM me an e-mail address or Skype name. Skype tends to works ok for files transfer.

You can do 1 gym, 2 gyms, 1 route, only the Elite 4, etc.

[/spoiler]

That definitely sounds like fun and I will PM you an email address soon.

Also on the topic of the zombie rom, I haven't gotten to Rustboro yet but it has been a lot of fun. I will probably do a post with screen shots later showing off my team. It isn't a nuzlocke sadly since I like to enjoy a game the first time through without challenging myself.

I'm currently running a nuzlocke of FireRed on my iPod however I am feeling uninspired.

I've got 3 badges and my team is:
SNOOPDOGG Ivysaur (Lv26/CALM)
DOLLABEAK Pidgeotto (Lv26/HARDY)
SASSYSARU Mankey (Lv17/SASSY)
PFPcd0U.jpg
RYUUJIN Guarados (Lv21/CALM)
TRESNOB Dugtrio (Lv30/MODEST)

And another one. Beat what's-her-face and Fantina, had a lot of trouble against the second rival battle. Got a Houndour, whose evolution can actually be tutored Thunder Fang, which makes Wake even slightly easier.

Team:

Sammael the Houndoom Level 27 (Route 214/Sassy/Flash Fire)

Spitfire the Ponyta Level 36 (Route 207/Modest/Flash Fire)

Samba the Infernape Level 37 (Starter/Jolly/Blaze)

Bidoof (Hm Slave)
Togepi (Boxed) I might use it for Fly, but I'd have to evolve it and I don't know if I should.

So, as I said I have been doing a playthrough of Pokemon Snakewood (not a nuzlocke since it is my first time through) and felt I might as well show you guys my team. I am right now at Pestilence and I can't beat her to save my life ):

00ce04M.png

I am starting to think that picking Paras was a huge mistake, but the challenge must be overcome lol.

Hey Leo, I tried to send you the package with everything. Looking forward to seeing if it works out, lol.

I think Paras might be the better pick from the 3 since I heard people were having issues with Baltoy (after all) and many of the bad guys are using Psychic or Dark types. But it's probably wiser to do a regular playthrough first, lol.xD

I kinda regret starting this Nuzlocke...

Multiloquent:

> Dollabeak

Awesome.:3

That actually reminds me of a hack that uses hood language, but I can't find it again...

Just the regular in-game talks replaced with swag.:3

But your team looks really good so far.=o

And another one. Beat what's-her-face and Fantina, had a lot of trouble against the second rival battle. Got a Houndour, whose evolution can actually be tutored Thunder Fang, which makes Wake even slightly easier.

Team:

Sammael the Houndoom Level 27 (Route 214/Sassy/Flash Fire)

Spitfire the Ponyta Level 36 (Route 207/Modest/Flash Fire)

Samba the Infernape Level 37 (Starter/Jolly/Blaze)

Bidoof (Hm Slave)
Togepi (Boxed) I might use it for Fly, but I'd have to evolve it and I don't know if I should.

Houndoom and Ponyta are pretty great for Nuzlockes.

I hope you catch a Magmar with Flame Body.:3

Hey Leo, I tried to send you the package with everything. Looking forward to seeing if it works out, lol.

I think Paras might be the better pick from the 3 since I heard people were having issues with Baltoy (after all) and many of the bad guys are using Psychic or Dark types. But it's probably wiser to do a regular playthrough first, lol.xD

I kinda regret starting this Nuzlocke...

Multiloquent:

> Dollabeak

Awesome.:3

That actually reminds me of a hack that uses hood language, but I can't find it again...

Just the regular in-game talks replaced with swag.:3

But your team looks really good so far.=o

Houndoom and Ponyta are pretty great for Nuzlockes.

I hope you catch a Magmar with Flame Body.:3

There aren't that many options for Magmar. It only gets Flame Body in Gen 4. 

Wake was annoying, mostly because of that damn Gyarados, what's-his-face and Candice were both a piece of cake. Currently in the Headquarters.

Samba the Infernape Level 47 (Jolly/Starter/Blaze)
Sammael the Houndoom Level 48 (Sassy/Route 214/Flash Fire)

Spyro the Magmar Level 48 (Modest/Fuego Ironworks/Flame Body)

Spitfire the Rapidash Level 48 (Modest/Route 207/Flash Fire)

Bibarel Level 15 (HM Slave)

Togekiss Level 30 (HM Slave)

Yeah, had some trouble coming up with a name for Magmar, as I had to do something on the spot, it isn't really a dragon, but whatever.

ALL THE S NAMES

Magmar's ability makes it quite banging.=o

Some high levels you have there and that's good.

Also I haven't replied to Renji's run on Youtube yet, but I will.

Everyone with a Youtube account here could do that to represent the club.x)

Well, I had to keep some kind of theme, and it was a bit silly, but it just kept going.

Not running a full team and training them individually does that.

Also, did the comment thing.

Dose S names. Your team is lookin' so good, specially with dat Houndoom~

I just noticed the name choices.

Actually I'm thinking about trying the Avatar challenge soon and going for the group with the Fire type in it.

Not much choice there, but there are still the 3 other types and secondary typing to stack up on.=o

Duuuude, Opal, the Fire nation is awesome. You get Fire, Dark, Dragon, and Electric. It's the most diverse nation I think :3

I'm planning on doing a regular SS run because I'm bored. I'll also be drawing avatars for my team members, but that won't be till I have badge 1.

Team atm (Just training for le Sprout Tower):

Cyndaquil (Explo) lv8 Mild

Mareep (Shox) lv6 Gentle

Wooper (Slips) lv6 Quiet

Gastly (Spook) lv7 Sassy

Rattata (Slave) lv2

Yup, Explo is the only male I have atm and Wooper's ability is Water Absorb. I also have my other team members planned out.too, I just thought I'd do another regular playthrough again.

• 2 weeks later...

Soon to face the Elite Four. I feel Bertha will be the biggest problem, aside from what the hell I can do against Cynthia and that damn Garchomp.

Samba/Infernape Level 53 (Jolly/Blaze/Starter)
Spitfire/Rapidash Level 54 (Modest/Flash Fire/207)

Spyro/Magmortar Level 54 (Modest/Flame Body/Fuego Ironworks)

Sammael/Houndoom Level 54 (Sassy/Flash Fire/214)

Archived