The Nuzlocke Nook - A Pokémon Club based on Nuzlockes

CinnamonStar

Guess who just beat Cynthia? My best option was honestly Close Combat for Garchomp. Anyhow, I'll be going after Heatran and other post-game stuff.

Although first, let's post the Hall of Fame team.

Sammael/Houndoom Level 61 (Sassy/Flash Fire/Route 214) Thunder Fang, Flame Thrower, Dark Pulse, Solar Beam

Spitfire/Rapidash Level 61 (Modest/Flash Fire/Route 207) Bounce, Strength, Megahorn, Flare Blitz

Spyro/Magmortar Level 61 (Modest/Flame Body/Fuego Ironworks) Rock Climb, Psychic, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt

Samba/Infernape Level 62 (Jolly/Blaze/Starter) Grass Knot, Earthquake, Flare Blitz, Close Combat

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems as if the AI wants to do everything in triplicate. A few days ago Ho-Oh on SS got 3 stat boosts from Ancient Power, and yesterday, I had Mars' Purugly get 3 Criticals.

394.png

Prinplup lv16

077.png

Ponyta lv16

417.png

Pachirisu lv16

I'm at a standstill atm as I'm trying to obtain a Cherubi for my team, I've used 6 Honeys and still no Cherubi, gonna try again in 6 hours.

Anyone here have any experience using Ampharos in G/S/C? I don't know how should I use it.

Honestly, if I were you I'd have gone for a Gengar and teach it Thunderbolt, but I don't know where you'd get Thunderbolt TM in GSC, What do you mean experience using Ampharos? Use Electric type moves on stuff that is weak to Electric moves, what do you mean specifically?

It seems as if the AI wants to do everything in triplicate. A few days ago Ho-Oh on SS got 3 stat boosts from Ancient Power, and yesterday, I had Mars' Purugly get 3 Criticals.

394.png

Prinplup lv16

077.png

Ponyta lv16

417.png

Pachirisu lv16

I'm at a standstill atm as I'm trying to obtain a Cherubi for my team, I've used 6 Honeys and still no Cherubi, gonna try again in 6 hours.

I assume you're doing some kind of set team run, not a Nuzlocke?

I assume you're doing some kind of set team run, not a Nuzlocke?

Yeah, I'm doing a Platinum Berlitz run which means I can only use pokemon that she used in the Adventures manga: Empoleon, Rapidash, Pachirisu, Cherrim, Lopunny and Froslass.

I can use HM slaves as well, but her main cast are the battlin' pokes.

Yeah, I'm doing a Platinum Berlitz run which means I can only use pokemon that she used in the Adventures manga: Empoleon, Rapidash, Pachirisu, Cherrim, Lopunny and Froslass.

I can use HM slaves as well, but her main cast are the battlin' pokes.

See it sounds fun, but terribly difficult at the same time, just getting Cherubi and Snorut took me forever on Platinum.

Thanks. I've been meaning to do a character-based run for a while anyway as it does pose quite a challenge.

It sounds fun, but I lack effort. (Which is quite ironic)

EDIT: I've decided to drop Amphros off of my HGSS team, as I will receive an ExtremeSpeed dratini after Clair's Gym, then I'll drog Noctowl for Ho-oh. Does anyone know if you can nickname the Dratini?

Yes, you can nickname the Dratini.

THANK GOD, beat Clair first go, OKHO all her pokemon except Kingdra, used a Jinx I caught as inbetween switch (So switch from Gengar to Jinx, Jinx Faints, Switch to Noctowl), then I had full accuracy for Hypnosis and put Kingdra to sleep, so I could easily kill it.

EDIT: HELP I DIDNT GET DRATINI BUT I DID EVERYTHING THE GUIDE I WAS FOLLOWING TO GET IT SAID TO DO

Anyone here have any experience using Ampharos in G/S/C? I don't know how should I use it.

Honestly it usually ends up as my teaching-all-the-TMs-to Poke. Since it can learn quite a lot of them...

I usually Fire and Thunder Punch my way through Nuzlockes with it because it's hood like that. :D

Sasha: Sorry I haven't played the gen. II remakes yet, only the regular GS editions.:/

So idk why you didn't get it.o.o

Honestly it usually ends up as my teaching-all-the-TMs-to Poke. Since it can learn quite a lot of them...

I usually Fire and Thunder Punch my way through Nuzlockes with it because it's hood like that. :D

Sasha: Sorry I haven't played the gen. II remakes yet, only the regular GS editions.:/

So idk why you didn't get it.o.o

It's fine, I had to go talk to Clair in her gym first, I freaked out for a little though.

EDIT: My Quagsire's defense stat is at 76 at level 37, and at level 50 it averages to be about 115, plus my nature is good for Defense, so I think I got a good Quagsire wall, and my Gengar has a Sp. Atk of 147 at level 40, and at level 50 it averages to be 160, and I have a nature that lowers Sp. Atk, so my Gengar has a bright future ahead of her.

Username: The One the Only MLG Pro Quickscoper Serenade
Favourite Pokémon: Zazubat
Favourite game: Pokemon Snap (true story)
Are you new to Nuzlockes / how much experience do you have?: I've done a couple of Nuzlockes but I'm not a pro at Pokemon.

Also I have a surprise for the club. 

[spoiler='Assuming that this club has been going on since last year'][spoiler='And assuming that the graphics are fairly out of date'][spoiler='have a present from me to you']258qb0o.png[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Accepted, welcome!

And this looks fabulous.O.o Yeah we've been around for a bit more than a year, but some parts have caught dust.^^

Thanks from me to you.<3

It's fine, I had to go talk to Clair in her gym first, I freaked out for a little though.

EDIT: My Quagsire's defense stat is at 76 at level 37, and at level 50 it averages to be about 115, plus my nature is good for Defense, so I think I got a good Quagsire wall, and my Gengar has a Sp. Atk of 147 at level 40, and at level 50 it averages to be 160, and I have a nature that lowers Sp. Atk, so my Gengar has a bright future ahead of her.

Gengar is love.:3 Quagsire is fairly versatile and the defense definitely adds a plus. Will you evolve it too?=o

Oh shiiiz, sorry for not posting much, college has kept me away from nuzlocking.

I hope to totally destroy Murky Red version very soon

This is my team, and I plan to go own Erika's face with it

yh8lxR1.png

Ursala is mainly here because she has a habit of picking up Rare Candies and Nuggets~

Not accepted because I want this to be zalgo-free. lel

Ok accepted.c:

Flora Sky is good and yes, hacks count, anything that came out as a Pokémon game.

I like how it has its own (good-looking for once) cover.

Ultra Violet...

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1156/

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=16213.0

I like what I read.=o

Just beat Thornton and Argenta today in my Platinum Berlitz run. Coincidentally, the Pokemon I chose for the Battle Hall was Froslass, which just so happens to be the one that Berlitz used when she challenged the Battle Hall (I didn't know that beforehand :p).

Thornton was pretty easy, but the battle with Argenta was pretty scary - she used a Fearow, which was able to outspeed my Froslass. It used Steel Wing, which knocked Froslass down to 2 HP, before I OHKO'ed it with Ice Beam.

Oh my, Ampharos is awesome. Just realized it after most of my team got swept by Chuck. Now I'm going into Radio Tower with a level 38 Ampharos(Giovanna. Moveset: Firepunch, Thunderpunch, Thunderwave, and DynamicPunch), level 34 Tentacruel (Fugo. Surf, Whirlpool, Sludge Bomb, and Icy Wind), and a level 36 Pidgeot(Ghirga. Wing Attack. Swift. Fly. Whirlwind). Gold, btw. 

Oh shiiiz, sorry for not posting much, college has kept me away from nuzlocking.

I hope to totally destroy Murky Red version very soon

This is my team, and I plan to go own Erika's face with it

yh8lxR1.png

Ursala is mainly here because she has a habit of picking up Rare Candies and Nuggets~

Your team is looking quite good, lucky you have a pokemon with pickup.

Just beat Thornton and Argenta today in my Platinum Berlitz run. Coincidentally, the Pokemon I chose for the Battle Hall was Froslass, which just so happens to be the one that Berlitz used when she challenged the Battle Hall (I didn't know that beforehand :P).

Thornton was pretty easy, but the battle with Argenta was pretty scary - she used a Fearow, which was able to outspeed my Froslass. It used Steel Wing, which knocked Froslass down to 2 HP, before I OHKO'ed it with Ice Beam.

That's some lucky RNG you got there with Argenta.

Oh my, Ampharos is awesome. Just realized it after most of my team got swept by Chuck. Now I'm going into Radio Tower with a level 38 Ampharos(Giovanna. Moveset: Firepunch, Thunderpunch, Thunderwave, and DynamicPunch), level 34 Tentacruel (Fugo. Surf, Whirlpool, Sludge Bomb, and Icy Wind), and a level 36 Pidgeot(Ghirga. Wing Attack. Swift. Fly. Whirlwind). Gold, btw. 

Ampharos is pretty cool, I never really liked using Ampharos, however you have found a moveset that works for you. It sucks getting a Flying type when you know you'll be getting Lugia/Ho-oh later.

Archived