The Nuzlocke Nook - A Pokémon Club based on Nuzlockes

CinnamonStar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm back from the dentist and the consequences from the care. At least it went well though.xD

How IS everyone?=o

Seija: Aww it's kinda bad with a reduced team, but still props for getting this far.:3 What are the moves of the Pokémon?

The only other Pokémon I can get at the moment is Flareon, which would only leave me with 5 still. Plus, I need my HM Slaves (Togekiss and Bibarel).

Oh right, moves:

Infernape:
Grass Knot, Earthquake, Flame Wheel, Close Combat (At least there's Flare Blitz in a couple of Levels…)

Rapidash:

Bounce, Strength, Agility, Flame Wheel (Also Flare Blitz in a couple of Levels, plus I should get Mega Horn when I get another Heart Scale)

Magmortar:

Rock Climb, Psychic, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt (Not many changes here, except if I can get another Earthquake sometime)

Sammael:

Thunder Bolt, Flame Thrower, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball (Satisfying. Unfortunately, it cannot be tutored Ice Fang, which would be helpful)

So, Infernape is the only one that's got me covered.

I had just captured the Red Gyarados on my SS run, here's my team.

ym761.jpgvz68u.jpghypuq.jpgz2qk2.jpgv66ih.jpghvskl.jpg

(Explo)                           (Shox)                       (Slips)                       (Spook)                         (Lucky)                       (Mr. L)

Quilava (lv31)                 Ampharos (lv30)          Quagsire (lv31)         Gengar (lv30)                  Togekiss (lv31)              Leafeon (lv31)

Mild                                Gentle                       Quiet                         Sassy                           Adamant                     Adamant

HM Slave:

d4neq.jpg

(Slave)

Raticate (lv20)

Serious

I had just captured the Red Gyarados on my SS run, here's my team.

ym761.jpgvz68u.jpghypuq.jpgz2qk2.jpgv66ih.jpghvskl.jpg

(Explo)                           (Shox)                       (Slips)                       (Spook)                         (Lucky)                       (Mr. L)

Quilava (lv31)                 Ampharos (lv30)          Quagsire (lv31)         Gengar (lv30)                  Togekiss (lv31)              Leafeon (lv31)

Mild                                Gentle                       Quiet                         Sassy                           Adamant                     Adamant

HM Slave:

d4neq.jpg

(Slave)

Raticate (lv20)

Serious

Goddamnit they're too cute.<3

Especially Ampharos and Quagsire.:D

The only other Pokémon I can get at the moment is Flareon, which would only leave me with 5 still. Plus, I need my HM Slaves (Togekiss and Bibarel).

Oh right, moves:

Infernape:
Grass Knot, Earthquake, Flame Wheel, Close Combat (At least there's Flare Blitz in a couple of Levels…)

Rapidash:

Bounce, Strength, Agility, Flame Wheel (Also Flare Blitz in a couple of Levels, plus I should get Mega Horn when I get another Heart Scale)

Magmortar:

Rock Climb, Psychic, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt (Not many changes here, except if I can get another Earthquake sometime)

Sammael:

Thunder Bolt, Flame Thrower, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball (Satisfying. Unfortunately, it cannot be tutored Ice Fang, which would be helpful)

So, Infernape is the only one that's got me covered.

How did it go?

Infernape and Sammael seem pretty versatile.

I already have my next run planned:

- Platinum Berlitz run (On Platinum)

Basically I can only use pokemon that Platinum Berlitz used in the Adventures Manga (Empoleon, Rapidash, Lopunny, Cherrim, Froslass and Pachirisu)

That...sounds like a versatile team.:3

Also I'm almost done with Flora Sky and I'll post some feedback on it soon.~ Good hack imo.

I already have my next run planned:

- Platinum Berlitz run (On Platinum)

Basically I can only use pokemon that Platinum Berlitz used in the Adventures Manga (Empoleon, Rapidash, Lopunny, Cherrim, Froslass and Pachirisu)

That sounds like a fascinating idea; I would like to give it a try, too :p

Honestly, the hardest thing to deal with for the Berlitz run is the fact that she doesn't use anything with Fly. And switching for a Fly Slave everytime you need to fly can get annoying. Anyhow, I just finished the whole Giratina event; now I'm en route to Sunyshore City.

vbch.png

Wow that went quick.=o

lopunny should be able to learn fly with those ears, lel

Also I just noticed that Zextra wasn't on the member list for some reason and asked him to sign up even though he did in April.xD That's what happens when there are too many members in here, lol.

We really need an occasion to get everyone back together... For some kind of big-ass event.=o

I will be posting soon, I've not found the inspiration to be playing Pokemon recently.

I have changed my name from Multiloquent to Sasha Braus.

EDIT: What's your opinion on pokemon such as Haunter that need to be traded to evolve? Leave it as Haunter or trade with another game and trade  back to evolve it?

Mate, I almost didn't recognize you.xD

Nice to see some members again though!

As for evolution by trading, I usually keep them as they are if there's no one around me to trade with. It's a shame though because most of the evos (Golem, Machamp, Scizor,  etc.) are strong.=o

(But Haunter is our mafia game mascot so he's always welcome :3)

Mate, I almost didn't recognize you.xD

Nice to see some members again though!

As for evolution by trading, I usually keep them as they are if there's no one around me to trade with. It's a shame though because most of the evos (Golem, Machamp, Scizor,  etc.) are strong.=o

(But Haunter is our mafia game mascot so he's always welcome :3)

Since I have my old DS and now my 3DS I can do it all on my own, I was just wondering if trading it to another game was kinda Nuzlocke Taboo, however I guess each person does their own style of Nuzlocking.

I agree (Even though I haven't started yet. Should do this weekend)

What are your pokemon's movesets Zex?

I have to use a slave for Rock Climb and Cut, along with Fly and Defog. The rest are as follows:

Empoleon: Surf, Ice Beam, Flash Cannon, Rock Smash

Rapidash: Strength, Flame Wheel, Fire Blast, Iron Tail

Pachirisu: Discharge, Super Fang, Swift, Iron Tail

Lopunny: Return, Thunder, Jump Kick, Dizzy Punch

Cherrim: Secret Power, Sunny Day, Leech Seed, Petal Dance

Froslass: Thunder, Shadow Ball, Cunch, Ice Beam (Yeah, I actually spent the time getting another one from the Game Corner xD)

Cherrim's movepool is ridiculously small and limited, and Pachirisu just sucks in general (except Super Fang)

I have to use a slave for Rock Climb and Cut, along with Fly and Defog. The rest are as follows:

Empoleon: Surf, Ice Beam, Flash Cannon, Rock Smash

Rapidash: Strength, Flame Wheel, Fire Blast, Iron Tail

Pachirisu: Discharge, Super Fang, Swift, Iron Tail

Lopunny: Return, Thunder, Jump Kick, Dizzy Punch

Cherrim: Secret Power, Sunny Day, Leech Seed, Petal Dance

Froslass: Thunder, Shadow Ball, Cunch, Ice Beam (Yeah, I actually spent the time getting another one from the Game Corner xD)

Cherrim's movepool is ridiculously small and limited, and Pachirisu just sucks in general (except Super Fang)

I know what I'm using for a Fly/Defog slave: Chatot (Makes sense since Platinum borrowed Pearl's Chatot for a gym battle).

I reckon my Pachirisu is gonna have a slightly different moveset to yours, as I'm gonna teach it Thunderpunch via move tutor. (Thinking ahead so I can screw Cynthia's Milotic by preventing Mirror Coat shenanigans)

I started playing HeartGold, I already regret this because I'm now committed.

I decided to name all my Pokemon after SNK Characters.

Fih2p1h.png Levi, M, Lv 11

KChxLdf.png Eren, M, Lv 12

mehYC1q.png Sasha, F, Lv 6

AS0A9ZR.png Mikasa, F, Lv 5

Time to go grind at Alph Ruins!

EDIT: I got the Mareep Egg from Primo.

You get a Mareep Egg in HeartGold?=o

Also that's the deal when you start a run. I usually play through it in a short amount of time and then stop.

And do you guys use Platinum's temporary Pokémon too or just the key cast? Girl has a Togekiss, Mamoswine and Ludicolo. And Chatot :^)

You get a Mareep Egg in HeartGold?=o

You have to get your secret sayings from a generator online by entering your Trainer ID and then tell the two sayings to Primo in the order it gives you, he's in the Violet City Pokecenter, to the Right of the counter.

I grinded on Unowns all day with Gastly and Wooper, (While AFKing a bit and going to work)

Fih2p1h.png Levi, M, Lv 13

KChxLdf.png Eren, M, Lv 12

mehYC1q.png Sasha, F, Lv 15

AS0A9ZR.png Mikasa, F, Lv 20

G8IiNno.png Armin, M, LV 1

RjG9rpG.png Jean, M, LV 5

Will probably do more until I go to bed (1:40am as of posting)

[quote=Sumire]Also that's the deal when you start a run. I usually play through it in a short amount of time and then stop.

[/quote]

Pretty much, I usually burn myself out and then don't have the power to continue, or lose my save

And do you guys use Platinum's temporary Pokémon too or just the key cast? Girl has a Togekiss, Mamoswine and Ludicolo. And Chatot :^)

Her temporary Pokemon can be used to serve other purposes. I mean, BS is planning to use Chatot as a Fly slave and I have that role filled by Togekiss. But primarily, her key cast is all that can be used in battle throughout the game.

Archived