The Nuzlocke Nook - A Pokémon Club based on Nuzlockes

CinnamonStar

Finally my Wooper and Chikorita evolved! Barely beat Bugsy, I almost resorted to using Armin to heal up for one turn and losing him, but I will need Togetic later on so I couldn't risk it.

[spoiler=Updated Team]

pAKPiZW.png Levi, Lv 16

KChxLdf.png Eren, Lv 15

KR642f8.png Sasha, Lv 20

AS0A9ZR.png Mikasa, Lv 21

G8IiNno.png Armin, LV 1

RjG9rpG.png Jean, LV 5

[/spoiler]

I'm probably going to go lay in bed and grind Hoothoot to level 20 in Ilex Forest

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Cynthia was a tad easier than I thought she would be (I actually found Flint and Lucian harder to beat).

She may have just gone easy on you, because she's been stalking you for your whole journey anyway.

[spoiler=Updated Team]

pAKPiZW.png Levi, Lv 24

ElXYFpa.png Eren, Lv 22

KR642f8.png Sasha, Lv 23

Y89F0Qv.png Mikasa, Lv 25

G8IiNno.png Armin, LV 23

WIndvTf.png Jean, LV 22

[/spoiler]

Well, Cynthia was a tad easier than I thought she would be (I actually found Flint and Lucian harder to beat). Here's the video of my battle with her:

http://proxy-22.dailymotion.com/download/883/418/69814388_mp4_h264_aac.mp4?auth=1380935744-4098-p56o5ttu-4bb8dbda8dc9ed73fa05e183fafda259#cell=core&comment=

Can't view le vid.

Sad thing that happened to Cherrim and Pachirisu :(

True, but luckily, it was just a run, and not a Nuzlocke (doing a Nuzlocke using that team would be insanely difficult); otherwise, I would've grinded each of them to at least Level 65-ish before even thinking about facing the Elite Four.

True, but luckily, it was just a run, and not a Nuzlocke (doing a Nuzlocke using that team would be insanely difficult); otherwise, I would've grinded each of them to at least Level 65-ish before even thinking about facing the Elite Four.

Ah, well that's good at least, I beat morty in my HG run and now am trading my Haunter to evolve it.

[spoiler=Heartgold Nuzlocke Team]

pAKPiZW.png Levi, Lv 24

ElXYFpa.png Eren, Lv 23

KR642f8.png Sasha, Lv 23

ltFD7V9.png Mikasa, Lv 27

G8IiNno.png Armin, LV 23

WIndvTf.png Jean, LV 22

[/spoiler]

rip Cherrim and Pachi D:

What's the background music?

And yeah, it's nice to step away from good ol' Nuzlockes at times. The games offer plenty of possibilities for all sorts of alternative runs.

Sasha: These are the kinds of Pokémon I usually grab in gen. II (or remakes) too.:D The Mareep line is gold for Nuzlockes.

These are the kinds of Pokémon I usually grab in gen. II (or remakes) too. :D The Mareep line is gold for Nuzlockes.

I'm up to the Lake of Rage Team Rocket hideout and he almost fainted twice x-x

Yeh I caught Gyarados for novelty, won't use him unless I really have to, not sure how I'll deal with Clair yet.

Once I get Thunderbolt TM I will teach it to Gengar and retire Ampharos for Ho-oh, which means GAME CORNER

Finally started my Platinum Berlitz run, and have just gotten the Team Galactic fashion freaks to bugger off from Jubilife. Here's my team:

393.png

Piplup lv15

077.png

Ponyta lv12

I defeated Roark's Cranidos with my Ponyta getting a crit with Ember, and when I was facing Team Galactic, Pearl's Chimchar deliberately used Ember on my Ponyta just to raise the power of my Ember, because my Ponyta has Flash Fire.

Finally started my Platinum Berlitz run, and have just gotten the Team Galactic fashion freaks to bugger off from Jubilife. Here's my team:

120px-393Piplup_DP.png

Piplup lv15

120px-077Ponyta.png

Ponyta lv12

I defeated Roark's Cranidos with my Ponyta getting a crit with Ember, and when I was facing Team Galactic, Pearl's Chimchar deliberately used Ember on my Ponyta just to raise the power of my Ember, because my Ponyta has Flash Fire.

Damn that's some smart AI work with the Ember on Ponyta, also your images aren't working, save them and upload them to imgur if you're using bulbapedia, I have the same problem.

Vidro Moryu by Yanagi Nagi And yeah, I guess I was lucky to be able to beat Cynthia with only 2 Pokemon fainting. :3

Was it also your first try??

[spoiler=Heartgold Nuzlocke Team]

lsFW8nn.png Levi, Lv 32

ElXYFpa.png Eren, Lv 25

KR642f8.png Sasha, Lv 25

ltFD7V9.png Mikasa, Lv 30

G8IiNno.png Armin, LV 23

VMmYVbC.png Jean, LV 30

[/spoiler]

@ Sasha - yeah, it was. The only thing I needed to really plan for was that Spiritomb; so I worked out that Cherrim routine beforehand. Everything else was pretty straightforward.

Oh, and nice team; looks quite solid.

Thanks, however I cant get a shiny stone to evolve my Togetic to Togekiss until postgame, should i just trade it to my platinum and let it hold one and trade it back or just wait?

[quote name="Sasha Braus" post="6282615" timestamp="1380989283"]Thanks, however I cant get a shiny stone to evolve my Togetic to Togekiss until postgame, should i just trade it to my platinum and let it hold one and trade it back or just wait?[/quote] Since it's a Nuzlocke, I'd say do whatever you can to get it stronger. So yeah, I think you should evolve it if you can.

Since it's a Nuzlocke, I'd say do whatever you can to get it stronger. So yeah, I think you should evolve it if you can.

Alright thank you for the advice, now once I get Ho-oh my team just needs to grind up and then KANT..oh...

I was wondering why you didn't trade a Shiny Stone over when you evolved your Haunter.

I had to rummage through my hoarded Platinum for one, didn't plan on using Togepi (Forgot you got the egg)

EDIT: I found my old team list from my iPod FireRed playthrough so that and my HG team are now in my signature. I hate how spoilers can't be centered.

Time to go lay in bed and surf to Cianwood.

Currently training for the Elite Four in my Mono-fire Platinum. Soon done.

And I realized what would be really helpful against her Garchomp: An Air Balloon. Too bad I'm one generation too early.

Is the Air Balloon the one that is basically like having Levitate?

Heartgold: I beat Chuck, Jasmine and Pryce, I'm up to defeating Team Rocket at the Radio Tower, thank god for the EXP. Share

Is the Air Balloon the one that is basically like having Levitate?

Heartgold: I beat Chuck, Jasmine and Pryce, I'm up to defeating Team Rocket at the Radio Tower, thank god for the EXP. Share

Yes. 

Admittedly, the only way I have beaten her Garchomp in the past is having someone immune to Earthquake (or at least doesn't take SE damage) with a move that is strong against it, like a Tropius or a what's-it-called (the gen 4 water/ground one) with Blizzard. I have no Pokémon in the first category, and barely two grass-type moves, which the more reliable would be Solar Beam, but for that, I'd probably need to find another Sunny Day TM…

Archived