DN Chronicles

I'm not throwing a hissy-fit, and I can't run Lightsworns because I have never even tried, nor had the desire to. The only Lightsworn cards I have ever used are Ryko and Lyla (Lyla in anti-trap deck and Goblins), and that's because they have general use.

I really don't care much for any Meta or previously deck, unless you want to count "stun" as Meta. I don't like fast-paced games. I like to actually take the time to actually play against my opponent, and not be going "lol I win, oh no you win, oh no I win" every single turn. That's also why I use fun decks now, instead of trying to build a deck that wins.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not throwing a hissy-fit, and I can't run Lightsworns because I have never even tried, nor had the desire to. The only Lightsworn cards I have ever used are Ryko and Lyla (Lyla in anti-trap deck and Goblins), and that's because they have general use.

I really don't care much for any Meta or previously deck, unless you want to count "stun" as Meta. I don't like fast-paced games. I like to actually take the time to actually play against my opponent, and not be going "lol I win, oh no you win, oh no I win" every single turn. That's also why I use fun decks now, instead of trying to build a deck that wins.

I apologize for enjoying Lightsworns and being comfortable playing with them before I decided to play competitively...hell, before I even knew they ever did well at a tournament. Either way, Lightsworns are my fun deck. Got a problem with it? Then you better not duel me then, or you'll just rage quit like everyone else...especially the Dino Rabbit players. Still can't figure out why they rage quit.

OT: I remember when Toot and I both made a deck where Masked Chopper was the main card/boss of the deck, then dueled each other. It was long and epic. :3

Guest Devil's Advocate

I apologize for enjoying Lightsworns and being comfortable playing with them before I decided to play competitively...hell, before I even knew they ever did well at a tournament. Either way, Lightsworns are my fun deck. Got a problem with it? Then you better not duel me then, or you'll just rage quit like everyone else...especially the Dino Rabbit players. Still can't figure out why they rage quit.

And you claim that he's the one throwing the hissy fit? You're obviously instigating. :\

OT: I remember when Toot and I both made a deck where Masked Chopper was the main card/boss of the deck, then dueled each other. It was long and epic. :3

You're getting all flustered over nothing. I was just saying that it's not "OMG AWESOME" if you summon 2 JD. There isn't anything big involved in that. That's like me saying it's cool because I activated 2 Dark Hole, except worse than that because I didn't nuke their entire field, and Shi En could have negated one of them. There isn't any skill involved with that, compared to finely-timed activation of cards that ultimately lead to victory.

It's also funny when people call competitive decks "for fun decks". I told someone I was using a for fun deck, which was my Bakura deck, and he said he was using a for fun deck too. It was Dino Rabbit

I am not saying you're a bad person for playing competitively, but if you're going to then you really should be more open to criticism of your moves, as it's to be expected. Don't like it? Then don't play competitively.

I also just remembered something. This isn't related to DN, but it was on a similar dueling system. I was doing a tag duel against some guy with a 60-card deck, my partner was using I think Agents, and we were both able to pull off some amazing moves turn 1. The last player, the one with the 60 card deck, activates Heavy Storm... Then Dark Hole... Then Monster Reborn.

Guest Devil's Advocate

One of these days, I need to make an Ms.Paint drawing about Lightsworns....

I would, but I simply don't have the time or patience.

Lightsworns are indeed luck based. Your main worries are milling Wulf if you even run it and not milling JD. I usually run Ryko only in any chaos deck.

But Wulf is bad. O.o

Guest Archbaron Barthandelus

I beat someone with a Guardian deck. The most memorable moment I've ever had.

And this wasn't someone using a 60 card highlander or anything like that, a fairly decent 40 card deck.

Personally, I don't care what deck my opponent uses, or how doomed I know I am. I play the game, I don't blow things out of proportion, and if my opponent has mad a mistake and is to stubborn to change it, I just forget about it, and play as if nothing wrong had happened.

Of course, half the time this is people negating monster effects with Warning irritatingly. Or most particulalry, someone who added Dyson Spheres reatch effect onto a Laggia whenever I activate a card. It was kinda annoying. But i do find when people go fun decks only, then turn up with meta, or go No Xyz or Synchro and use Dino Rabbit irritating as anything.

Guest Devil's Advocate

One guy quit when I played Dragon's Ravine one time.

That was annoying last format when I was playing Dragunities. People would just automatically assume I was running Chaos, though I have never built such a Deck in my life.

Oh, which brings me to another memorable moment (I'm doing this by the swing of things): Playing Dragunities, right? Yadayada open with Ravine and Zephyrus. Play Ravine, ditch Zeph, dump Phalanx (it's a legit move, trust me), Play Dux, Synch into Scrap, bounce Ravine, activate again, ditch Aklys to grab Dux, Reborn Phalanx, Synch into Stardust. It was the greatest move ever but completely wasted my hand. It was well worth the raegquit moment, though.

Guest Devil's Advocate

Open with 2 SD/AM.

You'd get even more rage.

I often debated about putting in SD/AM, but I never got around to doing it. I find the Dark Simorgh build a lot more fun anyways, since it doesn't rely on having a Situational Trap Card in your hand all the time.

I beat someone with a Guardian deck. The most memorable moment I've ever had.

And this wasn't someone using a 60 card highlander or anything like that, a fairly decent 40 card deck.

Like I've said before, I can win using crappy decks, as long as not all of your cards are complete crap. That's the factor of luck in this game. Draw Dark Hole and you can get a fighting chance against almost any deck. I have won games attacking directly with Night Assailant 5 times in a row, or because my opponent attacked into my Earthbound Spirit with only 100 Life Points left. It's luck, and how stupid your opponent makes their moves.

Archived