DN Chronicles

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally beat a guy who was using a Self-Destruction Button deck after about an hour of play, mostly him thinking he was right about rulings. He was playing a Match. The first time I beat him it was because he activated Hope for Escape after I attacked, then after he drew he tried to activate Battle Fader, which doesn't work. The direct damage was enough to make him lose, though he kept trying to get the admin.to believe something else happened.

The second time I beat him I had summoned Dolkka and he tried to summon Fader, but Dolkka negated it. He kept trying to say it wouldn't work, but I eventually showed him the ruling that told him he lost.

I dueled an idiot, he said that utopia can't negate the attack unless utopia ITSELF is targeted for the attack... Admin told me he was wrong (after facepalming) and he rage quit... Meanwhile in the watcher chat, people were saying that he's wrong and that utopia can negate any attack (and of course he thought i called my friends over to prove him wrong....). Pinky was the admin

Dark_Magician67: no

Dark_Magician67: only utiopia

Kvn523: o.o

Kvn523: when any attack is declared

Dark_Magician67: When this card is targeted for an attack, while it has no Xyz Materials: Destroy this card

Kvn523: yes and

Dark_Magician67 has called an admin

Kvn523: it can negate ANY attack

Kvn523: ugh

Kvn523: whatever

Dark_Magician67: cheater

Kvn523: u seriously don't know how to use utopia

Kvn523: i'm not cheating, ur wasting our time

Kvn523: utopia doesn't have to be targeted for an attack to negate it

Kvn523: look at the chat

Kvn523: the watcher chat

Dark_Magician67: ok

Dark_Magician67: this is your friends

Dark_Magician67: not admin

Kvn523: i don't even know who they are

Kvn523: >.<

Kvn523: *facepalms*

Dark_Magician67: yes

pinky3chan: Problem ?

Kvn523: u says that utopi acan't negate shien attack

Kvn523: cuz it not targeting utopia

Dark_Magician67: I target gear

pinky3chan: *Facepalm*

Kvn523: ikr

Kvn523: he thinks i'm in cahoots with the other members here

Kvn523: i detached armor

Kvn523: to negate

pinky3chan: IF shien attacks gear gigant utopia can negate the attack

Kvn523: there u go. thank you pinky

Dark_Magician67 has left the duel

Kvn523: kewl

pinky3chan: ok

pinky3chan: lol

Kvn523: >.<

I dueled an idiot, he said that utopia can't negate the attack unless utopia ITSELF is targeted for the attack... Admin told me he was wrong (after facepalming) and he rage quit... Meanwhile in the watcher chat, people were saying that he's wrong and that utopia can negate any attack (and of course he thought i called my friends over to prove him wrong....). Pinky was the admin

I've had to deal with someone like that in unrated trying to say Utopia got an errata where it could only negate attacks targeted at him. .-. He evenly gave up his argument we continued from there.

http://i.imgur.com/uhl2n.png

Possibly my most amusing duel of the day. Guy Mind controls my Doomcaliber, and summons a gadget. I thought he was going to go into Utopia, so I was going to Mind Control it and go into C39 next turn; but he activated his gadgets effect, then argued with me about how Doomcaliber was optional. He eventually agreed with me. I just love it when my opponent -2 themselves XD

Duel started this way

[spoiler=Some conversation later]

Armadilloz: Arsenal's effect

Armadilloz: Armor's effect

H3xx: tribute on ur second turn. u just normal summoned tht monster

H3xx: if it was special summoned then u can tribute it

Armadilloz: No, its an effect of Arsenal.

H3xx: still says tribute

Armadilloz: This isn't a Tribute Summon.

Armadilloz: This is an effect

H3xx has lost 500 life points

Armadilloz: Malfunction was just Set this turn. Cant activate it that fast.

H3xx: quick play

Armadilloz: No, its a Counter TRap

Armadilloz: Not a Quick Play

H3xx: well either way its a counter. u activate it to counter

Armadilloz: Yes, but its still a Trap. You cant activate it the turn you Set it.

H3xx: alright watever and tributing isnt the same either

Armadilloz: Tribute for an effect =/= Tribute for a Tribute Summon

H3xx: tribute rules still apply

Armadilloz: No, no they don't.

Armadilloz: This is different.

Armadilloz: Also, regain 500, from your Malfunction misplay

H3xx has gained 500 life points

Armadilloz: Armor's effect

Armadilloz: X's effect

Armadilloz: X's effect

Armadilloz: Gearframe's effect

Armadilloz: Fortress' effect

H3xx has lost 1800 life points

H3xx has lost 2300 life points

H3xx has lost 2300 life points

H3xx has lost 1600 life points

Armadilloz: Gg

H3xx: yup but search up the tribute rules and make sure

Armadilloz: UMMM....

H3xx has left the duel

Duel ended this way

DN needs to add Heart-eartH. Noting a bunch of people who don't understand mechanics seems redundant, and we need a new boss monster to brag about if/when we Summon it.

Sorta' like that topic on Dimensional Robo.

I've had to deal with someone like that in unrated trying to say Utopia got an errata where it could only negate attacks targeted at him. .-. He evenly gave up his argument we continued from there.

I had someone arguing with me the other day about when they Mind Controlled and flipped my Gishki Ariel that I don't get to see his deck. He said that "that's an old ruling, they changed it". lol no. I was just trolling him by telling him to show me his deck, but once he started to deny it it became serious. I don't care about losing or anything like that, but I don't like people blatantly lying.

At least ur guy eventually gave up, the guy i went against was stubborn and it was rated duel >.<

Guest Archbaron Barthandelus

Worst I've ever had claimed that had change dark hole so it couldn't destroy monsters he controlled when he played it.

We argued for 5 minutes. Then I just gave up, carried on and cleared his monsters with Absolute zero anyway. Then like almost always, he rage quits.

Someone today not only said that they can chain Starlight Road to the resolution of Torrential Tribute in a chain (which they had no idea what I even meant when I said "resolution", but they also believed that Worm Xex's effect special summoned Yagan. He was obviously just netdecking, and had no idea how to play the deck.

Worst I've ever had claimed that had change dark hole so it couldn't destroy monsters he controlled when he played it.

We argued for 5 minutes. Then I just gave up, carried on and cleared his monsters with Absolute zero anyway. Then like almost always, he rage quits.

Hate it when people just blatantly lie like that, although he coulda been a huge noob.

Guest ♥ D.A._Endermen ♥

558513_245064608950233_1964069024_n.jpg

Was running a counter fairy version of macro mill. Guy was hoping to get heavy all through out the duel but welp as you can see in the chat heavy died and then a myst. He admitted defeat once those got banished.

Was running a counter fairy version of macro mill. Guy was hoping to get heavy all through out the duel but welp as you can see in the chat heavy died and then a myst. He admitted defeat once those got banished.

Seems counter-intuitive to use Dimensional Fissure, since you cannot mill cards while it's active. The ruling is that since you do not know if the milled cards will be monsters or not, it simply does not try.

Guest ♥ D.A._Endermen ♥

Seems counter-intuitive to use Dimensional Fissure, since you cannot mill cards while it's active. The ruling is that since you do not know if the milled cards will be monsters or not, it simply does not try.

could you explain exactly which card you mean? If you mean Gravekeepers Servant. I already know that it forces your opponent to not attack.

Archived