Chance's Format Tournament III! Concluded! WINNER: FREX

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='みゆきサン' timestamp='1350262519' post='6044624']
So, this may seem kind of silly to you all, but here's a great suggestion if you don't want to compromise your Deck and still want to test it: play against yourself on YGOPro. I've been doing that to a great extent with my Deck, and it's actually quite funny.
[/quote]
It's not silly, it's a legitimate idea.

[quote name='みゆきサン' timestamp='1350262519' post='6044624']
So, this may seem kind of silly to you all, but here's a great suggestion if you don't want to compromise your Deck and still want to test it: play against yourself on YGOPro. I've been doing that to a great extent with my Deck, and it's actually quite funny.
[/quote]

I always do that to test this kind of decks.

Oh yeah, sign me in too, last tournament was kinda fun.

Wildflame / Wildflame / Wildflame

Alright, everyone except slayer_supreme is accepted (Still need the fee payed B))

Also, "Pot" Double Knock-Off means that the winner of this tournament receives ALL the pot (or still thinking about splitting total pot into 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place positions) where even if you lose the first time, you STILL have a chance as it's a "Double" Knock-Off with a "Winners" and "Losers" bracket. Of course if you lose twice...most likely you're out of the tourny. :P

@Slayer's question: TY Archy for answering the question. )

Well, Chaos Dragons has a problem in the way of only having 2 copies of each card, and 1 limited card. They want Chaos Sorcerer, BLS, Darkness Metal, Charge of the Light Brigade, DAD, and so on. They also have 3 different semi-limited cards they want to run. Really, a lot of decks lose a ton of cards in this format. I can't really think of what would replace those cards, to be honest.

The format has the advantages that:

Extra Deck oriented strategies are the current commercial focus of the game, and those are very important factors as to why the new decks are not just "new stuff" but also stuff that outclasses older ones. So this is a slap on the face there. Synchros and Xyzs are not ruined this way, but instead, they turn into tactical tools "just in case", not the focus. Which is really what they should have always been IMO.

Limiting the uses of limited/semi-limited cards, it reduces the number of your otherwise given staples, and makes you think of what other cards might be interesting with a certain deck. Not being on pair with the IRL top decks is not only natural, but it's the point, and all other decks are in the same boat.

I personally like this format enough to wish it was a alternate official format.

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1350364316' post='6045547']
All I'll say is I disagree with you on that.

Also fun fact I herp derped and accidentally donated 1500 points lol Oh well now that is even more reason to win lol
[/quote]

You want your money back?

--

That was the basic point of the format. My aims were to hammer down power creep down so bad that everyone now has a decently sized playing ground. Lol at how Inzektors would become either "control" or "swarm" oriented, not both, Chaos Dragons would involve more skill, Wind-Ups lose several OTKs, their swarm is hindered and become more field oriented, and how HEROes actually act like "HEROes", saving you in the nick of time, but at a slow pace.

Gladiators still require skill and can be intercepted, so yeah they are heavily predictable. :3 I've had that happened to me when I tested the format.

Another thing is that cards don't generate as many +s fast enough, which is good. Now we can't go Quasar 1st turn as easily, especially given you either run 1 Forumla or some weird form with T.G. Wonder Magician. The format is also in check and balance with the other formats because what "would tend to no affect a format" in traditional/official formats, DOES effect this format, and severely.

Archived