Chance's Format Tournament III! Concluded! WINNER: FREX

It’s another Chance Furlong Format Tournament! This is currently the 3[sup]rd[/sup] Tournament I’ve hosted, and I hope to host many more! This one however…is going to be a little different. I want to make “Points” worth something, and as such this is also going to be a “Pot”-Double Knock-Off Tournament! Let’s see who is destined to prevail in this new format!

Entry Rules:
1. You must donate at “minimum” 25 points. If you wish to participate and do not have 25 points, you can enter but must go “all in” with your points. You can also donate points if you desire.
2. Submit the following: YCM name - DN name - (not required) Challonge name
3. PM me your Deck List.

Deck Rules:

[indent=1]1. MAX copies allowed in a person's Main Deck and Extra Deck is now 2.[/indent]
[indent=1][b][i]2. [/i][/b][b][i]Extra Deck monsters CANNOT attack the turn they are Summoned from the Extra Deck.[/i][/b][/indent]
[indent=1]3. You are only allowed 1 Limited Card in the Main Deck and Extra Deck per duel.[/indent]
[indent=1]4. You are allowed [b][i]BOTH[/i][/b] copies of 1 Semi-Limited Card in the Main Deck and Extra Deck per duel.[/indent]
[indent=1]5. You are allowed all [b][i]THREE[/i][/b] copies of 1 Unlimited Card in the Main Deck and Extra Deck per duel.[/indent]
[indent=1]6. [b][i]The Winner AND the Loser of the match must come here and confirm whether they won or not by providing a DN Snapshot for all 3 rounds.[/i][/b][/indent]
[indent=1]7. Side deck can contain 3rd Copies of cards, other Limited Cards and Semi-Limited Cards, but when siding, you can only side each corrispondingly. If you're going to switch a Limited Card, you can only do it with another Limited Card, Semi-Limited with Semi-Limited and remove the 3rd copy of an Unlimited to place the 3rd copy of another Unlimited Card.[/indent]

[spoiler=Example Deck]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ej4EP.png[/img]
[/spoiler]

It will be a Double Knock-Off tourny set up, matches will be best 2 out of 3, and all contestants will be randomly set up against each other! Good luck to all!

[spoiler=Contestants (Accepted/Pending Deck-Lists) / YCM / DN / Challonge]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000][size=3][s][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)](Accepted) / YCM: D.A. / DN: SightlessReality [/background] / Challonge: N/A[/s]
[s](Accepted) / YCM: Archbaron Barthandelus / DN: Ratskin / Challonge: N/A[/s]
[s](Accepted) / YCM: DeathSDelano / DN: DeathSDelano / Challonge: N/A[/s][/size][/color][/font]
[s][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000][size=3](Accepted) / [background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]YCM: Sleepy / DN: Sleepy17 / Challonge: N/A[/background][/size][/color][/font][/s]
[s][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)](Accepted) / YCM: Miyuki-San / DN: ! ! DanteSparda / [/background][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Challonge: N/A[/background][/size][/color][/font][/s]
[size=3][color=#000000][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)](Accepted) / YCM: Frex / DN: Frex / Challonge: N/A[/background][/color]
[s][color=#000000](Accepted) / [background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]YCM: Darklink401 / DN: Darklink401 / Challonge: N/A[/background][/color][/s]
[s][color=#000000][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)](Accepted) / YCM: Wildflame / DN: Wildflame / Challonge: Wildflame[/background][/color][/s]
[s][color=#000000][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)](Accepted) / YCM: supreme_slayer / DN: slayer_supreme / Challonge: N/A[/background][/color][/s]
[s][color=#000000][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)](Accepted) / YCM: guuu1234 / DN: guuu1234 / Challonge: N/A[/background][/color][/s]
[s](Accepted) / YCM: Beginning446 / DN: BailasGale / Challonge: BailasGale[/s][/size]
[s][color=#000000][size=3](Accepted) / YCM: Masked Puppet / DN: Masked Puppet / Challonge: N/A[/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=3](Accepted) / YCM: [background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Excalibur-sama / DN: BlindMonkey / Challonge: N/A[/background][/size][/color][/s]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rounds]
[img]http://images.challonge.com/CFTourny.png[/img]
[/spoiler]

[center][size=7][i][b]POT: 9155 points.[/b][/i][/size][/center]

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1350159479' post='6043692']
Question: Do both players need to provide a screenshot? Or just one set per players playing.
[/quote]

Just 1 set, but I still require confirmation from both, the only exception being that I am a witness of the match.

[quote name='みゆきサン' timestamp='1350159640' post='6043696']
YCM: Miyuki-San - DN: ! ! DanteSparda - Challonge: N/A
[/quote]

Will add...as soon as the entry fee is paid :3

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]YCM name: D.A.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]DN name: SightlessReality [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Donated 1000 points.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]I don't expect to win even the first round.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

I'm just gonna try a similar idea than my last Deck, but upgraded sinse I have a little more options to use in this format, and because I got some good experience on what to take in and out of there for certain situations. Well, and I also want to test how a certain couple of cards would do in this type of tournament.

I figured as much, but I wanted to clarify. I was considering running either Karakuris or Wind-Ups just to prove they could still dominate the format due to searchability, but the "extra deck monsters can't attack the turn they are summoned" thing makes them slower, and vulnerable for a turn. So I think I will go with my other idea which isn't Meta in any way.

EDIT:

YCM: slayer_supreme - DN: supreme_slayer - Challonge: N/A

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1350248026' post='6044463']
I'm running a mix of Machinas, Genex and Geartown. but needs more tests: Last time I had a dead hand full of high-Level Machines like for 3-4 turns. Anyone willing like to test against me so we duel under the same conditions?
[/quote]
Well.......I could I guess.......

EDIT: That was a good test duel, what I had in my hand on the first turn (went 2nd) was laughable. :P

Archived