League of Legends

Shrekstasy

So, I go to my first computer science class of the year sit next to this guy. I look over and his laptop wallpaper is a Dota 2 background, I casually say "dota scum".

He then looks at me and says 'League?' to which I nod and then he replies 'filthy casual'. The following few minutes was the average Riot vs Valve, LoL vs Dota debate but it turns out he is a pretty chill guy and we are beggining to become friends.

tl;dr: Video games make friends

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Tenta: I tried him out too. IMO, Mini Gnar is meh, Mega Gnar is awesome. If I could just have him as a champion, I'd definately buy him.

@EHN: I hope so. There's a guy in one of my classes who has a Cloud 9 hoodie, and I've been meaning to talk to him. He disappeared at the end of class today though. I swear to god, I only looked down for like 2 seconds >_>

EDIT: Oh, this too. Did you guys see the article about lore? Rioters have confirmed in the comments that they're basically totally redoing the lore from scratch. Like, to that point that the League of Legends isn't canon anymore. Which is an...interesting decision.

Based on what I know, it's pretty much the right decision. In the first place, the lore isn't very popular outside online communities, if it is at all. And yet, they still desire to have a cohesive narrative to go along with their game. As such, redoing the lore is the most logical decision.

If you know they have a dash or a flash you need to predict it, that's the "skill" part of skillshots. I'd personally much rather play a champ with an assortment of skillshots, like Xerath, Vel'Koz or Ezreal, than play a simple point click champion. They also tend to give the abilities higher damage/ratios/CC in response to them being skillshots, making them more worthwhile.

On that note, I wish they'd make Caitlyn's ultimate a skillshot, she'd be a lot more fun to play.

It lets her gets the kills. But it's hard to predict dashes in a team fight, and if you only get the one shot, odds are who you're targeting already has the dash ready, since most of them have absurdly short CDs. Also, ever seen Veigar's Primordial Burst or Malzahar's Void Grasp? Those attacks HURT!

But all these flashes tend to tick me off; since, it makes it too easy for champs to be reckless since they have 2 or more get out of f**k-up cards. Fizz alone can possess up to 4 with his skillset + Flash.

If you know the distance of whatever it is they're using as an escape/engage, you can compensate by aiming where they'll land, as opposed to where they are. You just have to get used to it, or just play point-click champions, whichever floats your boat. If you're having problems with Fizz, specifically, Malzahar really likes to destroy him in every scenario, as long as you don't ult when you have a shark on you. He's also the easiest mid laner to get ahead with, considering you can E the minion wave and leave lane and still get all the CS.

And the damage on Malzahar ult isn't THAT fantastic, but Veigar ult scales with his AP and your AP, so that one hurts a LOT.

I think I finally nailed playing Nasus.

Seeing as I'm actually killing people now. Also I single-handedly took out 3 inhibitors without retreating once.

Pretty sure that means I'm doing better.

It does.  The only problem is that when you get better the game just matches you up with better players and then you play worse. 

Your score in bots isn't taken into account when you play 5v5s against people, so you get a fresh start if you feel like starting those. Either way, it takes quite a bit of time for you to start getting matched up against better and better people, if it's not entirely based off of your level or ranked status if you're 30.

That's... basically what I had said. I personally think it's better to start playing against people as early as possible, because you'll gain more practical knowledge and get better, faster. On the flip side, I think that ONLY applies when you're playing with at least three other friends, otherwise you'll more than likely just get frustrated with all the people you're playing with.

Edit: AGRO YOU JUST GOTTA BELIEVE!

YOU'VE GOTTA BELIEVE TO ACHIEVE! 

As weird as it sounds, I never played against bots, just went right into PvP.

IMO you don't want to level up too much in bots because then you'll go up against people who have more experience when you switch to PvP.  

Only time I played bots is when I was trying to practice Jungling. 

Jungling is something one dedicated person does.  You run around killing the monsters with Smite and gank lanes.  Generally at lower levels there's two champions in top lane and no jungler. 

That being said, it's the most advanced role and there's really no point in even trying until level 20.

If you know the distance of whatever it is they're using as an escape/engage, you can compensate by aiming where they'll land, as opposed to where they are. You just have to get used to it, or just play point-click champions, whichever floats your boat. If you're having problems with Fizz, specifically, Malzahar really likes to destroy him in every scenario, as long as you don't ult when you have a shark on you. He's also the easiest mid laner to get ahead with, considering you can E the minion wave and leave lane and still get all the CS.

And the damage on Malzahar ult isn't THAT fantastic, but Veigar ult scales with his AP and your AP, so that one hurts a LOT.

Void Grasp is actually pretty strong, as it gains damage equal to 130% of his AP. I know Fizz isn't an issue all the time, I just want to punch the retard who felt that giving a champ 2 flashes (that render him untargetable) and a charge was a brilliant idea. No champ should be able to wreck like that with just a Lich Bane.

His damage is actually fairly sub-par with just Lich Bane, I personally love it when Fizz rushes it, that just means that my cute little tentacular monster Vel'Koz is reasonably safer, and I can go a lot more ham on Fizz.

And the scaling on Nether Grasp is great, granted. The base damage being only 550 at rank 3 is pretty low, in my opinion, although understandable considering the scaling.

Jungling is something one dedicated person does.  You run around killing the monsters with Smite and gank lanes.  Generally at lower levels there's two champions in top lane and no jungler. 

That being said, it's the most advanced role and there's really no point in even trying until level 20.

Level 20 is the best minimal level to do so because of the access to the best runes.

But the role is more than just killing with Smite and ganking. It's about global map awareness, securing objectives, and applying pressure to lanes.
In fact, junglers have to be on a higher level of map awareness than supports during the laning phase.
You have to be able to take your blue and red buffs without interference from the enemy jungler, and being able to defend it when the enemy jungler wants your buffs.
You often will have to be brave and go in balls deep to Smite steal that dragon/Baron.

It's kinda sad that junglers often get a lot of s*** when it comes to doing their job, though, even when they do their job properly.

But it is possible to jungle pre-20; his name is Warwick.

It's kinda sad that junglers often get a lot of s*** when it comes to doing their job, though, even when they do their job properly.

^ This when they get invaded by someone with a stronger early game, ask for help from the team and get nothing, then fall behind and get blamed for the entire game. Lovely bunch of League shenanigans.

Level 20 is the best minimal level to do so because of the access to the best runes.

But the role is more than just killing with Smite and ganking. It's about global map awareness, securing objectives, and applying pressure to lanes.
In fact, junglers have to be on a higher level of map awareness than supports during the laning phase.
You have to be able to take your blue and red buffs without interference from the enemy jungler, and being able to defend it when the enemy jungler wants your buffs.
You often will have to be brave and go in balls deep to Smite steal that dragon/Baron.

But it is possible to jungle pre-20; his name is Warwick.

Of course, I was trying to simplify it. 

I'm personally not good enough at multi-tasking to jungle well.  And yeah, Warwick makes Jungling so easy. 

Archived