League of Legends

Shrekstasy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still really eager to get to level 30.

Bronze V is waiting for me... 

Chillax, it's not that bad. Worrying will get you nowhere (unless your normal game MMR is bad then you might have to start worrying a bit).

5/5 should still land you in Silver 5+, as long as you don't lose a lot after you should be fine.

I wouldn't worry about getting Bronze V. You need to be reeeeeeeeally bad to hit Bronze V. Proof: I'm Gold V and I'm terrible at this game.

On an unrelated note, Worlds groups A and B finished playing yesterday. Some stuff happened.

[spoiler= Stuffs~]

-Samsung White swept Group A (unsurprisingly), Dark Passage got swept (also unsurprising)

-AHQ took a game off EDG, and forced a tiebreaker match for second seed in the group. EDG won, but it was pretty close.

-Royal Club only lost one game, to TSM

-SK beat TSM in their second game, which screwed TSM out of the chance to play Royal in a tiebreaker for seed 1

-TPA didn't do as well as people expected :C

So, the teams going to quarterfinals are:

Group A:

1- Samsung White

2- Edward Gaming

Group B:

1- Royal Club

2- TSM

Quarterfinal matchups are White vs TSM and Royal vs EDG. So yeah, NA is pretty screwed unless C9 somehow wins their group and isn't against Samsung Blue in quarters.

[/spoiler]

Who all watched worlds besides me? I watched pretty much all the matches, and I plan to do the same for groups C and D too.

I'd actually like to know that too, honestly. Like, I only got to Gold after playing for over a year, and apparently learning a bit along the way. And that was with the advantage that I duo with an IRL friend basically every ranked game.

I hadn't even heard of using a custom game to practice last hitting. I might try that...I did spend like 40 minutes yesterday in a game vs 1 bot practicing Alistar's W-Q combo.

I wouldn't worry about getting Bronze V. You need to be reeeeeeeeally bad to hit Bronze V. Proof: I'm Gold V and I'm terrible at this game.

On an unrelated note, Worlds groups A and B finished playing yesterday. Some stuff happened.

[spoiler= Stuffs~]
-Samsung White swept Group A (unsurprisingly), Dark Passage got swept (also unsurprising)
-AHQ took a game off EDG, and forced a tiebreaker match for second seed in the group. EDG won, but it was pretty close.
-Royal Club only lost one game, to TSM
-SK beat TSM in their second game, which screwed TSM out of the chance to play Royal in a tiebreaker for seed 1
-TPA didn't do as well as people expected :C

So, the teams going to quarterfinals are:

Group A:
1- Samsung White
2- Edward Gaming

Group B:
1- Royal Club
2- TSM

Quarterfinal matchups are White vs TSM and Royal vs EDG. So yeah, NA is pretty screwed unless C9 somehow wins their group and isn't against Samsung Blue in quarters.
[/spoiler]

Who all watched worlds besides me? I watched pretty much all the matches, and I plan to do the same for groups C and D too.

I was in school for most of them and was too busy to watch rebroadcasts and VODs but I watched a few of the games and obviously all the highlights etc.

C and D will be a lot better imo, way more competitive and less stompy.

@Tenta: There isn't really much that you can do specifically to improve, it just takes time. Also, watching videos and streams will make you learn a lot. Getting involved or reading about the community via reddit and twitch is also very helpful. Everything will seem complicated and confusing at first, but you will get there.

To be honest I respect anyone that is a decent rumble player. Hitting that ulti is so f***ing hard. Not even mechanically but it is just physically impossible to use it. On smart cast anyway.

It's easy as hell with smartcast. I do it all the time. Just hold down r and direct it then let go. ez pz

So I've been working on my Alistar. I gotta say, he's a lot of fun. Smackin' the fools who try to kill my ADC feels really good. Plus you gotta love pressing R and then being basically immune to damage. And on top of all that, he comes with a free skin!

(On an unrelated note, groups C and D start tomorrow. C9! C9! C9!)

EDIT: Aaaaand, I'm just gonna leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcg6UrkK4SE

My problem with Alistar is that I hate anyone that doesnt have some sort of poke/long range farm ability, and he has to spam his abilities to stay in lane or not get horribly behind which uses a lot of mana. This is top lane Ali though, don't really play a lot of support Alistar.

I'm basically new to this game and have been playing it about a week now. I have not bought a character yet, but I've tried different ones. They all play very different, while everyone has it's advantages and disadvanges. I like that.

Now, I have no idea what character I should finally buy? I think it takes about 1 or 2 weeks to get enough ingame money to buy another character. I don't want to buy someone who I don't like. It's really difficult to find out what character I should buy. The best thing I can do is wait until I tried A LOT OF champions in the free champion rotation.

I'm basically new to this game and have been playing it about a week now. I have not bought a character yet, but I've tried different ones. They all play very different, while everyone has it's advantages and disadvanges. I like that.

Now, I have no idea what character I should finally buy? I think it takes about 1 or 2 weeks to get enough ingame money to buy another character. I don't want to buy someone who I don't like. It's really difficult to find out what character I should buy. The best thing I can do is wait until I tried A LOT OF champions in the free champion rotation.

It just depends on how much time you spend playing the game and what champion you want to buy. Riot has implemented a few nice ways to earn extra IP of games so it shouldn't really be that long.

It just depends on how much time you spend playing the game and what champion you want to buy. Riot has implemented a few nice ways to earn extra IP of games so it shouldn't really be that long.

What "nice ways" are you talking about? I get about 100-200 IP per game. If I play about 3 games per day, this makes roughly 500 IP per day. So in a week, this is just... 3500. So yeah, it takes about 1 or 2 weeks to get another champ xD

What "nice ways" are you talking about? I get about 100-200 IP per game. If I play about 3 games per day, this makes roughly 500 IP per day. So in a week, this is just... 3500. So yeah, it takes about 1 or 2 weeks to get another champ xD

I just realised you don't have access to team builder..

Still, first win of the day bonus is a thing. Not sure if playing different roles/champs only works in team builder, if it works in blind pick that gives a lot of extra IP too. Unless of course you want to spend RP on champions or IP boosts but I know that is out of the question for a lot of people.

I recommend buying one of the cheaper (450/1350 IP) champions first, and learning them if you want a champ to main while you get higher leveled so you can get IP to actually buy expensive champs.

In other news:

-New Soraka is pretty cool, except for the fact that her heal has zero range. The passive is great. Vroom vroom!

-Sion rework revealed! Looks pretty cool IMO. His ult's max range goes from the middle of mid lane to either team's nexus turrets.

-NA > EU, NA >CN, NA > WORLD, HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOOOOOOOOO

Archived