League of Legends

Shrekstasy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone want to give some starter advice? 

Two biggest pieces of advice if you're just starting would be;

First, find a champion you like. Doesn't matter if it's for their aesthetics, the way they play, how strong they are, whatever. If you play a champion you like, I believe you'll get into it easier, and possibly faster.

Second, learn to last hit. Last hitting is when you score the final hit to kill a minion (or champion, but that doesn't matter in this case). The best way to do this early, even if it sounds tedious, is to attack a minion and pay attention to how much damage you do, then left click whichever minion is losing health the quickest, making sure to pay attention to it's health in the top left hand corner, and once it gets within your damage threshold you last hit it. Once you get a feel for it, you'll be able to do it just by looking at the small hovering health bar.

Last hitting is arguably the most important thing in the game, but in my opinion, you have to find a champion you like first.

Most of us here can help with anything you need to know as well, don't hesitate to ask.

Edit: Side note, don't know if it's been mentioned before, but NO MORE LP DECAY FOR SILVER AND GOLD, I'M SAAAAAAAAAAFE!

Speaking of, did anyone give the new Viktor a shot?

I played him a bit, and I must say...he's impressive. He's strong at all stages of the game, has burst, poke, and utility. I still gotta figure out when is the most optimal time to upgrade his Hexcores,but they're a nice money sink if you're behind and you need immediate combat stats. This extra AP + skill empower helps a lot.

New Viktor <3

Honestly the biggest thing for him right now, in my honest opinion, is his Q giving his next auto a boost on top of resetting his auto timer. His early trades are pretty intense just because of that. I have no idea when to start upgrading his Hexcores though, so sorry for that haha. Although I personally would want to upgrade the laser as soon as possible, since the second proc of the effect comes up so fast, the damage is really nice to have.

I'd say upgrade it whenever you back and have nothing else to get or can't finish anything else big. For instance, Hexcore upgrade > Blasting Wand/Amp Tome. Other things are obviously more important, like Chalice/Needless/Haunting Guise > Hexcore. It's mostly just about optimizing for your situation.

Though I gotta say, his Q empowered AA is the most satisfying thing in game. It just has that punch to itself =D

And my build is Sorcs/Hexcore/Rabacap/Zhonya/Void Staf/Lich Bane. There is only really 1 slot to tinker with, and IMO, you don't really need a mana item on Viktor. I've been doing well without any.

It's not a necessity, it's just an optimization choice. Chalice in this case, is not something you'd build against, say, Zed/Talon/Yasuo, especially not early. However, I would build it early against champions like LeBlanc/Syndra/Orianna, etc, mainly for the MR, but the heavy mana regen makes it easier to compete in trades. I like to itemize early based on who I'm against and whether or not I'm getting camped.

Just finished setting up my new PC (12GB Ram, i7, Geforce Gtx 745 4gb) and I have my Razor BlackWidow Ultimate and Deathadder Chroma arriving on Monday. Challenger here I come baby.

Jokes aside, playing on this feels like heaven. I can play with 150 FPS uncapped on max settings (not that I would want to play on max settings, get 250-300 on medium), pretty amazing after playing on a laptop that can barely run 60 fps on mediocre settings.

Just finished setting up my new PC (12GB Ram, i7, Geforce Gtx 745 4gb) and I have my Razor BlackWidow Ultimate and Deathadder Chroma arriving on Monday. Challenger here I come baby.

Jokes aside, playing on this feels like heaven. I can play with 150 FPS uncapped on max settings (not that I would want to play on max settings, get 250-300 on medium), pretty amazing after playing on a laptop that can barely run 60 fps on mediocre settings.

Welcome to the master race. 

Archived