League of Legends

Shrekstasy

Master one role, but make sure you can perform on the others. For example, I consider myself a jungle main. It's the role I always try to get first, and 9 times out of 10 I perform on that one role, usually quite well.

BUT, I can still quite easily go toplane with Nasus, Jax, or Gnar. I can go midlane with Twisted Fate, Karthus, or Katarina. I can go ADC on Ezreal, Twitch, or Varus. I can support with Morgana, Thresh, or Zyra.

I don't main any of the other roles, but on those specific champions I can perform the role well enough to contribute to the team. But I'm most at home in the jungle, with a pretty diverse champion pool and I'm far more aware of things in the jungle, like how much damage I can do, when I do that damage. Where the best places to gank are on which champions, and how pushed can the lane be for me to be effective.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My jungle champion pool is actually really extensive.

Just off the top of my head I play Shaco (AP and AD), Nocturne, Twitch, Xin Zhao, Jarvan, Warwick, Vi, Wukong, Zac, Zed, Malphite, Nautilus, Rengar, Diana, Aatrox, Cho'Gath, Nasus, Mundo, Fiddlesticks, Hecarim, Jax, Rammus, Skarner, Udyr, Tryndamere, Trundle, and Yorick.  

AP top doesn't really affect you early game and most people don't itemize against jungle unless they are very fed. Even if you are vs an AP lane, Haunting Guise offers enough health to survive lane which is all you need, and still gives flat magic pen if they start building MR early, or if you are getting bursted easily/targeted go Zhonya's.

Abyssal is still an ok item on Kat just there are better items to get first.

Don't get me wrong, I always always always build Haunting Guise first on Kat, alongside boots, but I think that rushing Abyssal after that isn't a bad idea if the other team has more than one AP champ, especially if you start having Dragon fights or jungle skirmishes. If that isn't the case, then I always goes for Zhonya's into Deathcap, then build whatever I need for the game.

Archived