Chance's Format - TOURNAMENT IV OVER - Congratulations Wildflame!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Basara' timestamp='1352407549' post='6064009']
Maybe he/she just do not want to miss this up like I did.

Also is it wise -in general- to side 2~4 (semi-) limited cards ?
[/quote]
You probably should have something like TT/Mirror Force or Dark Hole/Heavy Storm sided if they aren't maindecked, just in case. But this discussion is best left for the discussion thread.

[quote name='Azphreal' timestamp='1352414334' post='6064091']
Working on Monarchs, since I play them and I haven't done my skeletons yet... :mellow:

Skeletons'll be up tonight when I can access DN.
[/quote]
If you want to just get them over with, and know what cards you want to do, I can make the images for you and send them by PM for you to post.

Close enough. PM sent.

EDIT: First deck here, making adjustments to the other two.

[spoiler='Cloudian Control'][img]http://i.imgur.com/AmJ6R.png[/img][/spoiler]

EDIT2: Second and third skeletons.

[spoiler='Frognarchs'][img]http://i.imgur.com/LTAUd.png[/img][/spoiler][spoiler='Lancer Frogs'][img]http://i.imgur.com/nh8r0.png[/img][/spoiler]

EDIT3: Updated the decks a bit.

Hmm, this actually looks interesting, as far as Chance Format Tourneys go. However, I can't participate in this one, sadly; got too much on my plate. If you look in my sig, you'll see why: working on a game and a short novel. That's a lot to take in, so, yeah, can't participate this time.

But I wish everyone the best and hope everyone kicks some @$$.

[spoiler=process]
Ok, participant numbers from 1 to 13. From the results of Random.Org, and without counting the times a number was repeated again in the generator.
10 13 11 7 2 1 3 12 4 8 6 5 9

From that, and the order in which each contestant entered the tournament, we have this:
01) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Excalibur-sama / DN: BlindMonkey / Challonge: N/A[/size][/font][/color]
02) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Shadow92 / DN: Shadow92 / Challonge: Shadow92[/size][/font][/color]
03) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Reborn Black / DN: Marsuvees Black / Challonge: N/A[/size][/font][/color]
04)[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] slayer_supreme / DN: supreme_slayer / Challonge: slayer_supreme[/size][/font][/color]
05)[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Archbaron Barthandelus / DN: Ratskin / Challonge: N/A[/size][/font][/color]
06) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Chance Furlong / DN: Kenji Inuma / Challonge: Kenji_Inuma[/size][/font][/color]
07)[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥ / DN: Sightlessreality / Challonge: N/A[/size][/font][/color]
08) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Dwarven King / DN: Dwarven King / Challonge: Dwarven King[/size][/font][/color]
09)[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Frex / DN: Frex / Challonge: N/A[/size][/font][/color]
10)[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Azphreal / DN: Azphreal19 / Challonge: Azphreal[/size][/font][/color]
11)[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Wildflame / DN: Wildflame / Challonge: Wildflame[/size][/font][/color]
12) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]DeathSDelano / DN: DeathSDelano / Challonge: N/A[/size][/font][/color]
13) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Basara / DN: xBASARAx / Challonge: xBASARAx[/size][/font][/color]

Now to see what the Decks you guys get (from left to right)
26 36 28 33 7 39 27 14 23 17 32 2 34

3 35 5 37 29 12 9 21 25 15 38 31 13

22 4 20 19 11 24 10 6 1 8 30 16 18
[/spoiler]
Soooo....

01) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Excalibur-sama / DN: BlindMonkey / Challonge: N/A[/size][/font][/color]

02) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Shadow92 / DN: Shadow92 / Challonge: Shadow92[/size][/font][/color]

03) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Reborn Black / DN: Marsuvees Black / Challonge: N/A[/size][/font][/color]

04)[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] slayer_supreme / DN: supreme_slayer / Challonge: slayer_supreme[/size][/font][/color]

05)[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Archbaron Barthandelus / DN: Ratskin / Challonge: N/A[/size][/font][/color]

06) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Chance Furlong / DN: Kenji Inuma / Challonge: Kenji_Inuma[/size][/font][/color]

07)[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥ / DN: Sightlessreality / Challonge: N/A[/size][/font][/color]

08) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Dwarven King / DN: Dwarven King / Challonge: Dwarven King[/size][/font][/color]

09)[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Frex / DN: Frex / Challonge: N/A[/size][/font][/color]

10)[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Azphreal / DN: Azphreal19 / Challonge: Azphreal[/size][/font][/color]

11)[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Wildflame / DN: Wildflame / Challonge: Wildflame[/size][/font][/color]

12) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]DeathSDelano / DN: DeathSDelano / Challonge: N/A[/size][/font][/color]

13) [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Basara / DN: xBASARAx / Challonge: xBASARAx[/size][/font][/color]

Everyone get your respective skeleton numbers from the OP.
I'm a bit busy this morning, so I don't know what decks I gave to each one, I'll be back later to see what kind of monstruosities I just did.

[quote name='♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥' timestamp='1352492673' post='6064982']
Umm.............(lack of deck knowledge kicking it) whats skeleton 12 & 21 suppose to be.............(Knew this would happen) ;.;
[/quote]

12 is a Koa'ki meiru with a Urnight Base to allow easy swarming or Xyz summon and 21 is lightrays I believe.

@D.A - Skelly 12 is Koaki (from further view point, it looks like Koaki Control as I've done some research). It tends to shut down LIGHT/DARK decks and try to beat down the rest. It's mainly Dragon Based, so you can splash in a Dragon engine with it. Also, the Beast-Warrior part seems to beat down and go into Xyzs while maintaining field presense (until the End Phase that is).

Skelly 21 is Light of the Xyzs. You use Lightrays and work from their individual effects for set-up, using anything you can get your hands into (Lightray Sorcerer for banishing, Grepher for Graveyard set up, and Diabolos for field removal). You can go into Rank 5s relatively easy.

[quote name='♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥' timestamp='1352492673' post='6064982']
Umm.............(lack of deck knowledge kicking it) whats skeleton 12 & 21 suppose to be.............(Knew this would happen) ;.;
[/quote]

12 is Koaki Meiru
Urnight is a 2000 ATK Level 4. You reveal the Iron Core from your hand to Special Summon a Koaki Meiru from your Deck each turn.
The Rock at the beginning of the screen searches for the Iron Core, or any Koaki Meiru when destroyed by Battle.
The Blue Dragon prevents certain attributes from being Special Summoned,
The second monster of that skeleton, has 1900 ATK and lets you grab back any koaki meiru from your Graveyard to your hand every time he kills something (iirc)
Then the Level 8 monster banishes your Iron Cores to destroy something each turn. He is a sort of last resort, and is the only one that actually needs the Core Spell to survive (the others can get away with revealing a monster with the same type). It's still an easy to Summon 3000 ATK monster.
They are all beatsticks.

I forgot what Tornado does.

That's the basic idea.
Look for a continuous card that let's you search for the Iron Cores, it's more useful than it initially looks like.
Also, Horn of the Phantom Beast iirc.

As for the 21. It's Lightrays.
I have never seen how they are used....

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1352493042' post='6064986']
12 is a Koa'ki meiru with a Urnight Base to allow easy swarming or Xyz summon and 21 is lightrays I believe.
[/quote]
[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1352493137' post='6064987']
@D.A - Skelly 12 is Koaki (from further view point, it looks like Koaki Control as I've done some research). It tends to shut down LIGHT/DARK decks and try to beat down the rest. It's mainly Dragon Based, so you can splash in a Dragon engine with it. Also, the Beast-Warrior part seems to beat down and go into Xyzs while maintaining field presense (until the End Phase that is).

Skelly 21 is Light of the Xyzs. You use Lightrays and work from their individual effects for set-up, using anything you can get your hands into (Lightray Sorcerer for banishing, Grepher for Graveyard set up, and Diabolos for field removal). You can go into Rank 5s relatively easy.
[/quote]
umm.......okay.....

So just to completely confirm. We only choose one of the 3 skeletons and thats what we'll be playing with throughout the entire tourny?

Piper, Valley and Madolche.

To whoever got any of my skeles I am very sorry..

Also, is there a tier list or any info on how hard a deck is to counter in this formet, even a baisc one some I can rest my mind.
Though those MADolche are something I will never play..

Edit: chance and [b]sleepy [/b]pretty much cover 21, thought I would like to say it can be stall with Cyber V. [b]and stuff[/b] or [i]quick[/i] with lightsworns.

[b]Editting edit: chance 13 player here and in the last one are cursed or something[/b]

[quote name='Sleepy' timestamp='1352493221' post='6064989']
Then the Level 8 monster banishes your Iron Cores to destroy something each turn. He is a sort of last resort, and is the only one that actually needs the Core Spell to survive (the others can get away with revealing a monster with the same type). It's still an easy to Summon 3000 ATK monster.
They are all beatsticks.

I forgot what Tornado does.
[/quote]

Tornado lets you top deck your Iron core in your hand to destroy all Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls.
And maximus can be kept alive by also discarding a Koa'ki Meiru monster instead of the iron core.

Archived