~YCM's Dating Club~ (Join, because we're cool ;D)

DL 

Here's a topic.

Today, I was with the girl that I'm totally head over heels for, the senior I've mentioned already.

My friends are ridiculous and they like to embarrass me sometimes or act on when I'm with her, so today they took pictures of us together without us even knowing until later. I was going through the photos just now, and although I can feel that I'm happy with her, I was just so shocked to see the way I was smiling at her. I've never seen myself that way before. Candid and euphoric. Like she's everything. 

I don't look that way in any other candid pictures. It was just really nice to see myself that way. And that she matched my happiness too.

I just looked so incredibly happy. I'll probably treasure one of the photos forever.

So, the topic, have you ever wondered the way you look when around the person you like? Have you seen it in photos? Do you look any different there than with photos with friends? I definitely did.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, since there is nobody I like that way.
I also do not care for how I look with friends and am annoyed by somebody taking pictures, so being asked to take a picture is much more of a bother than taking a picture itself, where I usually can't show expression. The only humor I can offer is that if I forced myself to smile, I'd be lying to the photographer.

Once I realize I like someone I'm literally always smiling. The person could bluntly ignore me and even though I'd probably be confused or a bit hurt I still wouldn't be able to not smile. I usually smile all the time so whenever I'm with someone I really like I do the stupidest things with the biggest smiles. I have never seen myself react but I feel it because my words start going limp and my face becomes numb from all of the smiling. And sometimes my eyes might drift to the person without even realizing it. Whenever my friend notices that she coughs really loudly, that way not only do I snap out of my trans but the person looks up and it's literally one of the most embarrassing things. What can I say I'm a complete dork around the people I like.  

And I'm single again, almost one year, and I went to see her on her bday, and still doing everything I could and was able to, still got me back to be single. It hurts of course, but I can't let her or anyone know about it, once again falling in to my own darkness so I can shield myself from that untill I find someone else... I'm addicted to love and relationships...

A side note, i've observed that the majority, if not all, problems we have addressed and have yet to be addressed, are quite complex issues that usually lead to some degree of self-discovery or acceptance, which is quite impressive in my eyes.

Anyway, Gabriel, i see what you're saying, basically, all the information i have to offer in advisory terms is that do exactly that, wait for somebody new to peak your interest, and, should you deem it worthy, pursue that said person, should you fail in your endeavor  well then you'll have learnt a lesson to add to an ever-growing arsenal of life-lessons.

My secondary piece of advice concerns the whole, darkness thing; don't allow negative emotions to take hold in something that is for all intents and purposes, petty, hold your head up high and allow the experience to pull you further along your life path, after all, all our memories, good and bad, can help push us along, don't let them hold you down. 

A side note, i've observed that the majority, if not all, problems we have addressed and have yet to be addressed, are quite complex issues that usually lead to some degree of self-discovery or acceptance, which is quite impressive in my eyes.

Anyway, Gabriel, i see what you're saying, basically, all the information i have to offer in advisory terms is that do exactly that, wait for somebody new to peak your interest, and, should you deem it worthy, pursue that said person, should you fail in your endeavor  well then you'll have learnt a lesson to add to an ever-growing arsenal of life-lessons.

My secondary piece of advice concerns the whole, darkness thing; don't allow negative emotions to take hold in something that is for all intents and purposes, petty, hold your head up high and allow the experience to pull you further along your life path, after all, all our memories, good and bad, can help push us along, don't let them hold you down. 

Well I apreciate what you said and on the first part its exactly what I am going to do, since I am broken, nothing bad can happen now.

On the second part, my Darkness aren't just dark or deep emotions that will pull me down, theya re there of course, the main thing is a bigger take over from one of my other Me's over the others, adn that one uses those emotions and the fact that he can brake people easily as a steam to keep not onely himself but the other Me's alive and going, and in overall, he is really pridefull and selfish, so holding his head high is like breathing for him.

That's life, sadly. I'm constantly battling negative emotions, and darkness that threatens to overcome. 

Still, I try to see the best in what there is, although the situation I'm currently in makes that rather difficult...

I wish I could find a nice girl and get her to like me... That could help a lot...

Bad luck Gabriel.

Anyway, recently stuff with me has gotten so annoying, and just is wearing me down, and just the same cycle of pain and misery again and again and again and again and so on so forth. Same stuff as ever, aside from the fact it's slowly feeling like all my friends are leaving me alone.

But enough about me, what I want to know is have any of you guys gotten to a point where, you just want love and romance and all those feelings to just leave you alone for a long time? Or even just never come back. Because right now I'm sick to death of it.

Well being single is great! But I don't think I could ever be done with love. I mean it has it's ups and downs. Sometimes you feel lovely, and well sometimes you feel like throwing a brick at someone. But in the end it's addicting, and it has a pretty nice vibe. 

I've actually never been in a relationship before. I go to an all-boys Catholic school so there isn't much opportunity to ask anyone out. A lot of people say that being single is better anyway though.

HA!! Boy did they screw you over. With me, I suffer day in and day out for being single my whole life. There were so many chances for me to ask someone out, I missed so many to the point of never noticing them. Being by yourself is possibly a fate worse than death. Trust me. :mellow:

@ Barty:

Never.  Then again, never been "in love" nor been in any real relationship.  Mainly due to paranoia and me putting my dreams and desires before anything.  Though my paranoia and distrust of everyone helps.  Not to mention every time I wonder what it would be like to be in an relationship and if I should ask out a guy or girl I liked, a small (SCREAMING) voice in my head constantly reminds me of how much suffering and how unrewarding it'll be.  Oh, can't forget about the backstabbing.  It continues spouting out how s/he will simply just use me and then get rid of me in the most humiliating way possible.  So instead I go back to studying and building stuff.  Anything from making chain mail armor (shirts, hoods, etc) out of bronze wiring to reading military handbooks on weapons and survival.  Hell, I've found that cookbook I've been wanting and been reading it out of boredom.   

@ General in regards to viewing life

I take a similar approach.  Instead of seeing how to make everything more in a favorable light, I prefer to view everything as just happening.  Good, bad, neutral.  All doesn't matter since it's already happened and you can't change that.  Just move on and if it angers you, make plans to horribly hurt it.  

Just like what I have planned for the future.

If my dad asks if he could crash at my place, reminding me of all the times we had fun together (None, hell, he made sure I couldn't go and have fun.  He didn't even raised me as a kid.) or how great he was, I'll decline, and go back to living alone in my hopefully small, dirty, depressing apartment. 

Should my own mom asks me for the same thing, I'd do the same.  When she reminds me of how I'm her son, I'll remind her how she left me and my dad on the streets after taking everything from us (My other brothers, all our cash, our house in which she sold, etc.)  and then go back to my life

Or how my big bro asks for a place to stay, reminding me of how we're family (Yeah, after you stole my college fund and over $1k, I fucking forgive you.  Not to mention kicking me out of my room, staining my bed with you and your gf's love juices, and all that shit.), I'll laugh and hang up.  I'll make sure no one in my family knows where I'll live.  And the few that knows,  I know they won't give the location.  Why?  Because they won't really give a fuck.

Well being single is great! But I don't think I could ever be done with love. I mean it has it's ups and downs. Sometimes you feel lovely, and well sometimes you feel like throwing a brick at someone. But in the end it's addicting, and it has a pretty nice vibe. 

Sounds like something I'd hate to be in.  Then again everything has it's ups and downs.  

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Never had one. Somehow, I've never managed to be in a relationship on New Year's...

As for the number on the Gregorian Calendar going up by 1... I like to view it as evidence that I've managed to go an entire year without killing anyone. And trust me, there are some people that are just so plain stupid...

As for the number on the Gregorian Calendar going up by 1... I like to view it as evidence that I've managed to go an entire year without killing anyone. And trust me, there are some people that are just so plain stupid...

I not just trust you, but I know how that feels.

I've been kissed once and that's from my best friend when I moved away. I miss her.

Isn't there any possible way for you two to regain touch?

I myself for a while have lost contact with some people that I didn't wanted to lose, so I tried what I could and what I couldn't to regain touch and found my ways for it.

and guys and girls, I have a little situation that a piece of advice would do me some good, the thing is, for a while now I have turned single again, and tried asking some girls out, didn't worked, however those weren't much close to me so that didn't changed anything really, but there is this girl, we have known each other for a while, but we only got in touch lately, so... would it be too reckless asking her out now?

[quote name="Gabriel Maeso" post="6198913" timestamp="1368310221"] and guys and girls, I have a little situation that a piece of advice would do me some good, the thing is, for a while now I have turned single again, and tried asking some girls out, didn't worked, however those weren't much close to me so that didn't changed anything really, but there is this girl, we have known each other for a while, but we only got in touch lately, so... would it be too reckless asking her out now?[/quote] Will it make the friendship awkward if she doesn't think so then just try it

and guys and girls, I have a little situation that a piece of advice would do me some good, the thing is, for a while now I have turned single again, and tried asking some girls out, didn't worked, however those weren't much close to me so that didn't changed anything really, but there is this girl, we have known each other for a while, but we only got in touch lately, so... would it be too reckless asking her out now?

Okay don't just ask her out because your out of a relationship and desperate. (I'm sorry to assume that you are, but that's what it sounds like). I don't think you should raise someone hopes when you don't even have feelings for them. Trust me I've been in the situation. I was actually really upset about the fact that someone would ask me out like that. And of course he was rejected. 
Plus think about it, how long is a while. Just because you might have known her before doesn't mean she's the same. It's stupid to want a chance when your desperate. 

Sorry for my bluntness; It's just me being rational. So yeah it's reckless and a bad idea. 

Archived