~YCM's Dating Club~ (Join, because we're cool ;D)

DL 

Thanks Rapid and I do know the answers to this questions, its just the other girl makes time for me and treats me "better" and I should have gotten to know the other one better, I sort of just jumped into which was a huge mistake that I can admit to. I guess I'm just more attached to the memories is all when it comes down to it, yeah she treated me like she did but she was sweet as could be other times.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I hate to do this, Pandora, I'll have to agree with VK.

From reading the conversation, it appears that your partner has no interest in having a real relationship, and you ought to just send her a text, plain and simple: "I'm leaving you."

Or, if you're really looking to wreck her, just don't even tell her you're doing it. Change your facebook status to say you're in a relationship with this friend of yours who actually seems interested.

*sigh* that stings like nothing else. Trust me.

Do not do this.

No matter how she treated you, it is not okay to do something like this to someone. Just because he's hurt that someone did it to him does not make it okay to do.

It's okay to leave her, but at least be polite about it, and don't do it over the phone or through a text. It's just rude.

Pandora it's gonna be ok. Try to have closure in your relationship with your partner if you are having problems. It may hurt for a while but I gurantee you that it will be ok. And I apoligize for your loss of trust in friends and so on.

I dunno what's happening but on a quick read, all I can say is that if she isn't interested and you don't feel like it's going anywhere, I speak from experience that, you better end it before it makes more hurt for both of you and you end up having to listen form her mouth that she loves some other person and is giving up on you just to be alone.

I do have a question for you all... how it is to be hugged? I mean... I know how it is on an intelectual level and how the diferent arm possitionting could represent protection or support form the person, but how does it feels to actualy be held?

To be hugged by a dude or a female?

Females I believe, or just a hug with meaning.

Hugs from family members to me are the same as huging a door, and I know no guy that would hug another guy meaningfully and also I am not homosexual, bisexual or bicurious, so the deepest relationship I could have with a guy would be the same as to warriors on a battle field "Got your back." however, nowdays the deepest relationship I have with a dude is that of a friend you talk once in a while and silently nods when sees him on the street or something.

Do not do this.

No matter how she treated you, it is not okay to do something like this to someone. Just because he's hurt that someone did it to him does not make it okay to do.

It's okay to leave her, but at least be polite about it, and don't do it over the phone or through a text. It's just rude.

This is one of the best posts I've seen in this topic, and I want to agree. Regardless of somebody's actions, hurting them doesn't give anything to anybody, method unimportant. Instead of possibly hurting them, be peaceful and mature about it so that your relationship can end with neither of you feeling frustrated or guilty. Simply cutting contact with no reason or words behind them can be hurtful, said through my own experience.

Thank you for saying something so intelligent and mature.

Yeah, I guess Zecora's right....

At any rate, to answer your question, Gabe, it's... kinda hard to explain.

I mean, I do have some guy friends who are fruit cups and have tried hugging me... and it was... really awkward.

Then again, when one of my female friends hugs me, it just... I dunno. I like it, and I get the feeling they're there to help me if I need 'em.

And there's there's actually being held. Not like, picked up or anything, but that hug that starts with both of you embracing each other and ends up lasting a whole 2-3 minutes while you put your hand on her head and then her mom starts throwing candy corn at you.

I don't know how to actually put those feelings into words, but... it's nice. Something I fear VK may never allow to happen.

Well, maybe that first one...

I do have a question for you all... how it is to be hugged? I mean... I know how it is on an intelectual level and how the diferent arm possitionting could represent protection or support form the person, but how does it feels to actualy be held?

I'm a hugger, but I hate getting side-hugs. I tend to feel relieved when I'm hugging my female friends, cause I tend to feel like they care about me.

Anyway, an update about my situation: Turns out I'm a total idiot for forgetting this girl had a boyfriend that's coming out of prison soon. Well, that plan was ruined. At least I can connect with her a little more. That's not a bad thing.

I can't believe someone would actually say to dump someone by text. It's heartless, cruel and cheapening. And no matter what someone did, if you ever cared for them, they don't deserve it. And part of me is dissapointed by seeing that.

As for the point of what does it feel like to be hugged? There's nothing I can say about it. It's not something you can describe, because the details that compose it are so minute.

Now for an update from me that no one will care about, but I'm saying anyway because Venting is helpful. The past few days, it's felt like if I had a length of Rope I would use it. Which is just fun. I'm tired of romance, and having romantic feelings, and seeing it all around me, and I would just give near anything for it to stop. And of course there's no one I can talk to it about it, since my ex who is the problem will just change the subject if I bring it up, which hurts a bit, given that I'm always trying to be there for her. But that just seems to be what people do. I'm there for them, but then when it's the other way around I'm forgotten about. And all the while there's exam stress at the same time.

I'm also tempted to find the man who said Time is the greatest Healer, and shoot him repeatedly, because it feels like a complete and utter lie.

Anyhow, rant over. Go on with your lives like it never happened.

I can't believe someone would actually say to dump someone by text. It's heartless, cruel and cheapening. And no matter what someone did, if you ever cared for them, they don't deserve it. And part of me is dissapointed by seeing that.

It's happened. To me. Not saying that justifies my saying to do it, but it seems that the person in question needs a good, swift, kick in the pants.

As for the point of what does it feel like to be hugged? There's nothing I can say about it. It's not something you can describe, because the details that compose it are so minute.

Now for an update from me that no one will care about, but I'm saying anyway because Venting is helpful.

Yes, yes it is. Vent away.

The past few days, it's felt like if I had a length of Rope I would use it. Which is just fun.

Yes. It most certainly is. Good way to start a rant.

I'm tired of romance, and having romantic feelings, and seeing it all around me, and I would just give near anything for it to stop.

Been, there, bro. Sucksville.

And of course there's no one I can talk to it about it, since my ex who is the problem will just change the subject if I bring it up, which hurts a bit, given that I'm always trying to be there for her.

Yikes. Don't sound much like a talker. That's what this club is for, though. All you can do there is just be persistent. Either she'll give in and talk about it or she'll yell at you to drop it. 

But that just seems to be what people do. I'm there for them, but then when it's the other way around I'm forgotten about.

*nods* Yeah, that seems to happen. A lot.

And all the while there's exam stress at the same time.

There, I ain't been. Exams were never very tough for me.

I'm also tempted to find the man who said Time is the greatest Healer, and shoot him repeatedly, because it feels like a complete and utter lie.

I can think of several things more painful and inhumane than shooting. Shooting ends it too quickly, unless you know where to hit.

Anyhow, rant over. Go on with your lives like it never happened.

Eh, if you insist.

I'm tired of romance, and having romantic feelings, and seeing it all around me, and I would just give near anything for it to stop.

Dude, you don't know the half of it with my experiences. And I never had a girlfriend, but I feel like going crazy everytime I see a couple macking in the f**king hallway every single day.

I'm there for them, but then when it's the other way around I'm forgotten about.

Is it ironic that we have similar experiences? I feel like everyday I have to go about waiting for everybody to come to me for help, but they never come to me. I have to literally draw attention to myself in order for someone to give a flying f**k about me. It's ridiculous, I feel like I'm unappreciated, ignored, and not trusted with anything. Ugh. <_<

Hello everyone. How are your lives going? I've come to a recent realization but thats for later. I would like all of your thoughts and opinions on the following Do not confuse love with safety; simply because you feel good with someone doesn't mean you love them at all.

Hello everyone. How are your lives going? I've come to a recent realization but thats for later. I would like all of your thoughts and opinions on the following Do not confuse love with safety; simply because you feel good with someone doesn't mean you love them at all.

What are you calling love here? Because it's a word with a lot of different meanings.

It's happened. To me. Not saying that justifies my saying to do it, but it seems that the person in question needs a good, swift, kick in the pants.

If it's happened to you, you should know better than anyone how much it hurts. The fact that you'd still recommend it is horrifying. And I know that because it happened to me as well.

Yikes. Don't sound much like a talker. That's what this club is for, though. All you can do there is just be persistent. Either she'll give in and talk about it or she'll yell at you to drop it. 

She's depressed, and sucidal, and she never opens up to anyone. So I have to shut up about it, listen to her talk about the girl she fancies (Despite having given me shit for doing something similar), and act like I'm less messed up than I am.

There, I ain't been. Exams were never very tough for me.

Exams are only hard when you can't care enough to revise for it.

Dude, you don't know the half of it with my experiences. And I never had a girlfriend, but I feel like going crazy everytime I see a couple macking in the f**king hallway every single day.

If I were a bigger arse, I'd call you out on that. Needless to say, you don't fully know my experiences. It's not even that hurts me. It's just seeing it. Seeing their smiles, and how happy they are in it. And just the reminder of my mistakes, and it all spirals off from there again and again and again and again and again and....

Ok. Stopping now before I seem deranged.

Take that to this section.

I know I shouldn't, but many times I've considered giving up on my crush. I just fear that in the off chance I do get to see her again, I just don't know what we'd have in common. It feels so shallow to like someone just because I liked them in the past. I just want resolution to these feelings.

Honestly, Barty, I have a bit of a sadistic streak. Usually I keep it hidden, because it's something that most people don't understand.

That, however, has nothing to do with this. The fact is, it is cruel, cheapening, and cold. I know that. I know how it feels to be on the receiving end. While I can't say I've been the one to have my emotions toyed with, I don't imagine that it feels much better. Young Pandora here (I'm assuming she's young.) seems to be being strung along and used. That's why I suggest this as an option.

Under normal circumstances, I'd never recommend doing something like this. However, one of the few things I can't stand is someone stringing along a young lady who's done nothing to deserve it. As this is the case that is happening here, I feel it warranted to give the offender some kind of treatment which will, hopefully, open her eyes to just what it is she's doing. She is treating Pandora coldly, and as though she's unimportant in the long run. Therefore, I feel Pandora ought to give this girl something that would make it seem she is the unimportant to Pandora. I don't know if this is the case in Pandora's mind, but it would seem to be the most effective way to balance the scales, would it not?

Alright, I apparently missed a lot from since I posted but I just want to point out that is was a ldr so it had to be by text (yes, I do know that's a shitty way to do it but it's really the only way either of us would've been able to if needed). And I let her down lightly as I could, I didn't say it was for good because after thinking about it I'm honestly not sure if it is because I do have a lot of feelings for her and when we were talking and she explained why she did all those things it started to make sense and I felt even more horrible for it; we're apparently still supposed to talk but she hasn't messaged me at all since after we talked that night but I guess I'm just really confused at the moment and tried to find reasons to break up with her even though I knew the answer to all those reasons and why that happened but I just cared about her too much to hurt her if anything between me and my friend happened and I didn't want that so pretty much why I finally decided to do it was more or less to protect her from being hurt and because I needed time to think because I'm honestly not even sure who I like more, one minute I think it's her and the other I think it's the other girl so that's just a little update on everything since I kind of missed out since I haven't really been on since I posted about it.

Okay, two things.

1) use more periods. Please, use more of them.

2) Sounds like you've got things on your end under control. I don't think I'd get back with someone who ignored me so often, but, it seems she had reasons, according to this. Well, as long as you feel you understand a reason for it. Well, let us know how all this turns out, alright?

Archived