~YCM's Dating Club~ (Join, because we're cool ;D)

DL 

I'm the type of guy who looks at numbers, events, and all that fun stuff to determine everything.

Example given:  If for some absurd reason I date a chick and I find out her track record and find out she was a frat whore(Type of woman who in college, will have partners numbering in the high double digits), you'd know damn well I'll be less incline to date her.  But if say I met a bro who was known to follow the guido life style, based on his life style you'd better be sure I won't like being around him.

Or let's say a man had a violent streak, you'd be sure I'll avoid him.  Or let's say a company has a history of making dumb choices, I'll believe the company will continue to do so.

As my teacher once put it, I might as well be an emotionless when it comes with people.  Puppies and animals?  Loving and caring.  People?  Cold hearted and brutal.

I also expect people to do the same to me.  

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hold that against you, things always happen. Everything you say is touching, and I really want you to have my kids for you are just that amazing. <3 I really need to work on my joking. XD

Pffs, I'm so not touching. If you ever get to know me around other people I'm the one who doesn't think at all. I speak from the heart, and when I'm hungry from my stomach.  

If you were perfect, you would either be the Third Admin, or have left YCM already. So, you're not perfect Smear. Just saiyan. cwutididthar?

I'm perfect because instead of trying to leave YCM, I'm one of those few that want to stay. xP

And being an admin = perfect?
YCMAKER
FALLING PIZZA

GOOD DAY SAH

Romantic friendships do exist, darlin'. Maybe you can co*slapped* I think I deserved that.

Not the way I roll. But those friendships never stay that way for long. It's actually pretty stupid to me. If I like someone most likely I'll tell them. 

Doubtful.

Oh hai, guys.

I thought you were leaving.

On another note, statistics are created to be made as a generalization of a demography. Even in statistics, margin of error and standard deviation exist, with the margin of error only being based on a confidence interval, so even professionals understand statistics are fallible.

Well, VK, for some reason, joined a dating club, with no intention of dating. He apparently sees humans as statistics, and believes that numbers can tell him everything he needs to know about people. He also believes that designing "Final Fantasy 3045" is more important than raising a daughter*. So, instead of even trying to be in a relationship with another human, VK has decided to not even attempt it, like a man would.

*VK is single, and has no children. His dream is to be a game designer, and to that end plans on never having any form of relationship, outside of being acquaintances, and dying alone., 

Well, VK, for some reason, joined a dating club, with no intention of dating. He apparently sees humans as statistics, and believes that numbers can tell him everything he needs to know about people. He also believes that designing "Final Fantasy 3045" is more important than raising a daughter*. So, instead of even trying to be in a relationship with another human, VK has decided to not even attempt it, like a man would.

*VK is single, and has no children. His dream is to be a game designer, and to that end plans on never having any form of relationship, outside of being acquaintances, and dying alone., 

At least the dude fully understands what kind of commitment he wishes to make is and, unlike a good majority of the people here, knows the importance of playing devil's advocate in certain situations. Personally, I have to give kudos to VK from what I've seen him post thus far.

Well considering he's right about numbers and statistics i see this turning out in an admittedly decent way...however eventually the basic human need for acceptance and comfort in an intimate setting will take hold and he'll probably kill himself...least we'll get a new game out of it right?

It's a bit sad that the people who make the worst posts in the topic are acting so negatively to the person (or one of) who makes the most engaging and best posts in the topic. Not to mention that his adverse nature to the rest of the club makes discussions with him more interesting and/or thought provoking.

If he ever succumbs to whatever that punk posted, he'll find comfort in the few people here who will unconditionally accept him. Of course, I'm ready to say I feel in such a way.

Gerra:

Would you rather miss your daughter's bday and lose your job and have shit hit the fan or keep your job and have money for your daughter's future?  Cause the video game industry is cut throat.  If you work for any of the big names, and if you raise any problems, you will be dismissed and replaced easily.  You're nothing but a replaceable cog and nothing more.  I've met morons who thought other wise and thought it would be awesome to be a designer.  I knew better and I watched them suffer a lot for thinking like that.  They lost contact with family, with friends and their better halves.  They lost their romantic interests, health, and gained lots of weight while losing loads of sleep.  Not to mention they never saw a single cent of money the game made.  If they made a single complaint they were fired and replaced.  Not to mention the unpaid 9-15 month overtime.  All for what?  A pat on the back, $1000, 1 week off, and getting paid at most, $50,000 a year? Of course there's royalty but you'll only get nearly a third of it.  The rest goes to the publisher and even then, they're allowed to screw you out of millions as they did with Infinity Ward and look at what happened when they wanted some of that.  They lost over 50% of their teams, AND THEY'RE THE ONES WHO MADE A GAME THAT SOLD A BILLION OR SO.  What chance do you think a regular old programmer has?  You'd have to suffer through this for 5-10 years before the pay becomes SLIGHTLY worth it from $50,000 to $60,000.  Other professions in programming start out at $60,000-$80,000 and gets better towards the six figure mark as they advance.  The only reason I want to do this is simple.  I want to make games I'd play.  There's a niche for it.  I know it.  The 4X, Horror, and RPG genre are hungry for more games!  Not shitty games like FF13, C&C4, or WarZ.

In addition I see no point in wasting time, resources, and possibly scaring my mind mentally and emotionally on someone whom I'll most likely break up with.

Also, the only relationships I allow are friends, family, and acquaintances.

All of which will be strained once I get into programming due to the heavy workload.

Koko:

Thank you Koko.  I plan on continuing my way of thinking until I need to change it.

Proxy:

I find killing yourself quite alien. I'd rather ride things out unless things get physically unbearable, even then I'd still rather suffer then kill myself.

I'm one of the few people in my family who rather live in a hellhole then kill yourself and be at peace.  This has influenced me to get into trans-humanism.  Sure, if the strides in technology required happens and if conscious uploading (NOT COPYING, UPLOADING.  ALL IT'LL DO IS BASICALLY MAKE A CLONE OF YOURSELF AND EVEN THEN IT COULD ACT THE OPPOSITE OF YOU) becomes a reality I could afford, you know I'll do it.  Sure I'll lose my body, be seen as a monster to society and my family, but fuck it.  I want the chance to live forever.  I want to fucking learn everything there is and should not be.  Even if conscious uploading won't happen I'm still gonna invest in cryogenics.  

Not to mention I want to live in an age where space travel is common.  Where I could, one day, in the far future.  Become a space trucker or miner.

Aversa:

Kind words but most people would want me dead, suffering, or gone usually when I make posts like this.  Though to be honest, I really have no feelings about being told to die or congratulated anymore.  Kinda lost all meaning to me now.

Thank you.

Though if I was to post one of the main reasons I don't try and have relationships, I'd get lynched by this club.

I'll tell you one of the reasons though that I've been driving home. I see no point.

New topic:

One of my family members tried to hook me up with her friend.

This is my exact face when she brings her friend over.

Judge-Dread-straight-face-watch-the-worl

I then said I wasn't interested and then promptly went back to my computer and played Planetside 2 for a few hours before leaving to paint my cousin's house.

How I should have handled it if I needed to be sensitive?

Archived