RP&D: Roleplay and Development

Aix

fff-

Jolta, could you please put a delay somewhat?

Your RP idea was interesting from the cross-over idea, but this one extends it to a bigger scale, as well as having a more serious theme, rather than just a slice-of-life type of RP.

I don't want to just quit your RP, but your RP was already lagging, so a delay could help, and juggling 4 RPs (My own, Axi's, Yours, This) is sort of hard to do, especially if you have a somewhat restricted access to a computer for the next three weeks starting on the 7th.

;-;

EDIT: Hey, Merciful?

I'm sort of alright with card games, but I think actually using their own powers, perhaps just slightly modified to fit this RP, would lend a better serious tone which would actually seem to fit with the plot and all. Card games is kind of still weird to me, because it gives a really childish feeling, even if older audiences play it as well. S:

Also, I don't really like using canon characters, except for a few possible exceptions (Chamber & Ledo, Accelerator, and some others I can't think of right now). But using characters from other RPs (besides the familiars from Jolta's RP, or stuff from other RPs that's the same, because those are just the canon characters), seems a lot more interesting, because you could take those characters which you actually put work into and are like your own creation, and get to use them again.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a cross-over RP? Sort of like what Jolta did, but more of an actual battle-style stuff and serious tones and less of a slice-of-life, and you can include apps from other RPs as well?

Pretty much, yeah.

You can certainly count me in.

I'm glad to hear that~

EDIT: Hey, Merciful?

I'm sort of alright with card games, but I think actually using their own powers, perhaps just slightly modified to fit this RP, would lend a better serious tone which would actually seem to fit with the plot and all. Card games is kind of still weird to me, because it gives a really childish feeling, even if older audiences play it as well. S:

Also, I don't really like using canon characters, except for a few possible exceptions (Chamber & Ledo, Accelerator, and some others I can't think of right now). But using characters from other RPs (besides the familiars from Jolta's RP, or stuff from other RPs that's the same, because those are just the canon characters), seems a lot more interesting, because you could take those characters which you actually put work into and are like your own creation, and get to use them again.

Using characters from other RPs is the entire point of this roleplay I'm planning.!

And yes, I'm going to have to agree with your point. Planning out card games is actually a little difficult and time-consuming. It limits the plot too much, so it'd be much easier to have the characters outright face each other in combat - although as you said, if there's anything unbalanced, they'd have to be modified to fit this RP.

Sorry 'bout that, Ikari, but it's just easier ^^; Besides, what's the worst that could happen?

I would prefer them using their respective powers.
Based on what you have said, it sounds rather short. Sounds easy to finish.

Silly Jolta, finishing it isn't the point :P

The point is that everyone has fun using characters they've made in the past. And make crack pairings.

I really want to be in this RP now, damnit.

EDIT: iwanttobeacohost

Any idea when the OOC might go up?

EDIT 2: I want to be in this RP, but starting on the 7th, my access to a computer which I can post IC replies and all from are going to be limited quite a bit for three weeks.

If you could perhaps delay the OOC posting to accompany that, that would be nice, but I would understand if you can't.

Also, an Advanced Clause (4 lines) in IC posts is a must I think, because short, crap-posts won't help.

Also, I wouldn't accept any more applications after the IC goes up, due to the nature of the RP's plot, but that's up to you. The only problem I would say with accepting after the IC goes up, for this particular plot, would be how to introduce them into the story. Accepting them as villains is mostly a no, and too many "we found this guy in a bar" or "this mysterious new guy is fighting the same enemy as us, should we let him join" is going to make those sections of the RP seem weird and just eurgh.

I really want to be in this RP now, damnit.

Ehehe~ I'm glad you're excited?

EDIT 2: I want to be in this RP, but starting on the 7th, my access to a computer which I can post IC replies and all from are going to be limited quite a bit for three weeks.

If you could perhaps delay the OOC posting to accompany that, that would be nice, but I would understand if you can't.

Also, an Advanced Clause (4 lines) in IC posts is a must I think, because short, crap-posts won't help.

Also, I wouldn't accept any more applications after the IC goes up, due to the nature of the RP's plot, but that's up to you. The only problem I would say with accepting after the IC goes up, for this particular plot, would be how to introduce them into the story. Accepting them as villains is mostly a no, and too many "we found this guy in a bar" or "this mysterious new guy is fighting the same enemy as us, should we let him join" is going to make those sections of the RP seem weird and just eurgh.

Isn't the Advanced Clause mandatory anyway?

As for the OOC, I'm not sure when it'll be up. Possibly in a day or two, or possibly in a few weeks. Even so, I'll try to delay the start of the IC for you if that's alright.

Isamy has plenty of free time, so she can always drag new combatants out of nowhere in order to bolster her forces. It's the Counter Corps, however, that's the problem for me. Since Emiya will be fighting alongside his recruits, he can't just zap away to pick up new people, and 'space-time anomaly that teleports them straight to the battlefield' seems a little cheesy to me.

I'll have to think about this a little bit.

Well... as

Ehehe~ I'm glad you're excited?

Isn't the Advanced Clause mandatory anyway?

As for the OOC, I'm not sure when it'll be up. Possibly in a day or two, or possibly in a few weeks. Even so, I'll try to delay the start of the IC for you if that's alright.

Isamy has plenty of free time, so she can always drag new combatants out of nowhere in order to bolster her forces. It's the Counter Corps, however, that's the problem for me. Since Emiya will be fighting alongside his recruits, he can't just zap away to pick up new people, and 'space-time anomaly that teleports them straight to the battlefield' seems a little cheesy to me.

I'll have to think about this a little bit.

Didn't Emiya make an organization?  I'd figure there could be people who scout out potential recruits.

And I guess they can search 'hub worlds' for their recruits.  Just make it so that a symptom of the universal destabilization causes random people to be pulled from their own worlds into the hub world.

Didn't Emiya make an organization?  I'd figure there could be people who scout out potential recruits.

And I guess they can search 'hub worlds' for their recruits.  Just make it so that a symptom of the universal destabilization causes random people to be pulled from their own worlds into the hub world.

Not really, all he did was gather people around, make a team, and call them the 'Counter Corps' (since it's pretty much a branch of the Counter Force, a metaphysical power). Think of it like the Avengers, or the Justice League, only not everyone is a good guy.

As for the hub world thing, I'm guessing you mean like Traverse Town? That's possible. I might just make it the Shadow Realm so it'd be easier for these characters to interact with the main plot.

Dangit. I've really been looking for a Yu-Gi-Oh! RP.
Though, for the crossover, I have a suggestion. Since characters could have different power levels, why not make the card game a sort of limiter, taking a page from the book of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories? They are forced to create a Yu-Gi-Oh! deck because they have lost most of their powerful abilities, if any, and it sort of evens out the playing field.

Duking out fights using card games just seems absurdly silly and childish to me, with a plot meant to be serious. Also, you accept villains Merciful? That might cause some problems... I might be wrong, but it sort of sounds like that Isamy can recruit actual player characters. Problem is with when the heroes and villains clash. :/

Parsee
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I lean more towards fantasy.  Dungeons and Dragons or Fire Emblem.  :3
Preferred Character Type: More along the lines of the aloof kid who wants to become the best.
Skills: I really, really like plot developing...  although that's pretty much it.  Also, large projects are my thing, too.

Personally, there's no achievement in short arcs. Either have one long arc, or multiple short arcs condensed into a single thread. Otherwise, the effort put into it can't be recognized. 

Like if you drink water out of a bottle and then close it again before giving it to someone else, they'll automatically assume that the water had been bottled up that low to begin with.

What are your opinion on tactical roleplays?  Kind of using a setup like Chess only with statistics and personal positioning and the like.

Well that is how I've always, or at least for a good few years now, have viewed role plays. Every character is somewhere on the "board/map" and you have to maneuver your character around and try to manipulate the others to get them where you need them to be, or where you want them too be.

As such any role play can be treated as a tactical one where it's set up like Chess.

Now statistic role plays haven't been popular exactly, but I have been out of the loop for a bit so that might have changed.

Now statistic role plays haven't been popular exactly, but I have been out of the loop for a bit so that might have changed.

Actually, as far as I know, they've decreased in popularity over time. I'm not sure how many people would be willing to roll a die to determine attacks nowadays.

Things like that are really only necessary in large-scale roleplays of the like where an entire site is devoted to them.

Agreed. Now I can see a single role play using some version of statistics to ensure that people cannot cheat or to make things a bit more difficult for the role players, but going that far is too much and I'm pretty sure most people will not be willing to work with that.

Archived