Yu-Gi-Oh Arcadia [PG-13/OoC/Started/Not Accepting]

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the compliment---

Sorry, but I'm already really busy, and I'm not even going to think about it unless this RP somehow concludes. ..

And now I'm going to tell you something very interesting and very dark, something you must remember for the rest of your time here in YCM.

[spoiler=Spoilered because I may be a little out of character here myself and I don't wanna disturb anyone~]
Hearts of Darkness and Return of the Orichalcos were both super very close to their climaxes (the final battles were even set up and ready to go), but everyone disappeared at the end. It took a lot of PMs and patience to push Legend Blood to its own climax. Finishing an RP is very difficult. It's really rare. I understand you still have hope, but let me put it into perspective.

Roleplays are made by aspiring hosts every few days or so, and this is a process that has been going on for six years. To put yourself in perspective, exit this thread. Exit it right now and go to the Out-of-Character Section. Now, go to the last page, and see how many there are. If your YCM is like mine, then each page has 15 threads. Almost every single thread is a roleplay thread, a dead roleplay thread. If you count, you'll find that there's over five hundred. And that's not even half of it.

This section hadn't always existed, you know. In the past, there was only the roleplaying thread. We would make just one thread, and then people post their apps, and they participate right there and then without going to a second thread. Whenever they needed to say something out of character, they wrote ((like this)). Now that you know this, go up again from the Out-of-Character Section to the Roleplaying Section, and go to the very last page...there's a hundred and sixty. Take away forty, and we have a total hundred-and-twenty pages worth of dead RPs.

That's over 1800 dead RP threads.

And how many, you ask, have succeeded? Why that's easy to answer, it's less than ten.

This should be all of them, that counts...hey, now I have a good excuse to dig them all out.
Return of the Arcadia Movement (by Exowolf and TFF)
Yugioh 5D's: Armageddon of the Virtual World (by Nightmare Zarkus)
Yugioh 5D's: Salvation of the Virtual World (again, by Nightmare Zarkus)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP: Part 2 (by ::Abarai Renji)
Chibi Knights - Chibi Knights vs. Darkness Knights (by DL and the rest of the Chibi Knights club)
Kingdom Hearts Reversed/Rewake (by Frybread002, TFF, and me)
Assassin's Creed: Generations (by Chaos Sonic)
Legend Blood (by ME :D)

What you're looking at are the only RPs out of 1800 to finish. Count. There's seven. I may have missed one or two (there were at least five I ignored, but they were abruptly ended so I wouldn't really count them in), but that makes up everything.

Do the maths, and that gives you a grand 0.07% chance of a roleplay finishing. Of course, there are many factors, but since 2007, that would be the average.

I've hoped so many times for an RP to end. So many get close, but they always die. This is the fate of every Puella Magi roleplay.

Understand now how slim your chances are, RogueZero? That's not even close to 1%.
[/spoiler]

In other news, after going through tons of RPs through the decades, I now have a collective list of every finished RP in YCM history. I think I was saying something serious earlier, but I've forgotten it.

It's a sad truth unfortunately, I myself really wanted to finish Return of the Orichalcos, I even had a complete ending planned for one of my characters (Syria) for the end of the role play and was really dissapointed when it fell through ><

It's a sad truth unfortunately, I myself really wanted to finish Return of the Orichalcos, I even had a complete ending planned for one of my characters (Syria) for the end of the role play and was really dissapointed when it fell through ><

>w<
I'm sorry!
I do plan on revisiting that RP in the future!

Chains, seriously, calm down and be patient.
Things take a while on forums. They aren't like chat clients where you can get an instantaneous response.
Go for a walk or something, or maybe play a flash game. Nitrome has an excellent library of fun retro flash games.

She said she'll be back like 6 hours ago.

@Chains

NPC Characters should have no background, otherwise it would be confuzzling as all hell. (At least for me)

Anyway, any direction on what our characters do in the first post, Saph?

yea i dunno what to write, and what about the duelist characters.

I dunno, but it looked like it has to do with the invitation of the Duel Fair

Duelists should be preparing for the Duel Fair, or find out about it at least your first post. Other than that take the first post to introduce your character, maybe interact with other Duelists. I don't want to rush straight into the Duel Fair, and keep in mind its still a week from the current date. Feel free to create some NPCs for character development. 

She said she'll be back like 6 hours ago.

Sorry, they got me the wrong prescription, and I had to wait for them to be done, then I had to run out for groceries, and got roped into lunch with my friends. 

You know what? You're absolutely right.
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/285182-return-of-the-orichalcos-startedacceptingpg-13ooc/?view=getnewpost

Oh! Cool, its nice to see it back up. 

Who controls Manos and Monos again?

Manos and Monos are part of a five person NPC team known as the psychic elite. Basically Sayer's second in command. I was going to give you a chance to post before hand and establish Kira's location and what-not, but I can edit them in if you like. For now I'll control them. 

and what do psychic characters do?

Introduce your characters inside of the Arcaida Movement Building, give some character development, you could talk about how your training was that day, or your character's daily schedule. Really I have nothing planned for people's first post. All I want people to do is get there characters presented into the RP.  Right now I'm just giving people free rain to do what they want. I'll steer us into the story as soon as everybody has posted. 

Archived