Yu-Gi-Oh Arcadia [PG-13/OoC/Started/Not Accepting]

I Suspect you misunderstood some of my cards.

I said i'll change releasing of heaven most likely.

And i'll never xyz in this deck, and for hell's i'll ad it can only xyz a chain monster, also for issues of interfering other archetypes i can fix that with some words.

chain release has a cost, but i meant to change it to choose an opponent's PARALYZED' Card to prevent confusion. Not a realistic cost

chain shackles becomes an equip spell card.

crosslock i admit my brain done goofed, it's suypposed to make a triple bind, to the monster who destroyed the banished monster, to both tokes. representing the lock and the chains. I assumed as much

Escurio someone else reccomanded me to change, it was originally that if 2 or more are paralyzed by his effect, only they can be taken.

all these cards are just for me so synchros and stuff and the interfering i said i can fix doesn't really matter.

Also, i can change it to 'paralyze' and 'bind' counters that have the paralyzse and bind effs.

Unparalyzing your opponents card is not a minus to you at all it just means that the card requires little to no set-up before abuse.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i'll just scrap it, and make a new card.

So what if releasing chains of heaven nukes the entire field.

2zf3k83.jpg Image of the card (cuz i cant put it on the card for some reason.)

wus0p4.jpg

i forgot, it's not  when destroyed, it's when sent to the grave removed from field, and cannot be used for a synchro summon.

[spoiler=2nd App, WIP]

“Being old is not the same as being out of date.”

Name: Klaus Eskildsen

Appearance: {5 lines or a pic}

Personality: {A minimum of seven lines}

Faction: Duelist

Bio: {A minimum of ten lines}

Deck: Dark Magician focussed, plus some Xyz Capabilities (Ace Cards are Dark Magician, Sorcerer of Dark Magic, Magi Magi Magician Girl and Gagaga Magician.)[/spoiler]

I'll finish this off in the next couple of days when I have more time.

[spoiler=Crap app (Forgive me...)]

"Life's too short to be taken seriously. Why don't we just become a little more psychotic and try to enjoy it more?" 

Name: Asaka Rikudo

Appearance: Asaka is an average height teenager with fair skin. She has short, messy black hair tied to spiky ponytail. with slight tints of light green on it's edges. She is fairly thin, but still has a well built body due to her nomadic lifestyle. Her usual attire consists of a bandage wrap that only covers her chest (which is shamefully flat), revealing her pierced navel along with thigh length khaki shorts, all of which are usually hidden under her sandy brown robes which covers most of her skin, safe for her legs. Her duel disk is green in colour and is covered from end to end with and engravings she found on her travels. The engravings vary from small, cartoon-ish skulls, a radioactive symbol and multiple writings in Japanese. Asaka claims that these engravings serve no purpose and are just for decoration purposes, but they sometimes glow during heated duels. 

Personality: Asaka's personality is best described as slightly crazy. She takes nothing seriously and always try to crack jokes and maintain a grin no matter how grim the situation is. She is foul mouthed*, adventurous and very laid-back. She will do almost anything as long is it entertains her, even if there's a risk of death involved. She also has a habit of forgetting people's names or faces, in which she always blame them for being too bland or uninteresting. Another habit that she has is giving people nicknames based on their appearance and looks. However, she can be serious if the situation is serious enough, and that's huge, huge if. Due to her rather traumatic past, she greatly treasures the friends that she made. Her dueling style is highly unorthodox and usually relies on traps and massive turnarounds, which, paired with her nonsesical personality can make a duel with her very disorienting. 

Faction: Duelist

Bio: For the majority of her childhood, Asaka lived a normal life. Being the best duelist in the block, having two loving parents, making a lot of friends and other such normal activity. But everything changed when a Psychic Duelist living near her house attacked. That day started just like any other. Asaka was having a duel with her friends, people going about their activities and the sun shone brightly. Of course, the sudden appearance of tentacles didn't help that tranquil scene. In the ensuing chaos, the Psychic Duelist killed at least 5 people, including Asaka's dad and her childhood friend as well as injuring many others. Since she was only 6 at the time, Asaka only has vague memories about it, but the experience had a pretty deep impact on her personality. At this time, she realized how easily wasted and pathetically short the human life is, so she decided she would live her life to the absolute fullest and do all the things most people could never do. When she was 15, she left her home, grabbed her duel runner and went on an adventure. She's went to numerous towns and had more duels than she can count. That is until she learnt about Sayer's plot. 

"Well, that's pretty fun to ruin." Asaka thought to herself. She grabbed her gear and jumped to her duel runner, ready to take down Sayer's silly little plan just for a bit of fun. And danger. 

Theme Song:

Main theme: Matryoshka

Duel theme:

Deck type: Gustos with a Junk Synchro engine. (Yes there are customs. Yes I haven't finish them.]

[/spoiler]

Accepted as soon as customs are provied, and she can't know Sayer is Sayer just of the fact that he's keeping that a secret.

[spoiler=Say hello to Kirinto girl!]

“Repent now, oh being of darkness!” - *cat blinks in confusion*

Name: Hisami no Kikari (otherwise known as the Kirinto girl)

[spoiler=Appearance:]

Random-anime-kimono-girl-kogamis-spot-20

[/spoiler]

Personality: Hisami is certainly religious, and is really...passionate...about her Kirinto beliefs, randomly preaching all the time and absolutely devoid of stage fright. She is eccentric and overly warns people of demons and spirits to such an extent that it's hard to believe that she herself takes it seriously- however, insulting her religion is one big berserk button right there, and highly unrecommended. She is also incredibly ignorant about the world, cannot tell the difference between a man and a woman, and is under the belief that her monthly periods is a curse she has to endure along with the fact that children are brought about by angels that gift them to parents. Her religious beliefs are also incredibly mingled, and she believes that dueling is not a battle but a ceremony whereupon both players are meant to show their hearts.

She also likes to yell a lot, about sin, about karma, about how ungrateful people are with their lives, and about demonic possession. On the matter of psychic duelists, she thinks that they are people possessed by powerful spirits. She is not above direct violence, though she will rush to 'purify' herself with water quickly afterwards. She is above lying, and can be painfully honest at times.

But despite her seeming mental childishness and instability, she can be a really good listener at times, she may act as a priest replacement for someone to confess their crimes, able to give advice and encouragement even if it's mingled with religious stuff, and always tries to see the good in people no matter how black they are. Also, no matter what people may tell her, she has a firm hold on her beliefs.

Bio: Hisami has a rather complicated past, coming from two equally complicated family lines. Her mother was a descendent of the Kakure Kirishitan (Hidden Christians) and highly catholic, while her father came from a long lineage of faithful shinto priests. Their love between each other surpassed their beliefs- actually, they never really discussed it with each other, preferring to avoid the subject. As a result, their child ended up pressured in both directions, and was forced to make a choice...what choice? She ended up choosing both, and crafted her own blend and interpretation of both religions into something she calls 'Kirishi-shinto", with its own unique set of beliefs and rules. While it was a wise move on her part, I guess, the result was rather disastrous. As she could neither become a shinto maiden nor a catholic priestess, she had failed both of her parents. But with her new system of religion, she didn't mind and chose to leave in favor of living with a distant relative, called Koko Rosenhart.

As it turned out, Koko was a world-famous duelist, and Hisami was introduced to the world of dueling by her. As it also turned out, she was an atheist, and Hisami made sure every day to try and prove to her that God and spirits existed, and that talismans were useful for protection against demons and other bad things, and that she needed to pray and stay pure - not that she was ever paid any attention to. In any case, she learned how to duel through her 'aunt', and quickly used a Spirit deck despite (as Koko pointed out) how impractical it was. Somewhere along the lines, dueling was incorporated into her religious beliefs as a ritual, which was shortened further into 'Kirinto'.

She never did go to school, Koko being too lazy to send her to one and she herself not being interested. As a result, she has been kind of...isolated from friends, without noticing. She has also gained a bit of a name for herself as the 'Kirinto girl' in the dueling world, the people liking her over-the-top religious declarations and attempts at preaching during each and every one of her duels combined with her own cute looks, much to Koko's embarrassment.

Lately, Koko had gone missing. The last place she had been in was New Domino City, so Hisami decided to investigate for herself about what happened. Arriving by plane, she suddenly realized that she's in the middle of nowhere with absolutely no leads. At a loss, she's staying at a hotel right now. Poor hotel room.

Theme Song: (when sitting around) Toccata & Fugue

(when dueling) Symphony Metal

Deck: Spirits, mainly focusing on getting Izanagi out so she can use other Spirit monsters like Yamata Dragon effectively to devastate the opponent.

[/spoiler]

Two more apps coming soon, maybe~

Accepted

I'd like to apologize for taking so long with my app :/ A bunch of stuff has gotten in my way, ranging from my computer's hard drive failure to my entire family getting sick...Anyways, enough of the self-pity. If my reserve still has relevance, I'll finish my app as soon as possible. However, don't let me get in the way of starting the role play. I can just jump in when my app's ready ^^

Also, here are the custom cards I've made for my character. It isn't an arch-type or anything; just some cards I made to compliment zombies. I'd appreciate any feedback :)

[spoiler='Custom Cards']

GhoulCaller_zpsd029fb44.jpg Haunting_zps6d3c90ce.jpg

ManicImp_zpsbdd02074.jpg RebornPriestess_zpse92810b4.jpg

ObsidianMummy_zpsfb1750ff.jpg RelentlessBerserker_zpsf0b49c03.jpg

ZombieDragon_zps96af4c6e.jpg RebornShaman_zps0c38a203.jpg

HollowEyes_zps312597fe.jpg

[/spoiler]

inb4forthischaracter'sthemeisRigidParadise 

Also TFF sorry I forgot, the Number is okay for you since its the original boss monster of the archetype (well Super is, but its a helpful part of the archetype), but if you want to de-Number it that's cool too. Sim if you want to do that you can, or you guys can just leave them as Numbers. Also Sim your second app is reserved. 

Beginning thank for card reviewing, my knowledge on current OCG/TCG is sh*t, so if you don't mind I'd like to make you and anyone else who keeps up with current OCG/TCG to be official card reviewers. 

"The true villain here is not our darkness, but our light"

Name: Luthux Kaiba

Appearance: Luthux is a tall, slender man. Blond hair. Usually wears sneakers and a jacket. Has glasses with chains hooked up to them. Most of the time he wears contacts but only outside of duels. Quite pale. Wears shorts or pants depending on the season. He always wears a long sleeve shirt and never a no-sleeve. His hair most of the time gets in to his eyes. His hair is long even for him and he is 5ft 8in. He always wears his Duel Disk on his right arm.

Personality: Luthux is kind and caring to people he can trust and is VERY hostile to those he doesn't trust or those that have hurt him. He is very intelligent in astronomy and wishes to become and astronomer. He believes in his friends and is a very serious person in duels. He puts other people before himself and will defend his friends from any harm. He disliked anyone who uses the cards as weapons or for nefarious purposes. Once he is set on an objective he won't stop trying to complete that. He has no sympathy for any Neo-Arcadian wishes to see them gone. When it comes to dueling he's very strategic, always finding ways to win. This is also his downfall sometimes

Bio: At the age of 6 Luthux received his first card, Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Overwhelmed with joy he wished to have 2 more. So his father gave him 2 more courtesy of Seto and Luthux's father's relatives passing the cards down. At the age of 15, his family's house burned down with the family inside. Luthux was at a friend's house at the time. When he came back there was a box sitting in front of the remains of his home. It contained a deck. This deck contained Metallic counterparts of already existing cards and Machine-Types with a second type. He decided to use this deck to hunt down and destroy Neo-Arcadia as he convicted them of his family's death. He never liked the Duel Runners and thus refuses to duel on one, but will use one for transportation. He is the grandson of Seto Kaiba but doesn't take on Seto's personality. He very skilled with machines and thus his interest in his deck. After his family's death he was sent to an orphanage were he dueled other orphans to improve his skill.

Theme Song: In The End - Linkan Park

Deck: "Metallic" Machine Based counterparts designed to upgrade existing cards through the use of Metalmorph/Rare Metalmorph and banishing and sending then back to the respective areas. and Dual Machine types "Mech Blades". His ace card is his Dark Synchro Metallic Dark Dragon.

Link to Metallics: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/298417-metallic-madness-12/
Link to Mech Blades: http://s1136.beta.photobucket.com/?src=wap
This should fix it.

[quote]great x4 grandson[/quote]

...it's not that long, you know.

Okay. There's this guy from 5D's, Trudge, who used to be in the original Yugioh DM, so let's assume twenty years have passed between them. And since there's a 60-year timeskip, that would mean Seto was still alive and well just eighty years ago. I don''t think that's enough time to get a great-grandson, let alone a great-great-great-great grandson.

Maybe just a grandson would be enough?

I don't really mind either way whether they're called numbers or not, since they won't have the effect about battle with a number being the only way to kill them anyway. Though, since my second characters deck is spellcasters with easy ways to get out multiple level seven monsters on the field, would I be allowed to take Big Eye (regardless of as a number or not) since he is also a spellcaster who fits the deck?

Accepted as soon as customs are provied, and she can't know Sayer is Sayer just of the fact that he's keeping that a secret.

What if I change it so that she knows Sayer's plot, but not Sayer himself?

[spoiler=Also, say hello to my pretties.]

111568.jpg

[hr]

Daigusto Hou-Oh

Xyz/WIND/Winged Beast/Rank 5/2500 ATK/2500 DEF

3 Level 5 "Gusto" monsters

Face-up "Gusto" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. Your opponent takes all battle damage from battles involving "Gusto" you control. Once per turn, you can Detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; halve the ATK of all "Gusto" monsters you control and double the ATK of 1 monster your opponent controls, until the End Phase. 

[hr]

Wind Synchron

WIND/Tuner/Winged Beast/Level 3/1200 ATK/1000 DEF

When this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower WIND monster from your graveyard in defense position. It's effect(s) are negated. If this card is sent to the graveyard for a Synchro Summon of a WIND Synchro Monster: You can discard 1 card; Draw 1 card. 

[hr] 

Gusto Cerebrus

WIND/Beast/Level 2/500 ATK/250 DEF 

If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gusto" monster: it gains the following effect: You can tribute this card to Special Summon 2 "Gusto Cerebrus" from your deck. Their effect(s) are negated.

[hr]

[/spoiler] 

Right... ... so, no one found anything wrong with my Orc cards, then?

Their is nothing inherently broken and unusable about them but the mechanic seems slow with the whole counter system.

[spoiler: Luthux]

"The true villain here is not our darkness, but our light"

Name: Luthux Kaiba

Appearance: Luthux is a tall, slender man. Blond hair. Usually wears sneakers and a jacket. Has glasses with chains hooked up to them. Most of the time he wears contacts but only outside of duels. Quite pale. Wears shorts or pants depending on the season. He always wears a long sleeve shirt and never a no-sleeve. His hair most of the time gets in to his eyes. His hair is long even for him and he is 5ft 8in. He always wears his Duel Disk on his right arm.

Personality: Luthux is kind and caring to people he can trust and is VERY hostile to those he doesn't trust or those that have hurt him. He is very intelligent in astronomy and wishes to become and astronomer. He believes in his friends and is a very serious person in duels. He puts other people before himself and will defend his friends from any harm. He disliked anyone who uses the cards as weapons or for nefarious purposes. Once he is set on an objective he won't stop trying to complete that. He has no sympathy for any Neo-Arcadian wishes to see them gone. When it comes to dueling he's very strategic, always finding ways to win. This is also his downfall sometimes

Bio: At the age of 6 Luthux received his first card, Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Overwhelmed with joy he wished to have 2 more. So his father gave him 2 more courtesy of Seto and Luthux's father's relatives passing the cards down. At the age of 15, his family's house burned down with the family inside. Luthux was at a friend's house at the time. When he came back there was a box sitting in front of the remains of his home. It contained a deck. This deck contained Metallic counterparts of already existing cards and Machine-Types with a second type. He decided to use this deck to hunt down and destroy Neo-Arcadia as he convicted them of his family's death. He never liked the Duel Runners and thus refuses to duel on one, but will use one for transportation. He is the great x4 grandson of Seto Kaiba but doesn't take on Seto's personality. He very skilled with machines and thus his interest in his deck. After his family's death he was sent to an orphanage were he dueled other orphans to improve his skill.

Theme Song: In The End - Linkin Park

Deck: "Metallic" Machine Based counterparts designed to upgrade existing cards through the use of Metalmorph/Rare Metalmorph and banishing and sending then back to the respective areas. and Dual Machine types "Mech Blades". His ace card is his Dark Synchro Metallic Dark Dragon.

Link to Metallics: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/298417-metallic-madness-12/
Link to Mech Blades: http://s1136.beta.photobucket.com/?src=wap
This should fix it.

[/spoiler]

Okay here are the problems...out of all those "metallics" you would realistically use the Blues Eyes and Blue Eyes Uti counterpart and he mech blades link just doesn't seem to be working for me

What if I change it so that she knows Sayer's plot, but not Sayer himself?

[spoiler=Also, say hello to my pretties.]

111568.jpg

[hr]

Daigusto Hou-Oh

Xyz/WIND/Winged Beast/Rank 5/2500 ATK/2500 DEF

3 Level 5 "Gusto" monsters

Face-up "Gusto" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. Your opponent takes all battle damage from battles involving "Gusto" you control. Once per turn, you can Detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; halve the ATK of all "Gusto" monsters you control and double the ATK of 1 monster your opponent controls, until the End Phase. 

[hr]

Wind Synchron

WIND/Tuner/Winged Beast/Level 3/1200 ATK/1000 DEF

When this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower WIND monster from your graveyard in defense position. It's effect(s) are negated. If this card is sent to the graveyard for a Synchro Summon of a WIND Synchro Monster: You can discard 1 card; Draw 1 card. 

[hr] 

Gusto Cerebrus

WIND/Beast/Level 2/500 ATK/250 DEF 

If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gusto" monster: it gains the following effect: You can tribute this card to Special Summon 2 "Gusto Cerebrus" from your deck. Their effect(s) are negated.

[hr]

[/spoiler] 

The Hou-Oh sounds broken on Paper...in this RP it might as well be an OTK maker. But it being 3 level 5 make it somewhat balanced. Personally I don't understand why there is that floating material on it but to each his own.

The Hou-Oh sounds broken on Paper...in this RP it might as well be an OTK maker. But it being 3 level 5 make it somewhat balanced. Personally I don't understand why there is that floating material on it but to each his own.

Relax, I'm not going to use it unless the plot demands so. I'll just keep to the other cards. 

[quote name="Merciful Idiot" post="6163882" timestamp="1363582282"]...it's not that long, you know.   Okay. There's this guy from 5D's, Trudge, who used to be in the original Yugioh DM, so let's assume twenty years have passed between them. And since there's a 60-year timeskip, that would mean Seto was still alive and well just eighty years ago. I don''t think that's enough time to get a great-grandson, let alone a great-great-great-great grandson.   Maybe just a grandson would be enough?[/quote] I changed it to just a grandson. Thanks for the suggestion.

I just had an idea, lets start this RP alredy. And lets let the people who need to make their apps tag on when they finish.

Patience my young Padawan. Trust me some RPs have gone longer than this one without starting. 

But does Friday seem like a reasonable time to get your apps in? 

@Sim: I would rather you didn't, because then I feel like I'm caving and being a weak RP host. 

Also Chaos your Metallic Blades just takes me to the Photobucket main page, and your app still doesn't meet the length requirements. 

Archived