Yu-Gi-Oh Arcadia [PG-13/OoC/Started/Not Accepting]

Sapphyre, I need you to go through my app for Naomi and accept it (or deny it, but it's not in a position to be denied unless there's something I don't know about :/)

Also, Friday's too long imo. I'd rather this start now, but that's just me being peckish; a better time would be Wednesday.

Right, I knew there was something I forgot. Yeah she's accepted. I would love to start now, but I know I have free time to post Friday, but if something opens up, or other people get their apps in, then we can start earlier. 

Also guys if there's anything else I forgot to address feel free to notify me, I'm awfully forgetful. 

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ok with that, I might just make a custom rank 7 spellcaster instead then for the deck, possibly with some relation to dark magician then. I'll have that posted with my app when/if I make it then. I guess I kinda don't need Big Eye anyway, since I've already got Magi Magi instead who can do a very similar thing anyway.

EDIT: Custom has been made ready for review, Credit goes to Katuwagnal for the Image.

[spoiler=Custom Card]eb2zw7.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=2nd App :]

"By my calculations...Your'e Wrong.'

2we07sw.jpg

Name: Garry Johnson

Appearance: [spoiler=] 2we07sw.jpg

He uses A customized Duel disk colored blue, which looks the same as Yusei's disk only the duel pad is square, has 2 rows, and it is holographic (but you can put cards on it.), and opens by 2 grey bars extending sideways and retracting from eachother and creates the holographic field.[/spoiler]

Personality: [spoiler=] Him and his brother (Clay) have few similarities, Although in his younger days garry was Shy, he did talk a lot, sometimes too much. He is extremley smart, and very calm, and it would take much effort to annoy him. He is also not very passionate about dueling, but more of the origin of the cards. When he sets his mind to something, he doesn't stop. He is also very good at Algebra and computer science, and there isn't much to say about him. He doesn't know how to protect himself, so he always carries around tranquilizer darts and a pea shooter. (I know, creepy right?) He is a pretty good sniper, but he never used a gun. He doesn't have alot of hobbies, but he can be quite competitive. His hobbies are mostly programming and playing (with regular) darts. [/spoiler]

Faction: Duelist

Bio: [spoiler=] His past is not very exciting, during most his years he was homeschooled. At the age of 16 he found a job at the yugioh card factory near their house and worked their way up to be in charge of card manufacturing. One day, he heard about a mysterious person that comes stealing cards from the factory each night. And one day, when he was about to leave, he saw him, and a few seconds later, they both ran away. The other night, he met him again, this time, before he could run away, Garry turned on the light, and was able to see that this thief, is his brother ,Clay, a brother he bearly remembered he had.

Then, about the time Clay joined the Neo-Arcadia Movement, Garry heard about it. And he didn't like what he heard about it, so he decided he'll try to find some more opposers and do something about it. As of today, he's wandering about looking for people to stop the movement, and as of today, he doesn't know his brother is part of it, just that he mysteriously disappeared or ran away. [/spoiler]

Deck: War Gods (Real Archetype)

And 1 card i added

[spoiler=Chaos Xyz : War God Overlord - Mighty Susanoo]

3 Level 5 'War God' Monsters

This card can also be Xyz summoned by overlaying it on top of War God Emperor : Susanoo.

This card can attack all your opponent's monsters, and if it destroys all of them, it can attack your opponent directly.

Once Per Turn : You can Detach 2 xyz materials  from this card : Add 2 'War God' monsters from your deck to your hand, then discard 1 card.

Rank 5 2500/1700

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I Wanna make a second app, but i was wondering if this 1 (A Duelist) could be co-operating with Sayer.

No, sorry Psychics are with Sayer, and Duelists are with... well that's a secret.

Anyway, is my app accepted, Sapphyre?

Oh, yeah! Sorry, and what I mean is that she can't know who Sayer is, and would think he's Davian like most everyone else. 

Ok everyone whose been accepted should be in the OP by the time we start. 

I kinda think you're limiting the potential for characters here, I mean just because someone is a psychic duellist doesn't mean they'll automatically go along with Sayer, they might not trust him or he might not have any leverage over them like he does with most of the other characters (IE, offering them shelter from those that would persecute them) and whose to say Sayer isn't above accepting help from regular people either, he might hire dome mercenary duellist to do his dirty work or something, when you restrict sides like this you really limit the potential for characters and I think it'll be a far more interesting role play if both sides are allowed to mix the kinds of characters they have.

I'm not sure whose side to take. On one hand, Admiral is perfectly justified in his idea of 'mixing things up', but on the other, I'm kinda doubting Chain's ability to play The Mole right.

Well, I'll leave it up for Saph to decide.

Chain...please, that stopped being funny a while back and now it's just annoying. Don't you have anything else to do? Be patient. Saph will start this when she wants to.

I have tons of projects on my hands, none of which I'm capable of finishing even with a whole week of dedication, so you should savor your free time while you still can. Take my word for it.

Chains, patience is a virtue.
It's not my fault I have 4 papers and 2 tests due this coming Monday.

Yeah it is; you should've either done them all earlier or left them till later <_<

And Chains, no-one knows what "mad skillz" you may have. You've only just arrived after all. Then again, I do know someone who's been RPing for 6 years, but has only been on YCM for one, so we'll just have to see what exactly you're capable of.

You'll get your chance to prove yourself worthy soon enough.

Yeah it is; you should've either done them all earlier or left them till later <_<

I just found about half of those assignments this week, so really, it isn't my fault my workload got doubled this week.

Especially considering that I was barely active last week, even though it was Spring Break, due to the fact that I was hunting for a summer job.

I've been a busy bee IRL. Last week, I chose to be less than active, but this week, I didn't have much of a choice.

Welcome to college.

Anyways, my app might be up sometime this week, but I can definitely get it in by Tuesday.

I'm waiting to hear back from Sapphyre on something.

Here's my second app, reposted since the WIP version is a few pages back now, and including the two custom cards I designed for him.

[spoiler=2nd App]

“Being old is not the same as being out of date.”

Name: Klaus Eskildsen

Appearance: Klaus has short, white hair that's starting to thin on his head, and a short, white beard around his mouth. He wears a grey and red striped polo shirt with a collar and a breast pocket, and a pair of brown shorts with a belt. He has blue eyes that seem to shimmer when you look into them, and wears a pair of half moon glasses with a silver coloured frame. Attached to his belt on his right side is silver deck box which holds his deck, and on his wrist is his duel disk. His disk is actually unusual, as it has just the deck slot, graveyard slot and extra deck slot when not in use. When he does start it up, two small metal rods fold out from the front of his deck, and extend and project a holographic board down for him to play his monsters, spells and traps on. Field spells get placed on the top of where the graveyard slot is in the middle of the disk, and the breast pocket in his shirt works as his banished zone. He has one more unusual part to his disk, on the side closest to him is, he has another small extendable piece, that works similar to the sections on duel runners that hold the cards in the hand, instead of him having to hold them.

Personality: Klaus is fairly gentle and kind, and enjoys watching the kids and teenagers dueling. He tends to have a soft spot for them, and enjoys helping them out with stuff, be it with tips on dueling, or fixing broken duel disks. In the tournaments, he plays to enjoy himself as well, and doesn't take much too seriously in the duels. When he's thinking, he had developed a habit of pushing his glasses further up his nose, as if to fix the position they are in so he can see through them better. He'll fight for what he believes in when he needs to, but getting him to fight seriously is a difficult thing to achieve. Klaus gets annoyed whe people underestimate him because he's old, but all the same he will take advantage of that when he can to give them a hard time dueling him. He also enjoys drinking coffee and kahlua, sometimes in the same drink, and likes a good steak when he can get one.

Bio: Klaus had a fairly normal childhood, he had a father and a mother and was an only child, and things continued as usual for his childhood. The only thing that wasn't usual was that unlike most children, he actually had no interest in dueling at that time. He prefered to work on computers, and fiddle with the settings and such for them, leading to him eventually going into uni to get an IT degree. As he came out of uni though, he was hired by one of the biggest companies in the world at the time, the Kaiba Corporation, to help work on their software for the duel disks. Through his time at the company he learnt how all their programs and software worked, and also how to play the game due to needing to know at least basics to be able to program the software for the duel disks they were releasing.

At about 25 years old, he met a lady called Kristen and married her after about a year of going out with her. Since then, he and his wife had two children, both of which started to develop an interest in the game of yugioh when he was about 35. Due to that, he decided to try and learn the game with them and, finding a couple of cards in the database that he thought would fit him well, built himself a deck based around Dark Magician. That would be his deck for a while after that, still in the company, and although it wasn't that strong, he still started to enjoy playing the game with his co-workers, and with his children. Eventually, his children became adults and moved out, and his older son has found a wife and had children of his own, while his younger son followed him into IT and eventually, into the Kaiba Corporation with him, though he was 50 and his son was 21 when he joined.

As the world continued to move forward, he slowly found out about Synchro and Xyz monsters, monsters you can summon from the extra deck easier than the fusion monsters he had used up till then. He modified his deck for pretty well the first time since building it, adding in some cards to make it easier to get out some of the stronger Xyz monsters he had found and added in, before, finding that he could hit multiple level 7 and level 8 monsters without much difficulty, he started looking for Xyz monsters who could fit that category. Finding none, he sent in a proposition to the chiefs of the card making section, to get permission to create his own to go with his deck and, after getting the cards approved, he was able to complete the deck with a decently strong lineup.

As he was nearly 60 years old, he and his wife found out that she had gotten a slow-growing cancer, and would only have about another 2 years left to live. They were both devastated by this news and a couple of days later, Klaus resigned from the company at last so as he could spend as much time with his wife as possible before the end of her life. Over those two years they went travelling as much as possible, visiting several other countries as they did, before coming back as the cancer started to affect her ability to live. With his wife dead, Klaus decided to keep occupied by dueling, starting to compete in tournaments and fight there. When he found out about the Neo-Arcadia Movement, he started to think something was up, since the last time that had been done, around the time he was born, the leader wasn't as good as he seemed. So, he decided to look further into the matter, making use of some of his contacts around the dueling world and in the Kaiba Corporation to try and find out if they were actually doing what they said they were doing this time.

Deck: Dark Magician focussed, plus some Xyz Capabilities (Ace Cards are Dark Magician, Sorcerer of Dark Magic, Magi Magi Magician Girl and Gagaga Magician.)

[spoiler=Custom Cards]eb2zw7.jpgrt3xnd.jpg[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Here's my second app, reposted since the WIP version is a few pages back now, and including the two custom cards I designed for him.

[spoiler=2nd App]

“Being old is not the same as being out of date.”

Name: Klaus Eskildsen

Appearance: Klaus has short, white hair that's starting to thin on his head, and a short, white beard around his mouth. He wears a grey and red striped polo shirt with a collar and a breast pocket, and a pair of brown shorts with a belt. He has blue eyes that seem to shimmer when you look into them, and wears a pair of half moon glasses with a silver coloured frame. Attached to his belt on his right side is silver deck box which holds his deck, and on his wrist is his duel disk. His disk is actually unusual, as it has just the deck slot, graveyard slot and extra deck slot when not in use. When he does start it up, two small metal rods fold out from the front of his deck, and extend and project a holographic board down for him to play his monsters, spells and traps on. Field spells get placed on the top of where the graveyard slot is in the middle of the disk, and the breast pocket in his shirt works as his banished zone. He has one more unusual part to his disk, on the side closest to him is, he has another small extendable piece, that works similar to the sections on duel runners that hold the cards in the hand, instead of him having to hold them.

Personality: Klaus is fairly gentle and kind, and enjoys watching the kids and teenagers dueling. He tends to have a soft spot for them, and enjoys helping them out with stuff, be it with tips on dueling, or fixing broken duel disks. In the tournaments, he plays to enjoy himself as well, and doesn't take much too seriously in the duels. When he's thinking, he had developed a habit of pushing his glasses further up his nose, as if to fix the position they are in so he can see through them better. He'll fight for what he believes in when he needs to, but getting him to fight seriously is a difficult thing to achieve. Klaus gets annoyed whe people underestimate him because he's old, but all the same he will take advantage of that when he can to give them a hard time dueling him. He also enjoys drinking coffee and kahlua, sometimes in the same drink, and likes a good steak when he can get one.

Bio: Klaus had a fairly normal childhood, he had a father and a mother and was an only child, and things continued as usual for his childhood. The only thing that wasn't usual was that unlike most children, he actually had no interest in dueling at that time. He prefered to work on computers, and fiddle with the settings and such for them, leading to him eventually going into uni to get an IT degree. As he came out of uni though, he was hired by one of the biggest companies in the world at the time, the Kaiba Corporation, to help work on their software for the duel disks. Through his time at the company he learnt how all their programs and software worked, and also how to play the game due to needing to know at least basics to be able to program the software for the duel disks they were releasing.

At about 25 years old, he met a lady called Kristen and married her after about a year of going out with her. Since then, he and his wife had two children, both of which started to develop an interest in the game of yugioh when he was about 35. Due to that, he decided to try and learn the game with them and, finding a couple of cards in the database that he thought would fit him well, built himself a deck based around Dark Magician. That would be his deck for a while after that, still in the company, and although it wasn't that strong, he still started to enjoy playing the game with his co-workers, and with his children. Eventually, his children became adults and moved out, and his older son has found a wife and had children of his own, while his younger son followed him into IT and eventually, into the Kaiba Corporation with him, though he was 50 and his son was 21 when he joined.

As the world continued to move forward, he slowly found out about Synchro and Xyz monsters, monsters you can summon from the extra deck easier than the fusion monsters he had used up till then. He modified his deck for pretty well the first time since building it, adding in some cards to make it easier to get out some of the stronger Xyz monsters he had found and added in, before, finding that he could hit multiple level 7 and level 8 monsters without much difficulty, he started looking for Xyz monsters who could fit that category. Finding none, he sent in a proposition to the chiefs of the card making section, to get permission to create his own to go with his deck and, after getting the cards approved, he was able to complete the deck with a decently strong lineup.

As he was nearly 60 years old, he and his wife found out that she had gotten a slow-growing cancer, and would only have about another 2 years left to live. They were both devastated by this news and a couple of days later, Klaus resigned from the company at last so as he could spend as much time with his wife as possible before the end of her life. Over those two years they went travelling as much as possible, visiting several other countries as they did, before coming back as the cancer started to affect her ability to live. With his wife dead, Klaus decided to keep occupied by dueling, starting to compete in tournaments and fight there. When he found out about the Neo-Arcadia Movement, he started to think something was up, since the last time that had been done, around the time he was born, the leader wasn't as good as he seemed. So, he decided to look further into the matter, making use of some of his contacts around the dueling world and in the Kaiba Corporation to try and find out if they were actually doing what they said they were doing this time.

Deck: Dark Magician focussed, plus some Xyz Capabilities (Ace Cards are Dark Magician, Sorcerer of Dark Magic, Magi Magi Magician Girl and Gagaga Magician.)

[spoiler=Custom Cards]eb2zw7.jpgrt3xnd.jpg[/spoiler][/spoiler]

When I first read about it, I thought it was Klaus from WC 2011 XD

Archived