Yu-Gi-Oh Arcadia [PG-13/OoC/Started/Not Accepting]

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew ...

Please don't let this RP die ...

I would love to see this RP reach an ending, and maybe be novelized XD

If you're into that, THEN READ THIS. A novelized Return of the Arcadia Movement RP for your enjoy~ yes, I know I'm self-advertising, but it sucks to work on a project for half a year and then all of a sudden realize that nobody's really interested in reading it ._.

If you're into that, THEN READ THIS. A novelized Return of the Arcadia Movement RP for your enjoy~ yes, I know I'm self-advertising, but it sucks to work on a project for half a year and then all of a sudden realize that nobody's really interested in reading it ._.

Trust me, I'm reading on it from the day you posted it on RP planning thread, and I need to say to you, It's awesome, do you think this RP can be novelized?

Note : So far I've read 2 chapter + prologue

Then why comment on a card when you're not trying to make it balanced?

You really need to stop taking things so literally <_<

Anyway, I kinda have to agree with Beginning (now that I'm going in the right direction). The once per turn clause should be enough to stop you from Xyzing left right and centre, which is what you want.

Why would the character have more than 1 copy of the same Xyz?

Because they can. Besides, an extra Gachi Gachi can rally help monsters survive, for example.

You really need to stop taking things so literally <_<

Anyway, I kinda have to agree with Beginning (now that I'm going in the right direction). The once per turn clause should be enough to stop you from Xyzing left right and centre, which is what you want.

But the point of the card is to allow for room to put your Tokens and other MPBs.
I don't want to Xyz left, right, and center.
Also, people, I have a Written Cards thread.
Go there, and we can continue this conversation so we're not clogging up the OOC.

A. The card is broken so the setting or the situation doesn't change that 
B. You would run more than one copy because you could make a loop that nets you advantage.

OK. How do I make the card unbroken while not giving it the "once per turn" treatment?
Also, people, I have a Written Cards thread.
Go there, and we can continue this conversation so we're not clogging up the OOC.
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/299038-lets-make-a-mecha-phantom-beast-number-number-13-haunted-carrier-friday-single/#entry6166274
See? I'll even give you a link, since I doubt you'll go there without me giving you one.

Trust me, I'm reading on it from the day you posted it on RP planning thread, and I need to say to you, It's awesome, do you think this RP can be novelized?

Thanks for the compliment---

Sorry, but I'm already really busy, and I'm not even going to think about it unless this RP somehow concludes. ..

And now I'm going to tell you something very interesting and very dark, something you must remember for the rest of your time here in YCM.

[spoiler=Spoilered because I may be a little out of character here myself and I don't wanna disturb anyone~]

Hearts of Darkness and Return of the Orichalcos were both super very close to their climaxes (the final battles were even set up and ready to go), but everyone disappeared at the end. It took a lot of PMs and patience to push Legend Blood to its own climax. Finishing an RP is very difficult. It's really rare. I understand you still have hope, but let me put it into perspective.

Roleplays are made by aspiring hosts every few days or so, and this is a process that has been going on for six years. To put yourself in perspective, exit this thread. Exit it right now and go to the Out-of-Character Section. Now, go to the last page, and see how many there are. If your YCM is like mine, then each page has 15 threads. Almost every single thread is a roleplay thread, a dead roleplay thread. If you count, you'll find that there's over five hundred. And that's not even half of it.

This section hadn't always existed, you know. In the past, there was only the roleplaying thread. We would make just one thread, and then people post their apps, and they participate right there and then without going to a second thread. Whenever they needed to say something out of character, they wrote ((like this)). Now that you know this, go up again from the Out-of-Character Section to the Roleplaying Section, and go to the very last page...there's a hundred and sixty. Take away forty, and we have a total hundred-and-twenty pages worth of dead RPs.

That's over 1800 dead RP threads.

And how many, you ask, have succeeded? Why that's easy to answer, it's less than ten.

This should be all of them, that counts...hey, now I have a good excuse to dig them all out.

Return of the Arcadia Movement (by Exowolf and TFF)

Yugioh 5D's: Armageddon of the Virtual World (by Nightmare Zarkus)

Yugioh 5D's: Salvation of the Virtual World (again, by Nightmare Zarkus)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP: Part 2 (by ::Abarai Renji)

Chibi Knights - Chibi Knights vs. Darkness Knights (by DL and the rest of the Chibi Knights club)

Kingdom Hearts Reversed/Rewake (by Frybread002, TFF, and me)

[url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/263289-assassins-creed-generation-ic-started-accepting/page-31]Assassin's Creed: Generations[/url] (by Chaos Sonic)

Legend Blood (by ME :D)

What you're looking at are the only RPs out of 1800 to finish. Count. There's seven. I may have missed one or two (there were at least five I ignored, but they were abruptly ended so I wouldn't really count them in), but that makes up everything.

Do the maths, and that gives you a grand 0.07% chance of a roleplay finishing. Of course, there are many factors, but since 2007, that would be the average.

I've hoped so many times for an RP to end. So many get close, but they always die. This is the fate of every Puella Magi roleplay.

Understand now how slim your chances are, RogueZero? That's not even close to 1%.

[/spoiler]

In other news, after going through tons of RPs through the decades, I now have a collective list of every finished RP in YCM history. I think I was saying something serious earlier, but I've forgotten it.

Hearts Of Darkness... I remembered that. So close to finishing... If only Damage Inc's computer didn't die... 

*ahem*

Well, even though I'm pretty sure this RP wont finish *shot* let's just at least hope it'll be good while it lasts. 

Plus, the fact that you're hoping for a novelization, let alone the completion of an RP that hasn't even started yet must mean you're really optimistic. 

P.S: You forgot that [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/262785-assassins-creed-generation-ooc-started-not-accepting/]Assassin's Creed RP[/url] thing that finished not so long ago. I think it's the last RP that finished here before Legend Blood.

Thanks for the compliment---

Sorry, but I'm already really busy, and I'm not even going to think about it unless this RP somehow concludes. ..

And now I'm going to tell you something very interesting and very dark, something you must remember for the rest of your time here in YCM.

[spoiler=Spoilered because I may be a little out of character here myself and I don't wanna disturb anyone~]

Hearts of Darkness and Return of the Orichalcos were both super very close to their climaxes (the final battles were even set up and ready to go), but everyone disappeared at the end. It took a lot of PMs and patience to push Legend Blood to its own climax. Finishing an RP is very difficult. It's really rare. I understand you still have hope, but let me put it into perspective.

Roleplays are made by aspiring hosts every few days or so, and this is a process that has been going on for six years. To put yourself in perspective, exit this thread. Exit it right now and go to the Out-of-Character Section. Now, go to the last page, and see how many there are. If your YCM is like mine, then each page has 15 threads. Almost every single thread is a roleplay thread, a dead roleplay thread. If you count, you'll find that there's over five hundred. And that's not even half of it.

This section hadn't always existed, you know. In the past, there was only the roleplaying thread. We would make just one thread, and then people post their apps, and they participate right there and then without going to a second thread. Whenever they needed to say something out of character, they wrote ((like this)). Now that you know this, go up again from the Out-of-Character Section to the Roleplaying Section, and go to the very last page...there's a hundred and sixty. Take away forty, and we have a total hundred-and-twenty pages worth of dead RPs.

That's over 1800 dead RP threads.

And how many, you ask, have succeeded? Why that's easy to answer, it's less than ten.

This should be all of them, that counts...hey, now I have a good excuse to dig them all out.

Return of the Arcadia Movement (by Exowolf and TFF)

Yugioh 5D's: Armageddon of the Virtual World (by Nightmare Zarkus)

Yugioh 5D's: Salvation of the Virtual World (again, by Nightmare Zarkus)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP: Part 2 (by ::Abarai Renji)

Chibi Knights - Chibi Knights vs. Darkness Knights (by DL and the rest of the Chibi Knights club)

Kingdom Hearts Reversed/Rewake (by Frybread002, TFF, and me)

Legend Blood (by ME :D)

What you're looking at are the only RPs out of 1800 to finish. Count. There's seven. I may have missed one or two (there were at least five I ignored, but they were abruptly ended so I wouldn't really count them in), but that makes up everything.

Do the maths, and that gives you a grand 0.07% chance of a roleplay finishing. Of course, there are many factors, but since 2007, that would be the average.

I've hoped so many times for an RP to end. So many get close, but they always die. This is the fate of every Puella Magi roleplay.

Understand now how slim your chances are, RogueZero? That's not even close to 1%.

[/spoiler]

In other news, after going through tons of RPs through the decades, I now have a collective list of every finished RP in YCM history. I think I was saying something serious earlier, but I've forgotten it.

Yeah, I understand about your opinion, but I'm still not giving up, I'm still hoping that there's a chance that this RP reach an ending, even when it's below 1%

#get smacked

actually far more RP's then that finished in the golden age of YCM which sadly was 07-early 09, back then many of the original members of YCM were younger, had more time and seemed to prioritize this site over other things, such as my first job which I promptly lost. I've been in many finished Roleplays, 2 of which I made, but I always expect a good time from any roleplay I join, and that's the point

actually far more RP's then that finished in the golden age of YCM which sadly was 07-early 09, back then many of the original members of YCM were younger, had more time and seemed to prioritize this site over other things, such as my first job which I promptly lost. I've been in many finished Roleplays, 2 of which I made, but I always expect a good time from any roleplay I join, and that's the point

Wait, seriously? I was during that time as well (as Rucario, using script format) but as far as I know, RPs always died then too. But at the same time, they did tend to go over a hundred pages alot.

Okay the IC is up. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll be back on in a like 2 hours or so. I have to run errand for a prescription. 

BTW, Is my 2nd App accepted? Also, can some 1 look at my 2nd char's custom? And if it's a lil OP I can make it use Barian's Force.

Sim and Chains your both accepted.

Also TFF sorry I thought I sent you a PM back, you may use Chaos Xyz and Rank-Up Magic. 

Also I've changed my stand on you "snitch" characters Chains and Rogue, since I'm letting Admiral use a Psychic that's not really with Sayer, you guys can make your characters like that as well. 

Everyone don't worry this won't turn into another Yugioh tournament RP, this just a small part of the arch. 

Okay the IC is up. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll be back on in a like 2 hours or so. I have to run errand for a prescription. 

Sim and Chains your both accepted.

Also TFF sorry I thought I sent you a PM back, you may use Chaos Xyz and Rank-Up Magic. 

Also I've changed my stand on you "snitch" characters Chains and Rogue, since I'm letting Admiral use a Psychic that's not really with Sayer, you guys can make your characters like that as well. 

Everyone don't worry this won't turn into another Yugioh tournament RP, this just a small part of the arch. 

Gee, thanks Saph, by the way can my character be a self-proclaimed Duelist Detective? XD

I'm gonna post after finishing my assignment first :D

Archived