Legend Moon [IC/PG-13/Started/Always Accepting] *sequel*

Merci

As the smoke clears from Freyr's blast Lariat has his arm extended out his eyes dark as the smoke finally clears completely Lariat's hand is slightly smokey and scuffed, but far from unusable. Lariat brought his hand to his face, "Now now... You understand I cannot allow you to damage the Den or hurt the pups so..." Lariat's eyes showed determination. "I'll take on anything you give me until Leader returns!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMt4itHE_R0&list=PL4E7D1ACF89B21F7B

[HR]

Alexandria Punched her self on the top of her head, "You ass hole why did you have to get all self righteous You better not loose next time..."

She says aloud.

"He wont surprise me again with some cheep mental trick." He says in her mind a lump on the mental image of him, right on the head.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were still traces of the adrenaline and rage left, though, it seemed that Alyria had calmed down enough to no longer retain those werewolfish traits. She turned around to look at Sir Wylfred, with a somewhat embarrassed expression. After all, she had gone crazy over a rock. "So how was that?" she asked, after a slight pause. The leader of the werewolves smiled at her and told her that it was quite impressive that she managed to will herself into her werewolf form and Alyria gave him a smile in return for the compliment. Then, Wylfred began to walk over towards her, his expression rather calm and blank, and Alyria began to worry a bit. That expression felt dangerous, it was calm, but more like the calm before a storm, as the saying went. Alyria tensed for a moment, but Wylfred didn't seem to be directing himself towards her. Nevertheless, Alyria stayed on her guard.

There was a large cracking sound. With a sudden burst, Wylfred had gone through a half-transformation and smashed a hole into the rock behind her. Alyria's eyes widened at the damage he had done with a single punch. Cracks had spiderwebbed out all across the rock from the large dent. No, not a dent, more like a crater as if by a meteorite. With that show of power, the werewolf continued on to explain to Alyria the origin of a werewolf's power. Alyria listened quietly and when he finished, Alyria gave a slight nod. "I had always thought emotion would've been the trigger for bestial power. Seeing the frenzy of werewolves up close... though, I suppose in that way they had no control. I will give this some thought... could you leave me some peace to try some things out?"

Wylfred's Mansion

Lance was almost near the mansions gate to leave, as he was planning to find this person who haunted his vision...but that plan became put on hold. At this point he heard an explosion and turned his head to see the point of the location: back in the BACK of the mansion. Perfect.... he thought with a sigh as he went back that way. On the way, he stopped and picked up the scents. Werewolf was one...the newer one...but what was his name?? But the other scent...it sent a chill down Lance's spine.

Oh great...that crazy person is back. And I doubt Sir Wylfred is back... he thought, sighing. He went back through the mansion and stopped by his room, quickly grabbing his broadsword. At which point, he could see the two fighting from his room's window. "Man, Wylfred's gonna kill me for this..." Lance sighed as he ran and jumped through the window, breaking it and then landing with a roll near the werewolf: Lariat.

"Hey there! Hope you don't mind an Epsilon helping you out..." Lance said with a smirk, raising his broadsword in a battle stance.

[b][u]Noirlune Spire, training room[/u][/b]

Azami blinked in surprise at Claudia's response as the woman glanced at the clock.

"Well." She began, unsure what to say. "Time runs faster in the Aeon. I did mention this." Even so, she had the feeling that a higher power was at work here, but shrugged it off. In any case, she sensed Brom's slight annoyance with everything and gestured for the elevator. "We'll be going up again. I trust none of you are afraid of heights?"

The Doctor pressed a button and the elevator doors opened to reveal the compartment once more. Strangely enough, the hole that had been in there earlier was no longer there, but only Arn would've noticed that fact. She signaled for everyone to step back in, and once they were, the elevator went up again. The trip this time was noticeably shorter, but she took that time to speak.

"This next part may be a little more boring, but necessary if one is to understand the powers of the werewolf, and what Sir Wylfred actually wants."

---

[b][u]Wylfred's Mansion, training...basement?[/b][/u]

[b]-12:45-[/b]

Sir Wylfred smiled. "Of course-" Before he could finish his sentence, his head snapped upward.

Something had appeared. Something dark. Something familiar. Without a doubt, he knew who it was - Freyr. He glanced at the clock to see that she was fifteen minutes early, and cursed silently to himself. Luckily, the other demon hadn't come along with her, and had chosen to head off in a different direction instead, but it wasn't much to be happy about. Just one floor above, he could sense Lariat confront her alone. That idiot, but he deserved a medal of bravery for what he was doing...and Lance joined shortly afterwards. Well well.

The girl didn't seem to have sensed it yet. Of course, they were underground, and that obviously played a factor.

"Alyria, stay down here. Train, whatever, but don't come up. A battle is about to ensue upstairs, and it is beyond you." Wylfred warned her, before rushing towards the stairs at lightning speed; his shoes torn to allow for werewolf feet.

[b]First floor, by the door[/b]

"That's enough, Lariat, Lance.... And Freyr." Sir Wylfred echoed, calmly walking towards them out of a hallway. His voice was powerful enough to stop any fighting that had been going on immediately.

This time he was unperturbed by the presence of the demon, unlike last time. There was no fear, at least not of the demon. Only frustration that s/he had been allowed to come to close to the mansion a second time. The mist was there was a reason, after all. People weren't supposed to find the bloody building, but it was justified. This was a demon they were dealing with, after all. But he'd hoped he could at least confront Freyr in the courtyard, not inside, not here.

He also observed that there was a giant hole in the wall. Seriously? He'd maintained a good track of preventing property damage over the past few weeks, but in a single day, he had been given two large holes - one in the roof, one right here - to fix. And the door as well. Did anyone know who fixed these things? Hired workers? No! The werewolves themselves had to fix it, manual labor. He was rich, quite, but he couldn't exactly hire people to fix these things.

Complaints aside, the Alpha fearlessly faced Freyr.

"I see you've come, Freyr. You've given me plenty of time to think about your deal. There's just one problem with that. During the first few days a lycan is here, they always tend to be suspicious about me, even comparing me to figures like Lord Elnaer and Adreianus Shallowvow. Certainly, Noirlune thinks of me that way, but...that's not the kind of person I am."

Smiling calmly, he looked Freyr in the eye.

"I truly want peace for the werewolves. I want them to enjoy a world that can accept us for who we are. It is for that cause alone that I am Sir Wylfred."

As if to emphasize this, his eyes underwent a partial transformation, morphing into a redder form akin to that of a werewolf.

"You assumed I would kill the townspeople. You assumed that bolstering my forces with a brainwashed cult would do me any good, when I'm already at the pinnacle of victory. From the very beginning, Freyr, you were mistaken. And so, my answer to your deal is this; f*** off, demon."

Lariat was proud of his bad ass statement, he clenched his hand several time to prove to him self and possibly Freyr tho he was pushed back in to the wall his hand was perfectly fine. As lance arrived he grinned his odds increased him as the sword and Lariat as the shield. But then his neck muscles rippled as he felt the presence of Wylfred. He then slowly backed off as his leader spoke.

As Wylfred finished Lariat stepped up to his side and snorted in agreement. In the dark lobby in the back behind Wylfred and Co several yellow orbs(eyes) appeared behind them.

[HR]

As Verdanda came in the tend she let out a sigh. She removed the latches on the breast plate and lifted it off her and placed it on the mannequin when a deep voice comes from outside. "Do you not want me with you at the moment?" Her father spoke from the outside.  She swiftly replied as she stood in a tunic and trousers "No"

Her father shrugs and walks away, she unbuttons the tunic and lets it fall off of her shoulders and lets it fall to the ground, showing her soft peach skin, Marked by many scars she slowly slides off the trousers and slides in to the bed prepared for her. The loose sheets clinging to her quite curvy form and bust. Verdanda raises her hand to her face as she looks at the many small scars on her hands from sword training. she slowly fades out in to a flash back from when she was 22 and she was being trained by her father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Verdanda parried a sword incoming at her well and retaliated but was knocked off her feet by a kick a sword planted down next to her face, "Not good enough! Take off your Tunic! and turn." A booming low voice called out. The girl did as she was told slightly shaking and let it fall to her waist showing a few large scars on her back.

*Smack!*  .... *Smack!* ... *Smack!* "HOW... are you supposed to get... ME! the.... CROWN! if you are so easily defeated?" The man whipped her to punish her on multiple occasions and this was no different. Verdanda hand teared up but her eyes were open and slightly twitching as she had a smile on her face. "I-I promise to make Y-YOU P-roud! Hahaha..."

Verdanda was suddenly brought back by the laughing soldiers who had started to cook.

Noirlune Spire,

The family was rather bemused with the whole elevator going up to a second level. Not like much was actually happening anyway. Adrian was slightly annoyed at his surroundings. Outside of his family members these people looked weak. Besides the doctor herself of course. They looked average, normal, and in some cases defective. Adrian wondered how useful they would actually be, come the battle with the werewolves. Then again it would be boring to kill a hungry non-warmed up enemy. Adrian let loose a snicker as his daughter's tellings of looking on the bright side of matters actually paid off. Clarice was almost on the same wave length as her husband, until she decided to let boredom get the better of her and focus on her home and wonder if the crops are coming in. Usually her mother  could help with all of that noise but with the family here she would have to lead her powers in the hands of her former squad. Clarice shook her head and focused on the events that were happening in front of her. Apparently this was going to be the boring section. SO what is that a speech of some kind?

Noirlune Spire - Training Room

The hole in the elevator is no longer there...strange... Arn thought as he entered the elevator with the others. However, he noted Azami's statement on this part being a bit more boring than the others. Boring? I highly doubt it... listening to failed exploits of the Order trying to rid the world of scum and bringing forth new ideas that eventually fail like those in the past... that is true boredom.

Arn remained silent through the trip in the elevator...awaiting what lied ahead.

-----------

Wylfred's Mansion

Lance had a cold chill that ran down his spine as he heard Sir Wylfred's voice. Lowering his blade, Lance backed away, attentive on hearing Wylfred's words.

"I truly want peace for the werewolves. I want them to enjoy a world that can accept us for who we are. It is for that cause alone that I am Sir Wylfred."

He was at a loss for words. Lance never knew exactly why Wyfred did what he did...but...hearing this now, just made the young werewolf smile a bit. Then...if that is how you truly are, Sir Wylfred...I am willing to help you then. It'll be a repayment...for you raising me when you found me... he thought as, he raised his broadsword up and let it rest upon his shoulder.

Right now...Lance wasn't focused about the visions...this Order of Roses...nothing! Right now...right now he stood beside a man who was truly wanting to change the world for the better.

Amisi had almost instantly covered herself as she felt the evil presence coming, a simple whisper had the vines wrap around her more easily then usual....she felt odd that they answered her so easily. But she also felt a call telling her to stop staying back.....slowly the small pod moved forward to the door, she could hear everything.....Lariat bravely fighting against the demon, and then Lance coming to back him up, then she felt one very strong presence, Sir Wylfred had just arrived and looked very confident. "Nyah, I think everything should be fine right?"

She heard what he had to say, it was very inspiring, even if the last word was a curse word and the plants covered her ears for that, but she felt good knowing she had chosen the right cause, her heart beat more quickly as she felt herself grow, even if only a little, more closely to the mansion....He hadn't spoke to her, but his reason for battle was righteous, and she would support them. However there was still the demon in front of them.....what would...he/she/it......yubel do? "Please no fighting...please no fighting....please no fighting....." she said to herself quietly as the trees began to slowly sway in the wind.

Alyria was slightly taken aback by that and she stayed on the spot as Sir Wylfred left. She? Stay back? Though Alyria had come here under no disguise trusting in her own ability as well as to prevent any sort of misunderstanding or bad blood that would come from her lying to Sir Wylfred, but she hadn't really made her identity too obvious either, so perhaps Sir Wylfred was unaware of who she was? It was possible.

But, she wouldn't just stay there. She was a bounty hunter, someone did not just fight, but sought out monstrosities both magical and human and took them down as a way of life, she wasn't some ordinary, innocent young girl. Alyria was just not used to being downplayed. Though on one hand, perhaps she had spent too long with the Sentinel who all looked up to her and she had ought to regain some modesty, but on the other, Alyria was still very confident in herself. She had kept up her skills all these years, in fact improving them with the Sentinel and proving them in the field. The thing was upstairs screamed evil, but Alyria was one who faced evil with an arrogant smile.

Alyria paused. Was it okay for her to fight even though she didn't completely control her werewolf form? What if she lost control? She needed to train. The adrenaline from a fight may very well lead to an unwanted transformation. She also wanted to train and feel her capabilities more. Despite having not been in control, she had felt something about her werewolf form that intrigued her. Such impossible speed and Alyria felt that she hadn't even come close to her upper limits in that regard. However, Alyria, though intrigued, felt repulsed by it. It was as if it were another entity altogether sharing this body, though she knew it was not.

I will spectate, Alyria concluded and she crept upstairs to watch.

Noirlune Spire

A frown appeared on Brom's face as the Doctor mentioned traveling in the elevator. It wasn't that he was afraid of heights, but more that he didn't really enjoy the company of these people, let alone wanted them in such close proximity. Nonetheless, he would have to suck it up and deal with it. Sighing, Brom entered the elevator with the others. He found himself next to the Arn character. Brom could tell that he was dangerous. The vibe that he produced was one of confidence and power. Brom would have to keep his eye on the man. Not for the first time today he thought about shooting him here, not wanting to deal with the problems he could create in the future, but came to the same conclusion yet again. Azami would not be pleased if he bloodied the elevator...and killing a possible asset to the resistance probably wouldn't sit well with her either. So instead he stood there quietly, detesting being in the presence of so many beings. 

“Oh… this just keeps getting better and better,” Freyr laughed at the new boy who had hoped in, “are you sure you all aren’t werelemmings, because you seem very intent on committing suicide.” Freyr gave a mocking look, barely giving Lance any attention, merely turning as Wylfred walked up the stairs to greet him.

“Pick your words carefully, Alpha,” a smile on his face Freyr said the word contemptuously knowing he held the upper hand. Noticing Wylfred look towards the wall, Freyr could reply with and apologetic shrug, “sorry about that, just thought I’d give testosterone puppy a little taste of my power, keep him in line.” Freyr only arched an eyebrow at Wylfred’s comments, “I think I see were this is going, and I don’t think you’ll like where it ends.”  Freyr had already began moving back preparing for the attack coming his way.

“Your idealistic… like the princess, you and her share a common goal yet you pushed her away. Mortals such as yourself never cease to amuse me,” Freyr looked over his shoulder smirking, “take care of your next move here, you could make a very powerful enemy, and I’m not so easily killed. If you were to kill the body, you kill the princess and an innocent… just keep that in mind.”

“Again with the language, nobody respects boundaries anymore. Y’all mother****ers need Yukari!” Freyr was more flabbergasted by the language than Wylfred’s refusal, “how fun it would have been for my cult, and your hound army to clash… but they cannot move as easily through the mist as I,” Freyr said returning to the matter at hand, “speaking of your army, I think I’ll cut it down to size… hehe.”

Demetori - U.N. Owen Was Her?

A black whip of energy formed in Freyr’s hand, which seemed to end in an arrow like shape. Swinging the whip he intentionally arched over Wylfred’s head, the bringing it back down for a diagonal cut across his chest, then whether it hit or not, Freyr swung the whip back to go for a horizontal cut across Wylfred’s chest. 

Amisi looked on at the conversation as it suddenly began turning for the worse, she felt some part of her was more against the demon then anyone else.....her blood was boiling for some reason, and she couldn't tell why, it wasn't the girl....it was whatever was speaking, nagging at her like a lumberjack striking a tree repeatedly with an axe, a pain in her side she couldn't explain. She had heard her clan was very against demons, but she didn't expect this.....

"It" moved erratically, it wasn't like normal people, whom moved within nature, she could normally tell what foot someone was gonna step with next but this was actually hurting her to look at, as if a bunch of shadows we're peering around it and saying various directions to go through, finally it said something about Yukari and that just annoyed her...not for demonic reasons...it just did.....

But finally what had attracted Amisi's attention was when it attacked, and for a second she saw it's movements before she could register what she was doing, her hand waved in front of her and suddenly the pod that protected her broke apart and sent a vine slithering down the ground at great speed, lashing out and hardening as it struck back against the black whip, it was destroyed but only after deflecting the blow, and calling forth a second vine to counter a second whip attack in less then a second later. "Don't Touch Them!" She shouted uncharacteristically from behind them at the entrance to the door.

Wylfred's Mansion, front door -> front courtyard

As predicted, it had escalated into a battle. One that could very well spell out the end of the werewolves. Wylfred was about to block the attack when Amisi suddenly jumped in and unleashed a vine with force equivalent to that of the demonic whip, letting them collide together. While the vine had been torn apart by it, the black whip had been successfully deflected away, but Freyr wasn't done yet. Taking advantage of his momentary distraction, the demon swung the whip forth once more, this time horizontally. But Amisi reacted just as fast and threw out a second vine that once again intercepted the attack.

From the collision, natural and demonic energies erupted and scattered throughout the room before disappearing. Users of nature were aligned with the very world itself, so nature magic was naturally opposed to magic of an alien nature. Therefore, it would be accurate to say that nature users were like vaccines to a virus like Freyr.

While the attacks wouldn't have done any significant damage due to his high regenerative capabilities, it was surprising to see Amisi's willfulness to aid him. Within mere hours, she had already gotten past their differences and had set her mind to helping them. It was convenient, and it could very well spell out victory for the Alpha. As the whip was deflected back, Freyr's body was thrown slightly out of balance, which gave Sir Wylfred the opportunity he needed to charge. Exploding into his werewolf form within a second - it having more additions and detail due to Gnarl's powerup - he thrust his body forth into Freyr, sending the demonic-possessed princess smashing through a wall and out into the front courtyard.

The ground was noticeably muddier thanks to the storm from earlier, and the mist was as thick as ever. He had no idea if demons could see through it or not, but that combined with the open space should give him the advantage...he hoped so, anyway.

"Now then!" Wylfred growled. "If you thought I wouldn't hit a girl, you were wrong. I won't show any mercy just because of that. Are you ready for this, Freyr?!"

----

[b][u]Noirlune Spire[/u][/b]

When they reached the top, Azami stepped out and waited until everyone had exited the elevator before standing in front of the Resistance.

The floor and ceiling appeared to be made of titanium, with thick glass walls that displayed a grey sky - they were closer to the clouds than they were to the ground now, as it appeared. The humans may have felt a little strange feeling in their ears due to the difference in oxygen levels, but the superior-evolved vampires wouldn't have noticed this.

"This is the Somnium. For those of you who prefer to swing weapons about, you'll get your chance. But for now, just stay still and listen to my lecture."

Noticeably the room was empty, but after Azami spoke, she uttered a few words in an unknown language and the ceiling responded. Elven runes of all colors began to appear all over it, glowing their respective colors. While it wasn't evident, they were charging up mana out of nowhere as if to use this energy to assist her in her lecture.

"Now then, before we begin, there's something I believe you all have the right to know." She began. "The monster you all know as Sir Wyfred, leader of the werewolves......was once my apprentice."

Noirlune Spire

Richard gave himself time to think. For some time, he thought Azami would come down and talk to him. But he was mistaken. It's been far too long for her to come down, so maybe she went on with everyone else who's awake without him. Oh well. He'd be informed of anything new and confidential soon enough. But the next thing he knew, he felt like something was calling to him. What it was he was unsure about. But he knew one thing: that power from his dream could have easily stuck with him thanks to that blinding light that awoke him and Brom. Suddenly, Richard disappeared from where he was in a flash of light. Then, he reappeared right beside Brom, in the same area above the Aeon room. "Wh-what!?" he asked himself in confusion. "How-how did I get here?" He then looked up and noticed the elven runes. "Oh. Maybe that's how..."

He then turned his attention to Lady Azami. "Apologies for this interruption, Miss Yamada." he began. "But you may be surprised as to what you just saw. I'll gladly explain things when you are done. I just wonder if you're aware about what happened just now." He then took a deep breath and looked at his arm, while also paying attention to Azami as well. He wondered if he could access that godlike power again in the real. Hopefully, he could use it to change the tide of battle. But he wouldn't know the limits and capabilities that this power held, or what damage it would bring to Lath. Perhaps something would trigger it, but it might be through despair. He would know soon enough. Is...is this the Somnium? he thought to himself. I've heard little of it, but my best guess is that this is it. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Noirlune Spire

Claudia growled angrily once she heard that Wylfred was once Azami's assistant, and cast a glare at said woman with a look of pure venom, with one hand curled into a fist. She had half a mind to punch Azami in the eye right then and there... but Claudia knew better than that. Still, Azami was now one less person to trust, as a result of her revelation, and to be honest she kinda deserved that look from Claudia, as well as such from everyone else. Shanna, however, wasn't so sure about that.

"You really shouldn't..." Shanna was about to say, before she received the same look that Claudia gave Azami, "...never mind."

That said, Claudia returned her attention to Azami, pondering about what else she'd say... or even if she'd notice the cold, blank stare coming her way.

Wylfred's Mansion; A Basement

Warwick, having left the kitchen, was now lurking in the shadows of a basement, watching a young female werewolf (Alyria) training under the guidance of none other than Wylfred himself. Sometime mid-way, Wylfred had mentioned that true power wasn't all about rage, but a sense of serenity as well.

'Well that's an interesting outlook,' Warwick thought to himself, as he continued to watch until Wylfred left, presumably because he had his own battlegrounds to attend to.

Warwick decided to help by staying where he was...

“Eh?” was all Freyr managed when two vines blocked his attacks, and Wylfred’s furry fist connected with his face throwing him through the wall, only half hearing Amisi’s voice. Using the momentum of Wylfred’s punch Freyr flipped himself backwards, landing in a feral stance his smile crooked, “you wouldn’t want to break this pretty little face would you? It seems I’ve underestimated you, so you can be proud that I bothered to show you this little technique.”

Standing Freyr spread his palms out two little energy balls, which traveled to each of his sides, and began expanding until they took on the shape of bat wings, attaching themselves on to the two pentagrams that had been burned near Niasa’s hips. Arching his back Freyr cackled as the wings lifted him a small ways in the air.

Closing them around him , then quickly flipped open sending a barrage of oval shaped energy down at Wylfred. Unfortunately he couldn’t just bombard them from the air, as the aerial energy was more consuming on his mana supply, and moved far to slow to actually do enough damage to kill the werewolves.

Confident Wylfred was distracted with his attack Freyr rocketed down in front of Amisi, “now for you my darling, you wanted to play to, and now you can die with the other dogs,” folding the wings close to his back Freyr charged a spear of energy, much similar to the one he had thrown at Lariat, “you see this… that’s what caused the hole in the wall, now it’s going to put a hole in you!”  Using Niasa’s vampiric speed to gain an advantage on Amisi, swinging the spear to hit her with the pole, maybe crack a few ribs. Yes… the nature user would suffer, then she could die. 

Noirlune Spire, Lecture Hall

While the general consensus of shock and disgust was pretty rampant, as it should be, the Shallowvow-Blackwell family were filled with different and more mixed reactions. Clarice naturally took the side of the doctor. This was just another example of an ungrateful man that was threatened by the success of a strong female character. Clarice now hated Sir Wyfred even more. His head must be separated from his body. Adrian could only roll his eyes as this was once again another inept human like thing that failed at life. This was stupid how do you let your apprentice get away and then be in a position to lead a rebellion. Clearly she was an ineffectual leader. Though this did make him realize the trophy that he landed within his own wife, because there was no doubt that any of her apprentices wouldn't act right when spoken too. On the other hand his respect for this Sir Wyfred dropped. If one is bold enough to rise up in rebellion then they shouldn't have gotten away alive in the first place. Clearly this Wyfred rose up ran then made this army. His cowardice can only be answered with one option. A beheading.

Claire didn't care about anything that the doctor was saying. Well in relation to this werewolf nonsense anyway. As far as she was concerned what did it matter about the Doctor's past affiliations. If anything this new information gives insight to the leader's weaknesses which is always a good thing. Claire was actually focused on the magic of the spire. More rooms, a new kind of metal, the elevator with a bright light. Something in here is going to help unlock her granddaughter's true potential. How would this happen is the only question.  Latrice also felt nothing for the news of the apprenticeship, she was more interested in the fact that they were somehow moved into higher altitudes. This magic that was being used was foreign to her the text and the ritualistic symbols didn't help that at all.

Clarian didn't feel disgust as much as he felt concern. If the doctor couldn't keep her former apprentice in line then that means he must be at serious threat. Though he didn't want to admit it, a piece of him wanted to go all out and release these self imposed restraints on a person. Adrianna on the other hand was simply distracted by the dude who showed up in a flash of light. Its not that she wasn't paying attention. Its just that the man distracted her. He was shiny.

Noirlune, Raphael's shop/ Basement training room

Raphael was already beginning to warm up, when the time for battle came he would have no time for stretches, and the way the wind was blowing was becoming very unsettling, by the end of today The Seraph was going to take a life and give it peace. His fists were clashing against a training pole, , keeping his reflexes quick, no matter what he did, as a human he would never match a Vampire or Werewolf's speed or strength, but today, despite the slight feel of anemia from earlier he had a great reservoir of strength, the pole couldn't keep up with him, he turned around and suddenly picked up his short staff, striking against a large group of training dummies, their movements annoyed him, so slow, they weren't suitable for training but it was all he had now that his organization was destroyed. He was feeling his anger growing once again, and before he could help himself together he twisted the pole open and revealed them to be twin blades, quickly he slashed them into various pieces.

Without stopping he threw them to a group of targets, impaling them quickly before he reached into his waist pouch and threw hollow darts, of course they were empty, but their accuracy was impeccable. "Faster.....Stronger, Soon enough this stupid war of theirs will end with death....." The man's stamina did not wane, but he failed to notice his sweat had a dark tint to it, much like his blood had earlier. He began hitting the training post once again, matching and even passing it's speed before he suddenly went ahead and punched it into various pieces. "This isn't going to cut it.....these are nothing like them......I'll never get stronger like this......" His outburst continued until finally his knee gave way and he felt slightly dizzy, his mind tracing back to the tower, and worse yet, the red eyes he saw in the Aeon....these eyes were not The Doctors and certainly not The Bloody Rose's.....but he just couldn't tell what it was that pained him so as he woke up. Raphael began coughing once more, placing his hand on a wall for support before staring into his palm, seeing the black liquid from before.

He fell on his knees once more and closed his eyes, seeing faces he didn't recognize, one was a young woman, with flowing white hair, by the looks in her eyes she held a secret, and with a closer look one could see a boy, reminiscent of her. He had no idea why he saw their face in his mind, both just staring at him as if waiting for him to say something back at them, longing for something. But he shook his head, and let his mind wander a bit more, he saw the face of another young person, this one was much smaller, a child perhaps, dark skinned, she had a strong connection to the Aeon....and by that it also seemed to effect him. "The hell?"

Unexpectedly he began hearing the sounds he recorded while in the spire, the sounds that at first made no sense, it was haunting, like the whispers of a demon in one ear slowly going out through the other. "What the hell is going on" he asked himself as he began coughing once again, the black "blood" on the ground reflecting his own face back at him, but as he stared deeper he only saw eyes, slowly they slit themselves and turned red, looking back at him for a short while before they blinked and left him looking at a black pool once again. The Seraph felt it was best to rest a little before continuing.

[hr]

Amisi stared in disbelief as the demon was in the air, the plants already trying to move to protect her, but they seemed to lack the will she had a few seconds ago, they weren't as quick as before and that would end badly for her. She also didn't expect the demon to land in front of her, the eyes burning into her as she stood there frozen, her eyes widened as her plants couldn't react quick enough, and her mouth was slowly opening as she was about to scream before she felt an extremely quick wind pass by in front of her.

She had heard him mention how fast he was but it wasn't until now that she saw it firsthand, somehow in less time then it took for her plants to be summoned, Lariat was kneeling, holding out his arm to hold against the strike, Amisi would have probably been crushed, but Lariat felt little against the attack, just like she remembered he said, he was the best when it came to durability, and he had the strongest skin for taking damage, Amisi's cry of fear calmed down and she simply turned into a more assured smile. "Thanks...." was all she said as she went back to concentrating for her plants.

Lariat smirked, "Of course beautiful its because, I'm awesome!" he said, then while he thought he pushed his body forward and aimed to headbutt the other girl no real aim anywhere would be a good hit with his bone density, and break a few bones himself! "ahh.. That thing is painful ha but wont stop me from protecting Amisi. Its what the Hero does!"

(The movement was done with Aqua's permission, so that she could sleep instead of forcing out a short post.)

Somewhere in the Forest

An eerie whisper rang through the forest, inaudible to all but the most attuned to nature, uttering a simple word, in a language to ancient for most to understand. Why?

This question floated about in Feredir's mind for a few moments as he watched the body of Niasa rush off, away from the clearing; the trees at that point being seperated again - as if the clearing had never been closed off. In fact, the forest seemed to have returned to a somewhat normal appearance, albeit much darker and tenser than before. Feredir shook his head at the question of the forest, knowing the resentment it would have for the demon's escape - nothing was more an enemy to nature than a demon. But Feredir had more important things to take care of; there was still a demon in this clearing, albeit a more minor one.

But, more importantly, there was Alsa's 'child'. The daughter of the Vampire lord. And demon or not, the Elf had an obligation to care for her.

He rose from the make shift throne on the branches, taking no note of the fact that as soon as he rose, it seemed to disappear, as if it had never existed. He then took a step forward, as if to drop to the ground. And yet, under his feet was another branch, a sturdy one, apparently having already existed there, and yet having only just appeared.

This 'staircase' of branches wound all around the thick tree, allowing him to reach the ground rather peacefully, his staff making impact with the hard earth first.

"Come child." His elven words echoed throughout the clearing, a slight gust of wind rippling his robe, as if the words themselves had power. Feredir did not expect her to understand the words, but the meaning would get across. The most ancient of languages, one grown from the 'primitive' daemonic communication of instincts, had that effect on people. It spoke with power.

He motioned with his staff anyway, heading in the direction opposite that of Freyr's path. He had sensed movement in that direction, one of their own people, and he had an inclinations as to who it was. There was little fear about loses track of the Demon's progress or whereabouts. Besides, this mist was starting to thicken again, having previously been kept distant by the closeness of the trees. While neither of them were likely to get lost, it would definitely be an inconvieniance to be caught within it.

"We should return." He spoke, in the common tongue this time. "I believe the mansion has received some guests. Our presence may be required." At this he motioned vaguely to his right, waving with his staff in the direction of Vernanda's camp, which lay just outside the borders of the Forest.

"Meanwhile, you should try to avoid being so reckless. That little scrap of yours nearly cost you your life" He added, lifting the girl up from the floor and pressing a hand on her wounded gut, the wound sealing up rather quickly. Even the swath of cloth that had been torn away seemed to be repairing itself, new fabric growing out of the old. "There, now your father will not have to worry so much. As irritating as you are, Lord Alsa has taken an unnatural shine to you." He muttered, beginning to move away.

"We shall return to the mansion, you will apologise to your father and everyone who was present when you...snapped, and then you shall follow me. We have much to discuss about your..." He paused from his scolding for a moment, thinking of the correct term. For it suddenly didn't seem as appropriate to label him, "...brother."

With that, he sighed and motioned with his staff for Alexandria to follow him, just as a large gust of wind seemed to 'coincidentally' start behind Alexandria, pushing her slightly in the direction Feredir started walking.

Noirlune Spire

Brom simply watched the reactions of the other members of the resistance. It came as no big surprise to Brom that the leader of the werewolves had once received tutelage from the Doctor. There were few powerful people in this world, and those that existed usually had some kind of connection. It made no difference to Brom if Azami and Sir Wylfred had once been teacher and student. His hatred did not discriminate. Still, it was an interesting bit of information. One that may prove useful should he run into the powerful werewolf. "Big woop." Brom said emotionlessly. "How about we get this show on the road?" Brom's impatience had been growing ever since coming out of the Aeon Pod, his nerves still rattled due to the psychological happenings that accompanied his visit into his subconscious. 

From her seat in the trees, Kate could hear the exchange between the vampire she had been following and what seemed to be the Alpha Werewolf. In particular, one certain line from him, declaring his intentions with the werewolves. To her surprise, it was a peaceful goal, they weren't the warmongering group she had assumed, and so she found herself having to reassess her thoughts on the werewolves. Unfortunately that was cut short as the trees began to sway and, after losing her balance, she fell down to the ground, landing carefully on the grass with a muffled thump. Seeing as no-one had seemed to notice her yet, she started to gather a ball of the mist, condensing it down into a sphere of water for her to use in case she was attacked. That done, she sat there, further into the mist than the current confrontation and waited, to see how it went and if they'd need help against the demon vampire.

[b][u]Noirlune Spire, Lecture Room[/b][/u]

Azami blinked in surprise when Richard suddenly appeared out of nowhere, in a flash of light. The others had ignored him, probably thinking that this was just another one of her magical shenanigans, but she honestly had no idea what just happened. Regardless, she only nodded at his presence before continuing on. After her revelation, she got reactions that were only to be expected from the others, mainly split between disgust and understanding. Once it had sunk in for everyone, she clicked her fingers.

And then, their surroundings changed. It began with the floor getting overtaken by a pavement vaguely resembling one within Noirlune's, although it seemed to be around twenty-three years ago. Thus the buildings around them weren't as tall, and several things were missing, most notably the tall and iconic Spire they were standing in right now. Standing right next to Doctor Yamada was another Doctor Yamada, but this one had a blank look on her face and a red cloak was wrapped around her body. The real Azami waved her hand into the other one's, only to pass through it, demonstrating to the rest that while everything looked real, it wasn't.

"Sir Wylfred Glendon was a boy when I first met him, and at the time, I never really thought he was anything special." She told the Resistance.

"......a...................h.....h.........."

As if on cue, a young boy stumbled across the street. The boy looked battered, weak, tired as if he had walked for miles without stopping, and walked in a way as if he was about to collapse. He wore ragged clothes and had short silver hair that looked like moonlight in a way. As he stumbled on, his foot caught a crack in the street and his body toppled over---only to be caught by the cloaked Azami. Slightly in surprise, he looked up to the woman with wide eyes. She, on the other hand, didn't look back down at him, instead only staring ahead at the border of Noirlune.

"M- Miss-" The boy began, and suddenly Azami let go of him.

He managed to regain his balance, and after a sharp breath, suddenly launched into an surprisingly long jumble of words which may or may not have been coherent.

"M- m- m- my name is Wylfred Glendon, I used to live together with my mother and my father, and we used to live together in this forest all alone peacefully and sometimes my parents would go out and hunt and sometimes they took me along and that made me excited and I began to memorize the area of the forest and one day I asked my father if he had ever ventured out and he said yes but then said that the world out there is a hell where only demons can live in but I thought he was wrong and I still think so and you're not a demon, are you, Miss, I hope not, so I wanted to go and find out for myself, so so so so I ventured out by myself one day without telling them about it, but then I tripped and scraped my knee badly so I went back to go and ask my parents to heal it b- b- but when I came back, I found only flames and a marching band of pale men in armor completely different from the one I've seen in my mother's drawings, and I hoped my parents were alive, so I dived in, but t- they weren't so so so I ran, I guess they were demons and decided that I had to run, so I kept on running and running, a- and here I am and I don't know what to do and everything seems so strange and where are these trees so colorless and what happened to the ground and is it going to rain because I don't have any shelter and I don't know what to do and I feel dark and I can't feel my legs and I don't know how long I've gone to get to this strange forest. And I feel. So. Alone.  I don't know how I don't know what to do I don't know what to do I don't know what to do I don't know what to-"

He stopped when the cloaked Azami's arm rose up, her index finger pointing towards a building close by. An orphanage. Of course, the boy had no way of knowing what an orphanage was.

"U- um, thank you, miss!" Unsure as to where he was heading, he ran straight to the edifice in ignorance with a hopeful expression.

Once the kid was gone, Azami put up her hood as it began to rain and silently strode off into the distance, just as their surroundings melted back into the room they were in prior.

"The Somnium projects images. In this case, my memories. But it can also project other things, such as figments of the imagination." The real Azami stated. "I'll be using more of that in a bit, but before then... A decade after I sent him to that place, he came to this same Spire, having apparently identified me by then and practically begging me to become his apprentice. After a long series of tests, I reluctantly accepted. About a year ago, he disappeared, and it was only three months ago that he has resurfaced. When I heard it was him, I pretty much had to jump to the seat of mayor and take matters into my own hands."

Waving her hand, a human-sized miniaturization of the Noirlune Spire appeared before the Resistance on the floor. Now being able to see it in all its entirety, it was easy to notice how absolutely irregular its design was. As it ascended, the patterns and colors became more and more complex, with width varying greatly from section to section, and the patterns actually resembled the lines of the bark of a tree more. The very top was the most irregular of them all; a spinning orb that resembled a strange planet, similar to Lath, only it had several small continents instead of one super-one, and tons of land scattered all around the globe.

"That orb you see is the Tellurion, and this entire Spire is only an extension of it." She continued. "I can only guess at Sir Wylfred's motives, but there is one thing I know for sure. My ultimate invention,is the key to him achieving his goal. Annnndddd it's probably world domination. Any questions so far?"

--------------------

[b]Wylfred's Mansion, Front Courtyard[/b]

The way Freyr made it sound, it sounded like he was preparing for some kind of ultimate attack. The demon sprouted small batlike wings - that would normally be incapable of carrying such a heavy object - before launching a barrage of oval-shaped energy orbs. Since he had possession over the vampire princess's body, he also had access to her abilities. Dammit. Sir Wylfred quickly drew water from both the air and the mist to create a thick shield of ice. Upon having deflected them all, he let the shield shatter only to see the demon use that opening to attack Amisi.

...but Lariat managed to protect her in time, luckily. Where was Lukas anyway? In any case, the Omega charged forth at Freyr, and Wylfred used this distraction to forge seven spears of ice around him.

Once the demon had gotten rid of Lariat (as Wylfred had no doubt of that), the Alpha bombarded him/her with all seven spears, launching them from the air with the intent to pierce through his/her body. Despite this flawless plan, he wasn't sure if it would work.

Noirlune Spire, Lecture Hall

And there the family stood looking at the virtual reality world that the doctor was showing them. Adrianna was truly captivated by the experience but she was actually the only one. The adults kept looking at each other trying to see if everyone had the same level of skepticism which everyone did. The real off putting move was that a child for some odd reason came up to a total stranger and told her his life's story. With his vast amount of injuries and misfortune, wouldn't he just say something like "help." But it didn't really matter though if this was the image that the doctor wanted to show the let it be shown. Claire was interested at the mention of the "Ultimate Invention" not like she was scheming or anything but she wondered if Adrianna's future was now intertwined with it. 

Adrian decided to actually ask the question that was on his family's mind at least. Sooooo that was cute. Is there like a special way to kill him or something because I don't really see how you didn't kill him.

[b][u]Scarlet Legacy Mansion[/b][/u]

Lord Alsa nodded in agreement at his cousin Lyon's words. "Yes, you must be right. Besides, we can't a civil war to start right when we have a city to save and werewolf terrorists to take care of." He replied, although he was still slightly uncomfortable at the presence of Verdanda. When it came to her, anything could happen, and the young Vampire Lord had to be on guard at all times whenever she was nearby. She just wasn't easily trusted, and her habits didn't help one bit. She could endanger them all.

"Oh yeah... Scylla, are you alright?" Alsa asked in concern, turning to the girl.

Looking at her again, she did actually resemble his brother more than his own sister...but it was probably nothing.

-----

[b][u]Noirlune Spire[/b][/u]

[b]-1:30-[/b]

Azami smiled at the little girl's question.

"Yes, about that. Sir Wylfred came from an unnatural family." The Doctor answered. "I don't claim to know about their circumstances, but they had an uncannily high capacity for mana, equivalent or possibly even greater than a Vampire Lord. This was what allowed him to gain control over his werewolf form before anyone else, and this unnatural affinity also removed all limitations upon using magic that lycanthropy creates. While I know it sounds cliché, the man is talented in many fields, both magic and technology." Then she paused. "As for werewolf weaknesses overall, I'll touch on that in a little while longer."

Freyr smiled a large toothy grin when Lariat blocked hit attack. He dragged the spear’s edge across Lariat’s skin opening a shallow cut, only saved by his denser muscle and bone structure, which without the arm would have been sliced clean off. At this close range he had an opening for a few attacks, smashing the shaft of the spear into the side of Lariat’s face hopefully disorienting the werewolf. Taking advantage of the werewolf’s hopeful disorientation Freyr hopped onto the blocking arm, dragging his wings across the werewolf’s shoulder’s causing to more shallow cuts, as Freyr pushed off, hopefully knocking him back in Amisi and taking both of them out of comition while he dealt with Sir Wylfred.  

Noticing the ice spears headed his way Freyr formed the spear into the whip-spear from earlier, then spinning it he cut each spear in half.

“Sir Wylfred I don’t know what you wish to accomplish here, the moment you refused me your fate was sealed. Now, you and your werewolves pay… kekeke!” Freyr laughed spinning the whip around.

------

Tamara found herself outside hoping some fresh air would clear her head. From the bushes she heard a certain rumbling, and whipped her head around to face it, finding two young men walk out of it dusting themselves off.

The first had side parted chestnut hair, and grass green eyes, a sapphire moon tattoo on his forehead. The other was blonde, and had pitch black eyes, with his moon tattoo on his bare hand. Both were blue scarves under long brown ankle length coats, the rest of their outfit pitch black, a sword strapped to each of their waists.

“Who are you? Answer quick for I have the mind to end your life were you stand!” A large spike of ice formed in front of her pointed at the heart of one man.

“Easy there young lady! I’m Viktor and this is my comrade Turmond, he’s a mute,” The chestnut haired man said, laying down his sword, “we come from

Noirlune, and ask for the help of the mistress of the house.”

“Fine… come,” Tamara began to lead them out front when one of the men grabbed her wrists the other her mouth and ankles.

No… you will be coming with us,” Viktor said as they dragged the girl into the forest around the mansion, “out master has usefulness for you.”

-----

“Yes, I’m okay Uncle Alsa, the old lady just scared me that’s all,” Scyllia replied happily now that the woman was gone, “do you know if she’ll be stay long?”  

She put on a happy facade, while battling herself internally. She hated being compared to him, when she couldn't leave the house, with people recognizing her simlarites. Why? That was a question she asked herself a lot when it came to him. Why had he done what he did? Why had mommy and daddy been so good, but him so evil? Why? Why? Why?

Archived