Character Deck "Format" [Passing this on, read recent discussion]

So, the list didn't really change anything. Only gave a very minor boost to Bakura, and Marik if you REALLY wanted to play 3 Magical Stone Excavation. Marik and Bakura also lost use of Morphing Jar, so any bonus that gave has been mostly removed.

Also, I just noticed that Bastion actually has some interesting cards at his disposal. Foolish Burial, Smashing Ground, and Nobleman of Extermination.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Can Marshalling Field be a character card for Quinton? (maybe Quattro and Trey too).

Because it blatantly supports their rank-up-magic, and is clearly aimed at helping them.

I was considering it being counted as a character card for Quinton. Not Quattro though. I don't give support to decks that already have a lot going for them, even if it would fit their character.

Strangely, just like with Tron, cards are being printed for Star Seraphs but weren't actually character cards. I might end up giving him just 1 of the new ones as a character card just so he doesn't have to play so many horrible spells to meet the requirements.

I was considering it being counted as a character card for Quinton. Not Quattro though. I don't give support to decks that already have a lot going for them, even if it would fit their character.

Strangely, just like with Tron, cards are being printed for Star Seraphs but weren't actually character cards. I might end up giving him just 1 of the new ones as a character card just so he doesn't have to play so many horrible spells to meet the requirements.

Probably should be Quinton, as he is the creator of Argent.

May as well just give Durbe everything, he could use the help, he has so few stuff to choose from

Actually, he doesnt need to use Battlefield, just run 2 RUM71. if you dead draw them, summoner monk/sage helps you out.

He does have to. You need 15 character cards, and the Star Seraphs he has only take up 9 of those cards. That means 6 cards to fill in. Even if you ran 3 Seventh Ones you would still have 3 cards to meet the minimum requirement.

He does have to. You need 15 character cards, and the Star Seraphs he has only take up 9 of those cards. That means 6 cards to fill in. Even if you ran 3 Seventh Ones you would still have 3 cards to meet the minimum requirement.

I meant with the additional seraphs.

• 2 weeks later...

Characters who got noticeable boons from Dragons of Legend:

Yugi (A whole ton of potentially usable cards)

Rafael (Soul Charge, Deathscythe, etc)

Jaden (Philosopher's Stone, Flash Fusion, Battle Fusion)

Zane (Flash Fusion, Battle Fusion)

Chumley (Ayers Rock Sunrise)

Bastion (Carboneddon, Mathematician)

Crow (Tons of cards)

Trudge (Assault Dog, Gate Blocker, Wiretap)

Anna (A few okay cards)

Girag (Hand cards, making him playable)

Most ZeXal characters (Quick Chaos)

I am probably going to test out Trudge a bit soon, and Bastion.

That's good, though summoning Eatos is the main issue.

Also, for a slower format like this, what do you think about Supply Unit?

well I imagine it might actually be better here; having to run bad cards, getting to the good ones becomes that much more important.

Archived