Character Deck "Format" [Passing this on, read recent discussion]

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now if only Konami would step up their game and release more of Quinton's cards.

That said, I literally main Rio's deck. So that won't be an issue.

Can we remove the Dragrulers from the list now? All are at 1, should be fine to remove them, or restrict to only being able to use 1 of the rulers.

Can we remove the Dragrulers from the list now? All are at 1, should be fine to remove them, or restrict to only being able to use 1 of the rulers.

No. Not only are there a number of characters who could abuse them, but in general they are considered cheap in this format, as they give you free attackers, and monsters aren't that cheap here.

This Seems pretty interesting actually, i like the freedom you get to express using a characters deck while only playing a certain amount of cards. If this is ever a tournament on DN count me in.

I've held quite a few. There's one that just kicked off in the rounds today. I'll probably do another after this one's over, probably a week after or so.

I'm planning on implementing the 2 field spell rule regardless of whether the TCG adopts it or if it's not implemented yet. I also need to go through and take care of problem cards people find for the current setup.

If you guys think there are any problem characters or cards, please voice your opinion.

can't really say yet, I'm going to keep getting screenshots[and pm to you instead of posting] as they can help figure if a character might be a problem. Though so far Trey seems pretty strong[though can't say how strong as I have not tested prior to current tournament, as Nebura disk and crystal skull thin out the deck, while fueling the field spell pretty well [NS Disk effect, add crystal skull, effect of skull you added, get another chronomaly you want]. But I don't think he will be a problem, but again its to early to tell.

And I see you have only 3 ED not yours to trey after tournament started has started XD.

for Kaito, just limit Galaxy Soldier is enough imo, all new S/T require you to control a Galaxy-Eyes or Galaxy Xyz, which is situational and for me they're no need to hit, but that Soldier can search Knight or Cloud w/o consuming NS, also allow Expedition to activate, and all of that in 1 card is a bit much even for OP tier

So, Trey, Kaito, and Zane all gained major consistency cards and boons to their decks, it seems. Any thoughts on how powerful they are and how to take care of this?

Nebra disk does help with consistency, though it has not seem overpowering in itself, but it does lead to some nasty plays depending on hand [hard to say if anything needs to be hit for trey right now, as I have not played with him enough]

I don't honestly know enough about the decks to say for sure what would need to be done, which is why I'm asking you guys. I only have minor experience, what with how I've been gone for so long.

I've been out just as long, I didn't even know No. 62 existed. I just dropped in because, the character tournaments are fun[only time I actually play]. I also have no experience with the new chronomaly outside of this tournament.

I'm considering banning Galaxy Eyes Prime Photon Dragon, but not entirely sure. In Kaito's case it can cause an instant upset in a duel, and even outside of that it can still outbeat most anything anyone can throw out.

if his summoning conditions were not ridiculously easy, he would not be that bad, but the fact it just needs 2 lv8s which kaito can easily do, heck even IV could summon him easy as well. 

I think if I did that, I wouldn't really need to do much else to Kaito. Neo-Galaxy Eyes deserves any power that he gets, as much as it can suck to be on the receiving end of its material eating powers.

neo-galaxy is fine, as getting 3 lv8s requires more effort then just 2 lv8s. same logic as getting 2 lv anything is easier to pull off then 3 of the same level[for this tournament anyways].

Also would anyone available to character deck testings?[not decks currently used for tournaments obviously] 

Archived