Character Deck "Format" [Passing this on, read recent discussion]

No, I mean the Flower Princesses, though Rose Archer is also a problem.

\
From what I've seen from playing them for a while, the flower princesses can clog her hand if you run more than 2 without a reliable way to drop them out. Meaning at most, running 3 (1 copy each, or 2+1, or 3 of 1 copy, Ect...) is the best move. Now if any of them would be counted as a threat, I'd have to say, Talaya or Chirubimé if either was ran in multiple copies, or Tytannial with a reliable tribute source. the fire one is fairly unremarkable unless you run something like amaryllis with it, and that alone can start clogging your hand up unless the entire deck is used to accommodate the combo (then again, lonefire and meliae might make that a non issue now.)

Rose archer is rarely a dead draw, but it's also the only real trap prevention you can run in her deck without losing too much stride, I see how a hand trap that negates traps might be a problem, but limiting it to 1 or 2 would be better than outright banning it.

Moonlight Rose Dragon is a thing now though, so I guess that needs testing as well.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm free now, so can I help you? :)

Erm. Sorry, I meant to say I was going to be doing it tomorrow, and in the future. I am actually going to bed for the night.

The characters who need to be tested, though, are:

Syrus Truesdale (21 Character cards. Must use at least 5 roids total)

Akiza Izinski (21 Character cards. Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Gauche (21 Character cards. Only 2 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Mizar (Sargasso the D.D. Battlefield is a character card)

Dumon (Sargasso the D.D. Battlefield s a character card. Do not need traps)

Rex Goodwin (Do not need spells)

Joey Wheeler

Marik

Professor Viper

Mr. Armstrong (Chain Disappearance is a character cards)

Tetsu Trudge (Gaia Knight the Force of Earth is a character card)

Maximillion Pegasus (Only need 1 trap. May use 5 ED cards not theirs)

Tetsuo

Koyo Hibiki

Anna Kozuki

Jack Atlas (21 Character cards. Only 3 Extra Deck cards not theirs)

Please include the freebie rule from page 15, as it is for sure going to be implemented at this point.

I can already tell you Gauche with the 21 character card restriction is not very fun to play, because you dead draw so hard. especially against decks like Tron, Trey, Kaito and other decks that have alot good searchers. as Gauche's only searcher[besides ROTA] is so situational that you almost never get to do it.

I can already tell you Gauche with the 21 character card restriction is not very fun to play, because you dead draw so hard. especially against decks like Tron, Trey, Kaito and other decks that have alot good searchers. as Gauche's only searcher[besides ROTA] is so situational that you almost never get to do it.

Well, Tron, Trey, and Quattro aren't in the same format as Gauche where ha need 21 cards, so that doesn't seem like a problem.

I can help test as Pegasus. Toons can be of some fun. :)

Also Relinquished is undoubtedly my favorite monster, sooo...

Ill build the deck and you can contact me on DN if/when you feel like it.

I just finished making up some decks, so whenever you're ready just let me know.

Also, I just realized that Supay isn't one of Rex's cards. Ordinarilly I'd say "tough luck", but considering it's vital to his deck's main strategy, I'm thinking it should be counted as one.

I haven't really gotten to test it, but I built a Pegasus deck yesterday and realized there's no point to adding the extra ED space one way or another. Also, it is indeed very possible to make a usable deck for him using even 18 cards.

I would really like it if someone could build a deck for Anna, since I am not very familiar with those cards.

On a final note, I am considering Limiting some more cards, including Chaos Sorcerer and some cards like Gozen Match, since there are characters who are straight up forced to use different attributes/types.

It was her sister who used it, wasn't it?

Someone like that, but I dont think they were blood related. But since its a rank 10 and used in an episode with her, it should count IMO.

Might just be me, but its not getting used otherwise. (Gangaridai)

Made a whole ton of changes. Don't remember them all, but this is the gist of it:

Made the opening post look nicer and more alphabetized

Added the Freebie rule. Feel free to comment on the list.

Honest is banned, except for with OP Tier Jaden.

A ton of new Limited cards

Some changes to character limits in regular tier

Characters added to regular tier

Lots of changes to character limits in OP tier

I just finished making up some decks, so whenever you're ready just let me know.

Also, I just realized that Supay isn't one of Rex's cards. Ordinarilly I'd say "tough luck", but considering it's vital to his deck's main strategy, I'm thinking it should be counted as one.

Pretty sure apocatequil isn't one either

Pretty sure apocatequil isn't one either

He's not, but he's also not entirely essential to the deck's strategy. If you straight up didn't play Supay, the deck loses half of its purpose, what with one of the only Synchros he has needing it as the Tuner, and one of his main monsters specifically listing it in his text for its effect. You can still play the deck in its normal function without Apocatequil.

I believe that there's just too much that would have to be done to Akiza to make her deck stay in the current tier, and she is on the chopping block. If anyone wants to test with me or give reasons against moving her to OP tier, please do so now.

Did some test duels by the way, and think I need to remove some stuff from the freebie list, but also realize that Pegasus is viable in a way, though not too strong. Dumon is okay, and I feel stupid for not looking more into Vector. Rex also works out fine.

lessee.. cards released for Quinton:

Solar Wind Jammer

Planet Pathfinder

Deep-Space Cruiser IX

Number 9: Dyson Sphere

Number C9: Chaos Dyson Sphere

Rank-Up-Magic Argent Chaos Force

Tannhauser Gate

...thats not a lot to choose from for the 15 cards... Not exactly complaining since I wanted him to be added, but... man, those choices are sooo small.

Dextra won a tournament. Why isn't she on the list lol? 

Also there's a character from the manga who used Noble Knights I'm not sure his name, but would he count.

She is. I even double-checked I didn't remove her by mistake.

lessee.. cards released for Quinton:

Solar Wind Jammer

Planet Pathfinder

Deep-Space Cruiser IX

Number 9: Dyson Sphere

Number C9: Chaos Dyson Sphere

Rank-Up-Magic Argent Chaos Force

Tannhauser Gate

...thats not a lot to choose from for the 15 cards... Not exactly complaining since I wanted him to be added, but... man, those choices are sooo small.

Yeah, which is why he hadn't been added before. I also didn't like to add characters in general who didn't have both Spells and Traps to pick from, but I decided to break the rule.

Archived