Character Deck "Format" [Passing this on, read recent discussion]

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Video game cards[unless this has changed for this] do not count as Character cards unless otherwise stated.

Ok, just checking. I mean Bruno doesn't really duel, and when he does, its his "alter ego," which were mentioned here. Just a little confused. Too bad a certain 3 TGs never came out IRL.

Yusei is tempting to pick, but I would be lying to my name. xD

If it turns out Vizor's deck is somehow impossible to make because Striker at 2, is it possible to have Yusei as a "reserve?"

And I read over the first page, but when both tourneys combine rules and sometimes don't, it got a little confusing. When you get the chance, could you explain in a little more detail to me?
Thanks!

I don't know what you mean. There is no "mix of rules". The OP Tournament just removes the Character Deck banlist and any resistrictions on Normal Tier characters besides needing 16 Character cards, including at least 1 spell and 1 trap.

Ok, thanks.

I was extremely tired when reading this, I should probably start commenting after coming back and reading it.

xD

Decided to make a more accurate depiction of what the tournament would look like:

- Normal Advanced Format rules without any additional bans

- Only two people can be the same character.

- All decks must have at least 15 cards used by their character in the manga or anime in their deck, including at least 1 monster, 1 spell, and 1 trap. Some characters require more. Mystical Space Typhoon does not count as a character card.

- Characters also may not have more than 5 cards in their Extra Deck that were not used at some point by their character in the anime/manga.

- When siding cards, you may not side out cards to have less character cards in your deck than your character's minimum.

Yusei Fudo (Needs 18 Character cards)

Paradox (Needs 18 Character cards)

Crow Hogan (Needs 18 Character cards)

Kyosuke Kiryu (Needs 18 Character cards)

Bruno (Needs 18 Character cards)

Tron (Needs 18 Character cards)

Shark (Needs 18 Character cards)

Kaito (Needs 18 Character cards)

Alito (Needs 18 Character cards)

Yuma (Needs 18 Character cards)

Trey (Needs 18 Character cards)

Jaden Yuki (Needs 18 Character cards)

Zane (Needs 18 Character cards)

Yugi Muto

Seto Kaiba

Mai Valentine (May use Harpie Lady #1, 2, and 3 as Character cards)

Chazz Princeton

Syrus Truesdale (Must use at least 5 Roids)

Atticus Rhodes (Can use Metalmorph as a character card)

Jack Atlas

Velian Crowler

Akiza Izinski

Sayer (Psychic Lifetrancer is a Character card)

Carly Carmine

Rua

Jesse Anderson (Crystal Raigeki and Crystal Blessings count as character cards)

Tyranno Hassleberry

Gauche

Aporia (Just Aporia's deck)

Dextra

Aster Phoenix

Adrian Gecko

Quattro

Reggie MacKenzie

Kaze

Dragan

Reginald Van Howell
Vector (Includes Dr. Faker's cards)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking through all the new cards I missed, it looks like Zane got his Cybernetic Fusion Support and all of the support in the structure deck, Yuma got his Gagaga Academy in addition to all of the new cards in the show I don't really know about, III also got some new cards, Shark got a WHOLE LOT better. Plus as mentioned earlier, Tron gets a boon, though none of the new cards are recognized as his. Oh! And Yugi + Tea got Magician of Faith in the recent banlist change.

Also, I edited the tiers and some characters a bit. Let me know what you think.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the tournament is over, here is the Deck I submitted:

RWoJa8v.png

With Aporia not having any Extra Deck monster, I didn't expect to go as far as I did in the tournament, which took me by surprise.

Only after I was halfway through the tournament I realized that Allure of Darkness would have been helpful for fixing Meklord Emperor Wisel clogged in the hand, or dead Dark Armeds.

I would say the only subpar card that I had to run to meet the character's card requirements is Fortissimo: The card is useful for performing 1-turn Xyz Summons or replacing the opponent's Field Spell, but once you get one of them, the remaining 2 are essentially dead except for Field Spell wars. Still, this character card is better than Boon or additional Meklord Emperors that would further clog in the hand.

• 1 month later...

Archived